• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, any chance this can integrated to Epigoni? Kind of annoying, I was playing as Emporion, and was getting really tired of having to deal with the constant problems of being a republic, bad enough all of spain was mostly non-greeks. -Well it was 25% greek after 100 years.-

Sorry. Do not download the file because it won't work as intended.
Instead scroll down to post #11 and copy-paste everything into event file that you prefer(in Epigoni mod). It won't work only if the ID number is the same to those from epigoni mod, so you'll have to change it.

Bug with Mercury Omen

In the omens I am playing the 2.01d for the latest beta patch it has a weird name for the mercury blessing.

Instead it says

"divine_trade_roman_pantheon"

is the only one that says it the rest have their normal names trying to find out where the names are kept so I can fix it. Anyone.?

The file that you are looking for is probably omens.csv and is located in localisation folder. It is also possible that the whole line(translation) is missing.

This is copied from vanila game, latest patch, localisation folder,omens.csv, first line:
divine_trade_roman_pantheon;Guidance of Mercury;Conseils de Mercure;Führung des Merkur;;Guía de Mercurio;Guida di Mercurio;;;;;;x

Weird

WEird, that is what is in the folder.

divine_trade_roman_pantheon;Guidance of Mercury;Conseils de Mercure;Führung des Merkur;;Guía de Mercurio;Guida di Mercurio;;;;;;x
divine_calm_roman_pantheon;Call of Saturn;Appel de Saturne;Ruf des Saturn;;Llamada de Saturno;Chiamata di Saturno;;;;;;x

Between what you've said and mine I don't find a difference.

Both the Localization in vanilla and within the epigoni mod say the same thing.

here is a pick of both, The omens in the mod folder and the omens in the vanilla folder say the same thing.

proof of omens.png

-----------

On an unrelated matter, is there any way to mod succession system? To allow simply eldest of the family inherits?

Is really weird and nearly unpredictable who gets the throne with egyptian succession. 100% in all 3 popularity etc, and 7+ in their skills and still the heir is 2nd or 3rd behind someone far less popular or prominent. Even after every year the one I want gets triumph held on their honor.

Like make it so the eldest "child" no gender in it simply inherits.

Or like Seniority simply the "eldest" sibling and then "eldest" child inherits. I like when I go dictatorship to change my save game with gender_equality = yes.

The ideal Would be if I could appoint an heir like the marriage system I found which is nice. That way I cna just pick my
successor. I understand not nice to compare just a bit used to RTW being bale to simply decide who inherits, trying to replicate such feeling of simplicity.

Last edited:
Stirring up Rebels

I have for nearly 2 years kept the rebellion Risk in Macedonia at 99.2%. And I've yet to see anything... I only tried rebellions twice inv anilla and a few of the rebels with red black flags appeared with 30% in Sardinia once against Carthage.

I been keeping this up against the Antigonid kingdom after they took contorl of macedonia and all of their troops are Near Sparta. Still no rebellion. 99.2%!!!??? how are rebellions not popping up?

I did a fresh GamersGate Rome Gold install [basic install => 2.32 => 2.36b (restarted twice to get a correct checksum)] and installed the newest Epigoni, with all steps as in the Instalation thread (clearing out the cache) and including the texture pack into the texture folder. Sadly, the game crashes at startup. Error log:

Code:
[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: scale, near line: 249
" in file: "mod\Epigoni Mod\interface\avatars.gfx" near line: 250
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_line.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga for spritetype ch_GFX_icon
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga for spritetype GFX_eyes_asia
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga for spritetype GFX_title_praetor_peregrinus
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\slider_line.tga.
[lexer.cpp:549]: Error on dynamic token: tyranny, Check if not already used elsewhere.
[lexer.cpp:549]: Error on dynamic token: regency, Check if not already used elsewhere.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185806 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185811 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185812 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 185813 40. Already exists in game.
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: land_event_02
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: money_out

Any chance somebody could help me with that?

My game also crashes when I click on a character screen. This sucks- this mod is the only thing that makes EU Rome playable, and now this mod is totally broken.
I think a patch fixes that problem. I never had that issue when I was writing my AAR.

Last edited: