• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sebg82

Recruit
Feb 24, 2023
Description
Cities skylines remastered - unable to save

Game version
Xbox Series S and xCloud gaming

Expansions installed
After Dark,
Snowfall,
Natural Disasters,
Mass Transit

Issue
I am unable to save any existing and new games. I have an error message that states "an error has occurred while saving the game. Please try again later". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no luck, I have cleared cache too. I have the same with save and autosave.

Could you help me?

• 9Like
Reactions:
I have this issue too and I had read about players having an issue at 16MB, I deleted all my saves so had less than 16MB and still it happens. I have contacted paradox and they say it is a bug and 'I'm sure they'll fix it soon' (their words)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dev team, can we PLEASE have an update, even if it’s just to acknowledge that you’re working on it? Otherwise we’re going to have to start reaching out to Microsoft for a refund on the game and all DLCs :(

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Dev team, can we PLEASE have an update, even if it’s just to acknowledge that you’re working on it? Otherwise we’re going to have to start reaching out to Microsoft for a refund on the game and all DLCs 

I contacted them on Thurs and got a response on Fri. They stated there is no update yet and to make me aware patches on console take longer than pc as they have to be approved by Sony and MS. I have contacted them twice and both times they have directed me to forums so it would be nice if they would update forums as well

Thank you for that - yeah, I definitely know it can be a process to patches on a closed store. Even if it takes another month to get released, that’s fine, I get it. Like you said, however, being customer centric can mean just tossing a 2 line update on your official forum saying, “We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. We don’t have an exact idea of when it will be ready, but we’ll update the forum once a week or so with whatever information is available at that time.”

It’s even fine if they copy-paste that lol. I’m just tired of having an hour to play something, wanting to work on my city, and remembering that I can’t unless I don’t wanna save, and I have no idea if the issue is even being addressed.

• 2Like
Reactions:
We are aware of it and are investigating.
What would be helpful would be the following

• Were any cheats used such as Unlock all, or 25 tiles?
  • Was Quick resume enabled? (specifically this one)
  • Was it a base game map or a custom one?
  • Which console are you playing on?
  • Save game size

• 3Like
Reactions:

• Save game size
  • Were any cheats used such as Unlock all, or 25 tiles? Yes.
  • Was Quick resume enabled? (specifically this one) Yes.
  • Was it a base game map or a custom one? Base game.
  • Which console are you playing on? Xbox Series X
  • Save game size 16,23 mb
I trie to save the same city that i have an older save game whith 15,94 mb, and did ok.

• Save game size
Nice to see you, the forum needs more input from you guys.

Lots of miscommunication is causing a lot of frustration in the community, which, given that remastered was about making console players happy is a shame. Just more active responses and some clarification on roadmap for remastered would go a long way.

The issue is deffo 16.32 mb save file. I’ve turned off auto save, started game without quick resume and everything.
I play on series X and only thing I had was 25 tiles. Initially quick resume and auto save was on but now turned off. Also if you delete stuff off the map to bring memory down, you can resave the game with no problem. As soon as you hit a certain mb game just errors

• 1Like
Reactions:
The issue is deffo 16.32 mb save file. I’ve turned off auto save, started game without quick resume and everything.
I play on series X and only thing I had was 25 tiles. Initially quick resume and auto save was on but now turned off. Also if you delete stuff off the map to bring memory down, you can resave the game with no problem. As soon as you hit a certain mb game just errors
I’ll echo this. To answer the dev questions:

Initially, the issue occurred when I had no cheats enabled. I tried enabling 25 tiles as the only cheat, and it didn’t change the symptom of the issue.

Tried with and without quick resume:
  • Removed from Quick Resume
  • Quit the game entirely
  • Restarted the console (xbsx)
  • Deleted the local game data and resynched
  • No change to the issue
Base game map

Xbox Series X, game app and save data loaded from local / internal storage.
  • Save game size
  • Like everyone else, 16.32MB.
  • If I tried deleting some things from the city (like an airport or something big) and re-saved, the save function worked fine… until the save file grew to 16.32MB again.
As a note, I work with old databases from time to time, and some of them have a record size limit of 16MB… I wonder if it’s something as simple as a record size limit, though that would be odd unless the data storage scheme is different on console…

Were any cheats used such as Unlock all, or 25 tiles?

Was Quick resume enabled? (specifically this one)

Was it a base game map or a custom one?

Which console are you playing on?

Save game size

Were any cheats used such as Unlock all, or 25 tiles?

Was Quick resume enabled? (specifically this one)

Was it a base game map or a custom one?

Which console are you playing on?

Save game size

I had unlock all, unlimited money, unlimited oil ore and soil and 25 tiles. Quick resume? I don't know, I am new to series S. I think it is a map from a map pack. Save game size irrelevant imo, I deleted ALL my other saves.
Thanks

I've just started having this issue but at about 5.5mb on xbox series s.

Cheats: None
Map set: winter
Population; 23.1k
Tiles: 4/9

Started reading all the posts here and the common thing I'm seeing is that the issues starts with a failed auto save so I have fully disabled the auto save.

So far this seems to have stopped the issue happening with manual saves. This could be coincidental though. Might be worth checking for each person.

What i did:
- close the game fully
- remove from quick resume.
- re-open the game
- disable auto save in the options *before* loading the save.
- hit continue.

I'll update my post if anything changes. It is strange though that my issue started with such a low file size compared to everyone else.

Hope this works for everyone.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There’s tons of posts about this

all of which happen around 16.2MB saves whether it’s 25 tiles or 9 tiles.
Check Reddit and this forum for tons of other people posting on this same problem for a month+

its a shame, cuz idk if I’ll want to buy CS2 if I couldn’t even save my work in CS1 not trying to be rude or difficult either! Just have to wait on buying it til ik it’s solid ya know?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Same problem here, does not save over 16.32mb.
xbox x
9 tiles
No mods
06EC5053-3F85-4FF8-A032-88FFBA132357.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: