• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Found a bug. Had a very quick skim through the thread to see if it had already been reported, but I don't think it has.

The "Envoys from Saguntum arrive" events (events 185418 and 185429) will fire even if Rome is already at war with Carthage. It's a nice and easy way to lose some Infamy, I'll admit, but I'm guessing it's not intended ;)

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm having some serious trouble making the mod work on Steam. I followed the installation instructions, but when I opened the game it didn't give me a drop-down menu to pick the mod. Furthermore, all the sea-regions (and a few land regions) didn't have proper names (they were called PROV102 and such).

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what =/ Please help!

I have the answer! It seems to have started up properly now <3

I "installed" the mod as described and applied the patch (2.01b). Steam users just have to go to the EU: Rome folder and start the game through that, instead of through Steam's game library. If you start the game through steam, it just ignores the launch window - meaning you aren't allowed to pick the mod you want to play!

As Gabeed wrote somewhere else:

"You need to use the Rome.exe in the Europa Universalis Rome steamapps folder in order to bring up the launcher, and, thereafter, choose either a mod or vanilla."

I've been playing as Dacia and having great fun doing so, but I got to year 522 and the game crashes almost everytime it autosaves or just randomly. I managed to get to 525 after like 10 crashes. I reinstalled the game just to be sure it's not my fault but to no avail. I'm playing Epigoni 2.01b.

Here's the log to the latest crash: http://pastebin.com/Bca11AYq

I can provide you with a savegame if you require so.

EDIT: It appears that actually the autosaving caused the crash. Playing with autosave disabled seems to have fixed it. Strange...

Last edited:
Sorry short on time

Sorry im short on time and not near my game atm however. On the most recent version of Epogni (which btw is fricking amazing :D) Ive found a small bit of map confusion.

Not had time to check many of the other threads so apologies if this has already been flagged. But have recently been playing a game where my cunning plan to decimate a carthaginian army in Spain went a bit wrong.

The Shore crossing point between Tingis and Gardia behaves like normal with regards to movement and boats in every respect bar one.

For the purposes of blockading the crossing the map believes the Crossing ocean is an entirely different tile of ocean. (forget the name off the top of my head, but its one of the 2 to the east of Greece.

Not had a problem with this myself. Ive played around with it a lot and cant recreate it excepting the normal limitations regarding Unit loyalty not letting you merge loyal cohorts out of existance.

Yeah sorry about that bug report was in a rush but wanted to give ye a heads up before i went away for a few days.

Now im back home ill have to start checking out some of the more unique nations that are about in the game such as the "spartan" government/monarchy.

Had a few run throughs in MP with my sister who loves being an evil despot king (i pity any general who rolls a low dice roll in her country) Sofar as long as you dont do anything silly like rile the sleeping Selucid beast they are not much of a problem. The expansion further to the east seems to at least pre road, keep the yellow blob in check.

As fast as it pushes to expand it seems to get eaten away by break away nations and revolts, as the selucids cant have thier armies everywhere at once. The only thing thats scary is the greek alliance cascades ability to hit just about anywhere in the med on a whim. But thats more down to the boat attrition turned off for good reason on AI players.

There is one final bug/exploit I have noticed crop up in a couple of my games concerning the Bononian Boi. Thier home province is situated just north of Italia region. Occasionally they get the mission to invade Roman territory, giving them a lump sum of gold. Awesome mission, however the trigger for achieving this needs a little tweaking.
In 2 games they have invaded and annexed Umbria (which initially is just another celt province). Then when they next get the mission to invade roman territory, (Which is achieved as they own a province in italia and therefore have troops in italy) they instantly achieve it and pop the lump sum. This cycle often continues for prolonged periods of time. Ive seen them rack up over 7000 gold in one game before the cycle of constantly getting the correct mission broke. Once they have this kind of money Rome is also scared to attack them. So they happily potter along un hindered merrily repeating the process. < unless of course some douche like me has noticed and invades them to force a 990 gold peace deal :D *thanks them kindly for thier donation to construction projects in my tin pot barbarian provinces*

Last edited:
The unit merge button dosn't work. It says it should make all the units of the same type to get as many to maximum strength as possible but it does nothing.

Pretty sure this is not Epigoni Mod causing this issue. Can you post a screeny?

Not had a problem with this myself. Ive played around with it a lot and cant recreate it excepting the normal limitations regarding Unit loyalty not letting you merge loyal cohorts out of existance.

Yeah sorry about that bug report was in a rush but wanted to give ye a heads up before i went away for a few days.

Now im back home ill have to start checking out some of the more unique nations that are about in the game such as the "spartan" government/monarchy.

Had a few run throughs in MP with my sister who loves being an evil despot king (i pity any general who rolls a low dice roll in her country) Sofar as long as you dont do anything silly like rile the sleeping Selucid beast they are not much of a problem. The expansion further to the east seems to at least pre road, keep the yellow blob in check.

As fast as it pushes to expand it seems to get eaten away by break away nations and revolts, as the selucids cant have thier armies everywhere at once. The only thing thats scary is the greek alliance cascades ability to hit just about anywhere in the med on a whim. But thats more down to the boat attrition turned off for good reason on AI players.

