• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No minimum range and an Accuracy Bonus, yeah. But if the Heat has been bumped up to PPC levels, that's troubling.

If it hadn't been mentioned that there are no "trade off" weapon variants (ex, + Heat for +Range/Damage), I wouldn't have been concerned.
LL have been a 30 heat since beta 2 at the latest. I never cracked into Beta 1 files. Further PPCs in beta 2 had their heat set at 37.5, so LL and PPCs do not have the same heat, rest assured.

In which case, we're boiling down to the 17th, 19th, 24th or 26th as most likely release options, assuming it doesn't slip out of April.
(Because Steam and Paradox both favor tuesdays or thursday as release days, with the Paradox leaning towards thursdays, so more than likely 19th or 26th...)

I've seen a screenshot of someone who dug around in some kind of steam data page and found the date set to 24th. Take it with a grain of salt, but that's where im setting my expectations.

I've seen a screenshot of someone who dug around in some kind of steam data page and found the date set to 24th. Take it with a grain of salt, but that's where im setting my expectations.
If that's true, and it's also true that Paradox never releases a game less than one month after announcement, then I expect we'll get a happy announcement by the end of next week.

Look, let's get back to something we can all agree on.

. . . this is all Stefan Amaris' fault.
Wow..disappear to a foreign locale sporting a 40 degree celcius temperature differential and no internet for a week and come back to this video and the 7 pages of commentary and wild speculation from the community.

This is all Stefan Amaris's fault?

'First Succession Wars" is the next expansion...you heard it here first folks! Confirmed! Or not...

This game and community is awesome...well the game hasn't been released yet...but the community? Released a LONG time ago..oh yes....

"And let slip the dogs of war!" (OMG....Wolf's Dragoons and the Kell Hounds! IN GAME!!)
:D;)

More reading to do.....

I needed something we could all agree on, that's all.
Oh I agree entirely, I was just being facetious....I've had a whole week without facetiousness and it hurt.....Indeed we have Mr Amaris to thank heartily or there may have still been a happy Star League with the odd discontent and where would that have left our franchise?

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it before, but HBS really needs to dial back on the recoil from launching missiles. That Atlas at 0:06 shouldn't be rocking like that.
I realize that if viewed far away the effect might be considered too subtle, but if you're going to have a close-up for a promotional video, it just doesn't look good.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it before, but HBS really needs to dial back on the recoil from launching missiles. That Atlas at 0:06 shouldn't be rocking like that.
I realize that if viewed far away the effect might be considered too subtle, but if you're going to have a close-up for a promotional video, it just doesn't look good.

It's been mentioned, yes . . . not here, which means there was some really bad language about it.

It's been mentioned, yes . . . not here, which means there was some really bad language about it.

Nah, we started to bring real world physics into it and from there it went sideways. Or recoiled. :p

I just realized: from 0:11 to 0:16 in the video you can see time advancing. During that period, 4 days go by. If this is the rate (barring event pop-ups), then your company can blow through a month of time in maybe less than a minute. The action is pared down to just events and combat missions.

I just realized: from 0:11 to 0:16 in the video you can see time advancing. During that period, 4 days go by. If this is the rate (barring event pop-ups), then your company can blow through a month of time in maybe less than a minute. The action is pared down to just events and combat missions.
I got the impression that that was like the screen on XCOM where you go to the base and do all your stuff during a time freeze, but then while on the planet screen time slides on by.

There's a pause button at the bottom-center of the screen. (Screenshot courtesy of @HonorKnight.)
7CqgdDl.png

Very interesting video, I feel the hype building! Just a little point that bugged me is how the commentary tries to justify even very narrative elements like events as gameplay elements. It's not "and there are these features that tell an amazing story" and more "and even events and those things serve gameplay, promise", as if that was all players cared about.

Very interesting video, I feel the hype building! Just a little point that bugged me is how the commentary tries to justify even very narrative elements like events as gameplay elements. It's not "and there are these features that tell an amazing story" and more "and even events and those things serve gameplay, promise", as if that was all players cared about.
I'll have to go back and look at it again. Sorry, but both times I have watched the video, I geeked out so hard on the video and stills shown to us that I paused and reversed so much, I don't even have a clear remembrance of the words being spoken!!!