• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yup, mark does warn you that nerat and ashe wants you dead hence why you need to grow and prepare if you are going to be handling itself. Plus I can still punish the disfavored in the stone sea for what they are trying to do.

When tunon asks you why you did what you tell him out of the gate both armies were inept at their task which is actually a crime in the trial lol.

Also my character would never side with rebels.

Personally I love stories like rebel route or Dragon Age: Origins where you labor to gather an army of allies and in an epic battle defeat big bad evil. Too bad there's no such battle in Tyranny as of now. Seems pointless, unless sequel or DLC comes out.
I kinda wanted a combo of both your approaches. Build allies but as as evil servant of the evil overlord!

As for DLC, I suspect the first might have something to do with exalted jade, archon of tides. Would be a good way of gaining more spires connected to the ones in the tiers, without having to war with Kyros. Lots of runic symbols beneath the mountain spires edictotron. Need to get them activated! Hopefully any additional title/dlc will build upon the base elements of the game that would have made this one perfect. Tighter narrative, better range of choices, greater usage of in game systems (especially faction favour and wrath) expanded companion interactions (maybe quests?) A chance to actually use some of the awesome spells and artefacts....

As for DLC, I suspect the first might have something to do with exalted jade, archon of tides. Would be a good way of gaining more spires connected to the ones in the tiers, without having to war with Kyros. Lots of runic symbols beneath the mountain spires edictotron. Need to get them activated! Hopefully any additional title/dlc will build upon the base elements of the game that would have made this one perfect. Tighter narrative, better range of choices, greater usage of in game systems (especially faction favour and wrath) expanded companion interactions (maybe quests?) A chance to actually use some of the awesome spells and artefacts....
I'd rather not have that. She's across the seas, far away from Kyros and conflict. I don't what to run away from conflict, I want to get straight into it. I want to deal with incoming Archon of Pox, activate Spires across the continent and then go to Kyros's Court and kick her butt :D

I'd rather not have that. She's across the seas, far away from Kyros and conflict. I don't what to run away from conflict, I want to get straight into it. I want to deal with incoming Archon of Pox, activate Spires across the continent and then go to Kyros's Court and kick her butt :D
Such impatience! I get what your saying, but I think any conflict with Kyros needs a fully fledged game to do it justice. Dlc could be used to flesh out the game systems, drip feed more lore and build better narrative experiences. Lay the ground work for an explosive sequel that hits the ground running and finally takes of, destination Kyros butt, steel toe capped boots ahoy!

Such impatience! I get what your saying, but I think any conflict with Kyros needs a fully fledged game to do it justice. Dlc could be used to flesh out the game systems, drip feed more lore and build better narrative experiences. Lay the ground work for an explosive sequel that hits the ground running and finally takes of, destination Kyros butt, steel toe capped boots ahoy!

*grumble* but I want to at least meet kyros in the first game I do think there is more going on and considering what the Archon of tides has done there are other lands across the seas.

edit: It is kinda funny that mark tells you in the anarchy route he made a bet with calio if the civil war will end up killing the PC mark remarks keep living and you will make Calio a rich woman. XD

*grumble* but I want to at least meet kyros in the first game I do think there is more going on and considering what the Archon of tides has done there are other lands across the seas.
lol I thought that the end of the final DLC would be the perfect time to meet with Kyros and declare our intentions and justify our actions. We could get the chance to ask some questions and get some foreshadowing on the plot for the sequel. I guess they could go for the big reveal sooner, but surely you have to admit that sometimes, these things are best not rushed and instead, savoured ;)

lol I thought that the end of the final DLC would be the perfect time to meet with Kyros and declare our intentions and justify our actions. We could get the chance to ask some questions and get some foreshadowing on the plot for the sequel. I guess they could go for the big reveal sooner, but surely you have to admit that sometimes, these things are best not rushed and instead, savoured ;)

I know when the game ended I hungered for more, I could see the DLC starting up with a royal summons backed up with an edict if you don't attend then kyros goes through your choices approving or disapproving depending on your justification.

I mean we are missing 5 spires I assume we might grab some in the north. I mean for moving around armies spires seem pretty great if the PC connects them.

You guys are so gullible and easy to please. Many reviewers complain that this game feels unfinished, like a chunk is missing. Obsidian's gonna sell that chunk at a separate price and we're all gonna swallow it. Meeting Kyros should have been in this game, confronting her too. Not in some far away DLC or sequel.

You guys are so gullible and easy to please. Many reviewers complain that this game feels unfinished, like a chunk is missing. Obsidian's gonna sell that chunk at a separate price and we're all gonna swallow it. Meeting Kyros should have been in this game, confronting her too. Not in some far away DLC or sequel.

Hmmm I do feel confronting/meeting kyros should of not been in the game but I do feel there should be "more" meat on act 3. Anyway I don't want to change this into a DLC thread.

Personally I don't expect to fight kyros when the PC controls barely 10% (or even less) of the map even if you do the rebel path plus I enjoyed my time with the game so it does not bother me that much. Of course some people may feel otherwise.

Hmmm I do feel confronting/meeting kyros should of not been in the game but I do feel there should be "more" meat on act 3. Anyway I don't want to change this into a DLC thread.

Personally I don't expect to fight kyros when the PC controls barely 10% (or even less) of the map even if you do the rebel path plus I enjoyed my time with the game so it does not bother me that much. Of course some people may feel otherwise.
I really didn't want to meet Kyros so soon, I want Kyros to be something or someone really far and beyond the power level our character achieves in this game. The build up needs to have suitable amount of payoff at the end. That said, I too wish the game had more content, I've complained endlessly about it though, so I rather not keeping banging on about it, no matter how salty I feel! :D

I had an inclination that dlc would be a given in the event the game sold well (which I believe it did.) I hope that the main story is reserved for an actual fully fledged game, far more robust than the offering in Tyranny, dlc would be the perfect opportunity to put in the content that should have been present in this outing. It sucks that it wasn't there to begin with but I've come to expect this sort of thing in the games industry we have today. Short of not playing games anymore (I play precious few as it is) I don't see any way of avoiding it. Can clearly see that the rebel path is the intended path so to speak and the two loyal factions were tagged on at a later time. Obsidian has the makings of something awesome, it just remains to be seen if they finally or eventually deliver on that potential.

I still want to know what Nerats big plan was. Might have to play a chorus playthrough to see what can be gleaned.

Can clearly see that the rebel path is the intended path so to speak and the two loyal factions were tagged on at a later time.
I've pondered about it in another thread - rebel route is rather underdeveloped as well because there's no exposition as to why Fatebinder would suddenly want to betray Kyros and side with the rebels, and nothing is explained during the game, no one to confess your sins to, so to speak. And in the first dialogue with Eb after claiming Ascension Hall you pretty much confirm you wanna take all of them down, Kyros included. And then you just go and lie to Tunon straight to the face pretending to be loyal. At least with Disfavored, Chorus routes there's no question about Fatebinder's loyalty.

I still want to know what Nerats big plan was. Might have to play a chorus playthrough to see what can be gleaned.
Nothing much, though he definitely was up to something. You can learn about his past though, how he came into service of Kyros. No explanation how he learned to absorb other people, but I got the feeling he was tired of the voices. Maybe that was his plan? To get some peace and quiet, lol?

I've pondered about it in another thread - rebel route is rather underdeveloped as well because there's no exposition as to why Fatebinder would suddenly want to betray Kyros and side with the rebels, and nothing is explained during the game, no one to confess your sins to, so to speak. And in the first dialogue with Eb after claiming Ascension Hall you pretty much confirm you wanna take all of them down, Kyros included. And then you just go and lie to Tunon straight to the face pretending to be loyal. At least with Disfavored, Chorus routes there's no question about Fatebinder's loyalty.
Your mostly right. There was the option to tell the vendrien guard in no uncertain terms, that they are your subjects, that you will side with them to bring order and peace, you get the similar option with lantry after you take the first spire, but from that point onwards theres no follow through on the particular line, when you meet other tiers factions you literally ask them to "join the fight against Kyros" The idea that you might gain favour with the rebels by working to protect their interests and aspects of the culture in opposition to the chorus and disfavoured who seek to brutally subjugate them, but to do so as subjects of Kyros under the aegis of the court (or specifically the PC) it's just not a choice, which would be ok, but for the fact they provide dialogue to suggest that this is an option and then never follow through. :rolleyes:

Hmm I personally did enjoy the anarchy route myself it felt more "right" to me I guess? This is just my opinion I feel that they added a rebel option because lots of people wanted to be the "good" guy if you were on the steam forums before release loads of people kept asking for an option to be "good" to rebel against the evil overlord.

On steam when someone normally ask for the route with the "Most" content most people recommend anarchy because you pretty much can get everything without jumping through hoops to get there compared to other routes. Out of all the routes I feel rebel was not "intended" it seems to me that the armies were done first then anarchy and finally rebels.

Hence the rebel path was made for people who wanted to be "good" I assume it was bought up during developer discussions. I feel the developers should of put the resources for that elsewhere but hey.

This is just me but on reddit some people are upset that they are rebelling against kyros on the "rebel" route. I don't know what people were expecting most of the tiersmen want their freedom from kyros. Joining them then expecting them to bow to kyros just seems "out" there I do think they should of paced the PC's changing loyalties better. Hence why I believe rebel was added as a last option.

Anarchy gives the PC plenty of chances to say why they are doing what they are doing(if you are loyal or note) it should of been the same for the rebel path I think. Plus you are still with the court on the solo route.

I mean if the chill dude belden is frosty with you in the rebel path well according to wimple I mean you should get the hint.

Now nerat considering how they say how many steps ahead he is due to all his voices I think he suspected slightly that kyros may have sent him to the tiers to die well I haven't done the chorus run so I wouldn't know personally don't like either army.

