• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Griffin.Gen said:
Only France has a grudge against them. France would be the likely aggressor.
And apparantly, I'm part of that alliance since I'm allied with them and part of the HRE.
Perhaps it's time to look for new friends? :p

EUROO7 said:
Perhaps it's time to look for new friends? :p
I've been allied with France since the beginning, in other words my first ally.
It's been deteriorating for a while now, its a rapprochement with Prussia mainly.

Griffin.Gen said:
Loss of motivation and I just don't have alot of time. When I do have time I just forgot and do something else. I loved doing it but it seems that my updates were mostly ignored.

NO I want an update!! your updates are the best of all!!!

Chronicles of the Saxon People​

1649-1671: War and Peace​

New Chronicler: Maxwell Gunter

In the glorious year of 1649, our King, determined to secure his claims to the Holy Roman Empire's throne, sent diplomats to the Netherlands, one of the 6 remaining electors. A royal marriage was arranged between the two nations in a ceremony that would mark the re-hashing of old Brabantian-Brandenburgian relations. An alliance was signed as part of the ceremony. Long live the Dutch-Prussian alliance!

The honorable king of Aragon passed in the year of 1652, leaving no heir. It was his will to give the nation to our King Ferdinand I, but Maurits II of Netherlands thought otherwise. Although no blood was shed, the Netherlands, not wishing war, acknowledged our right to the throne and allowed our king to rule the Aragon people. Our right to Iberia should be clear!

EU3_126.jpg

The Catholics of Iberia have despised us for a long time. Our King's goal to unify the religion of Prussia has hurt our relations with the religions of the world. Although our King still accepts the Protestant religion, mainly because of allies with Italy and the Netherlands, he still views Catholics as outcasts. However, in attempts to improve relations with the Aragon government, constant gifts are sent. With any luck, our relations will amount to the total inheritance of their throne.

In the year of 1660, two wars brought us to arms against our Aragon subordinate. The Netherlands declared war on Portugal, which brought Aragon, Castille, Granada, and the Papal States to war. Although we gained nothing from this war (a foolish mistake by our king), the Netherlands continued effort incited many rebels throughout those nations mentioned.
Between the two wars, Ferdinand I died. His son, Friedrich Albrecht I, rose to the throne of Prussia and the Holy Roman Empire. With these two titles, Albrecht has vowed to increase our military tradition and has also vowed to complete the unification of all Germanic peoples by putting them under one flag. However, King Friedrich Albrecht I knows that both will have to wait.

EU3_129.jpg

The second, lesser war of 1660 involved only Sweden, a nation whom we have a non-aggression pact with (as part of the terms with Russia). The war culminated in 1661 with the cession of the Aragon province of Vestbygden in Greenland. I know more wars will come because of this alliance, but we must do our best to hold strong.

In the year of 1661, a group of Reformed rebels announced their allegiance to us, offering us our first colony--Puerto Rico. Our King, Friedrich Albrecht I, is pleased with our first taste of this so called "New World". The islands around our new colony appear to be held by Granada, one of the Iberian nations that has insulted us and hated us for a long time. Tensions are rising in this so called 'Caribbean'.

In order to protect our newest addition, our king sent the Ost See Squadron, a navy of 12 ships, to the new world to patrol for pirates and insure that tariffs are collected. Unfortunately, in the weeding out of pirates around our territory, three of the ships were lost. A local Puerto Rican admiral agreed to command our navy, as he knows the waters well.
In order to further their devotion to us, the province of Puerto Rico adopted the Saxon culture. We are pleased with their devotion to our cause!

Although internally our kingdom has had no major revelations, new nations in the Caribbean Sea continue to rise. The nations of Venezuela, who are being nominated to the Holy Roman Empire by the Papal States and Switzerland, have appeared in St. Kitts and the Kingdom of Haiti, who achieved their independence in 1665, has rose on the island of St. Thomas. Granada must be very weak indeed if they allowed two new nations to occur!
-----
Reward: TBD (asking the GM a question)

Griffin.Gen said:
I've been allied with France since the beginning, in other words my first ally.
It's been deteriorating for a while now, its a rapprochement with Prussia mainly.
Sometimes you must think of the state first, allies second.

I would hate to see the Glorious Duchy ruined due to a diplomatic blunder of the "Emperor" of France.

EDIT: Just read Prussian update.

:rofl: Prussian Iberia?! :p

What will France do now!

I would like to note that I am not allied with GB nor would I assist GB in any war. As for my troop position on the Franco-Prussian border...that's where the training facility for my troops are (plus, there is something I am going to be doing once I get my land tech to 30...France I don't think you should worry)

By the way...what do you think of the new format for my AARs? there is simply not enough happening every year to make a year by year list.

