• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

andyp1407

Dany event chain writer
33 Badges
Jan 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • War of the Roses
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
Unfortuneatly my computer broke with all my pictures on it. Luckily I still have the save so I'm going to continue nevertheless! Hope you enjoy!

I'm playing this game as House Targaryen true rulers of Westeros. The character i'm starting as is (F)Aegon.

Please comment they really make my day!

I

Aegon stood at the edge of the tower, looking out over Shipbreaker Bay watching the sun set. Aegon had arrived in Westeros a boy but now he was a man. The battle at Rainhouse against what was left of the army of house Wylde was Aegon's first taste of combat. The combat was quick and brutal. The Golden Company's ships landed during the night and entered through a postern gate into the courtyard of the keep. Jon Connington led the vanguard onto the walls killing the men that stood guard. Aegon accompanied the main force into the keep. Rolly Duckfield guarded Aegon as he walked up the steps onto the dais at the end of the hall. Lord Casper Wylde was dragged from his bed and was led down from his room into the hall. Lord Casper was made to kneel in front of Aegon the terror clear on his face. Aegon looked down upon the kneeling Lord. "Casper Wylde, Lord of Rainhouse" The words echoed around the hall. "Your family stood with the Baratheons against my grandfather, what say you in your defence?"
"Your grandfather..." The look of terror turned to confusion on Lord Wylde's face "King Aerys the Mad was your grandfather? But how is that possible? The Mountain smashed the babe off the wall and torn the girl in half, It's not possible!"
"I believe it is time for me to speak" Varys entered into the hall. "The Mountain did indeed smash a baby's head off of a wall in the Red Keep. However. That baby was not Aegon Targaryen."
Lord Casper looked up at the boy in front of him. "You.. You're Aegon?"
Aegon looked into the eyes of Lord Casper. "Yes. I am Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of my name, True King of the Andals, the Rhonyar and the First Men. And I will have my revenge, with Fire and Blood!"

That had been a month prior now. After Rainhouse Aegon had begun taking a more forward role in his host. With Jon Connington leading the van and Harry Strickland and Rolly Duckfield commanding the flanks Aegon took control of the heavy cavalry that sat in reserve. Stannis Baratheon was the primary enemy of Aegon at the moment, seeing as his grip on the Stormlands was loose at best it didn't take long for Lords to start to swear fealty to Aegon. Aegon began to install garrisons at castles throughout the Stormlands including in the Rainwood where Devan Seaworth ruled after his father had been executed. Slowly but surely Aegon reclaimed the Stormlands under Targaryen rule and in Griffin's Roost the Targaryen sigil is raised above the gates. The final holdout in the Stormlands was the great castle of Storm's End. Aegon marched his host to besiege the castle however it walked straight into Stannis' trap. While Aegon had been marching through the Stormlands, Stannis had been battling the Bolton's in the North. Now he had won and had installed Galbart Glover as the new Lord of the North. Upon his victory Stannis had sailed his army south and had disembarked in Storm's End, his men lay in wait for Aegon to besiege the castle. As Aegon's host began to approach the gates Stannis attacked. Stannis led his force into the flank of the vanguard and forced Aegon and his army back. Aegon ordered the retreat and the main part of the army fell back towards Griffin's Roost. Of the sixteen thousand that had marched on Storm's End twelve thousand returned. Jon Connington was not among the men who made it back.

Oh poor Jon....Nice work here. Next time try to make the paragraphs smaller and more organized. It can help quicken the pace and make the action stand out more. Can't wait to see what your going to do with this.

Thanks for the feedback, the lack of pictures will go on a while i'm afraid, hopefully a replacement motherboard arrives soon!

