• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Darknesskilla said:
Watch what you say Jambo, I could take that as an insinuation you are not willing to enforce our alliance agaisnt the Byzantine Empire should it try to take more than it's share of the Pie

I didnt say anything of the sort,merely state that Byz is entitled too its fair share.Define that and then maybe I can anwser your Q.

Chapter IX: The Birth of Italy
1542-1565
Flagcopy.gif

Venetian domination of Italy continued, and in 1549 we declared war on Mantua and Savoy, in the Fourth Italian War. It began in the spring and ended in the fall with Mantua relinquishing its sovereignty and Savoy losing most of its territory.

Now that the last powerful Italian state was subdued, we could now rightfully claim that the Italians had united under us - even with a few dissenters. The Republic of Venice became the Republic of Italy, determined to protect and unite all Italians.

With most Italians unified under our banner, the Swiss control of Italian Brescia was an affront to our sovereignty. The Swiss could not hold Brescia, and were forced to retreat into the Alps and cede Brescia; Savoy had foolishly allied with the Swiss Confederation and in the Fifth Italian War were annexed to the Republic.

A state cannot survive solely on war, however, and the huge changes to the Italian Peninsula in the past years required a time of peace that would last nearly a decade. However, by 1562 the weakness of Austria became readily apparent - 30,000 of their troops had just left through Hungary to join a useless crusade. This left all of Austria entirely unguarded, and presented a perfect opportunity to liberate Gorizia. Our ally, Prussia, proved invaluable in the total defeat of Austria, which folded as Prussians from the north and Italians from the south invaded their entire country. Gorizia is a powerful center of trade and produced valuable gold - the Austrians were unwilling to give up such a valuable city, their only access to the coast, but were forced to cede it as well as other territories to Prussia.

The belligerent Austrians were severely weakened, and we could focus on the rest of Italy. We had no land route to Savoy, and Milan was an easy target (Genoa was a vassal of Hungary, a powerful kingdom). The Sixth Italian War, or at least Milan's involvement in it, ended only weeks after it began; the Milanese fell quickly before the Italian army. Our long rivalry with Milan ended with the assault of Milan itself. Sicily had allied with Milan and remained in the war, but it would be months before our army could reach them. [And here the session ended.]

Though the legacy of Venice will not be forgotten, we must move forward and unite all of Italy.

Religion1565.png

Europe1565.png

World1565.png

-----
Forgive the lackluster update - I hit F12 instead of F11 for all the screenshots, so I have a bunch of maps instead of screenshots... By the way, is having a world map instead of the North America, Africa, etc. maps a good idea?

jambojones said:
I didnt say anything of the sort,merely state that Byz is entitled too its fair share.Define that and then maybe I can anwser your Q.

unfortunately our agreement effectively breaks this agreement between you and France. im going to type my AAR now, you can read all about it on the last paragraph.

Darknesskilla said:
Britain, you need to treat your allies better, or they may turn on you. Disregarding a treaty you already signed to sign a new one is not only offensive, it's arrogant.

in this new treaty he actually potects you, more then his army or navy could ever do. it prevents byzantine's allies *mainly* Russia, to mess with you if you go to war with the byzants but it also prevents GB from doing anything in turn.

Enewald said:
Eeeks, who gave hungary that much time to eat neighbours! :eek:

a coalition has already been made, chaired by Russia to destroy Hungary and devide it among the bordering nations.

13412.png

Russian Revolution
Chapter 1: Seizing the throne Part 2

Due to an agreement with Great Britain the archives of the American crisis, have been removed from the Russian Archive Central.​

Following the submission of Scandinavia and the other Russian principalities, the unification of all Russian lands and several conversations the Swedish King and Czar Nikolai I had, Nikolai I decided he had to reform his Empire once more to counter the nationalist movements in Scandinavia and still keep central power everywhere. Following the Baltic proposal by Gustav II (Swedish King) Nikolai reformed the Russian Empire to the Baltic Empire.

1111.png

(the country will still be adressed as Russia)​

Several years later, the Russian embassy in Berlin was approached by a Prussian mission. The Prussian king himself had come to Cherny Dravastkra, the Russian emissary in Prussia. The King requested an audience with the Russian Czar which was currently away for diplomatic mission in the west. Word was disatched to the Czar as he was riding back to his glorious new capital, Saint Petersburg. The Russian Czar entered the summerestate of the Prussian King in Lübeck. As they conversed all night, near midnight a deal was reached. the Czar had the papers drafted up in Minsk and thus, the treaty of Minsk-Ostpreusen was signed by both nations. Russia announced it had no claim to Sjealland off the Danish coast but also announced it would take controll of Halland, Skane and Goteborg. The treaty also dealt with Polish lands. Prussia was to get Plock and Sieradz whilst Russia was to take the rest. Russia and Prussia also solidified friendly relations with the forming of the contra-Hungarian coalition (later joined by the Byzantine Empire).