Also out of all the characters Mark is building the most following as a favorite character on reddit AND tumblr(Tunon is also really popular) cause he is a "chill dude". Mark also does reveal he trained you in the anarchy route someone on tumblr took pictures.

tumblr_ogwnarCzYT1tckhmko2_1280.png

tumblr_ogwnarCzYT1tckhmko1_1280.png

Last edited:
I have to disagree here. What you thought about rebel route, personally, I thought about anarchy. To me anarchy feels the least developed one, and I can say this because I did 3 others already and can compare content location by location. Everything you can do with alliances there, which is a huge part of the game, you can't do in anarchy. There are less dialogue options. You simply slaughter everyone in your way for the most part. Sure you can visit all locations and get more artifacts but you're missing on other content like alliance quests and npcs. Those quests give more meaning to the whole plot. And most claimed locations after your visit are barren and void of npcs. If you work with Mark you can't even do the quest for Tunon to investigate which Archon is sowing most chaos, he just leaves you to do whatever, which is very odd considering you're still officially to do his bidding.
To me it feels like a lonely, detached experience where important things going on around me but I play a selfish bastard who mounts beneath him a pile of corpses and artifacts and doesn't give a damn about anything. And I simply can't trust that guy Mark who's for whatever reason is your only ally in the whole route.
Nah, this route is not for me.

Last edited:
Hence people have different preferences I told tunon I did not side with either army because it would harm my objectivity. He told me it was an interesting approach and asked for evidence which archon was guilty. I had enough evidence to convict nerat and Ashe but tunon told me to pick one.(I indicted nerat) Tunon tells you in the anarchy route to toll out justice in the civil war which is what I did. I told mark it was about justice he approved and he was right that I needed to get stronger to protect myself from almost demi god like beings who are clearly disloyal and breaking the law. Since both armies view me as an enemy. My fate binder could not bring themselves to side with either army or the oath-breakers considering what the armies are doing I was right not to side with them like the disfavoured making the stone sea barren.

Btw, after finishing the anarchy route I got the feeling that this is the route most loyal to Kyros, surprisingly. You did everything Kyros secretly wanted.

But as for Bleden Mark, he wasn't so loyal after all. First, he gives you his gloves on purpose - they were supposed to leash him to Tunon somehow. There's an achievement on Steam - From the Shadows - gain Mark's loyalty and make him turn on Tunon. Tunon still beats him because he had learned something additional from Kyros that Mark wasn't aware of. Anyways, Mark also mentions he's old and tired of straining his leash. And he also mentions Fatebinder is his best bet against Kyros. So, I'm guessing Mark was bored initially and decided to toy with the Fatebinder at first, then seeing Fatebinder's potential he started powering him\her up in hopes that this will be his winning ticket to freedom from Kyros.

Oh I know I made a whole post about it in the myothis letter thread I have the achievement. He resents his leash to tunon but I want to raise the question on other routes you can get tunon to bow yet he still tries to kill you even with max favour. Unless Kyros told him to try and kill you and it's clear Kyros has some control over him since in his short story they make the point that kyros diciplines him sometimes. Yet in the anarchy route he makes no such attempt he prefers either way to get tunon to bow or killing Ashe and nerat to get him to turn on tunon for you. Hence why I agree anarchy might be the route most loyal to Kyros. I think he is reporting to Kyros in some fashion Since things don't add up. Apologies for the block of text on my iPad.

Yea, he likes you a lot more on the anarchy route and decides to put his faith into you to defeat Kyros and free him. Too bad that his loyalty means nothing on other routes (can even get it up to 5), pointless.

I guess I had thought the anarchy route (which is my favourite in terms of remaining loyal to Kyros while maintaining independance from dis/chorus) would be abit more like the rebel path. Forcing the locals to recognise superiority and submit, knowing they'd fare better beneath my banner, than either the disfavoured or chorus. Some factions it plain wouldn't work, but in the rebel path you already find that Mattias of the unbroken is on the verge of joing the chorus! Surely he'd be willing to submit to the Fatebinder too, if favour was sufficient and the offer to end the edict of storms and reclaim sentinal stand was offered. The same arguements can be made regarding pretty much all the other factions.

We could have had quests to garner support by crushing ashes and nerats forces (we're doing that anyway) On a another note, In the rebel path, even Tunon admits that maybe a carrot approach as oppossed to the stick, might work out better in the long run for subduing the tiers.

It's strange that the only path that seems to completely drop the investigation of the disfavoured and Chorus seems to be anarchy? Even when I sided with the rebels, Tunon still gave me that mission, but with the anarchy playthrough... nadda. So many strange choices about narrative direction in this game.

Yea, he likes you a lot more on the anarchy route and decides to put his faith into you to defeat Kyros and free him. Too bad that his loyalty means nothing on other routes (can even get it up to 5), pointless.
I dunno I want to raise another question he never does tell you where he got the edict of nightfall from. Also when You use it on kyros it's REALLY softball in terms of effects compared to the others you can use. The ending slides pretty much state they got eternal night for a few days. Tunon does tell you to bring justice to the civil war on the anarchy route and you can tell him in act 3 that the path you took ensured that it would not harm your objectivity which he accepts. I had tons of evidence for Ashe I dislike him but I don't want him to die a traitor.