• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(51332)

Colonel
Dec 4, 2005
When I got John Cabot I was busy putting down rebellions or something, and never really noticed the event fired. I went on for years and years thinking "why havent I gotten an explorer?". Its the mid 1520's right now in my game, and I've checked my leaders folder- apparently I dont get an explorer until the late 1500's after John!? I dont even know if I'll ever get one considering it seems the prerequisites are knowing areas I'll never find. event 1040 doesnt work apparently. What am I to do? How is England to find the new world? :(

When I got John Cabot I was busy putting down rebellions or something, and never really noticed the event fired. I went on for years and years thinking "why havent I gotten an explorer?". Its the mid 1520's right now in my game, and I've checked my leaders folder- apparently I dont get an explorer until the late 1500's after John!? I dont even know if I'll ever get one considering it seems the prerequisites are knowing areas I'll never find. event 1040 doesnt work apparently. What am I to do? How is England to find the new world? :(

There is always the chance of a random explorer if your politics favour naval. And if you don´t have the patience to either wait for the next historical explorer and don´t want to take the chance to get a random explorer you still can cheat and manually fire the event that gives a random explorer.

event 1040 doesnt give me a random explorer, I think agceep must have deactivated it. Do you know any that works? :confused:

Originally , AGCEEP also had his son, Sebastiano Cabotto , which is historical, but after much debate , he was removed because the AGCEEP wanted the french to colonise NA before the English.

he was starting around 1516

You can always swap discoveries, with another nation, ........try a traingle version like, swap with SWE, then, VEN, POR/SPA and lastly the FRA
you could be lucky.

I do this system when I play DAN or SWE and I usually start to colonise in africa or NA very soon after the initial discovery.