In the following years, Russia planned to fund European nations to take revenge on Great Britain. This plan however failed on part of the western nations and Russia decided to look at its own neigbours for more solid support. The Byzantines and Russia drafted the Alliance of the Virgin Mary, further consolidating their loose Alliance and making plans for Persian expansion.

Several months later, Russia was approached by Prussia for more diplomatic conversation. In the Great halls of the Basilisk in Saint Petersburg, Nikolai I and the Prussian king came to an agreement, nearly instantly. Both Empires consolidated their alliance as The Alliance of the Eagles. Prussia also dipatched diplomats to Italy and the Byzantines for a more cooperated attack on Hungary, whilst the Czar drafted the first papers for the first partition of Hungary.

Around that time, Russia send an emissary to Great Britain bearing much information the Russian intelligence services possesed, but this emmissary was called back very quickly. The Czar changed his mind and decided he still needed an advantage over the British should they do something unexpected. Thus the mission was send again but under diffrent terms. Russia was to respect British sovereign areas in the New world (exception being Alaska and the west coast, Russia would attack nations on sight there) and India (exception being China and Indochina, Russia would attack Great Britain on sight there. Russia also announced it would not interfere in a *Indian* based conflict between France and the Byzatine Empire if Great Britian would do the same. Russia also demanded Great Britain would not "attack" with its troops or navies during a Prussian-French war on Prussia as Russia would not do the same on France.

The proposal was accepted with great anthusiasm and a potential massive war was avoided. Russian emmissaries are now open to other european nations, though Russia requires they make the first move and offer their own treaties as Russia has no interest in offering them anything.

On a warn afternoon in a small town in former Lithuania, Czar Nikolai I aged 78 was preparing to go to bed early because of his tiresome day adressing diplomatic missions. Town bells ringed in the distance, the chanting of clergy could be heard troughout the town. Wind was raging trough the grain fields and little girls were playing outside. Nikolai reflected on his past life overlooking his failures, the American crisis, the Anti british coalition. But also his great achievements, solidifying power in Russia, forging many alliances and being very succesfull in diplomacy. As the Czar closed his eyes, he said "all is good" and as sudden as the wind stopped raging trough the fields, the Czar's hart stopped beating. As Pyotr Zdramokiev (the Bishop of Novgorod always accompanying the Czar) entered the house, he already suspected what had happined. After confirming the sad event he rang the bells of the local church. The unual ringing of the bells made the noblemen gather at the Czars house.
as.png
Pyotr announced: "It causes me great grief to announce that our holy father has taken our rearlty father to the kingdom of Heaven to his side." Immediately the nobles began panicking what was to happen. It was not the first time a Russian Czar died with diffrent possible heirs. In the distance, clergy announced the news to locals and messengers were dispatched all over the empire. from all local towns, high up in the mountains, in the desolate plains of siberia and the bustling towns of Scandinavia and Muscowy, smoke pillars rose from the churches as they burned white linen. the local women started singing "Shto Li" which was a song favoured by the Czar.

The Future of Russia is still uncertain. A suitable heir has to be found, there are several tensions in Europe and Russia is beaing treatened by Religious problems. Time can only tell, meanwhile whole of Russia mourns for the loss of Czar I, canonized to Saint Nikolai of Novgorod.

Last edited:
Baltic Empire WTF ? Thats jjust weird.

Looks like the byzantine empire has been restored to its former glory!

All the human players are dividing everybody else amongst them, and Russia seems to be taking a large piece of the pie! But doesn't all those (crap) lands hurt the russian technological advances?

Kami said:
Baltic Empire WTF ? Thats jjust weird.

Looks like the byzantine empire has been restored to its former glory!

All the human players are dividing everybody else amongst them, and Russia seems to be taking a large piece of the pie! But doesn't all those (crap) lands hurt the russian technological advances?

well since im more then double as rich as france, westernising soon and becoming even more richer, france's 20% inflation makes its tech leveling actually 10% slower then me :p.

Bleh, I'm sorry again about updating so late in the week, I was buried with homeworks and laziness. Expect an update from the Glorious Duchy of Brabant later today.

May i ask that, how can Russica become Baltic Empire:D Did you write the event, and whats included in it like cores, accepted Culture etc?
By the way, Conqurerinq tartars doesn't more profitable? They became your culture, Russian quickly once you convert them?

i cosmetically made this screenshot with photoshop changing a revolting event into this ;P if you are interested in this i could write a small mod for it though.