- Feb 17, 2020
Greetings, Survivors! Enhancement Patch #3 features new buildings: The Graveyard and The Medical Lab, as well as building upgrades, balance changes, and bug fixes! The patch will be out tomorrow, for now, take a peek at the changes down below! Your game version should be 220.127.116.1123 on PC and 18.104.22.168 on Xbox.
GeneralSecond batch of building upgrades have been added to the game.
- The following buildings can now be upgraded: Trapper, Gunsmith, Tailor, Toolshop.
- Some of these upgrades will have a downgraded version available from the start of the game and the upgraded version will look like the version you have previously seen in the game.
- These upgrades can be unlocked from the Tech Tree.
- The low end versions of the Gunsmith, Tailor and Toolshop can only produce the tier 1 versions of their items. Their upgraded version can produce tier 2 and 3 versions but not the tier 1 versions.
Combat on the World Map has been redone and will now work similar to the Scavenging action.
- The combat is now based on time instead of Action Points.
- Specialists still need to be commanded to attack the bandit as before.
- Unlike the scavenging action, you can have multiple Specialists in combat with one bandit.
- You can also command your Specialists to leave the combat before the bandit has been defeated, but this will result in your Specialist taking some damage if they have been in combat for at least one turn. They should never die from this damage.
- If a Specialist is running low on health during combat, you will receive a notification warning you of this while in the colony view.
- While in combat, the bandits will not heal themselves. If you leave combat before defeating them, they will again start healing until in combat again.
Added two new buildings to the game.
- The Graveyard which works the same way as the Burial Pit but is much larger and does not create pollution.
- The Medical Lab - can be used to create medicine in the colony.
- This also introduced two new resources to the game: Medicinal Herb which can be grown in the Greenhouse, and Herbal Medicine which is produced in the Medical Lab and then used to create the medicines used by the colonists.
- Fixed the issue that caused resources in your storages to be counted wrong that resulted in negative amounts in resources when the game was loaded.
- Fixed the issue that caused the game to become unresponsive when a Guard from the Guard Post had died and been buried.
- The Water Tower building is now in its own tech and you will need to research the tech to be able to build it. If you have some built already in a previous save, they should remain but you will not be able to build new ones until the tech has been researched.
- Changed the way the notification “Specialist ready for action” behaves. This notification should now only appear if you have Specialists in the World Map idling. If they have a task to perform (queued movement, scavenging a location or combatting a bandit) you will not get the notification until at least one Specialist is idling again.
- Divided seeds that can be planted in the open fields and in the Greenhouses. Greenhouses can still be used to farm any sort of seeds. Open fields can no longer be used to farm Flax, Peanuts or Medicinal Herb (new seed added in this patch).
- Fixed an issue that caused the entire game to crash when attempting to scout a specific sector.
- Improved the autosave feature. It should now save in more appropriate situations in the colony.The system should no longer overwrite other autosave files with the same name as easily. The file name should have a number if the game detects an earlier autosave from another colony that had the same name. It will still overwrite the previous autosave file if it was made from the same colony.
- Fixed an issue that caused 13 different events to never appear in the game.
- Colonists should no longer walk on water after constructing a building onto water (such as the Fishing Hut).
- The Water Collector will now work during Heat Waves.
- The Gate Storage has now been removed and should no longer be visible in the Gate info panel.
- Changed the resources some of the wild animals give after they have been harvested to be more appropriate based on the animal.
- Slightly increased the maximum distance of the camera in the colony.
- The resources allowed to the Campsite and its upgrades can now be changed the same way as you can change them in the Stockpiles.
- The Radar should no longer show workslots in the Statistics.
- Added sorting in the Statistics tabs for Colonists, Resources and Buildings. This should help when looking through larger colonies.
- Underground deposits that have an extractor on top of them should no longer show floaters when placing another extractor of the same type.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to place quest locations inside mountains. The game should now do a check on the adjacent hexes to ensure this does not happen again.
- The Environmental Station, the Maintenance Depot and the School have been moved to other categories.
- Fixed an issue that prevented selecting Specialists with the box selection in the colony. This was caused by the Specialist using queued movement to return to the colony from the World Map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the second part of the event Traditions of Love to appear before the first part.
- Fixed issues with the animation of colonists picking up and dropping down resource boxes.
- Colonists that finished building a construction zone should no longer run over blocked areas.
- Added a bar to the loading screen.
- New temperature and malnutrition icons have been added to the colonist info panel.
- Some event images have been changed to be more appropriate.
- The trade menu should no longer show Xbox prompts in the last confirm pop up unless actually playing on the controller.
Changed how much time the colonists spend on different tasks.
- Colonists should now take less time to sleep, wash up, warm up during the winter and also spend less time in the Happiness buildings.
- Colonists will now harvest deposits around the colony slightly faster.
Adjusted the eating rates of different foods.
- Colonists will need to eat more raw foods (such as Corn or Venison) than before.
- Eating preserved old world food (such as Jerky) will fill them up roughly the same amount as before.
- Meals will fill colonists up better than before.
- Food production in different buildings has been balanced to help deal with the increased consumption.
- Malnutrition rates have also been balanced to ensure they do not happen too easily with the increased consumption of raw foods.
Buildings now take more resources to be built and slightly more time as well to adjust to the colonists working more.
- Requirements to build almost all buildings have been changed.
- Adjusted the starting resources on all difficulties to fit to the changes.
Resources found on the World Map have been balanced.
- There should now be less of the basic resources available for scavenging in the World Map.
Increased the amount of societies on the World Map.
- While the World Map is still randomly generated, you should now get more societies in your World Map when creating a new game.
Item durabilities have been lowered.
- Previously items such as the Tools could last for an extremely long time.
- Now they have been adjusted to break more accordingly to their level.
- Exception to this is the durability of the Weapons that has been increased on all tiers.
Meteor Storms should now do slightly less damage around the area of impact.
The Specialist Jin has been balanced so that she is on the same level as the rest of the starting specialists.
Colonist flee time has also been reduced so that they would seek out medical help when necessary faster.
Reduced the possibility of hostiles and increased the possibility of adults in the Survivor Groups.
Added more large plank deposits around the colony.
Increased the amount of resources in the concrete and plank deposits around the colony.
Various adjustments to production speeds in several different buildings.