• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald said:
I wonder whz byzant has so many neighbours? :confused:

And why did you not make Hungary played by someone? :p

They wanted easy lands - But i don't understand the european balance of power politics... Even tough Russia was already a mastodont, you guys not just allowed it, but helped it feed on Hungary.

Mother Russia will kill you all (Just like in real life)

EDIT: I wonder why we haven't heard anything from Byzans?

On the balance of power, I assure you, everything is fine; Russia has not upset anything. Here is the balance of power at 1609:
NationStatistics.gif

Income.gif

Armies.gif

Navies.gif

Provinces.gif

oh - I see the balance of power has shifted. How wrong i was (even tough as Germany i would still rather have the Russians stay in Rusia :) )

Italy is competing with britain to be on the top of the world. Both in income, provinces and navies... I see a showdown there... When italy gets the lead in navies and an alliance with france/Glorious Kingdom of Netherlands .....

What about techs for human players? And Ming is completely lost? And why does France/Russia have so large standing armies ? GB has almost no army at all.

Very weird... indeed.

BTW - From the world map it looks like you guys have started sharing the Indian and indochinese possesions among you ? It is hard to tell if it is a different color or not.

Perhaps names over them (Like Glorious suburb of New Netherlands, Italian Indochina etc.)

I need a huge standing army to enforce my will ! :mad: :D :p

Thing is, France is a superpower who missed it's chance because it got gang-banged by Aragon and Burgundy when it was still weak. :p The French resurgence is nigh !

Oh and an alliance with Italy isn't happening anytime soon, we have too many differences to get along.

Btw, anyone want to sub for me next Sunday ?

Contact me via PM or here. :D

Griffin.Gen said:
Hey everyone,
I need a sub for next Sunday since i wont be able to show up.
If anyone is willing to play with the Netherlands Sunday, I'd be glad.
You guys can respond via-PM. I'll reply with a list of things I wanted to do next week.

<_< If my pc is in working order, you can count on me. But, that is a most likely. I'm just waiting to go pick it up from Fry's they repaired it suppousedly, but they forgot to turn on my cooling system *WRY!!* So I brought it back, and it's taken them like 4 months to fix it *SLOW EVIL BASTARDS!* I pick it up this thursday. <.< Nice AAR btw, Griffin, what about da goimons? They be plotting on your front lawn! :p Show them the power of Dutch ... Hospitality? Drugs? Some dutch culinary treat?

Kami said:
Perhaps names over them (Like Glorious suburb of New Netherlands, Italian Indochina etc.)

It will be glorious Arakan Indochina.

panther-anthro said:
<_< If my pc is in working order, you can count on me. But, that is a most likely. I'm just waiting to go pick it up from Fry's they repaired it suppousedly, but they forgot to turn on my cooling system *WRY!!* So I brought it back, and it's taken them like 4 months to fix it *SLOW EVIL BASTARDS!* I pick it up this thursday. <.< Nice AAR btw, Griffin, what about da goimons? They be plotting on your front lawn! :p Show them the power of Dutch ... Hospitality? Drugs? Some dutch culinary treat?
Goimons? You gotta explain that one to me.
Got your PM and thanks much for your help :D

Chronicles of the Saxon People​

1592-1609: Uniting the Southern Saxons

Michaela Grobbel chronicler (first Female chronicler)

1592:
The Purssian Kingdom has been attempting to redefine itself since the Union with Hungary. Our King, August Wilhelm I, believes that in order for this never to occur again, we must swiftly unite the Southern Saxons, something that many Prussian leaders have attempted in the past with little success. However, due to Hungarian rule over several states, including Hesse, Thurungia, and Bohemia, war would have to be fought for their release before we could incorporate them.
With War declared in the spring, our troops begin their march into these vassals in attempts to cut off any support that the Hungarians may be able to muster.

EU3_106.jpg

1593:
Brunswick, one of the many allies with Hungary, falls to our forces. Full annexation was demanded. Our border closes in on The Netherlands, though our policy has always been neutral towards them. Our King has declared that we will never engage a war on Dutch Soil.
In addition to Brunswick failing, Kurland fell to our troops. Because of our pact with Russia to not increase our Eastern Border, only a sum of 275 ducats were asked for. Our troops could now commit to the south fully.

1594:
Styria, on the border of Italy and ourselves, fell to our troops, ceding the province of Lienz and paying 125 ducats.

