• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Communard

Captain
96 Badges
Jan 31, 2009
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Is it possible? I know that on the other paths the way to end all edicts is to avoid the Lethian's Crossing mainquest, but you HAVE to do Lethian's Crossing first for the rebels. Last rebel play-through I recruited Forge-Bound and Earthshakers and my only option was Unbroken after that (which was a bummer because I spent the Conquest in the Vellum Citadel and would have liked to revisit my handiwork).

Is it possible? I know that on the other paths the way to end all edicts is to avoid the Lethian's Crossing mainquest, but you HAVE to do Lethian's Crossing first for the rebels. Last rebel play-through I recruited Forge-Bound and Earthshakers and my only option was Unbroken after that (which was a bummer because I spent the Conquest in the Vellum Citadel and would have liked to revisit my handiwork).
Now don't take this as cast iron, but I don't think it's possible on the rebel path. Infact it's starting to seem that it might only be possible in the anarchy path. But others might be able to confirm or deny this based on their experience.

yeah, i think lethians crossing is obligatory on the rebel route, or atleast it felt that way. Wish they hadn't made this arbitrary choice to lock out a location each playthrough. It sucks. Alot. :p

Reactions:
Now don't take this as cast iron, but I don't think it's possible on the rebel path. Infact it's starting to seem that it might only be possible in the anarchy path. But others might be able to confirm or deny this based on their experience.
It's possible on Disfavoured for sure, you just have to not choose Lethian's Crossing as mainquest at any point (As there is no Edict there, not completing it doesn't matter). I believe the Chorus doesn't WANT you to end certain edicts so you have to betray them to do it. And Anarchy you can just do all quests anyway. But with the Rebels it is less clear, is there a way to unlock all the maps as optional sidequests? I think you can always get to the spires so can you get to Cairn always, allowing you to skip Earthshakers but still break the Edict? Or similarly with the Unbroken?

It's possible on Disfavoured for sure, you just have to not choose Lethian's Crossing as mainquest at any point (As there is no Edict there, not completing it doesn't matter). I believe the Chorus doesn't WANT you to end certain edicts so you have to betray them to do it. And Anarchy you can just do all quests anyway. But with the Rebels it is less clear, is there a way to unlock all the maps as optional sidequests? I think you can always get to the spires so can you get to Cairn always, allowing you to skip Earthshakers but still break the Edict? Or similarly with the Unbroken?
I put off recruiting the earthshakers on my rebel playthrough. When I finally went to claim the spire and hopefully get rid of the edict in the stone sea, all the npcs had died in a some battle between the chorus and earthshakers. The edict couldn't be lifted, but the spires could be claimed. On that playthrough I had to go to lethians crossing as my first mission.

Reactions:
I put off recruiting the earthshakers on my rebel playthrough. When I finally went to claim the spire and hopefully get rid of the edict in the stone sea, all the npcs had died in a some battle between the chorus and earthshakers. The edict couldn't be lifted, but the spires could be claimed. On that playthrough I had to go to lethians crossing as my first mission.
Aw man, l hoped there would be a way to end the edict even if not sent there on a main quest. I am guessing it will be the same for the Blade Grave. :(

Aw man, l hoped there would be a way to end the edict even if not sent there on a main quest. I am guessing it will be the same for the Blade Grave. :(
In effect, you have to choose between two options of where to go next in the rebel playthrough. As an example. On my rebel play, I HAD to go to lethians crossing, where I had to choose between the Bronze Brotherhood and the Forge-Bound as allies. I chose the Forge-Bound (iron weapons! Deprive my enemies while strengthening myself) I then got the option to go either to the Stone sea and recruit the earthshakers or the blade grave to recruit the the unbroken (need somebody to wear and wield that iron used by the forgebound) so I went with unbroken. Then I got the choice between the burning library to recruit the sages or the stone sea again, for the earthshakers once more. Now it was implied I might be able to recruit both but it never comes about. I went to the burning library (had made conquest choices that affected it) recruited the sages. At this point, only one of the two towers in the stone sea had been unlocked and it wasn't the one with the earthshakers and Cairn at the bottom (i think) Upon returning to Vendriens well and hoping I could go get the earthshakers or atleast get rid of the edict, it was the end of act 2, the chorus was attacking the spire and when I finally got the chance to go for the last tower in the stone sea (with cairn and the earthshaker camp) all the npcs were dead in a battle I missed. No way to lift the edict that I could determine. A real shame.
EDIT: also the stonestalkers had all died too!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Just had a thought. If you give Lethian's Crossing to the Disfavoured or Chorus in conquest do the rebels still send you there first with no option? Could be a way to break all edicts on a Rebel run...anyone tried this?

