• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThanklessMoss

Recruit
12 Badges
Nov 13, 2016
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
I'm going to boil it down to keep it simple, here's my problem with the story:

So we know almost certainly that Kyros intended you to become independent and take control of the towers. But then the ending doesn't make sense since you use this power to challenge Kyros him/herself..

Am i missing something, can someone explain this inconsistency (or lack of logic) to me?

Well ashe challenged the overlord and ended up serving said overlord. Do also remember that in the ending slide of your smaller edict I casted stone they said in the slide Kyros did little to defend(nothing at all :p) to defend the capital from it.

Kyros knows what the spires do and what they are capable of kyros could of killed you at any time in the grand scheme of things you are still small even smaller before you realized your power.

Archons develop by the fear and love of their enemies and friends perhaps kyros is developing the Archons he/she wants but for what purpose? We don't know.

Reactions:
There is speculation, that Kyros wants you to become so strong.

In the end, the ending is dissatisfying. Especially if you go with the rebels.

I am of the same mind kyros wants you to become strong Ashe is a clear example of this until you start sucking at your job and decides to get rid of you. Also sirin tells you she tried to kill the overlord yeet kyros did not have her killed.

Lantry tells you that kyros is sending the Archon of ruin to the tiers with his army of plagueborn his power is of plague and disease and kyros had his army dismantled because it was rubbish for peace time. To me this is starting to seem more like tests to get a strong Archon than kyros stopping a "rebellion".

I mean they give the PC an option to say they are still loyal to kyros conquest in Tunon's trial that it was a true investment. The elder fatebinder says you are an Archon you should display and gather your power as much as possible and make sure your enemies or friends fear or love you to gain more power.

Last edited:
Reactions:
But then why did Kyros send armies just to be defeated by your edicts? (ending slide aswell). Only thing i can come up with is that Kyros is grooming you to be his/her heir.

Maybe either way looking at it the PC seems to be the best type of Archon for a peace time empire instead of war. Ashe was only good for war and nerat well is crazy and a monster.

Just wait in the expansion/DLC a royal decree of kyros calling you to the capital then we go over all your past decisions and kyros favors or wrath depending on the options then kyros reveals the TRUUUE plan.

Reactions:
I'd like that.

I mean looking at your spire and the puzzles you have done there are more to unlock and spires are ALL over Terratus according to Myothis perhaps kyros was looking for an Archon that can use them?

The pc's form of edicts is a lot safer compared to kyros on more smaller scale and direct that's when I think we will get the option to serve her/him.

As i read it Kyros need to disband armies of Nerat and Ash, since you dont need bloodthirsty hode in peacetime, and Archont of War could seek another target. Or maybe just wanted to cut them both in size, so they will be less powerful. What we know is that Kyros is not that much powerful, since some of her power comes from servants and believers.
So She sent rising archont and tolerate Sirin to stick around, so all archont will kill each other. (they are no longer needed, and there will always be a new one)

There is also theory that Empire without threat will fall in corruption. Maybe Kyros need some form of threat but not too much to keep servants in check. If you rebel i will send you against flame bringer or something.

As i read it Kyros need to disband armies of Nerat and Ash, since you dont need bloodthirsty hode in peacetime, and Archont of War could seek another target. Or maybe just wanted to cut them both in size, so they will be less powerful. What we know is that Kyros is not that much powerful, since some of her power comes from servants and believers.
So She sent rising archont and tolerate Sirin to stick around, so all archont will kill each other. (they are no longer needed, and there will always be a new one)

There is also theory that Empire without threat will fall in corruption. Maybe Kyros need some form of threat but not too much to keep servants in check. If you rebel i will send you against flame bringer or something.
This is indeed correct according to act 3 kyros sent the disfavored and chorus full well knowing that they don't get along and banked on them falling into civil war kyros even instigated it further in act 3. Have the stronger kill the other or have them bought down a peg. Myothis also says that Kyros likes to keep the Archons from getting too comfortable and advises you to gain power since she believes you are also an Archon.

