• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MeiSooHaityu

Field Marshal
13 Badges
Jan 3, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Magicka
I was playing a random base defend mission the other day and stripped a Javelin 10A of it's LRM15. It then proceeded to DFA my Vindicator.

I don't know if I have ever seen the enemy try and DFA me in the roughly 700 hours I have played this game. It surprised me to watch it happen. Maybe it has happened in the past, however I can't recall remembering it if it did.

How often do you witness an enemy AI performing a DFA? I'm just curious.

• 1Like
Reactions:
DFA from the AI? Never happened to me.

Which is a bit weird, as I've lost count of how many pilots I've had succumbed to melee attacks on my (checks GOG) 1979 hours of game. And the 10A just so happens to be a priority. ;)
Wonder how's the AI set up to try DFA...

Ok so I am not alone then, however it seems incredibly rare.

I thought he was going to jump past me at first, but down on my head he landed.

I wonder what triggers need to happen for the AI to perform the attack. If it is so rare, it must be a specific set of circumstances.

Ok so I am not alone then, however it seems incredibly rare.

I thought he was going to jump past me at first, but down on my head he landed.

I wonder what triggers need to happen for the AI to perform the attack. If it is so rare, it must be a specific set of circumstances.
I wonder if it is anything more than A) has no weapons left AND B) has jump jets.

1601 hours. Seen it 3 times, all failed.

I don't recall if any of them had functioning weapons as it's been quite a while on all 3.

It doesn't happen that offen. 3750 hours gametime. What's bad is when an Urbanmech DFAs you and kills you.
Oof! That is rough. I thought getting kicked in the head by a Jenner was rough.

I wonder if it is anything more than A) has no weapons left AND B) has jump jets.
Maybe, however I would think it would be much more common unless there is something else at play. Hard to say.

I doubt it's just that as it's typical for me to have the OP4 weaponless but not jump-less :p, and yet it never happened to me (as far as I can remember, any way...).
Still, this is quite intriguing. I thought that I had already experienced the most vexing melee attack in the form of a locust taking out my legged 'Hopper... :eek:
I'm suddenly feeling quite tempted to make another Campaign + Career and try to provoke a DFA.

Oh man, thinking about this is reminding me of all my tries to perform a lethal DFA with an Urbie... *heart-emoji*

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I wouldn't be surprised if the conditional is something like a. you're in jump range b. you're not in melee range and c. they have zero weapons remaining, which is a pretty rare set of circumstances all-told.

Reactions: