• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

comagoosie

Perennial Dreamer
53 Badges
Apr 14, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Title.jpg

Ending of a Grudge Fight
(In case you can't read the title)

Yes, welcome to my third AAR, well third AAR publically released, I seem to have thousands of them roaming in my documents. The year is 1562, it is but the first week of March. Tomorrow, March 5, a Monday, chaos will be let loose from its cage, as it has many other times before. For now, enjoy your nice Sunday and prepare for the worst. (Yes, a bit weird that I post this on Sunday and in the game's term it is Sunday too, this is an omen!)

Not to ruin the prologue, here are some quick, logistical facts. I will be playing as Austria, and if you couldn’t have guessed by the picture, located above, I will be facing off against the infamous ottomans. This will be the fight of the ages you know. The version is 3.1, I am too inept to use 3.2 beta, so I might as well stick with what I know.

What style is this? Good question, I myself don’t know. Probably a mix of everything, so if you are a narrative person, don’t look at the pictures, and if you are a gameplay person, then look at the pictures. Maybe it should be called History-Book? Simple, yup. Erm, the prologue could be a little more narrative, so you picture people are going to have to infer.

Sit down and get comfortable, you are about to witness a fight, in fact the ending of a grudge fight, as we Austrians will stop at nothing for the completion of our goals. Two huge sides are going to face off against each other and both are guaranteed to leave bloody and bruised with thousands dead. And sadly, once the epic fight is over, so too is this AAR, so let’s hope it drags on forever!

[post=9119832]Prologue[/post]
[post=9125850]Chapter 1 - Assessment[/post]
[post=9137936]Chapter 2 - Declaration of War[/post]

map.jpg

The world as of Sunday 4, 1562

Last edited:
Good luck!

I'll be following, Austria is doing very well; ofcourse that is with you in control. I always love to see a large and powerful Austrian Empire in EU III.

I'll be following!

Austrians and Turks. Excellent!

This looks like it can become an interesting story. The Austrians fighting against the Ottomans are usually a very interesting story to follow, so I am looking forward to read this AAR :)

The world of 4 Sunday (the fourth Sunday? :D ) 1562 looks very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen Asia quite so unified, hopefully the Ming decide to help you out against the Ottoman blob. At least it looks like you'll have the fine military and economic resources of the Italies at your disposal.

You will win hands down from looking at the pic, unless the Turk have some friends in the east and south and you have none. None the less, good luck and you can count on me following this AAR.

Oohhh another comagoosie AAR XD Let's grab a front row seat , eh ? XD

Enewald: Shh, no one is suppose to know ;)

Throne: Yes, well thank you sir, let's hope this one leaves its mark :D

volksmarschall: Yes, I have had my up and downs while playing as Austria, though I think I finally might become a world power *fingers crossed*

Lord Durham: Austrian vs. Turks, the fight for the ages :)

Lord E: Ah yes, those two fighting have always interested me. It is finally time to put pen on paper and paper on computer. I hope you enjoy your stay.

FYROM: See my message below, I think your statement works in opposite my favor :rofl:

Qorten: So confident are you with so little information? For all you know I could be in turmoil trying to stay catholic but the darn italians refuse. Well anyways, I won't just be facing the OE, see message below.

canonized: Surprise! I have been thinking of doing this epic for quiet a while, it is only until now that I have played as Austria and the opportunity has arisen.

Sweboy: Sweboy, ole pal, don't worry I think I am a little stronger than a one province minor surrounded by mean enemies. Also I don't think I am as aggresive as you ;)

Something you might want to know:
OE is allied to Ming

Now let's see how many " :eek:" I can get

comagoosie said:
Something you might want to know:
OE is allied to Ming

Now let's see how many " :eek:" I can get

Ming? Bah! If 6,000 lost Dutchmen can defeat the entire Ming army, the Austrian Empire should be able to at least hold their own against them. Granted, your army is a bunch of lily-livered Imperials, but at least you have some Hungarians and Poles to do the fighting :rofl: I'd be more worried about France or Burgundy deciding to help themselves to Italy while you're busy.

Besides, the Ming army will only have made it halfway across Asia by the time the war is decided, and at that point they'll be tied up for a decade fighting a couple of elderly belligerent Kazakhs who keep stealing their horses.

He he he. I thought that introduction between Ming and the OE would stir things up!

What do you mean by aggressive??? Just because I attacked all that moved doesn't mean I am violent, I just like to conquer (and you saw how well that went ;) )

Alfred Packer: :rofl: yes, maybe we shall learn more in the future?