II

"We must strike back!" Harry Strickland sat to Aegon's left, taking over the position of Master-at-Arms from Jon Connington. "We musn't let Stannis use this victory to inspire his men. Let's march on Storm's End fight them in the field." There was a few murmurs of agreement among the commanders present.
Engaging them in the field would be foolish my King. Varys sat on Aegon's right, his soft voice cutting through the clamour for action. "Our forces are close to even, in a fair fight I fear Stannis has the advantage, this is his homeland after all"
But what of Tarth, Spider? He has yet to contribute in the war against Stannis, perhaps he is still loyal to the false king?"
Lord Selwyn has not contibuted since his men lie on the other side of Storm's End greatly outnumbered. Don't be such a fool"
"Enough!" Aegon rose from his seat, "We shall not march on Storm's End yet, however Lord Hugh Grandison has requested aid, Stannis has his keep besieged and he does not have the men to defend it. We shall march to Grandview, if we engage him there it may force Stannis to reinforce his forces."

The march through the hills from Griffin's Roost was uneventful, no scouts were left by Stannis, so the force at Grandview was taken unawares when Aegon led the troops into their rear. Aegon charged down into a group of infantry who were rising from their sleep. Aegon attacked the first few ferociously however a lucky arrow pierced his horse's throat which sent him tumbling to the ground. Rolly Duckfield saw this and rode to his King's side to defend him. Aegon struggled to his feet gathering his broadsword and shield off of the ground. A soldier swung his billhook into Aegon's shield staggering him. One of Aegon's bodyguards attempted to rescue his liege however the soldier with the billhook caught him in the shoulder with the blade and sent him crashing down off of his horse. Aegon recoverd and launched an assault of his own, his word clattering off of the billhook's head and then into it's shaft. Aegon's opponent fell back preparing for a overhead strike, he lunged forward plunging the billhook down but only found empty air as Aegon sidestepped and stabbed down at the soldiers unprotected legs. The soldier roared in pain as the sword was driven deep into his thigh. Aegon raised his shield above his head and slammed it down on the soldier's temple. The roaring stopped.

As Aegon's forces drove off the last of Stannis', a rider approached from the south.

"My King!" the rider shouted "A force approaches from the south some twelve thousand strong!" Aegon stopped and looked up into the very hills they had travelled through to see an army marching towards them. However their banners were not Stannis'.

There's a chance of friends, as Aegon's Dornish uncle might have joined the war. More likely is a Tyrell/Lannisters host though.

There's a chance of friends, as Aegon's Dornish uncle might have joined the war. More likely is a Tyrell/Lannisters host though.
Curiously the Tyrells didn't contribute any forces to the Stormlands. Euron was killed early on ending the invasion. It seems that after that they just sat back and let the war play out. If you think about it, that's probs what the Tyrells would do, seeing as they have ties to each family.

Congrats on the AAR comp though, if i was well I'd like to think I could've won but judging from the quality of work, that wouldn't be the case :D

No, don't shoot yourself in the foot. You have skill, but you just didn't have the shear volume of work yet.

Wasn't fishing for compliments but thanks! I'm a realist, my writing is average at best whereas guys like Deag and Etzel are great. Hopefully over time i'll improve, still never sure how I got the PC Gamer gig!

Meh, I've been doing AARs for about 15 years now. Which blows my own mind now that I think of it. You're doing quite well imho.

Sitting on the fence is actually an extremely Tyrrell thing to do. Though the family has bad blood with the Martels, with Tywin gone and Cersei incompetent they would probably be looking into securing a plan B.

III

Three riders broke from the approaching army, and appeared to signal a parley. The leader of the group was tall, thin, and gaunt. He has a narrow face with dark eyes and a long, thin beard, which almost reaches his waist. He wears a brimless three-tiered hat of purple felt, robes of a sober purple trimmed with ermine and a high stiff collar. On his flanks were two guardsmen, One sat high in his saddle wearing plate armour wielding a battle-axe and the other was wearing leather armour with an arakh at his side.
"Aegon Targaryen! My name is Tycho Nestoris, representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos. I am here to make you a deal." the centre rider announced
Aegon and Rolly came to a stop across from the trio. "What deal would that be Representative Nestoris?"
"Ah i'm glad you are willing to discuss terms, that dour Stannis Baratheon wouldn't even talk to me. The Crown owes my employers a rather large sum of money. Any of the claimants that promise to repay the Iron Bank will find that we are a most valuable ally." Nestoris smiled and gestured behind him to the army.
Rolly leaned in and whispered to Aegon "My King, these men would almost guarantee a victory over Stannis"
Aegon pondered the proposal. "If I take the crown would I need to repay the loan immediately?"
"Oh no, of course not! It would hardly be fair to punish you for the mismanagement of the realm. You would repay the sum plus all interest accumulated until today, ten years after you win the throne."
"Well these terms seem quite generous Nestoris, it would seem foolish to pass up such an opportunity."
"Excellent, let me just write up the details of the contract."