There is one final bug/exploit I have noticed crop up in a couple of my games concerning the Bononian Boi. Thier home province is situated just north of Italia region. Occasionally they get the mission to invade Roman territory, giving them a lump sum of gold. Awesome mission, however the trigger for achieving this needs a little tweaking.
In 2 games they have invaded and annexed Umbria (which initially is just another celt province). Then when they next get the mission to invade roman territory, (Which is achieved as they own a province in italia and therefore have troops in italy) they instantly achieve it and pop the lump sum. This cycle often continues for prolonged periods of time. Ive seen them rack up over 7000 gold in one game before the cycle of constantly getting the correct mission broke. Once they have this kind of money Rome is also scared to attack them. So they happily potter along un hindered merrily repeating the process. < unless of course some douche like me has noticed and invades them to force a 990 gold peace deal :D *thanks them kindly for thier donation to construction projects in my tin pot barbarian provinces*

Thanks for the bug report Vellendarl. I will fix it in the next release. It has to be split into two seperate missions to work.

It sounds like you have been having fun. :)

Please let me know how you go with the Spartan tweaks. I did playtest them so they should be pretty solid.

Hello,
I have a different Problem (at last dont found it in this Thread).
After Installing Epigoni Mod all my Country Flags are Black, the Colors of the Ships are Black too and i dont see the Trade Items not Trade Lines betwen Provinces anymore.
As long i have only Rome Vae Victis the Colors are work correctly, first after the Mod the go Black....this is only for Flags (even the Flags for *Interesting Choice*-Country at Start are black), Ships and trade goods.

ist there any solution for this problem?
sorry for bad english
greetings

game works without any Problems.
As said the only Points are : black Flags, Black Sails of the Ships and missing Icons for Tradelinks, Traderoutes self works as they should.
Most of the Tradegods look normal if you use the Trade Mapmode but for some of them there are too only a black Icon like a Flag, that are: Olives, Grains&Cerals, Furs&pelts and Ivory&Tusks...all other looks correct.

as said, game works so it looks like *only* a grafic display Problem that comes first after Installation of Epigoni, i have make it exactly step for step as wrote here in thread

Getting a posting soon to somewhere im likely to lose the internet, so am likely to lose the ability to ask questions here, so putting a lot of game like this on hold until I lose it as they are awesome games to fill the gap :D . I am curious before I lose the internet the exact score with River trade routes. Im unsure why some of the rivers dont seem to work correctly. Particually in the northern germanic and Gaul areas.

Are all provinces along a river required in order to use the river trade ? (eg if there is an uncolonized province will this block the river trade.)

Further are the rivers acurate on the map ? Ive had the bizzare situation where ive been able to use River trade from Helveti to central germany, but cant find a route from provinces as close as Arbatres with a visable river link.

(also moving away from your mod a bit perhaps, whats the key to take screen shots, Might compile an ARR so i can post it once im back online)

Getting a posting soon to somewhere im likely to lose the internet, so am likely to lose the ability to ask questions here, so putting a lot of game like this on hold until I lose it as they are awesome games to fill the gap :D . I am curious before I lose the internet the exact score with River trade routes. Im unsure why some of the rivers dont seem to work correctly. Particually in the northern germanic and Gaul areas.

Are all provinces along a river required in order to use the river trade ? (eg if there is an uncolonized province will this block the river trade.)

Further are the rivers acurate on the map ? Ive had the bizzare situation where ive been able to use River trade from Helveti to central germany, but cant find a route from provinces as close as Arbatres with a visable river link.

(also moving away from your mod a bit perhaps, whats the key to take screen shots, Might compile an ARR so i can post it once im back online)

I can answer the screenshot question :)

There should be a prt sc key on your keyboard. Use that and then cut n' paste into paint (or some similar program). You may have to use alt + prt sc or fn + alt + prt sc if on a labtop.
Also, if you're using win 7, you may have to revert to basic desktop themes in order to get your comp to take a screenshot of the game - or always get a screenshot of whatever window you're looking at in wind 7. Do it from the control panel - visual elements or right click on your desktop and choose "personal settings" (using a danish Win 7, so don't know the correct english titles)

On the screenshots you can also use F11 and F12. I would love to see an AAR. :) I am trying to put together one myself from an older (pre alliance-war spam) game.

On the river trade:

In game effect:

1 River - +1% local tax modifier and +1 trade transit capacity
2 Rivers - +1.5% local tax modifier and +2 trade transit capacity
3 Rivers - +2.0% local tax modifier and +3 trade transit capacity

It operates basically like a road but without the movement bonus, connecting non-adjacent provinces and allowing trade between them. Trade transit capacity allows you to trade with provinces over land in a fashion similar to coastal provinces. Trade transit capacity only needs to be between two provinces to improve the range of their Trade Routes, not necessarily in both provinces (or all three). This means that provinces either side of a river will be able to take advantage of it

As you can see from the notes above, provinces either side of a "river trade" province can also take advantage of it. A Barbarian owned province will "cut" river trade but you might still be able to go around it. Of course, just like with roads you also need trade access to go through another nations country.

If you click on a province you should see the "River Trade" icon in the province. Atrabtes has no river on my map, Bellovaci to the south does.