• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow I stop watching for a few days, and suddenly Italy and France were on the brink of war. Personaly I believe that France should have a quick route to India, but however Dark, you are still in the begging position. Unless the rest of the world supports your decision you are in for trouble. Also I think if you give it a little bit, Italy will have a larger army than you in a war.

Griffin.Gen said:
With how France is doing now, its gonna be hell of a trip since he probably wont get any help for such an aggression.

That's not what's holding me back, what is holding me back is Italy hides like a coward behind Prussia. He's like one of those sassy little twerps that incessantly taunt you then go hide behind their Brother/Parent/etc.

Jambor said:
Wow I stop watching for a few days, and suddenly Italy and France were on the brink of war. Personaly I believe that France should have a quick route to India, but however Dark, you are still in the begging position. Unless the rest of the world supports your decision you are in for trouble. Also I think if you give it a little bit, Italy will have a larger army than you in a war.

Yeah, right, with 5x less manpower than me, he would have more troops... sure... his only saving grace would be his navy. But the Italians are cowards. If they had any honor, they would settle our differences 1 on 1

Last edited:
That's not what's holding me back, what is holding me back is France hides like a coward behind Russia. He's like one of those sassy little twerps that incessantly taunt you then go hide behind their Brother/Parent/etc.

By the way, 96,000 manpower with National Conscripts is not 5 times as much as 52,000 without.

Well if that's what stopping you, Russia has already stated they would stay neutral in the event of a Franco-Italian war.

I still hope we can settle this peacefully. I am sure I am not the only one who would rather fight Heathens than our own religious brethren.

And why do you refuse to respond to my reasonable offer for Africa ?

Last edited:
Chapter XI: To the New World
1592-1609
Flagcopy.gif

The expulsion of Portugal from Europe brought Italian colonial interests to the New World; Portuguese Brazil had weakened substantially, and was susceptible to Italian colonization. The colonization of Brazil began in earnest; the settlers found it much more hospitable than the jungles of West Africa:

01_Other_Brazil_Colony.gif

Brazilian colonies after 1 year.

However, Brazil remained a minor colony. The greatest source of wealth for Italy is still Africa and we wished to expand our territory on the eastern coast. When the war with Swahili began, it involved Songhai and the last African states in the West: Kanem Bornu and Kongo. The Italian garrison in Mutapa quickly swept through the Eastern coast, and the last of the Western kingdoms fell.

02_Peace_Africans.gif

The wars ended in 1596.

For nine years Italian Brazil continued to grow along the coast. A minor conflict arose when Italian colonists in Southern Brazil discovered Britain's Jamestown colony - fortunately, quick negotiation resulted in the transfer of the Italian settlement in the Falklands in return for Jamestown. This negotiation also led to a plan for the partition of Portugal. Great Britain wished to connect their Incan territories with North America, and the colonies of Portugal and Aragon in Mesoamerica prevented that, while we wanted Northern Brazil. After preparing a total blockade, in November, 1606 we declared war on Portugal, which brought in Aragon and Granada.

The Italian army easily swept through Brazil, and a small force was sent to occupy Sardinia. Portugal's armies as well as their capital were in Mesoamerica, and Great Britain had trouble defeating them. Rather than continue a costly war, Britain asked only for Cuba - peace came days later. Portugal, Aragon and Granada were forced to cede Cuba, Brazil and Sardinia.

The last war of the decade was also the Final War of Italian Unification. Corsica was the only Italian state not incorporated into Italy, and their only protector was Hesse, the weak Holy Roman Emperor. The Final War of Italian Unification ended a month after it began, on July 14, 1608. With the annexation of Corsica, Italy has finally become a unified state; all the Italians are under our wing, and we can truly call ourselves Italy.

----------
Reward: -1 Inflation

So, someone asked about Christianizing Africa. The top map is religion, the bottom is culture. The green is Lombard culture and the Gray is African culture. As you can see, West Africa is becoming Italian (and almost all of it will, since when pagan provinces (red) are converted, they become your culture).

CultureReligionWestAfrica.gif

Charts:

PieChart.gif

Maps:

Religion1609AAR.gif

Europe1609AAR.png

World1609AAR2.png

Holy British Empire Batman! :eek:

I had no idea GB was so big in the Americas!

Nice monopolisation of Africa you've got going there. :D

And wasn't Portugal player controlled?

Fijj said:
Why'd you take Africa? :rofl:

Bahh, at least your taking Brazil.
Everyone likes a bit of manpower boost, no?
Not shown on this map but I'm occupying Java, couldnt peace before the end of session.
Hopefully Panther will be able to make the Netherlands monopolize and dominate Oceania :D
I should really write my AAR, but I've lost motivation since nobody seems to read it anyway :/

Edit: Are there still some free islands in the West Indies? I think the Dutch people could use some Sugar :D