• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a balance thing. Converting to a Tribal Confederacy lets you update to Federal Monarchy long before the 50 Civ level is reached. Which becomes problematic, because at that point there are no Crossroads events. And if you're below 50 civ, your only hope is random ruler events for civ increases, high civ neighbors, giving tribute to a high civ nation or trying to convert back to tribe.

I'm not sure if it is not the case of bad installation, but... In 1.31 I can see fixed positions of Tigris and Euphrates - great! But the green stripes representing fertile lands on river banks are still in old places. Moreover, provinces lying along "old" green stripes have still "river trade" modifier though there are no rivers anymore.

Hi Kristoff

The stripes are a left over from the old terrain map. As far as I know its impossible to change this solely in the mod directory. This means you would have to modifiy your main Rome instal.

I have developed a new terrain map but I am currently not supporting it for these reasons. See this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458098.

When I take the time to write some decent instructions I will get back to it and see if people can instal it without problems.

Also I will check those river trade modifiers.

Cheers

Hi Kristoff

The stripes are a left over from the old terrain map. As far as I know its impossible to change this solely in the mod directory. This means you would have to modifiy your main Rome instal.

I have developed a new terrain map but I am currently not supporting it for these reasons. See this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458098.

When I take the time to write some decent instructions I will get back to it and see if people can instal it without problems.

Also I will check those river trade modifiers.

Cheers

Seems that overwriting vanilla colormap_hires.bmp did the job (actually, I overwrote more files in vanilla map folder). I also manually corrected "river trade" setup. Not a big deal and now it's OK :)

Gods! Are Odin and pals taking sunbaths now?!

Don't know if it's WAD, if it comes from the standart file of the game or whatever, but it sure kills immersion. ;)

Attachments

• rome_1.jpg
    rome_1.jpg
    210,9 KB · Views: 56
Some more stuff to check/fix:

- Objective "become royal concubine" has not "government = monarchy" so this ambition is also in republics but cannot be fulfilled (objectives.txt), same with "marry heir".

- There is some mess with plebeian aediles, probably CH is to blame. CH introduced "aedile_plebis" for Rome. But at the same time vanilla "plebeian_aedile" vanished from titles.txt, so other republics lost these 2 grantable titles. Yet there are still ambitions tied to "plebeian_aedile", decriptions, new "aedile_plebis" doesn't have entry in titles.gfx ect. I'm not sure what were intentions: to leave "plebeian_aedile" for other republics and at the same time create different, more specific "aedile_plebis" only for Rome, or to have only new aedile_plebis and remove old plebeian_aedile".

- Whenever I give a title characters show no increase in prominence even if the title clearly gives it a boost. In characters window in column "prominence" I can see properly listed modifiers in toolip, when I hover over prominence, but actual numbers in columns are wrong. They stay at the level from the scenario start. Is it Epigoni or some beta patch bug? It wasn't like that when I lastly played EUR:VV (quite long ago).

EDIT: Hmmm, no objective (ambition) is updated. Wheter a character got what he wanted, ambition is still the same. Beta bug?

Last edited:
Some more stuff to check/fix:

- Objective "become royal concubine" has not "government = monarchy" so this ambition is also in republics but cannot be fulfilled (objectives.txt), same with "marry heir".

Yes, this should be restricted to monarchies only. Will update.

- There is some mess with plebeian aediles, probably CH is to blame. CH introduced "aedile_plebis" for Rome. But at the same time vanilla "plebeian_aedile" vanished from titles.txt, so other republics lost these 2 grantable titles. Yet there are still ambitions tied to "plebeian_aedile", decriptions, new "aedile_plebis" doesn't have entry in titles.gfx ect. I'm not sure what were intentions: to leave "plebeian_aedile" for other republics and at the same time create different, more specific "aedile_plebis" only for Rome, or to have only new aedile_plebis and remove old plebeian_aedile".

I just checked Rhodes and it had the new title aedile plebis available, so the new title is there for other republics.

Yes, the old plebian aedile objective is still in place and half converted. There is a new objective for aedile plebis. The original entry looks like is should go completely since this title is now gone as you said. I will update in next version.

The old graphic is still in place and the new entry has not been included for the new title. I will remove the old entry and replace it with a new one pointing to the old title graphic.

- Whenever I give a title characters show no increase in prominence even if the title clearly gives it a boost. In characters window in column "prominence" I can see properly listed modifiers in toolip, when I hover over prominence, but actual numbers in columns are wrong. They stay at the level from the scenario start. Is it Epigoni or some beta patch bug? It wasn't like that when I lastly played EUR:VV (quite long ago).

I just tested this with Rhodes, I gave a character the aedile plebis title and it appears to work fine. It shows as 5% (0% base + 5% for the title). Also checked it with tribune of the soldiers and it works fine.

EDIT: Hmmm, no objective (ambition) is updated. Wheter a character got what he wanted, ambition is still the same. Beta bug?

Yes, this looks like a bug in the latest beta patch (tested in vanilla with bodyguard title and various republican titles). Its a bit a of a game breaker. Do you want to report ? EDIT: I have done it.

Thanks for the reports. :D

Last edited:
Just a balance thing. Converting to a Tribal Confederacy lets you update to Federal Monarchy long before the 50 Civ level is reached. Which becomes problematic, because at that point there are no Crossroads events. And if you're below 50 civ, your only hope is random ruler events for civ increases, high civ neighbors, giving tribute to a high civ nation or trying to convert back to tribe.

Thanks jordanjay29. This was a good suggestion and I updated for it in version 1.31.

Sweet. I'll wait for next version to have my numidian trip then! :)

You may be drawn to greece or sicily in the next version.

I just tested this with Rhodes, I gave a character the aedile plebis title and it appears to work fine. It shows as 5% (0% base + 5% for the title). Also checked it with tribune of the soldiers and it works fine.

Hmm, what can cause this? Look at the scrsht I took. Gaius Clespina has 30% prominence because of titles - it is as it should be but it's the starting setup, day # 1. Spurius Maximus, who has just been awarded by me a quaestor title (it also shows ambition bug - he still wants to be a quaestor :)) has 0% prominence in the chart. Strangely, if you hover a cursor over it properly lists prominence and all factors. Moreover, if you sort the chart by prominence, our Maximus will also be in a proper place (beneath - not in the picture - are i.e. some people with 5% ). It's like this with every title I give :(

I had a CTD when I tried to open holdings decision as Ptolemaic Egypt... Just at the start of the game.

Just tested it twice at my end and did not have a problem. No CTD. Are you on the latest beta patch ?

Hmm, what can cause this? Look at the scrsht I took. Gaius Clespina has 30% prominence because of titles - it is as it should be but it's the starting setup, day # 1. Spurius Maximus, who has just been awarded by me a quaestor title (it also shows ambition bug - he still wants to be a quaestor :)) has 0% prominence in the chart. Strangely, if you hover a cursor over it properly lists prominence and all factors. Moreover, if you sort the chart by prominence, our Maximus will also be in a proper place (beneath - not in the picture - are i.e. some people with 5% ). It's like this with every title I give :(

Ok, I am pretty sure I have figured out what is going on. Its not Cursus Honorum or Epigoni. The same thing is happening in vanilla.

If you go into the underlying individual character screen it updates fine, even with the newly granted titles. However on the main (multi) character screen, granted titles dont update character stats.

Another vanilla bug.

I'm having a problem with the decisions tab, where the first three decisions continuously switch places, making it impossible to eneact any decisions. It must have begun sometime after August 486 I think, when I started receiving tribute from Elis, which I intended to diplo-annex using your decision.

I'll upload the savegame so you can download it and take a look at it.

Oh I also just notices that savegames from your mod end up in the vanilla savegame folder instead of the Epigoni savegame folder where they are supposed to be, don't know if something could cause that and if that could cause problems with the savegame?

EDIT/ savegame

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with the decisions tab, where the first three decisions continuously switch places, making it impossible to eneact any decisions. It must have begun sometime after August 486 I think, when I started receiving tribute from Elis, which I intended to diplo-annex using your decision.

I'll upload the savegame so you can download it and take a look at it.

Oh I also just notices that savegames from your mod end up in the vanilla savegame folder instead of the Epigoni savegame folder where they are supposed to be, don't know if something could cause that and if that could cause problems with the savegame?

EDIT/ savegame

Hi Qorten,

Thanks for uploading the save game file, that made it relly easy for me to see what is going on. :D I have isollated the decision "Switch" problem to diploannex decision. If you want to diploannex you will need to break your alliance with Knossos and Rhodes, then it will work fine.

I will send Cheexsta a PM and see if he can tell whats going on. It could be something to do with the three way alliance you have locked in. I know the game has a bit of an issue with representing three way wars as well.

Not sure about the save game location yet, it still operates fine but its not ideal. I will check it out a bit further.

Also, I found a problem with the form Peloponnesian League Decision. The code is broken. If you want to fix it for your game you need to go to the bm_greek_states file and alter the peloponnesian_league decision as follows:

Code:
		allow = {
			AND = {
				owns = 143			# Achaea
				owns = 278			# Arcadia
				owns = 142			# Argolis
				owns = 279			# Elis
				owns = 280			# Corinth
			}
		}

Note: there are two changes a missing bracket and OR has now become AND.

Thanks for the bug notification.

There seem to be something funny with the censor requirements for non-roman republics. As soon as the rather long office time ends the censors portrait starts to blink back and forth (and switching between displaying the requirements to be fullfilled or not) and the year that the censor took office is changed to "6".
If I hover the mouse over the "?" tooltip the game crashes. If I try to replace the censor nothing happens. If I save the game and then reload the censor positions will be empty when I reload.
I'm playing Carthage with the latest version of Epigoni and the latest beta patch. This is happening a lot...