• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A golden Italian era, but the world looks down upon Italy... None are envious of Italian culture :(.

How can you let Marty keep up with you in land tech! His premises for economic growth is still in the middle ages!! Thats a 10 tech lead! No wars this time around?

And whats with that massive army? It seems a homogenous empire, and peaceful?

While my empire is peaceful, I keep 250,000 troops on my borders; I must remain a vigilant protector of Italian liberty. I must agree with you on economic growth - I have taken Smithian Economics and Scientific Revolution as national ideas. Italy is an Enlightened country, unlike Russia.

Edit: And yes, Italy is an entirely peaceful country; only 3 provinces have revolt risk, and those 3 have revolt risks of 3%.

Chronicles of the Saxon People
1701-1723: The United German Republic​

Although our King had been in talks with the French monarch discussing Byzantium's role in the Iberian peninsula, little could be done because of their own internal strife, with two wars to boot. However, with negotiations on both parts, we were able to come to a mutual agreement with the three nations. Prussia would control southern Iberia to Cordoba and gain the province of Salamanca, Byzantium would remain in former Portugal, and the north would belong to the French. Russian diplomats, however, have questioned our rights to Iberia at all, but our king and diplomats feel that our justification is sound.

In 1702, our King decided to continue the Caribbean wars, further uniting the islands under 1 rule. Haiti, which again formed, was quickly annexed and the island of Cuacao was taken.
Our King, further wishing to control the Caribbean, issued a warning to the overbearing King George III of Great Britain. Their control of several island nations in the Caribbean must be taken!

Shortly after King Friedrich Wilhelm IV issued the warning, illness caught up with him and his son, King Friedrich Wilhelm V took over the throne. Unfortunately, due to deteriorating relations with both Aragon and Tirol, our PU was lost and both supported their own kings for their respective thrones. Our king, rightfully agitated, declared war on the traitorous Tirol, bringing the Netherlands in against us. Tirol was quickly subdued and annexed, but the Netherlands proved a larger threat. Our king, wishing to build our army tradition and not harm relations with the Netherlands, quickly sieged over their lands, destroying their armies and taking almost all the European lands the Dutch owned. However, only a white peace was reached because, as mentioned, relations with the Netherlands are viewed as important and the war was not their doing.

EU3_137.jpg

Finally our Puerto Rican province has become a core nation! From here we can now launch an appropriate navy to help control the Caribbean sea.

EU3_139.jpg

In 1713, our King sat at his table with top advisers from the North and South. First, he ordered his generals to take up military reforms--making our troops more disciplined. "A strong army, now more than ever, is important to make our nation strong and, what's more, respected throughout Europe". While having his advisers in his court, the notion of a united people was brought up once more.

EU3_141.jpg

Friedrich Wilhelm V, not wishing to further delay what he had always viewed as a step towards total peace, untied the saxons under one flag and one name---The Republic of Germany!

EU3_142.jpg

Knowing that a new nation could not operate like the past, our King did the unthinkable and declared himself Lord Protector over the Saxons---a Republican Dictatorship was founded. His plan ultimately saw the end of his reign, however as Ludwig Karl Perlokowski, a Polish man, was elected as our new Lord and Protectorate. While he will serve until death, he too believes that the people should ultimately pick our next leader.
Our Lord Protector knew that he could no longer rule the throne of the Holy Roman Empire. Following the year of unification, our Lord Protector sent envoys to the remaining members of the Holy Roman Empire--Italy, Switzerland, Russia, and the Netherlands--to discuss the disbanding of the Empire.

The first German war was declared in the year of 1719. Our old Aragon allies have been left independent too long and need to give up their lands to a greater power. Though the war is not yet over, total victory will be achieved. First the Caribbean islands will be taken, then the Iberian peninsula! With any luck, the capturing of certain nations in Iberia can be used to bring Alsace into our realm---bringing more Rhinelanders into our glorious nation.

EU3_143.jpg

Enewald said:
All the germans must be under one flag.
And remember that angles and saxons are germans. :D

my army consists of saxon infantry :D my troops are more advanced then prussia's and soon the discipline will be the same - once i take corps d'espirit.

Darknesskilla said:
Wow, I have more income than Germany now :D

I feel so special :D :D

Now I just need more Tax Assessors and Constables

im surprised that youdont have constables everywhere, all in all, those constables would boast your yearly significantly.

Damnit I lost my Current-day Dominican Republic.
I know, the AI sucks, I'll sells the random colonies to others.

Kami said:
Did Germany get the correct cores or did non-existant Prussia get those?? At least the reforms will help a lot :=)

Small fry wars - Had hoped for something better :)

Thx for a good AAR.

I got the cores...which is nice. Also---General, your land was lost against Aragon--who then lost it to Venezuela, who then gained it from Venezuela, who will now lose it to me.

GnlKnox said:
I got the cores...which is nice. Also---General, your land was lost against Aragon--who then lost it to Venezuela, who then gained it from Venezuela, who will now lose it to me.
Gee, can't I have it back?

MonMarty said:
im surprised that youdont have constables everywhere, all in all, those constables would boast your yearly significantly.

I have Constables nearly everywhere I think. I'm planning on laying low for a while and improving my internal structure.

French history, last 300 years:
defeat brits (few years)
lay low
Receive indian colony
lay low
allow AI to smash country
Lay low
Vengeance upon Aragon
lay low
more laying low.
(etc.)
Start getting colonies when everybody else almost finished....
Lay low

Laying low would certainly suit the french history :) - Of course there barely is anything left to conquer

Kami said:
French history, last 300 years:
defeat brits (few years)
lay low
Receive indian colony
lay low
allow AI to smash country
Lay low
Vengeance upon Aragon
lay low
more laying low.
(etc.)
Start getting colonies when everybody else almost finished....
Lay low

Laying low would certainly suit the french history :) - Of course there barely is anything left to conquer

:p That's not true... I didn't allow the AI to destroy my country lol :rofl: