• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Languish

Fighting the Boredom
Apr 17, 2002
www.twitter.com
This is a thread to promote the slight AI adjusted i have created for use with the IGC 2.3.

You can download the files here...

I am presently testing this in my Hanseatic AAR and welcome any discussions on its contents.

Please see the readme file for information about what the file contains and how to install it :)

Last edited:
Early findings

Well i ran my hanseatic game with these AI changes and noted the following points of interest:

1. .eug file
2. Warmongering effectiveness
3. Colonisation

.eug

I examined the .eug of the hanseatic game and noted ai = entries for a lot of the new countries i had adjusted (i.e. Scotland, Genoa). This proves that this change worked and was effective. Alot of other countries were given default.ai as expected.

Warmongering effectiveness

Those nations with preset high value war = 100 settings acted accordingly. I found England a little less interested in protecting its provinces/colonies though and will be increasing this for the next release.

Colonisation

Each area will be covered by a seperate "thread" (see below):

Last edited:
Africa

African colonisation went reasonably well in areas. I was please and portuguese and french interest in the region. The French seemed very keen in western and souther western africa so i think this will need toning down a little. England remained only vaguely interest and this needs a little pushing i think.

The east coast became kind of balkanised with lots of different nations getting in on the act. I m not sure i like this generally.

The region = "west africa" entry is the cause of most of the issues here and will be removed from virtually all AI files that posses it. The area = entry allows allows a little more refinement in the location that the AI prefers.

I also noted that the Turks had conquered Oman, whose AI had done what i wanted by starting colonial attempts along the east african coastline. Good stuff!

Last edited:
North America

North America was exceedingly well colonised though if you take a look at it there are some annoying "wrong things". In the EU1 Timline no massive effort was made to colonised anywhere past the appalachians and yet we find the entire continent colonised.

Basically the major players, france and england will have area entries ONLY when it comes to North and Central America as region/continent entries tell them to do anywhere in as dictated by the entry. The same however will not be applied to spain... it has done as well as expected.

Last edited:
South America

South America has gone, in part, alot like North America. Spain has done incredibly well (as expected) but Holland has gone a little OTT. This is again due to the vagaries of the region = as opposed to the area = entry in the AI file.

Basically Holland will have the AI file reduced to focus on recife and surinam. England and France will have Surinam as in interest. Portugal did "okay" but perhaps suffered from unexpected dutch intrusions thanks to their AI file.

Last edited:
Far East

This area went relatively well with Portugal colonisation western india, the spice islands and parts of indonesia. The dutch founded Jakarta and the Spanish settled in the philipines... the English also had considerable interest in India and in Australia.

Going to give England region = India to enforce its interest in that region in case france dominate carnatic and portugal/holland are around. Carnatic and Bengal are still listed as specific areas.

Persia might need a specific AI... it appeared to posses several colonies here and there, perhaps as a result of wars.

Last edited:
Cool. Parting with the random colonies will be hard, but I think I can overcome the grief:p

Originally posted by Morpheus506
Cool. Parting with the random colonies will be hard, but I think I can overcome the grief:p

Hopefully, at the conclusion of the P-L game i am running right now i should see a *slightly* better colonial world. Already i have noticed a slight change to England's war rating has made them quite menacing.

Last edited:
Hm, sounds interesting.

EDIT: 1300 posts!!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Okay,

I just completed my game as Poland and things looked alot better (colonially) than they did last time.

What was interesting mostly about this game is that Holland either briefly formed or didnt form at all. With them out of the picture it got interesting everywhere.

New England formed, split in two by New Sweden (all trading posts) which was great. New france formed, and didnt go all across america (bowt time!) and looked awesome. I still think perhaps spain is a little to vigorous but i like the effects of this modification a lot. Anywhere here are the summary shots of r2 in completion.

Last edited:
North America

Compared to last time, North America, is excellently well formed.

The lack of Holland forming/remaining made for an interesting colonial situation (tone down england war ai)... in North America it looked good.

New England ~ Formed well mainly more south than had historically occured. Colonisation was not as focused so i might increase expansion, though only slightly. It was split asunder by...

New Sweden ~ I did allow the swedish AI to colonise in a very LIMITED manner and obviously good relations with england allowed this to continue. Their settlements from roanoke inwards are exclusively trading posts. Very nice to see this.

New France ~ A large politic in canada as far as labrador to the great lakes. Some attempts to settle the mississipi had been made but nothing in louisana (might be due more to the spanish being too prolific). Need to check whether "Louisiana" is in...

Last edited:
South America

Again, slightly affected by a lack of dutch settlement so this needs to be factored in. However... what is here is encouraging in areas. The French and English have made efforts to settle in Guyana, and the Spanish have saturated the continent again. Portugal has settled Brazil but not as heavily as it should. I think was largely because they were being hammered by Spain alot anyway. I will be modifying the Portuguese AI to settle a little be more and a little further to the south. Otherwise its looking good again...

Last edited:
Africa

This became a little more conformist in this release, (despite my polish settlements on the north west coastline).

Oman was wiped out by the turks which was annoying so i couldnt see if they had even tried to settle east africa. France, portugal and England did well again.

Venice became a colonial power it seems and settled several areas of africa.

Last edited:
Far East

Again the lack of dutch settlements needs to be appreciated. Great chunks of Indonesia remain relatively under-developed in their absence.

The french and english settled in India as expected, although england has not taken advantage of some of the free space in india (symptomatic of a low expansion figure/region setting change).

What is interesting, again, is swedish, venetian and even papal colonisation (not there in 1792) of this region. Those are limited to small trade posts but their presence remains interesting :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Carolus Rex
Nice initiative Languish, now if you could only do this for EU2. :D

Thanks Carolus.

This has, partly, been done by Daywalker and MKJ. Although using AI switches the mod becomes large and ultimately overly complicated.

The beauty of EU1 is the AI does do what you tell it to do, including colonially. I still cant get over the fact the Portugal and Spain go ahead and build a viable far eastern empire :eek: The spanish are even in the philipines :eek: :D :)

Its great!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Languish
Thanks Carolus.

This has, partly, been done by Daywalker and MKJ. Although using AI switches the mod becomes large and ultimately overly complicated.

The beauty of EU1 is the AI does do what you tell it to do, including colonially. I still cant get over the fact the Portugal and Spain go ahead and build a viable far eastern empire :eek: The spainish are even in the philipines for gods sake :eek: :D :)

Its great!

Argh...if we could get Spain to do that.....:(