Aegon inspected the army alongside one of the Representative's bodyguards, a Northman named Lachlan. "As you can see, the most vicious and toughest sellswords are being provided. Dothraki screamers make up the cavalry, while warriors from all across the free cities are the bulk of the infantry. For my money, this army could take on any force in Westeros and win."
"Really? How have you arrived at that conclusion? These Dothraki screamers are fearless however their arakhs can't pierce plate. The men are disorganised a cavalry charge into them would cause havoc."
"You haven't seen them in combat, my lord" Lachlan replied smoothly, a grin spreading across his face. "I can't wait to see your face."
"Won't you return to Braavos with Nestoris?" Aegon said confused
"No, i'm the commander of this army, I won't leave while my men are here."

Varys was sending a raven, when Aegon returned to Griffin's Roost. "My King." Varys bowed "I have sent ravens to the major lords in the realm. including your uncle Prince Doran Martell of Dorne. When we engage the Lannister we will need Dorne to stand against them."
Aegon nodded
"However my King, bad news had arrived from Storm's End, Lord Jon Connington has died in his cell"

Well, that was unexpected. And somewhat out of character for Stannis. Poor Jon seems to get all the pain in this AAR.

Well, that was unexpected. And somewhat out of character for Stannis. Poor Jon seems to get all the pain in this AAR.

Sometimes the AI just goes to whole different level of stupid. If Stannis had accepted the troops he'd wreck me in the Stormlands, and with the North his ally Tommen wouldn't stand a chance. Even with Dragons i don't think i'd be able to win.

Jon was really unlucky, I think the health malus for being imprisoned + greyscale caused him almost guaranteed death.

IV

Aegon marched towards Storm's End with his own host while the army of the Iron Bank crossed into the Crownlands in order to approach Storm's End from the north. Aegon sat astride his destrier and looked out upon the capital of the Stormlands. Orys One-Hand marched into the city the victor after killing King Argliac the Arrogant, when his namesake looked to capture Storm's End, Aegon was looking for a similar result. Stannis' riders had informed him of Aegon's host approaching from the south and had arranged his force to meet them. Aegon led his infantry into battle while holding his cavalry in reserve. As Aegon reached the melee Lachlan and his sellswords charged Stannis' rear. Aegon charged into a group of peasants, sending them reeling. One swung a sword up at the young King however he easily parried the blow and riposted with a slash through the peasants head. Suddenly a whirlwind of sword strikes crashed into Aegon, forcing him off of his horse and onto the ground. Aegon rolled over and looked up to see a knight wearing the favour of house Farring. The knight turned and bore down on Aegon. The knight swung his blade down but Aegon mustered sufficient strength to block the attack. The knight dismounted and approached on foot. Aegon attacked with a flurry of blows however each was intercepted by the knight's shield. The knight stabbed at Aegon's face but, the blade was smacked away by Aegon. Aegon ducked under a swipe by the knight and slashed against his back. The knight screamed in pain and fell forward onto his knees. Lachlan rode in and stabbed his spear into the knight's shoulder. Aegon kicked the knight in the side of the head knocking off his helmet, revealing the knight to be Ser Godry Farring. Ser Godry sneered at Aegon, "The Lord of Light favours Stannis, you will never take the throne you heretic swine!" Lachlan dismounted his horse and punched Ser Godry in the face. "Don't worry about a fuck like him my Lord. He's just a fucking loony"
Ser Godry spat at Lachlan "Your people should be put to the sword, traitors all of you!" Lachlan grabbed Ser Godry's head and drove his knee into his face, shattering Ser Godry's nose and knocking him unconscious. "Stannis has fled my lord, Storm's End lies defenceless now."

