• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this is the latest map: 1701

EU3_MAP_mp_1700429_1.jpg

France got a PU with GBR and didnt declare war because he could not pay for the upkeep of his army. when there was this inheritance war, i decalred war on aragon to safeguard the byzantynes part in iberia and i also secured 2 additional provs plus some caribbeans that were devided among prussia/byz/france.

in the end france was losing about 27 interest on a ghost loan of 1 ducat. in the end he ended up losing more monthly then russia :D. so the ghostloan was removed.

we also had a very short return of jambojones but he disappeared after 20 min or so.

Poor sweden!

Is France going to annex GB ?! :D
And his recently aquired colonial holdings. Seems some1 will be getting oil in HOI :). (And Byz, also called OPEC,gets a near monopoly :))

Somebody fighting yet or have you resolved your difference with a new summit ?

Fijj said:
Italy being a show off... :rolleyes:
What can I say? :p

I think, though, that the most interesting thing is the graph of income; if those trends continue, the gap in income between me and Russia / Great Britain will lessen further. If that happens... well, it'll be interesting to see, regardless. :D

PetitBourgeois said:
What can I say? :p

I think, though, that the most interesting thing is the graph of income; if those trends continue, the gap in income between me and Russia / Great Britain will lessen further. If that happens... well, it'll be interesting to see, regardless. :D

Oh it will, with Russia getting cores in China this early.

Chronicles of the Saxon People
1668-1701: Expansion
Our king has vowed that the Caribbean Islands should belong to the Prussian Kingdom. However, before further expansion could begin, our mainland needed to be united under one religion. With one final push by the various bishops of the Reformed church, the final few southern provinces were united under the true faith. Our nation is unified! Several nobles from the south and north met in Berlin to discuss how our new unified nation should be represented. Though no agreements were made this year, our king has promised that a new flag, a new nation will be brought about to represent the unified Germanic people.
In the year 1668, Russia gave us the island province of Madiera. It will serve as a perfect launching point for our ships to make the trek to the so called new world. An explorer, visiting the British Americas was shocked to discover a province by the name of "New Berlin". How dare the English insult our capital! We shall not stand for this!

In 1671, our conquest of the Caribbean islands began with the declaration of war upon Granada and Castille. Unfortunately, two years into the war, our king died in battle though our troops were victorious in the skermish. Friedrich Wilhelm the IV claimed the throne and vowed that the military will be respected. During his first year, our king enacted battle field commissions, hoping that the tradition of our army would be outmatched and our nation would have the greatest generals.

EU3_130.jpg

In the same year (1674) peace was achieved seeing the provinces of Gibraltar, Granada, Almeria, Murcia, Trinidad, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Antigua, and Badajoz gained.

In 1676, our nation, who still ruled over Aragon, was brought into two wars--one against Russia, the other against Sweden. Wishing to save our troops and realizing that a land war against Russia would be futile, peace was achieved, forcing us to cede four provinces from our Aragon allies. This prompted our king to declare that no other nation will declare war on our ally as we will fight for their independence.

The following year, perhaps to make up for our losses, Russia gave us the island nation of St. Thomas.

By 1681, all of the Iberian provinces under our control had missionaries sent to convert them to the true religion further eliminating the Catholics from Europe. Only in Switzerland to they find solice, though it is of our opinion that the Rhinelanders of Switzerland belong within the Prussian Kingdom.

In 1686, envoys from the north alerted us that King Karl XII Gustav of Sweden changed their nation to Scandinavia to signify the unification of the Norwegians, Swedes, and Danes. We should learn from their example and do the same for our country!

Before our king had a chance to return from Stockholm, war was declared against Castille. Quickly our troops fought and claimed the lands of La Mancha and Badajoz, which had ceded from our nation.

Yet another war took place in the year of 1694, earning our king the name of King Friedrich Wilhelm the War-axe. The nations of Venezuela and Castille (once again) fought against us, but in a futile effort. St. Martin was annexed and the provinces of Caceres and Castilla La Vieja were taken from Castille. Only Toledo remains under Castillian control.

EU3_135.jpg

In 1697, our Italian allies declared war on the Knights, dragging us into a war against the Knights and Castille. Both of the one province nations were annexed by Italy, but, in thanks for our effort, Toledo was gifted to our nation. Although our king claims that all of the desired lands in Iberia are ours, several of the men in the Kings court know that his original goal was to take Southern Iberia--which includes lands that the Byzantine Empire holds.

At the turn of the century, our king announced that a new nation will be formed, but I fear that for another 10 years, nobles will fight over the name and symbol that our people will rally behind.

then, as GM, you must manipulate the other players and take back what is rightfully French ;) vive la France!

try to play the waiting game, and get the good provinces for Ricky :D

edit: and nice update glnox! I think the Reich shall be prosperous for many centuries! :D

Last edited:
Coinneach said:
then, as GM, you must manipulate the other players and take back what is rightfully French ;) vive la France!

try to play the waiting game, and get the good provinces for Ricky :D

That's why I captured Arabia. I want me some oil come HoI time :D :D