• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Darknesskilla said:
Wait until you all see the chaos of the Reformation

GB has fully embraced it and now most of Britain is proddy(all of england and the lowlands of scotland),also the colonies have converted so half of them now follow prod.I lost kouban to rebels when i first converted,my economy was in tatters and my census was only 35 ducats at one point!But now GB has fully recovered and is poised to attack the NA tribes,Irquois will be assimilated next session within a couple of years.

Treaty of Calais (1505)

Treaty of Calais
signed in the year 1505 of our lord

I, Emperor Xavier I, hereby pledge to support Great Britain in it's endeavors as if those were France's own. In exchange for this, the Kingdom of Great Britain pledges to support France's military campaigns as well as it's foreign interest.

Note: The ruler of France has the power of veto and may backdown from his obligations as detailed in this treaty if this conflicts with other alliance or other treaties, prior or after the signing of this treaty. The Kingdom of Great Britain detains similar powers.

Great Britain: (signs)
France: (signs)

Chronicles of the Saxon People
1497-1510: Reformation​

Fourteen Ninety Seven:
Our nation is in turmoil. Our king has lead our country to war and our people are exhausted. With revolts breaking out all over our nation, the king calls for mercenaries to help subdue the rabble.
Russia's insistence of an alliance between themselves, our nation, and Venice brought our king and Doge Leonardo San Paulo to the table to discuss terms. However, the Russian king stormed out when disagreements were held at the conference table. Even though an alliance could not be forged with the East, Venice and King Joachim I Siegmund reached terms and formed the Saxon-Italian Alliance.

Death Current Chronicler
It is uncertain who took over, but records do exist from this time, though religious and political turmoil make them spotty, at best.

1498:
Continual combat against the rebels weakened our nation. Further expansion of our Kingdom could not be carried out due to domestic problems. The Reformation has begun to spread, an idea that the king is excited about. He accepts religious difference but remains, himself, Catholic.

1499:
King Fryderikas I of Lithuania calls for an alliance. Hoping that they will help subdue our rebels, our king accepts. Our Kingdom sits on the edge, doom is coming and our king steps down from his throne and appoints Friedrich Wilhelm II.

1500:
The King of Denmark has passed. In his will, he declared the kingdom to be left to his daughter who was married Friedrich Wilhelm II. Friedrich Wilhelm II welcomes the Danish culture, though Saxon peasants and religious rebels still plague our nation. Many wonder if our king is spreading himself too thin, as the rebels continue to gain ground.
In attempts to keep the northern border secured, an alliance was reached with King Karl IX Gustav of Sweden.

EU3_1.jpg

1502:
Our king, in the Battle of Brandenburg, finally succumbed to the rebels. Though they let him stay in power, the rebels ordered reformation in both religion and government. Not wishing to keep fighting, our king, who, like his predecessor, welcomed the conversion and agreed to governmental change. Where once we were a feudal monarchy, we now exist as a Despotic Monarchy, our kings our elected by god. Though I can tell my king does not wish this political reformation, he knows he is beaten and has no choice but to accept the rebels orders.

1504:
Our king is but a puppet now. Joachim I Siegmund, our fleeing king, defects with some Danish patriots to reform Denmark. Hesse, too, breaks away from our kingdom. Though our nation has decreased in size, the borders have surely shifted. The unification of the Saxon people, which was once written about by previous scholars, seems to be in jeopardy. Our king, with no true power, cannot continue in the path of his predecessors. What's worse, during this time we are dragged into war by our Venetian allies, who have not welcomed our reformation with open arms. Our relations strained, our nation crippled, I do not know if our nation can survive the coming years. Only through strength and reorganization can we overcome this adversity.

1505:
Though our troops have done nothing, a white peace was accepted against the Milanese. We will do anything to keep out of war.

1508:
Our former king has urged his king, the king of Denmark, to pursue peaceful relations with Friedrich Wilhelm II. It would appear that they, too, have accepted the Reformed religion into their hearts and hope that our nations can once again be on the level the once were--before the inheritance.

1509:
God has willed us to vassalize the Prussian Pretenders to the East--though our king clearly does not wish it. Our few remaining allies, Denmark, Venice, and Thurungia, come to our aide against Lithuania, Prussia, and the recently reformed Teutonic Knights. The war is swift.

1510:
Peace is quickly agreed upon with both Prussia and the Teutonic Knights--both are vassalized under our nation with God, or is it the power behind the throne, wills us to annex the pretenders. Lithuania, eager to get out of war, gives us 100 ducats in terms for peace. With any luck, these new conquests will mark a time of great expansion from our nation. But where will we go? to the East? To the West? Or what of this new world that has been spoken of by Spanish, Dutch, and British explorers? Is there any truth to a land of beauty that lies to the west?

OOC:
only one screenshot was taken because I was focused on dealing with the Rebel problem. Next week, with any luck, the save will not be corrupt and our session will cover more years than just 10. I want to thank everyone for their patience with our technical problems.

oddly enough, it's almost better this way...I was going to go Reformed anyways, and all of my war exhaustion is gone...just means that I can't change religion manually anymroe.

Here's what happened:
AI forced me to Despotic Monarchy and Reformed Religion. Hesse, Teutonic Knights, and I think one other province, broke off from my nation...oh dan 3 provinces in Denmark. However, because I inherited Denmark months before, I actually didn't lose anything province wise. So, I am still around, just the borders have shifted.

Great Britain

Great Britain had just finished a war with France she nither needed nor wanted.She now turned away from the continent and set her sights on the Natives of the Americas!

The Forgein office mended relations with France and we were now good allies.Now the biggest change of British history was about to take place,the conversion to Protestantism!This completely shattered the Biritsh economy lowering the census from 300 to 40 in a matter of seconds.This left Britain weak but within 5 years all of england,half of scotland and most of the colonies were converted pushing the census over 300!Now that the economy had fully recovered and was improving day by day with more conversions,the King ordered that exploration of Irquois which would soon be attacked(Next Session :) )

The fleet was also increased so that Britian had a powerful new fleet of 15 caravels,a very new type of battleship.Britian was also pleased too see fellow nearby nations of france and Brabant convert to Prod. making our relations extremely good and a alliance will surely be offered to Brabant ASAP.

Thats all I did in the 10 years we had,not alot but it was still fun.

Also of note was the loss of Kouban and the canaries of which I could not help since my country was falling apart after conversion.Great Britian is now what I class as the super power with a formidable navy,army and a pretty decent census.

Rule,Britannia!

Uhh. Are you trying to reach the 16th century during this year? :p

I'm evil.

why is brandenburg conquering neighbours?
That's the job of prussia!

Well we almost fixed the "players come too late" problem. I should have checked the source of my crash already, but i cant get on my gaming computer...