FYROM: Haha, one time when I was at war with the OE, France did declare war, since it wasn't an AAR I quickly got a white peace from OE and fought a war with france. Well ming does have the largest army, but I don't know their tech so we will have to go from there.

Enewald: Ha, I think I can conquer gaul with 14,000 men, I can certainly conquer the OE and Ming with XXX,000 men, I don't want to reveal the true number now would I, that would ruin the prologue.

rexodia48: 32 :eeks:s I think that is a record! :D

Sweboy: Yes you like to conquer. You like to be a minor and to declare war on the Mamluks and other Islams that could kick your butt blind-folded.

Prologue to come tonight or in the morning. ;)

banner.png

Prologue

In the mid-16th Century the world was, at best, a hard place to live in, especially Europe. Religious turmoil was at an all time high and no country supported any other belief than their state religion. There sometimes would be a leak of religion, where it would cross an unwelcomed border. Only more turmoil would come of this, each country wanted a pure nation and nothing else. This meant that Austria was an oasis for Catholics in an unforgiving world. Protestant France and reformed Burgundy were having a tough time keeping order within their borders and focused much less on the outside world than once before. France undoubtedly had to redouble their efforts, with reformed England still holding bits of Normandy and Aquitaine and aggressively sending out missionaries to spread their word, France would plunged into religious upheaval such as the world had never seen.

This meant that Austria had to handle the thousands of catholic immigrants who would have to get used to their protestant, reformed, orthodox, and Islamic neighbors. For the most part the Emperor, installed in the late 15th Century, kept the country untainted with the help of the one of the world’s largest armies, all 120 thousand men with a top of the line generals.

The necessary historical information for Austria is short. When it was but a sapling it spread roots of an empire to Italy, playing neighbor off of neighbor. Then eyes were cast towards the rich trade center of Venice and Ragusa, a hub of trade publicly funded by the Hungarian government. The expansion of Austria took off, grabbing land at almost an exponential rate. All of a sudden expansion stopped, and Austria realized that it had run out of room, the land that was close was held by large empires allied against the expanding country. So instead of looking east or north, Austria looked south.

The conflicts between Austria and The Ottomans were inevitable. They were both nations that were becoming ever increasingly hungry for land and they were matched tooth for tooth, nail for nail. At first they were small wars, such that one would guarantee another country and then become asked upon to defend their smaller neighbors. All of them ended shortly and returned to the status quo with a few bumps and bruises. Nevertheless, this built up hatred on both sides, both calling each other the wrongdoer.

With The Ottomans having the Middle East secured and a large number of allies, Austria was forced to resort to sending out its best diplomats to persuade other countries to join the cause. The Castilians and the Portuguese gladly accepted these offers, as they too were catholic and a bloodline leading to a royal marriage between the two countries was found. Now the only powerful catholic countries were united and had a combined total force of around 250 thousand men.

Leopold X Johann ascended the throne on Saturday 19, 1559. Being one of the diplomats that were sent to the Iberian Peninsula, Leopold had a firm sense of negotiating even out of the toughest spots. There was one problem, he didn’t inherit many of the hatreds against the Turks as his forefathers had. Most disturbing was his desire to patch things up between the two old foes and focus colonizing, something that had recently taken hold of England and France.

Leopold%20X%20Johann.jpg

The country would no allow it. They had worked themselves up into a frenzy. “The enemy is weak,” they claimed, even ignoring the fact that just around the black sea held 50 thousand highly experience soldiers from the campaigns into India. The people didn’t care, their forefathers and all their ancestors had fought magnificent battles against the infidels and they wanted stories to pass onto their children too. Leopold stood firm, telling the people that he would not be the aggressor against the people that he wanted to befriend.

This seemed to anger the people and a few pretender rebels spawned from Southern Italy. Leopold would spare no mercy for betrayers and so he swiftly and ruthlessly crushed the rebels. The young emperor distinguished himself leading the main force and proved himself a valuable asset. The people of Italy would be quiet for the foreseeable future and the skills Leopold learned would be priceless.

Instead of angering their ruler, the nobles submitted a petition containing all the Austrian autocratic signatures, stating that the Transylvania region was being unfairly persecuted for trying to become catholic, and it fell upon Austria to liberate its people. If done, the nobles pledged that wouldn’t stop saying Leopold’s name and how glorious it was.

Mission.jpg

Leopold broke.

Crusade on comagoosie! Let the Turks enjoy the bitter taste of your steel and their blood! Muhahhahaha! :wacko:

Yay Austria! :D

I have to agree with the nobles on this one, the infidel must be pushed back and the oppressed liberated!