• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nosferatu

Captain
Jan 3, 2008
Hello folks!
I wonder if somebody saw an empires forged by an AI from a mediocre dynasties, like Jimenez in Aragon in scenario Battle of Hastings 1066 or Crovans from the Dutchy of Isles from the same scenario? Honestly I am playing as a Jimenez of Aragon and doing pretty well on hard difficulty with aggressive AI So I just started to wonder if the AI can be successful with a small kingdoms, duchies and etc.
Screenshots mostly appreciated
Thanks for you awesome stories of an AI successes.

While i can't help you, as i haven't played CK1 for a while, reading your recent threads
i wonder first of all if you got the expansion Deus Vult and if you got the last patch
of 15th october 2008:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...eased-on-15-october-2008.331766/#post-8983876

..especially as a revoke excommunication bug was fixed in one of those 2.1 beta patches.

PS:
This was intended to get posted in the "Papal controler..." thread of yours, but well...

Are there any other 2.1 betas
The one i linked is the last and as you can see in that thread, there were several 2.1betas.
Only the date is different.

Then how can I understand if I am having the last 2.1 beta patch?

Hmm...maybe check the date for the crusaders.exe.
At least mine has 15th oct 2008 as a date, but i have the non-Steam variant and patched manually.

Apart from that i don't know how you could differrentiate them.
Installing/running the last patch shouldn't hurt either way.

Well...I unzipped the archive which I downloaded from the hyperlink you gave me and then I overwrite the game folder with this new files which were inside of the archive. Did I installed the last 2.1beta properly? The game works fine as I see.
By the way, if I properly installed the last beta patch then will it affect properly my current save games?

Last edited:
By the way, if I properly installed the last beta patch then will it affect properly my current save games?

Should work fine without compatibility issues, as far as i know.

And I repeat. Did I installed the patch correctly by unzipping the archive with the patch and then rewriting the game folder with new extracted files?

Well it sounds familiar. ;)
Yeah, you have to overwrite existing files with the content of the rar file, correct.

Ok then :) Thanks a lot!
Do you saw some awesome AI empires made by some puny dynasties?)
As for me I saw an empire made by Arpads of Hungary which included king titles of Bohemia, Poland, Lithuania, Croatia and something else. Such a shame that Fatimids smashed it after several centuries. That was Hastings scenario. Unfortunately I don’t have a screenshots.