• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Indian Jewel

A VijayanagAAR

Part Four: Internal Strength: 1442-1458

With the mortal danger of the Great Northern War past him, the King now turned to internal consolidation. While many of his courtiers were jubiliant at the realative victory of the Kingdom in the Great Norhtern War, and called for further attacks against the northern Sheikhs, the King knew that Vijayanagar needed a period of peace and consolidation.​

He knew that since the time of his great-grandfather, the First King, Vijayanagar had more than tripled in size, and encompassed six different cultures and three different religions. While the tolerance of the true faith helped in this, the rapidity of the Vijayanagarian expansion, which astounded not only the Vijayanagari populace but later historians, there were simply too many alien cultures and customs already present in the Kingdom to allow further uncontrolled expansion.​

(OOC: At this point, while I was at +3 stab, I had 12.75 WE (-1.275 morale :O), and an average of 15 RR in most of my provinces!!!)​

Taking stock of his Kingdom, the King noticed that while Vijayanagar was extremely stable at all levels of government, his subjects were extremely unhappy about the brutality, length and losses of the war. He had received reports of enormous discontent not only in the newly occupied provinces, but in the Vijayanagarian homeland. In addition, the King had numerous subordinate rulers – the Princes of Orissa, Deccan and Ceylon were subject to his rule.​

The King therefore decided to concentrate his efforts in quelling revolt, assimilating his client Princedoms, and strengthening Vijayanagar for the future northward crusades that would no doubt shortly follow.​

For several years following the peace treaties of the Great Northern War, the King was more than occupied combating numerous revolts, however in 1446, he emulated his ancestors, and peacefully incorporated the realms of the Prince of Ceylon into the Kingdom. Soon after, the ship carrying the former Prince to his new villa on the mainland sunk, killing him along with his entire family and court.​

This final integration of a southern Princedom marked the end of the southern campaigns that had begun thirty-five years prior with the First King. Several years later, in 1451, the Maldives archipelago accepted Vijayanagarian sovereignty, and the King vowed that as long as there was a commoner to defend it, no foreign power would place their flag on the islands.​

(OOC: I always get a kick out of the ‘peasant blood’ thing :D)​

Over the next two years, the King continued the stabilization of his realm, quelling revolts and putting suspected rebels to the sword. While future generations would regard this King with mild revulsion for his conduct during the rebellions, in particular his massacre of every inhabitant of a rebel town, his efforts were later recognized to have provided a stable base for further expansion by his son.​

In 1453, having led Vijayanagar through both the Great Northern War and the extended period of rebellion that followed, the King died peacefully in his sleep, the victim of a stroke.​

The next day, his son was coronated by the chief priest, and began his reign as the new King. His first order of business was to complete the consolidation by integrating the northern Principalities of Deccan and Orissa, while preparing for the eventual resumption of the Great Northern War.​

Between 1453 and 1458, the King expanded the standing army of Vijayanagar, as well as crushing the last remaining rebel holdouts, and, in 1458, had the Prince of Orissa and his family assassinated by his chief courtier, who himself disappeared several days later. With no possible heir to the Princedom, the King magnanimously announced that he would assume the responsibility of governing the people of Orissa.​

After attending the celebratory parade in the former Orissi capital, the King returned to his palace, and began laying plans for the integration of Deccan and the next moves in the unification of the Subcontinent.​

(Note: Sorry about the short length, but due to the crushing WE and RR I could not really afford to wage war during this session. :). Again, I hope you enjoyed this (sparse) installment. ~620 words.)​

Are you using F11 for taking screenshots? It seems that i can see the mouse on the screen in several Screenshots.
@EURO: Thank you, as Darkness said, we love writing them as well.

Griffin.Gen said:
Are you using F11 for taking screenshots? It seems that i can see the mouse on the screen in several Screenshots.
@EURO: Thank you, as Darkness said, we love writing them as well.

I'm sorry? I use a third party screen capture program for a lot of different games, including EUIII, and although its good, it seems to pop up a cursor when I trigger it. It could also be from paint when I crop the screenies. Is that a problem?

