• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lord111

Corporal
Jun 23, 2013
I challenge you to find a logical explanation to this. In my Cumanian campaign enemy AI takes no attritition in my land, over supply limit. it has been going on long time.

20190224004016_1.jpg

its adventurer. but they did take attritition first, when they were divided in two groups. those 15k who take no attritition, were initially two 8k size army, they did take attritition in my land with 7k supply limit.

But now i suspect AI is cheating because attritition would kill more. How is that logical that army takes no attrition when its bigger, but takes attrition when smaller?

its adventurer. but they did take attritition first, when they were divided in two groups. those 15k who take no attritition, were initially two 8k size army, they did take attritition in my land with 7k supply limit.

But now i suspect AI is cheating because attrition would kill more. How is that logical that army takes no attrition when its bigger, but takes attrition when smaller?

The attacking army almost certainly consists of two components - a regular army that takes attrition and an event-spawned army that does not. Together the attrition free part of the army somehow makes it that the entire army suffers no attrition, separately the regular army now suffers attrition as normal.

I didn't that it was realistic or even rational, but it does seem that this is what is happening.

but both of those 8k armies took attritition in my land, when they marched trough Kingdom of Volga Bulgaria. They later merged in Borovichi as you see here. Attacker claims Novgorod, could it be that attacker will suffer no attrition in Novgorod, because he fights for that Kingdom?

here are the same 2 armies in Novgorod, after loosing some in attrition in Volga Bulgaria. still no attrition here.

ccc.jpg cccc.jpg

Here is what he fights for.

vvv.jpg

here is his army, only event spawned forces.

bbb.jpg

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Adventurers
If nothing unexpected happens while he was preparing for his adventure, the character leaves their court to lead an army from the same location. They gain a duchy-level "Host" title and several courtiers to use as commanders, as well as the Adventurer
Adventurer.png
trait. He create an army whose size scales with the strength of the targeted realm, making them dangerous even to a large realm. However, the total number of troops in an adventurer's army will not exceed 30,000. These troops are considered event troops, making them immune to any form of attrition, but also impeding their reinforcement. The war follows the same mechanisms as any other claim war, except that the defender won't be able to get any occupation warscore, as the attacker does not possess any land. As such, just like in a rebellion, the only hope for the defender to win the war is to eradicate the adventurer's army and to ensure none of his territory is occupied.

most likely they had non event troops with them and they were suffering attirtion

dont you see their numbers? its the event spawned troops who suffered attritition, they were over 8k both, now their numbers are 7800 in Novgorod, 7500 in Tikhvine. The adventurer has no other troops, only event spawned.

nnn.jpg

Last edited:
You haven't shown them actually losing any units to attrition, and since adventurers don't suffer from it, I'm hesitant to agree with you that they did. I'd say makaramus' post has the right of it.

It could have just been "out of supply attrition" The children's crusade, for example, doesn't suffer from any attrition based on supply limits, but is affected by out of supply, which stops when they reach either enemy territory or friendly territory.