• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
PetitBourgeois said:
Russo-Italian relations are perfectly fine. :p
Ahh... :(

:p

....Can anyone tell me what the hell happened?
I got stolen a colony in the New-Netherlands by Britain, Someone Took the Aceh province and apparently I'm leading a PU with Byzantinium....

PetitBourgeois said:
The AI happened. Don't worry, he'll be compensated.

Edit: And West Africa isn't really poor. I have 9 ivory provinces, 12 slave provinces, 3 gold provinces, 4 salt provinces, and 19 grain provinces in West Africa. Yeah, the grain ones are poor, but the others aren't.

Still, tax for each of them is 3 max.

And in 3.1 it'll be even more poorer since there will be no tariffs in East Africa.

Unfortunatly for you Griffin you were guaranteeing Elsass. I DoWed them, the AI backstabbed me, and so Britain took that from you. And I didn't even invade you or even fight you really: when I annexed Elsass you offered peace and allied me.

As for me in India... I seemed to have a bigger empire there than the map shows... :wacko: But whatever. Kandesh is vassalised by a ghost Vijayanagar, that needs to be edited. Also, heed of warning to everyone desiring to mess with India and Asia: it's mine !!

Was Jambo there or it was the AI?
I want that colony back. Stupid AI.
So is it true that I'm leading a PU with Byzant?

PetitBourgeois said:
I'm going for really high production efficiency, because so many of my provinces produce valuable goods. Lucky for me that we're not switching to 3.1. :p

More production means more expensive valuable goods. ;)

Edit: I would have played today with you guys if you played 3.1.

PetitBourgeois said:
Damn, I'm contradicting myself in my signature. :p

Your sort of right, but it only rises grain if production is low. When people have to pay more money for food, they'll cut down on luxuary items or exotic items, hence the reason why there was a increase in wealth around the world when the industrial revolution came in.

Thats also why people may wait to take out the east till 1600s. I personally think thats a dumb idea.

Darknesskilla said:
I'm blitzing in Asia and will crush anyone who encroaches on my territory
I dont mind if you dont touch anything bellow the Phillipines and Indochina (without counting them).

Chronicles of the Saxon People​

1609-1649: A United Nation

1610:
The Great King August Wilhelm I was willed the throne of Tirol. However, the foolish Bohemians claimed it for themselves and war broke out. With only 8000 troops, it is a wonder how the Bohemians thought they could with stand the force of our troops. However, in the early going, the Bohemians had the upper hand with most of our troops being on our Western border, fearing war with France since the Berlin Conference ended with Italy and France at each others throats.

EU3_114.jpg

1611:
With our troops fully mobilized and engaging the Bohemian troops, reclaiming the land that they took from us, victory was inevitable. Though they denied annexation, our King was able to rule over Tirol, get Bohemia to cede Erz, and force them to give up cores on several of our provinces. In addition to this, 75 ducats were demanded to pay for the few troops of ours lost in the conflict.

1613:
Our King continues his oath to unite the Southern Saxons. However, after hearing that a Byzantine Emperor would be elected to the Holy Roman Empire in the event of an election, our King expedited his efforts. War was declared on Wurzburg, which brought Aragon, the Papal States, Mainz, and Trier into the battle as well. Our troops worked quickly and we were able to annex Wurzburg, Mainz, and Trier within months. However, not wishing to continue the war, a peace was struck with the Pope, who has been confined to the Island of Madeira.

EU3_116.jpg

1614:
Catholics still live in our borders. King August Wilhelm I met with our religious advisers and helped enact the Poper Act which will help our missionaries to convert the remaining Catholics. The Pope, who heard word of this, sent several insults to our king, but what can such a weak nation do? Catholicism has been all but wiped out in our kingdom--even with revolts we would be able to crush a Papal threat.

1615:
Our king is dead. Long live Albrecht V! In attempts to show his support for the recently released Sweden (a Russian ally), the provinces of Fyn and Jylland were gifted to them in exchange for the recently acquired Russian provinces of Munchen and Sudety. Though we will miss our northern ports, in the long run, it should prove to be beneficial to be on good terms with both Russia and Sweden.

EU3_118.jpg

1618:
Although King Albrecht V said he strongly opposed war, he relaised that uniting the Southern Germans with diplomacy would be an impossible task. Thus, War was declared against the Bohemians, with Aragon and Hungary joining in on the fight against us. Our troops again worked quickly, forcing the annexation of Bohemia and the acquring of Pecs from the Hungarians. Because our King did not want a province cut off from our nation, he negotiated the sale of it to the Russians for 300 ducats. Although many advisers claimed this to be far less than what it was worth, our king understands that our relations with Russia must remain good.

