• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Darknesskilla said:
Russia and Prussia are plotting something big... :mad: :p

what's that on your coat, a hit list :confused: :confused:

Coalition agaisnt the -Ussia Alliance !

As always the Portuguese will stay neutral.

people are misinterpreting that again ^^ it means russia has all the other nations "in its pocket" they are all tied with deals :D. byzant doesnt actually belong with the others but since i cut him out of the picture replaced him there.

why must you assume that we are plotting something? The only thing that I know of is the plot to take apart Hungary.

QCAAYUTI2CA1FN2CJCAXPVANQCADGONJMCA.jpg

The Russian Bear is hungry for frog meat! :D

ICA5DNIJ7CAFWARKECA1I08ISCAJSLLXACA.jpg

Chronicles of the Saxon People​

1565-1592: An Interesting Time

[ooc] for the first 7 years I was played by a sub so I don't know exactly what happened, though I do know some minor things, so that will be included

1565:
Our King, who fears the Hungarian Empire to the east, arranged his daughter to be married to the Hungarian King's son. "A Husband would not attack a wife" is the belief of our King. I fear, though, that this may come back to haunt us.

1566:
Our King, while continuing to untie the Southern Saxons via warfare, has decided that the title of King is too weak for such a powerful nation. On December 24th, our king declared himself Emperor of the Prussian Empire. Many of the nobles and peasants alike feel that this title maybe a bit too presumptuous and fear that the power will go to the new Emperor's head.

1567:
I refuse to acknowledge our King as an Emperor but I would not have to refuse for long. In the Spring of this year, our King perished in battle against rebels to the North who were attempting to proclaim their independence. Normally, the throne would fall to the King's son but our glorious and perhaps overzealous king had no male heirs. With daughters married to the court of Oldenburg and Hungary, tensions began to rise. Our Nobles supported the Kingdom of Hungary, fearing that without a king to lead us, our armies would crumble against a superior force. Unfortunately, the Hungarians were none to grateful that we chose to back them and forced us to enter a union with them--once again the Saxon people are not free.

1568-1570:
Although our nation has not been in favor with the Holy Roman Emperor since the conversion to the Reformed religion, our nobles were able to talk their way into becoming an elector--our vote will go to Hungary.

1572:
Our nobles, realizing that more good will come from freedom as opposed to being subjects of the Hungarian empire, began to organize our troops, building our army to a considerable size. Our nation will be ready to strike against Hungary when their king dies...

1575:
The Byzantines and Russians, two nations our previous king was in talks with to dismantle the Hungarian empire, attempted to do just that. Luckily, due to our good relations with them, our nation was spared from war, even though Hungary demanded that we come to their aide.
Also during this time, Ferran II of Aragon became Holy Roman Emperor. How could a non-germanic king be allowed to become Emperor?

1576:
Philosopher Viktor Von Plothow announced that he would speak for our nation during these times of suppression by the Hungarian Kingdom. He continues to support our nobles in the notion that we need to become free, but also recognizes the errors in becoming an Empire ourselves and equates our current situation to that decision. Talk has begun amongst our people to returning to a Kingdom.

1577:
While Russia continues to spare us from the battle field, Italy calls us to arms against Granada, Castille, The Palantine, Burgundy, and Avignon. The Italians asked that we take care of the Palantine and Burgundians with Brabant, while they focus mainly on the Iberian nations.

1578:
The Italian war is over. For our efforts in winning the conflict, Italy has granted us Metz and Worms, two nations on the Western border of our Empire. The Emperor of France has expressed interest in the province of Metz, threatening war if they do not get it.

1579-1586:
Our nobles, in order to further show our independence, determine that when we do become free again, we will become an Administrative Monarchy. It would not be long until we found our king for the throne. August Wilhelm the first, a mighty warrior, claims the throne as the treacherous king of Hungary passes.
King August Wilhelm I first duty as king was to declare war against the Hungarians. With the Italians help, by 1586 the war is over. Parma and Liguara are given to the Italians while Thurungia is taken for ourselves.

1587-1589:
In a quick war against Croatia and the Hungarian Empire, Plock, Sieradz and Moravia are ceded to our nation, further strengthening our Eastern borders. Our nation is strong and connected, but revolts threaten our peace. King August Wilhelm I looks to the interior and begins to order the construction of courthouses to help keep the peasants from revolting.
During this period, Marti III of Aragon, current Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, keeps offering us alliances. Our King, he himself wanting that title, continually refuses. We will not support a non-Germanic Emperor!

1591:
Continual strengthening of our armies occurs. Our hope is to once again engage the Hungarians in battle, ending the vassalization of certain Saxon nations. Additionally, Bavarian lands which have fallen to Hungary must be reclaimed by the southern Germans.
Brabant, a neutral nation, has sent envoys that they wish to be acknowledged as The Netherlands.
Word count: 839
Reward: 600 Ducats

lool no it didn't,

I'd like to inform every one I'll merge a quick resumé of this week's events in my AAR. I missed last session and so there isn't much to write about.

I am currently on the fence about staying or not, since my new job seems to conflict with the game... :( I'm trying to work something out though

But the game will go on with or without it's GM. Fear not ! :p

Darknesskilla said:
lool no it didn't,

I'd like to inform every one I'll merge a quick resumé of this week's events in my AAR. I missed last session and so there isn't much to write about.

I am currently on the fence about staying or not, since my new job seems to conflict with the game... :( I'm trying to work something out though

But the game will go on with or without it's GM. Fear not ! :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY MUST THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!

Woah... I have to give a hand to Russia, Italy, and Britain.

though... why isn't north africa Italian yet?

and looks like Germany has almost formed. We may see a new colonial power in the next 50 years.

Also how does France have such a high income?