Aegon marched into Storm's End with his host. The sellswords had been instructed to wait outside the castle, to make sure no pillaging took place. Lomas Estermont stood in the square outside the keep alongside the garrison without weapons and armour. When Aegon approached they knelt. "Lomas Estermont, you have defended this castle bravely and for that, you have my respect." Aegon announced "Every man, woman and child who wishes to, may leave for somewhere else if they wish to. Let it be known, no one shall be harmed."
Ser Lomas Estermont looked up at Aegon "You are truly merciful my Lord. Thank you."

Aegon didn't feel like celebrating his victory, he descended into the dungeon of Storm's End however he didnt find Lord Jon Connington's body, it already had been burned. Aegon travelled to the Sept in order to say some prayers for his friend. Septa Lemore was already there kneeling at the idol of the maid. She looked beautiful in the candlelight. As the door closed Lemore looked up and saw Aegon.
"Don't mind me my King, I'm just saying a few prayers for Jon." Aegon sat beside her. "I have come for the same reason Septa. He never received a proper burial." Aegon and Septa Lemore spent an hour talking about Jon. However as Septa Lemore leaned in to hug Aegon, Aegon kissed her. Taken aback Septa Lemore made to leave, however Aegon held her hand and told her to stay. Neither of them were seen until the following morning.

V

It was several weeks after the siege of Storm's End that Aegon and his army before they had started the march to King's Landing. News had reached Varys that across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys had made an alliance with Doran Martell, having married his son Quentyn. Her plan was to sail to Westeros and land in Dorne in order to stake her claim to the Iron Throne. However, before this plan was set in motion an assassin, entered into the Great Pyramid and threw the young prince off, into the streets far below. When Varys told the story to Aegon he smiled.
"Why do you smile Varys, this has only delayed my Aunt. There are plenty of suitors she could marry." questioned Aegon riding beside his Master-of-Whisperers.
"Daenerys won't marry just anyone my King, Quentyn represented ten thousand Westerosi spears being added to her army. For the moment Daenerys can only call upon barbarians and sellswords, and even they are suffering from disease. Should she try an invasion she'd find resistance from the local population to be quite stiff." replied Varys
"Just keep an eye out Varys, I don't wan't my aunt to arrive before I hold King's Landing." Aegon rode off towards his lieutenants.

When Aegon and his mighty host arrived at the Blackwater they saw a city in chaos. Lachlan had already sent men ahead to stir up trouble in the city. A few sellswords entered Flea Bottom and had started commiting arson throwing the peasants into throes of panic. Aegon took his own men and his levies from the Stormlands to the River Gate and began to attack it with a ram. Lachlan's force besieged the Gate of the Gods in order to pin in the garrison. It took several weeks to bash down the gates and when they lay broken at Aegon's feet the army moved into the city. Aegon duelled a young knight in the shadow of the walls. Aegon was blindsided by the ferocity of the knight his strikes forcing Aegon back. Aegon riposted and stabbed deep into his opponents shoulder befor following up by hacking downwards into his neck. Slowly Aegon marched through the city and met with Lachlan outside the Red Keep where his sellswords were already well underway in scaling the walls. Eventually after lots of screams the gates rose open. An Ironman beserker and a Dothraki screamer stood to either side as Aegon strode up to the doors to the Great Hall. Two Lannister soldiers rushed forward. The beserker jabbed his axe forward into the first soldier's gut before decapitating him with a downward swing. The Dothraki leapt onto the second soldier burying his arakh deep into his stomach. The doors creaked open, revealing an empty hall with one man standing infront of the Iron Throne with a body at his feet.