• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 7, 2009
I'm using Windows Vista which may or may not be causing this problem, which is that the game suddenley and without reason, gives me loan after loan that I have not asked for. The message just states that I have taken out a loan. Are there any patches that will sort this out please?

Upvote 0
I'm using Windows Vista which may or may not be causing this problem, which is that the game suddenley and without reason, gives me loan after loan that I have not asked for. The message just states that I have taken out a loan. Are there any patches that will sort this out please?

What patch are you running? Under what circumstances do you get the loans?

Might be a "lagloan" 'though. Are you experiencing this during an mp game, with 0 ducats in your treasury, at the turn of the month? If so it's caused by lag. I remember f*cking up France for good during my 1st mp that way. Lagloan after lagloan and Austria turned Germany taking me over completely and mercilessly. Yes, that still hurts Sorel. :D

The key to evading this problem (unless you're gonna upgrade your pc) is not buying things with your last money, especially not around the turn of the month. Not even a colonist to the Canaries if you're Castile.

Last edited:
No, I don't think, lagloans are the problem here. You don't even get a message, if you received a lagloan.

I think, doddsk has just had an army that is too big for his little economy (more expenses than income per month). And when the loans are taken, there's little one can do to avoid bankruptcy.