• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jambor said:
Why do PB and GnlKnox always update AARs, and almost no one else does. Gen made a nice update, so the rest of you should follow his lead (I'm talking to you Dark, Marty, Puppets and Marshy).

Speaking of your update Gen, when are we going to see pt. 2?
School has been taken over me lately, I started work on P.2 but i have yet to finish it.

Ahh college, how I will miss thee when it goes (only one more semester).

the AAR updates are fun, and with any luck next session will be a good update. I try to get my updates done right after so I remembe to do them at all.

PetitBourgeois said:
Perhaps he's talking about the Franco-Byzantine War that may happen. That'll certainly by interesting. :)
That's a war? Hmmm... I thought their was a difference between a war and a massacre.

Oh, and Marty, what ever happened to the satire. The last time we had some was when Portugal was still around...

Chronicles of France Chapter 11: I am the State!

imperialfrancegm1.jpg

Chronicles of France​

Chapter 11:I Am The State!

Maps.png

By 1670, while still weak when compared to the other world powers, France was no push-over, and was well on it's way to recovering from the Civil strife and destructive wars with Aragon which had plagued it's history for most of the 1400's and 1500's, dramatically retarding France's development and causing it to lose precious time in the colonial race. Yet, despite this, France's early lead in the race to India secured it's place as a colonial power. This was not enough, France was not satisfied with merely being a colonial. They wanted to be able to compete with the other major European powers. To do this, France needed to consolidate it's economy and to expand it's economy. To this effect, the Emperor started an aggressive campaign of ridding the country of it's foreign debts and centralizing the government. This greatly upset the nobles. This centralization of the state was limiting their rights and privileges, and choking their power in the state. The Emperor's policy of centralisation culminated in the Paris Address of 1671.

(Excerpt of the Paris Address of 1671, delivered in Versailles by Emperor Jean II of France)

When the Empire was instituted in 1469, Emperor Jaques I had a vision, of a unified, well structured France, a France that could stand up to it's foes without crumbling like it did in the Great Civil War of 1416 and during the two wars of Aragonese Aggression. France did become stronger, but that was not enough. The bickering of nobles and the self-centered antics of the members of the French Council* These decadent aristocrats have corrupted this ideal, and I intend to change that. The council is to dissolved and the nobles striped of their political powers.

Louis_XIV_1666_Charles_le_Brun.jpg

Jean II at the Paris Assembly

At this point, the head of the French Council stood up and challenged the Emperor: We, will not stand for this ! The State will not stand for this!

The answer that was to come changed France forever:

The State ? The State?! I am the state !

The members of the council were promptly arrested for High Treason and Corruption of the State. Many nobles were also arrested and hung from the gallows. But most of them lay silent, almost as if in hiding, and chose to support the new regime for fear for their lives. Once things had been secured on the home front. France had claims on a small province called Chandigarh under Arakanese control. France, supported by Russia, threatened war when the Arakanese defiantly captured the province while France was busy fighting off Britain. This led to war with the Arakanese in April 1692. The superior quality of French troops crushed the Arakanese army quickly and swiftly, destroying an army of more than 15 000 men with a mere 9 000 cavalrymen. The war saw many provinces gained, but this would not be the last time Arakanese and French forces were to meet on the field of battle...

Last edited:
Kami said:
How do you know ? Are you psychic? Or just planning on going WC ? :rofl: Waitiing for it :)

im not psychic but i know whats going on, dependin on who starts interfering with next sessions events, a world war might erupt.