Empty dialogue popups making game unplayable | Fresh install, no mods

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Orcone

Recruit
7 Badges
May 26, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
I purchased, downloaded and installed Stellaris + whatever DLC it came with on steam yesterday.

I tried to start playing the game but I'm getting an endless barrage of popup's the likes of which I havnt seen since browsing geocities with IE in the 90's.

There's one larger popup with the title "Curator Station" and the rest are completely empty.

I'm not using any mods, nor have I ever installed any. The install is fresh and passes steam file verification.

That's odd because this has only ever been caused by mods before. You couldn't have subscribed to mods in Steam or the Paradox mod site previously, maybe on another machine and/or edition of the game?

If you run stellaris.exe directly, and start a new test galaxy, does this still happen?

Definitely no mods. If i run C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\stellaris.exe directly it still happens.

It looks like the bugged event is from the utopia expansion.

Well, this is not happening to everyone, so there's something wrong or unusual in your case. Quite what I'm not sure!

Do you have access to any other machine to install the game on, as a test?