Nice update Knox. Long live the Dutch-Prussian Alliance!
I'm uploading the pics for my AAR, I'm gonna start writing soon.
EUR007: You'll see how I'm gonna tell my side of the story :)

EUROO7 said:
Sometimes you must think of the state first, allies second.

I would hate to see the Glorious Duchy ruined due to a diplomatic blunder of the "Emperor" of France.

EDIT: Just read Prussian update.

:rofl: Prussian Iberia?! :p

What will France do now!

I don't have it yet, still the leader in a PU...but it could happen...then France has a couple of options..

Griffin.Gen said:
EUR007: You'll see how I'm gonna tell my side of the story :)
I'll certainly be looking for that. :D

You should have fought for the throne! :p

GnlKnox said:
I don't have it yet, still the leader in a PU...but it could happen...then France has a couple of options..

Then we'd have a problem... cuz, at the very least, I want Aragon... oh and did I mention Aragon has 25 land tech :wacko:

Darknesskilla said:
Then we'd have a problem... cuz, at the very least, I want Aragon... oh and did I mention Aragon has 25 land tech :wacko:

yes and i have 29 at the end of next year, does that frighten anyone? at this point the italian 0-4-4 still outmatch the russian 0-3-3 but on next tech i will achieve 3-3-4 which should be sufficient, next to the fact that 50% tradition gave me a nice group of generals :D.

i learned from my blitzkrieg test on iberia that my armies lacked enough infantry, thus my armies will be reconstructed next session according to new standards :D

the problem with aragon is the massive 16K inf 4K cav 2K art stack they had running about.

in theory my tactics were very succesfull, the problem was that the Aragonese stack killed off several sieges by wiping them. At the beginning i stationed about 100,000-120,000 troops on the french lands filling every prov from armagnac to provence to dauphine to auverne and gascogne( half of france was occupied by russians :p) following the declaration against portugal i invaded aragon with slight early succes hunting its smaller armies into castille. sadly the main aragonese army was very succesfull in killing off several sieges and i had to peace aragon for Roussilion and Bèarn. Hence the Russian Pyreneè wall :D. after that i had little effort in clearing out Castille, it surprised me however that Serbia, owned by castille was worth 40% in the peacedeal. i could not achive all protuguese provs castille owned. i continued the war on portugal capturing beira and peacing them for that prov. the historical moment was that for the first time the russian navy left the baltic since its creation. sadly the granadan fleet made short work of the russian in open waters sinking half the ships. luckily a small group of transports was still alive, i transported a small army dispatched to madeira the seat of that heathen pope of the christian sect called catholic. Madeira was thus established as a small overseas Russian enclave. granada was then peaced for 450 ducats and peace was again a fact in iberia (except for the fact that GB and Sweden and Netherlands were still warring it overseas. the pyrenee wall was gifted to france to compensate the loss of roussilion and navarra in their last war. beira and serbia were gifted to the byzantines and salamanca and algarve are still to be gifted to the byzants. At the end the entire invasion force was disbanded because they were too lazy to get back into russia.

I also waged a war on serbia and Bulgaria backed by Qara Kunluyu. i was surprised that the serbianswere able to pack such a punch against my troops. the serious lack of discipline will have to be compensated otherwise. bosnia silistria and Qara kunluyu were gifted to the Byzants upon peace.

Ming also suffered quite alot under the russian invasion. Ming itself, manchu Wu and Qin proved no problem, the problems that i received were those of rebels. the rebels wiped several of my early cav stacks which left me fighting a very slow war wit infantry. eventually the war was won and severalterrain was gained halfway ming and in teh north. The south proved too much for the russian army to hold. there was 16K infnatry protecting the southern provs they were wiped within 2 years thus i released Wan to lever the pressure. the isolation of these provs was the primary reason for this. i also figured that i could always eat them later once i linked it all up. I was also very pleased that i was ableto link up the manchurian/korean with the siberian sphere. several years of rebel control and russia is read to wage a second invasion of Ming. this will be executed in next session as well as a invasion of Chagatai, Timurid Empire and Oirat Horde/Kazahk.

this is not an AAr thus i do not require a reward.

Last edited:
Yep the Ming took quiet a beating there. Brave Arakans fought against them too, well at least we supported russian war effort by dowing Ming =) Also Arakans were in a war against Ming and at the same time they were in a war on the defense of Ming against Wu.

This means that my alliance didn't broke with Ming when i joined Russia in the war. Also Delhians were finaly defeated by Arakan armies and a new vassal was gained, Jammu the long lost hindu brothers of the north are once again part of the Holy Land.

cuse they have like 200k manpower they can just buld up a huge army in like 2 months or about the time it takes to march from one russian prov to anothere