1595:
Finally peace is in our nation. Hungary, having suffered utter defeat, was forced to release all of their vassals except for the nation of Sind. Additionally, they were forced to cede the province of Schwaben, an old Bavarian province.
Our king, however, views that what we gained from the war is not enough--Hesse, who has refused our rights to one of their provinces, shall be next.

1598:
Though we would never accept an alliance with them, our King sees the potential of having good relations with King Carles II of Aragon and arranges a royal marriage between our two nations. In addition to this, our King also arranges a royal marriage with Prince Peter Juel of Denmark--a closer nation. With Danes in our country already, Prince Peter was more than willing to accept this marriage.

1599:
The Reformed and Protestant religions have both spread wildly in Europe. Only a few of our provinces remain Catholic. Though our kings have always supported religious freedom, several advisers have suggested that in order to stabilize the southern part of our Kingdom, bishops should be sent to attempt to spread the Reformed religion. Our King, although reluctantly, began the conversion of the southern Catholics.
Perhaps because of this decision or perhaps due to the economic stability in our realm, the nobles have given the state a gift of 300 ducats.

1600:
The Pope and our King have been at odds for the past few months, what with our stance on Catholics and the recent conversions of Karnten and Wurttemberg. Our King, hearing quite enough from the Pope, declared war, which also brought us to war against Hesse, Austria, Hungary, and Thurungia.

EU3_108.jpg

1601:
Although our troops were successfully able to deal with Thuringia, with full annexation demanded, the Austrian troops have been quite difficult to deal with. Although confident our troops would eventually be able to wear down the Austrian forces, our King sued for Peace with the Papal Sates, forcing them to cede the province of Munster and pay 150 ducats.

1604:
Over the past 3 years our nation has focused on rebuilding our army in hopes that the next time war is declared, we will not be forced to peace so quickly. However, perhaps the peace has done us good. Helmut von Derffligner, a high judge, has agreed to join our court and help lower the risk of revolts mainly in our southern provinces.

1606:
Our king, acting on the will of his advisers, sought for an alliance with King Ferdinand II of Tirol. Although our king has shown interest in incorporating them into our kingdom, he feels that perhaps this shall be done peacefully---war has hit our kingdom for too long.

1607:
We have been an elector for the Holy Roman Empire for as long as our chronicles have existed. However, our constant wars with nations inside the Holy Roman Empire has left us in poor standing with the current Emperor from Hesse. He, along with the other electors, have removed us from being an elector. Although our king has recently sought for peace in our time, he cannot let this stand! What an insult to our kingdom!

1608:
Envoys were sent to Italy to let them know of the acts against our Kingdom by the Holy Roman Emperor. Although we wanted to declare war on Hesse, Italy asked us to hold while they declared war on the nation of Corsica in the Mediterranean Sea, knowing that the Emperor would have to defend someone in the empire. Our troops were quick to march into Hesse and were able to demand two of their three provinces, Nassau and Kassel.
During this quick war, France negotiated for the release of Metz, a province that we had taken from the Burgundian Kingdom. In order to keep France from engaging us later, we sold them the province for 500 ducats.

EU3_112.jpg

1609:
The conquest of Hesse was completed, but not by us. Armies from Switzerland, a vassal of the Italian Republic, were able to allow the Italians to annex Hesse. Because Italy did not want a province so far from their great Republic, they gifted the province to us for no charge.

Reward: 700 Ducats

oi, i also gave Kärnten free to prussia after the war with Hungary :p. and yes complainants about russia's bad position, his is caused by many years of mismanagementby AI. i just need one more slider and then i can westernize. at that point once my stab has been recovered i should start some rapid expansion. also the swedish king has been allowed to return to his court and will now operate as an independant nation.

MonMarty said:
oi, i also gave Kärnten free to prussia after the war with Hungary :p. and yes complainants about russia's bad position, his is caused by many years of mismanagementby AI. i just need one more slider and then i can westernize. at that point once my stab has been recovered i should start some rapid expansion. also the swedish king has been allowed to return to his court and will now operate as an independant nation.

my apologies...I forgot to mention that. I thank you for your gift, of course.

Berlin Assembly (1609)

The Berlin Assembly of 1609

Official Archived Transcript

Countries Invited (Countries in bold were present): France, Italy, Russia, Prussia, Byzantium

Proposals brought to the assembly:

The Greek Question: Transcript
Franco- Prussian Non-Aggression: Transcript

Last edited: