• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on 12 August 2020 at approximately 3PM CDT (8PM UTC / 10PM CEST), this downtime is currently estimated to last around 1 hour.
  • Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

ferumman

Recruit
2 Badges
Jun 4, 2008
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I have enormous lag in Boston center. Outside i dont have any problem but when I'm close to Boston it starts to lag and if I enter its really bad.
I dont know if my system is bad or this is a common problem since the game is still BETA.
My system is ATI radeon 9550, 1 gb RAM, 2.4 ghz Pentium 4 and I have decent Internet conection.
I know that is old system but still I dont think the graphics of Salem are so complex.

unmerged(376826)

General
Demi Moderator
1 Badges
Sep 12, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars
It's really hard to pin down lag issues as there's so many possible variables. You should be able to run Salem with little problems on that. (I have a spare AMD Athlon 64 w/ 1GB RAM and a nVida 5200 that runs it, although at low frame rates.) If I were to take a guess at it, I'd say a network connection is to blame as loading new areas requires a lot of data transmission. If the connection is interrupted or dirty, it's going to cause issues.

It is possible that the older video card may be having issues with managing that many objects, but others with newer cards are have similar problems. That leads me to think that video isn't the issue.