Guys, quick question: if you go the anarchy route, can you go to all areas?

I'm asking because all areas have something I want/need. If I'm not mistaken, skipping the Lethian's Crossing quest locks you out of the Twin Rivers dungeon which is where you get Sunlance. Right?

Burning Library is mandatory if you're going for the Cry Havoc achievement and has the Staff of Hours and the Archive that lets you research some artifacts; Blade Grave has Dauntless, the Hawk Eye helm and the elixir that increases MIG. I reckon you can get the Blade Grave loot without having a main quest there? Though I guess you can't end the Edict unless you're on the relative quest?

Guys, quick question: if you go the anarchy route, can you go to all areas?
Yesss.

You can end all the Edicts too. As an anarchist your plot quest isn't really to fix problems in the respective areas, but you are able to if you want.

You can do/get everything you listed as an anarchist. Maybe not the potion - I don't keep track of where you get that stuff but unless an item is sold by a Disfavored/Chorus merchant it should be safe to assume an anarchist can get it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you! So it looks like Anarchist is the power gaming way :D

Just had a thought. If you give Lethian's Crossing to the Disfavoured or Chorus in conquest do the rebels still send you there first with no option? Could be a way to break all edicts on a Rebel run...anyone tried this?
I gave the Crossing to the Disfavored in conquest - still had to go there as first area as a rebel. You end up having to fight troops from whichever faction you gave it to before having access, but otherwise it's just like if you went with Apex in conquest instead.

Do anyone know how to make this hack work?
http://www.nexusmods.com/tyranny/mods/13/?

I tried to apply the hack on nexusmods in order to open up the quest line for the earthshakers before the conclusion of act II (on rebel path, after Crossing, Blade grave and sages) but I couldn't speak to the earthshaker contact in plainsgate. There is something missing or another key to activate in order to progress in the quest.

Do anyone know how to make this hack work?
http://www.nexusmods.com/tyranny/mods/13/?

I tried to apply the hack on nexusmods in order to open up the quest line for the earthshakers before the conclusion of act II (on rebel path, after Crossing, Blade grave and sages) but I couldn't speak to the earthshaker contact in plainsgate. There is something missing or another key to activate in order to progress in the quest.
The simplest way is to use unlockallmaps before finishing the 3rd part of ch.2. Then you go to the new areas unlocked and do all the quests and finally you finish your normal path. That way you can do everything, however the story won't change and the alliance will be limited to what you chose initially. I'm not sure if the ending changes and if the game takes in account the fact that you ended all the edicts. You should be careful however because it's possible to accept quests from Bleden Mark too and if you go to him your alliance is considered broken and you'll be considered automatically on the anarchist path.

There's also the possibility to stick with the rebels and pick the Forgebound, the Unbroken and the Sages. You can do all the Sages quests before taking the Silent Archive, then break the alliance and then visit the Stone Sea, become prima, etc... That way you get as many quests as possible, visit all areas, unlock all the spires, solve all the edicts, learn all the edicts, but your ancient allies will turn against you and you won't get a nice ending. ;)

The simplest way is to use unlockallmaps before finishing the 3rd part of ch.2. Then you go to the new areas unlocked and do all the quests and finally you finish your normal path. That way you can do everything, however the story won't change and the alliance will be limited to what you chose initially. I'm not sure if the ending changes and if the game takes in account the fact that you ended all the edicts. You should be careful however because it's possible to accept quests from Bleden Mark too and if you go to him your alliance is considered broken and you'll be considered automatically on the anarchist path.
Wait wait! You say that simply unlocking all maps in stonesea will allow me to get the quests?
Because right now my problem is this: I can unlock the plainsgate map and get there. I can (using cheats) get my journal to list the "unlikely allies" quest as started. However, when I get to stone sea, I'm supposed to speak to an earthshaker contact there. The character is indeed there, but I can't speak to him (or her) and progress through the quest.
I can get the minor quests, such as those that starts directly in plainsgate, but since I can't progress on the main quest it is all pointless (I can't lift the edict).

Do you think that by unlocking all the extra areas in stone sea I can get directly in the cairn map and finish the quest?
I only care for the quest itself, I do not care if I can't recruit the earthshakers. I simply think that one should have the possibility to lift all edicts in each path, especially on the rebel one (you are supposed to be freeing them).

If the woman from Half Gate won't talk to you then you're screwed I think. Personally I did it the other way - pick the Eartshakers as ally, unlock all maps and then go talk to Renata and it worked - I don't know if it has to do with the path or if the new patch did something.