EU3_119.jpg

1620:
Russia, who has been warring with several independent nations to the East, conquered Saxony and the province of Meissen. Although our king thought that we would need to pay for such a province to fall into our hands, the Russians, perhaps as a sign of good faith, gifted us this province.

1622:
Russia again helps our nation by gifting us the recently acquired Ostmarch. Our king, wishing for more Austrian provinces, declared war on them later this year. Aragon, our former ally of Denmark, Oldenburg, and the Palatinate joined in the war, not realizing that they, like those before them, would be crushed by the disciplined Prussian army.

EU3_121.jpg

1623:
The year saw the annexation of the Platinate, Oldenburg and Austria. However, our war continued. Although we were currently at war with them, Aragon gave us a position as elector in the Holy Roman Empire. This lead our King to sue for a white peace with them.

1624:
We are a united Central Europe! Only Tirol, which our king rules under a personal union, remains. Several southern diplomats which arrived in Berlin have suggested that, as when the northern Germans were united, a new flag should be designed to show our unification as complete. However, our King feels that at this time, with Catholics still running in the West and South, we are not truly united and says that "Our nation is unified but is not yet stable. Our flag must remain to show strength in attempts to gain stability throughout our glorious kingdom".

1625:
To further protect our nation from internal strife (as we fear no one on our borders at this time) our king adopted a military drill policy which should improve our battle formations and increase our morale. Our troops are disciplined, and now they have a stronger morale than ever before. Though not shown in size, we have a truly great army.

1630:
Envoys from the province of Elsass have reached Berlin. Though we knew of the take over by France, we did nothing. These Elsass diplomats have come to say that they are Rhinelanders and do not want to be under the French flag. Our king wonders if the province is worth diving into war for after we have had peace for so many years.

1634:
Our King, while visiting the Shipyards in Italy, has realized that our own navy has been neglected for too long. We do not even have enough transport ships to carry our troops overseas if needed! Our King ordered our Naval commanders to oversee the building of new ships--enough to carry 22,000 troops overseas if the event ever arose.

1637:
Russia has become a Holy Roman Empire elector. What is more, they now support us for the throne. It is time that the title came back to a Germanic King, not to someone like Aragon!

1641:
Our architects once again ask for the kings support for development. Not wishing to be left in the past, our King supports their wish for development and pushes for innovation. We must be on the forefront of new technologies that will be revered by the rest of Europe.
Sadness also echoed throughout Prussia as one of our oldest advisers, Rudolf von Dossow, passed on. His military reforms gave our troops discipline that we never thought possible. His 78 years in the court will be remembered throughout history.
However, the sadness would only last a short time as our king was elected emperor of the Holy Roman Empire! Long live Emperor Albrecht V!

EU3_124.jpg

1642:
Perhaps my words are cursed. King Albrecht V died in his sleep. His nephew, Ferdinand I, rose to the throne of our Kingdom and the Holy Roman Empire. Although young, his administrative ability is strong. "Though I am not the military leader my Uncle was, I will usher in a new era of stability throughout our lands!"
One of his first actions was to demilitarize the Eastern border with Russia. Russia has been too kind and has acknowledged our non-aggression pact for too long and there is no longer a need to keep troops in the East.

EU3_125.jpg

1645:
Ferdinand I, though supporting Protestant nations, begins to support the conversion of Protestants within our borders. "I do not believe that Protestantism is bad. It has done well for our Italian allies as well as the French, Dutch, Swedes, and British, but I feel that in order to finalize the unification that my Uncle and his father wished for, we must fall under one religion."

1648:
Over the past decade, our kings have strengthened and secured our borders with the construction of bigger and better forts. Now our securing is complete. With strong borders, our nation can rest easy turn to making ourselves known throughout Europe as a powerful, yet mainly peaceful, nation. Perhaps one day we will be known throughout the world!

reward
1300 words = 1000 ducats

Knox, I think we should try to help the Dutch-German relations. I think they are at -150, probably worse now! D:

Darknesskilla said:
It's borders are kind of ugly
Would have looked better with Elsace don't you think? :p
I like them, but I like the 1871-1918 borders of Germany betterm but thats my opinion.