• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
r5 is now available for download... you can get it here...

(My sig has been updated too...)

This mod primarily concerns itself with colonisation... whilst playing as nippon i have been happy with how the AI has conducted its exploration but not at the extent of development... most are TP's and ridiculously small.

High expansion settings and low tp settings will hopefully fix this next time :)

Last edited:
r6 is now available for download... you can get it here...

(My sig has been updated too...)

This release is designed to further improve colonisation with high expansion values and refocused areas so rather than be particularly historical the settlement should be alot more practical in terms of game balance.

It also includes the first non ai related change, that of the revolt.txt file. This represents the first steps in designing an IGC based enhanced scenario founded on the original AI changes.

Last edited:
In r8, (or in r7 if it's been corrected already) you might want to fix Ayutthaya/Dai Viet's colonization preferences--Vietnamese colonies in Cuba is kinda scary :p

Also Persia has some strange tendencies (e.g. Ganges :p)

Morpheus506 said:
In r8, (or in r7 if it's been corrected already) you might want to fix Ayutthaya/Dai Viet's colonization preferences--Vietnamese colonies in Cuba is kinda scary :p

Also Persia has some strange tendencies (e.g. Ganges :p)

Is this something you have noticed in the IGC or r6 of my work?

Last edited:
Languish said:
Is this something you have noticed in the IGC or r6 of my work?

Both in conjunction, actually. Am I the only one who's seen this? :rolleyes: :p

I just finished a game as Russia. I thought about posting an AAR but it seems so very quiet so i thought, instead, i would highlight the end of game 1792 Political Map to show how the AI performed.

Europe - Please note that i was playing a fairly aggressive (eventually) Russian State. Turkey was the predominant power in the region though they could not completely destroy the Austrians.

Asia - The East Indies turned out very well indeed, India was a suprise, principally controlled by the French.

North America - Turned out nicely indeed, there was a suprisingly strong dutch presence, and again note my Russian colony, which disrupted an otherwise well-developed english presence.

South America - I always like how this turns out. The only surprise here is a strong Dutch presence which is in itself not too surprising vs. the Portuguese.

Africa - More patchy than i would like. French west africa was initially more organised. Dutch expansion is stronger than anticipated.

Oceania - Nice to see France bothering with these places!

Last edited:
Nikolai II said:
Nicely done :)

Have you tried any handsoffsies too, or is that too boring?

Well in that AAR the only thing i really did that interfered was play as russia colonising that chunk of North America. I drew in some French attacks towards the late game but otherwise didnt mess with the dynamics.

I actually am close to a quick r8 update, for those who still play (!), followed by a real radical overhaul of the Historical Monarch Events files.

Last edited:
Languish said:
Update: Dead image links removed. Possible update en route...
Coolie. I have been waiting for a long time.

Jayavarman said:
Coolie. I have been waiting for a long time.

If there is an update, it's like to be minor, and more cosmetic. I play to run an AAR shortly (over the christmas period). We'll see! Thanks, for dropping by on the thread :)

Nikolai II said:
Hiya Languish - long time no see ;)

Thanks - it's been a while admittedly :)