• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BigBo

Recruit
26 Badges
Jun 13, 2018
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Majesty 2 Collection
Hi there,

after starting a new game, if i advance time, every day 6-10 notifications without any text in it and just an OK button. As this repeats every ingmae day, the game is unplayable for me :(

I have deactivated all the mods. so it has nothing to do with mods...

Please help!

Actually it is mods - deactivating them does not remove effects they have already had on the save game file. I've seen this many times here, always mods! Not sure which one or ones though, sorry - maybe check in the User Mods forum?

Actually it is mods - deactivating them does not remove effects they have already had on the save game file. I've seen this many times here, always mods! Not sure which one or ones though, sorry - maybe check in the User Mods forum?
Just started a new game, made sure to deactivate all the mods, but again, every ingame day 6-10 empty popups.
Deleted every single Mod from the initial Playset, made sure this was the only existing Playset, started a new game, but again, every ingame day...

So, no, I am still going with "it´s not Mods" ;)

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new galaxy - NOT any existing one

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.