I mean and edict stating I will kill all of you in 8 days they still could not work together.

i hope the devs do resolve this issue in a dlc in a REALLY understandable and comprehensible way

I never really put much thought into it, but in hindsight I assume that if Kyros set all this up so an Archon would awaken in the Tiers it would be so they would "adopt" the Tiers as their home and get rid of some problem Archons. Once the Tiers are conquered, Kyros has nowhere else to invade, which means he wouldn't have anything to keep the attention off his own tyrannical actions, which is clearly already a problem considering the Forge-Bound are discontent already, and a number of untrustworthy or unstable Archons would be left without distraction. We know Kyros had at least three armies, so why send the two that are polar opposites and commanded by generals that hate each other when he had a larger army (mentioned at the end of the game) that was more united and would have been able to conquer the Tiers without invoking so much rebellion in the natives? I think it's because Kyros needed to have someone capable of opposing his Empire so he could have a way to paint himself as more benevolent by "protecting" his people from the "savage barbarians" of the Tiers and he didn't want to have Graven Ashe or Nerat around anymore.

Throughout the Conquest, Kyros had Tunon assign his most promising Fatebinder to oversee and mediate these two armies to plant seeds of doubt and frustration in the Fatebinder's mind (after all, how could Kyros truly be a great and capable ruler if his generals are such fools?) and then, when the oathbreakers rebelled and both Nerat and Ashe were in a position that they could be trapped within, Kyros wrote an Edict to kill them off and had Tunon send the same Fatebinder to read the Edict, worded in such a way that it would allow a frustrated and desperate Fatebinder to ally with the rebels instead of try to get the two armies to work together, still satisfy the conditions of the Edict, and potentially awaken their powers as an Archon. I think the issue is that Kyros didn't anticipate the new Archon would have the power to proclaim their own Edicts and everything went downhill once they gained the ability. His solution would have been to declare what was simply a free for all between the Archons in the Tiers to buy him time to get the rest of his armies in position to put down the new Archon before they started to test their powers should the others fail. In this scenario, Kyros then also makes the mistake of assuming that the new Archon can't issue an Edict on any major territory in his empire because his own Edicts have to be read within the location they would impact, so when the player declares an Edict on his capital Kyros isn't prepared for the damage and has to call back his armies to maintain order.

Basically, if Kyros planned all this, I tend to view the ending as "Kyros' plan went too well"

So we know almost certainly that Kyros intended you to become independent and take control of the towers.
No we don't. Some characters are imply such things, basing that "hey, Kyros is great Overlord, he is infallible, of course everything is going by his plan". I mean, in this logic EVERYTHING that happens happens because Kyros wants it. Kyros wants you to became independent, kill Mark, Turon, Ashe, Voices, destroy everything Kyros supposed to achieve in Tiers, mock his power all over, because it's everything his plan. He wanted Archon of Stone rebel, he wanted Unbroken be stalwart, he wanted Ashe daughter to fall inlove with heir of Regent and have a daughter, and he had that point in his Edict that daughter could be saved. And if you DON'T kill Mark, Turon, Ashe, Voices - it's everything his plan all along. Every step you character can do is Kyros plan.
That's my main problem with this theory - it don't explain anything. It just states "everything happens because Kyros wants so".

Also sirin tells you she tried to kill the overlord yeet kyros did not have her killed.
Yes, he just put a blocator on her head and gave her a shizo maniac to conquer lands for Kyros glory, on the leash.

Maybe either way looking at it the PC seems to be the best type of Archon for a peace time empire instead of war. Ashe was only good for war and nerat well is crazy and a monster.
But you never really get to play out the role of a peaceful Archon who remains loyal to Kyros, in order to be peaceful, you have to rebel, in order to remain loyal (up until the end) you have to brutally subjugate the vast majority of the tiers and decimate one or both of Kyros armies.
I mean looking at your spire and the puzzles you have done there are more to unlock and spires are ALL over Terratus according to Myothis perhaps kyros was looking for an Archon that can use them?

The pc's form of edicts is a lot safer compared to kyros on more smaller scale and direct that's when I think we will get the option to serve her/him.
I kind of get the impression that the secret to Kyros power, is the Spires, Our PC has the same abilities and power as Kyros. Kyros has just had more time and more fear-love from the vast world of terratus to make his edicts trully world shattering. I can't imagine Kyros creating an equal power to himself, he may let others live, sirin for example, but another potential Overlord? I really don't think so.