• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah. I was really bummed I couldn't find a way to not have to kill him :/ I dug around the dialog files and there was stuff in there that indicates you can ally with him against everyone else, so I'm hoping that's the way and that it's not cut content lol

Yup in my ending I had Tunon and Bladen submitting to me the court sticks together! He even spoke for me during my trial and the solo route it's quite easy to get approval from him since he is your main quest giver for that route.

He pretty much talks about the politics of the Archons and how they will eventually come to kill you I think he knew you are a developing Archon. Considering how he is working with you in the context of Myothis letters it makes the situation with what kyros is planning quite interesting.

Reactions:
I really did not like how the game ended so abruptly. I would have imagined I would do something with the Disfavored now that I was their master. Why couldn't I overthrow Kyros with my army? It seems like the budget for the game was really limited when even the voice actors did probably less than a thousand lines.

Reactions:
I really did not like how the game ended so abruptly. I would have imagined I would do something with the Disfavored now that I was their master. Why couldn't I overthrow Kyros with my army? It seems like the budget for the game was really limited when even the voice actors did probably less than a thousand lines.
The disfavored are not enough to take over the whole land look how small the tiers are in comparison to the whole empire the tiers are a backwater essentially. Barik makes the point that there is still a chance to get back into favor with the overlord and this whole spire thing looks planned on kyros part.

So what is kyros planning for and why? That is the question I think the DLC is going to answer plus legally making you an Archon it just seems too strange.

Maybe the "Overlord" feel a bit lonely and is raising a new overlord to rule together when he/she is ready (idea that came to my mind based in how anyone, excep maybe Sirin, know the true identity/gender of Kyros)

Or maybe you simply found a weak spot in the base of his power... maybe Kyros have an artifact that allows to write powerfull edicts, but not undo them at will, that's why the Overlord always use a clause, or a condition, to end the edicts (And maybe some of the long lasting edicts in the world have absurd conditions like "this land will froze until all the cats in Terrarus are blue").

To be honest some of my decitions in the game make me feel like Kyros could be defeated by a capable team of lawyers and sages (or anyone with more than 75 lore skill) xD

Yeah, I had similar feeling. Like the game was cut 1-2 acts short. Especially since act 3 was nothing (literally one fight - with Mark. He killed Voices of Nerat after trial, Ashe and Turon ppledged me alliegance). I sided with Disfavoured (go Prussian Spacemarines!).
I would love to see similar mechanism to "the conquest " after "act" 3, and then 1 final act ending with an epic fight against Kyros.

I have a weird idea that Sirin is actually Kyros herself. :p
What will be more fun to observe the whole incidence as a party member if Kyros is really bored?

...or maybe - just maybe! - Kyros isn't such infallible as game characters counts him.
Maybe he is stupid archmage, who really have all his power through Archons.

Personally, I've enjoyed this game even more than PoE but the abrupt ending caught me by surprise. It seems that the art book confirms that originally, there were plans for 2 extra acts. So I guess that they ran out of time/budget, decided to release them in the future as DLCs or as sequel. In any case, a shame what the game could have been at release with those 2 extra acts.

I also agree that act III feels completely rushed, In fact, I'm disappointed. Decide the fate of the 2 archons -> Decide the fate of Tunon -> Proclaim edict -> Credits. They could have fit that at the end of Act 2 for all I care, since you can't do anything else once you reach Act III. You can't travel to previous locations, finish previous quests, etc...

Pics from the art book for those who want to see what I'm talking about.
http://imgur.com/gallery/G8Yi1
Credits to PeaCross

Reactions:
Just to be honest I believe game ends nice. We have the story put here concluded.
But I'm the guy who likes ME3 endings, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)

Also I'd like to play Tyranny 2, played for Archon of Tires' Fatebinder. ;) With Conquest phase "how first game and slightly beyond happens".
Also ending builded as a Conquest mode, not just simple slide-show, would be great.

Personally, I've enjoyed this game even more than PoE but the abrupt ending caught me by surprise. It seems that the art book confirms that originally, there were plans for 2 extra acts. So I guess that they ran out of time/budget, decided to release them in the future as DLCs or as sequel. In any case, a shame what the game could have been at release with those 2 extra acts.

I also agree that act III feels completely rushed, In fact, I'm disappointed. Decide the fate of the 2 archons -> Decide the fate of Tunon -> Proclaim edict -> Credits. They could have fit that at the end of Act 2 for all I care, since you can't do anything else once you reach Act III. You can't travel to previous locations, finish previous quests, etc...

Pics from the art book for those who want to see what I'm talking about.
http://imgur.com/gallery/G8Yi1
Credits to PeaCross

It's pretty clear it's going to be DLC it's too obvious finding artifacts at the end of the game? Yeah it's bait that those two acts will be DLC plus they drop hints in the game. Plus those two pages? Yup DLC for sure.

Even the ending slides note you are waiting for what kyros will do next.

Anyway I am doing the ending again and I figured out how to talk to bladen mark on the solo run before you go see tunon in act 3

He does confirm kyros has archons they don't want killed in infancy before their powers manifest to preserve the peace of the empire and those with wild talent he is sent to recruit you can directly ask him why you have not been killed yet and he tells you that under normal circumstance you would be dead but he advised Tunon that he wanted to observe you more and then helped you develop your talents.

Sooo tunon knew that you were an infant Archon perhaps after act 1 mark and Tunon knew what you are.

If you tell him you just can understand kyros edicts after you experience them mark seems surprised and guesses maybe you talent is copying the magic of others? Maybe it's a throw away comment I dunno.

So of course if you have high favor he decides not to kill you which fits Myothis letter and he gives you edict of shadow he also tells you if you decide to kill Tunon he would be forced to kill you which he doesn't want and tells you not to mess up. He then notes of course nerat and ashe have to be dealt with.

So in other words if you want blade to submit don't mess up your trial with tunon and you know what? I think he is reporting to kyros on his observation or perhaps tunon is relaying his reports and then in act 3 you become an official Archon. It just stinks of it maybe I am wrong it's just my thoughts if he just wants to be free of kyros why would he tell you if you attack tunon he would be forced to kill you?

Just to be honest I believe game ends nice. We have the story put here concluded.
But I'm the guy who likes ME3 endings, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)

Also I'd like to play Tyranny 2, played for Archon of Tires' Fatebinder. ;) With Conquest phase "how first game and slightly beyond happens".
Also ending builded as a Conquest mode, not just simple slide-show, would be great.

Well, the game ends right at the climax and that's something that I really dislike in games (I still experience Halo 2 or ME2 flashbacks). "Show, don't tell" is the kind of ending that would have love to see in this game. But still, one can like or dislike the ending but they lost such an opportunity to expand and put more depth into the path that leads to the "overlords war" (Ending). Personally, I took the Disfavored under my command, and I was expecting a mini-war against Nerat. Maybe a rebellion of the villages against me if their wrath was high enough (To make the villages favor/wrath more relevant), supporting the Scarlet Chorus. Something to spice things up before having to corner the archon and finish him off. Not just go to the stone sea, steam roll a couple Scarlet squads and kill Nerat, and all this in 15 mins.

Also, a few skirmishes to see the forces of Kyros face to face before the real assault would have been nice, and then, proclaim the edict. Tough battles to show that the Fatebinder really needs as much power as possible for what is to come. Because from what we know about Kyros forces in the north and the ending, we could just steam roll them and take the capital of the empire in a couple days. :D

It's pretty clear it's going to be DLC it's too obvious finding artifacts at the end of the game? Yeah it's bait that those two acts will be DLC plus they drop hints in the game. Plus those two pages? Yup DLC for sure.

Even the ending slides note you are waiting for what kyros will do next.

Personally, I think we will see that in a sequel but I doubt they can fit such conflict in a DLC or two (I would love to be wrong about this, so we can experience Kyros might ASAP). Maybe we'll see a few skirmishes like I mentioned before, but I don't expect a full war against Kyros.

Last edited:
Well, the game ends right at the climax and that's something that I really dislike in games (I still experience Halo 2 or ME2 flashbacks). But still, one can like or dislike the ending but they lost such an opportunity to expand and put more depth into the path that leads to the "overlords war" (Ending). Personally, I took the Disfavored under my command, and I was expecting a mini-war against Nerat. Maybe a rebellion of the villages against me if their wrath was high enough (To make the villages favor/wrath more relevant), supporting the Scarlet Chorus. Something to spice things up before having to corner the archon and finish him off. Not just go to the stone sea, steam roll a couple Scarlet squads and kill Nerat, and all this in 15 mins.

Also, a few skirmishes to see the forces of Kyros face to face before the real assault would have been nice, and then, proclaim the edict. Tough battles to show that the Fatebinder really needs as much power as possible for what is to come.

Personally, I think we will see that in a sequel but I doubt they can fit such conflict in a DLC or two (I would love to be wrong about this, so we can experience Kyros might ASAP). Maybe we'll see a few skirmishes like I mentioned before, but I don't expect a full war against Kyros.
Perhaps maybe the DLC would be about proving our worth as an Archon then the sequel can take place in the northern empire since kyros will summon us there. After talking with mark I think having good approval with him might help us in our meeting with kyros AND THEN we can answer the most important question in the game what gender is kyros.

Barik does mention if we prove ourselves as an Archon kyros might let us back into the fold like Ashe since you can say that you joined this conquest for the glory of kyros during your trial.

I do think each act could be made into a DLC plus paradox are the publishers they do this stuff all the time. This sounds like an upper management decision.

Still I am glad I went back got all 5 edicts now and Mark's conversation made things finally click together a bit and the edict mark gives you is OP is hell.

Remember that Spire vision which tells that most of Kyros lands are under Edicts? That looks like major league screw up to me.
Perhaps Kyros hopes that control over Spires would allow to end Edicts without completing their formulae? Otherwise a few more decades and Kyros will be ruling over wasteland.

Remember that Spire vision which tells that most of Kyros lands are under Edicts? That looks like major league screw up to me.
To be honest I'm surprised not EVERY Kyros land is under edict.
What do you think for edict with such wording: "Until the land stays loyal to Kyros, it is fertile"?

What do you think for edict with such wording: "Until the land stays loyal to Kyros, it is fertile"?
I wonder why Kyros never came up with this, it's not that hard to imagine. Even if land's fertility is hard to control like that, they could auto-cast a rain every week. Or kill every single rat. Or air temperature to never go bellow zero.

Nothing in the game suggests she could do it. All her edicts have end conditions, not start. So this could possibly turn a wasteland into fertile land, but it would not make naturally fertile land useless should it rebel.

I wonder why Kyros never came up with this, it's not that hard to imagine. Even if land's fertility is hard to control like that, they could auto-cast a rain every week. Or kill every single rat. Or air temperature to never go bellow zero.
Why do you think he had never? Don't forget we're not in Kyros heartland, we are in the land that don't yet proclaimed as Kyros's. Locals are not Kyros subjects, that's why killing them don't broke Kyros Peace. We're in warzone.
Why would Kyros proclaim prosperity to his enemies?

All her edicts have end conditions, not start. So this could possibly turn a wasteland into fertile land, but it would not make naturally fertile land useless should it rebel.
Hmmm? If the land is a wasteland, and you use magic to make it fertile, then "until people who lives there" is end condition, not start one.
I don't mean Kyros using Edicts as a leverage, but using Edicts to actually improve lands he own.