Edit: I must be blind, I don't see a mouse cursor o_O?

Last edited:
(OOC: I always get a kick out of the ‘peasant blood’ thing )
You mean you don't actually want to defend that province for the peasants :eek: ... me neither.

Good to see you expanding, it is going to be interesting once you meet europeans.

goobermaster said:
(Note: Sorry about the short length, but due to the crushing WE and RR I could not really afford to wage war during this session. :). Again, I hope you enjoyed this (sparse) installment. ~620 words.)​

Sparse for you, maybe. :p

I can't believe you managed to survive, good job.

Last edited:
goobermaster said:
I'm sorry? I use a third party screen capture program for a lot of different games, including EUIII, and although its good, it seems to pop up a cursor when I trigger it. It could also be from paint when I crop the screenies. Is that a problem?

Edit: I must be blind, I don't see a mouse cursor o_O?
If you look at the first pic for example, you can see the cursor on the minimap.
When you take screenshots with F11, it doesnt show it.

Chronicles of the Saxon People​

1458-1469: The Emperor's Expansion​

In the Year Fourteen Hundred Fifty Eight:
Throughout all of the peasant rebellions, wars, and general uprisings, our nobles have felt neglected by King Friedrich II. Many of the land owning Nobles of our nation met in the King's court to discuss more privileges for the superior class. Our King gave them the privileges they wanted. Some have seen this as a sign of weakness, but yet many believe this to be a bold effort to balance the peasant and elite classes. Many nations acknowledged this effort. Our prestige as a nation seems to be climbing after being unknown for so long.

In the Year Fourteen Hundred Fifty Nine:
Word has reached our kingdom that the Duchy of Brabant has had trouble with rebellions claiming independence. King Friedrich II and the Shutzstaffel marched across Western Europe to help our ally regain control of their region. Although there were no monetary gains from these attempts, our relations with Brabant have increased, hopefully securing our alliance.

In the Year Fourteen Hundred Sixty:
As a new decade emerges, so does a new Holy Roman Emperor. King Albrecht the Sixth of Austria, Archbishop Gebhard the First of Cologne, Archbishop Wolfgang the First of Mainz, King Gottfried the Second of The Palantine, Duke Hektor the I of our Vassal Saxony, and Archbishop Richard the First of Trier gave Friedrich II their votes and pushed him to the heights of Holy Roman Emperor. With his goal achieved, Friedrich II believes our new mission should be to conquer Silesia in order to keep our prestige high and keep the Bohemian's in check.

EU3_30.jpg

In the Year Fourteen Hundred Sixty-One:
Becoming Emperor is not without it's own troubles. Within the first year of his reign, war broke out initially between Venice, our ally, and Switzerland, a member of the Empire. Upon meeting with his council, Friedrich decided to aid Venice in this war, which angered many nations in the Holy Roman Empire, to the point where many changed their vote, though The Palantine and Saxony made sure the majority still fell to our nation. However, The Palantine, allied with the Swiss, decided to engage our troops on the battle field. In response, our King and Emperor marched 17,000 troops into battle to subdue them.

EU3_31.jpg

In the Year Fourteen Hundred Sixty-Two:
Venice sued for peace with The Palantine who were leading negotiations with their allied forces, thus ending the war. Our King was furious. Franken, a nation of Saxon people, could have been ours. Brabant also became irritated at the Venetian Doge for suing for peace so hastily, though they have stated that this problem will be fixed within the next five years.

Chronicler Johan Fritz retires, but lives in the court.
Enter Chronicler and Historian Alfred Adlam

Fourteen Sixty-Three to Fourteen Sixty-Four:
Despite being Emperor, King Friedrich II, after many attempts, was still unable to annex any of our vassals to the south. Do they not want the protection of Brandenburg?

Fourteen Sixty-Six:
Saxon artists have been creating many different types of art. So much art was produced, that Kings and Bishops from around Europe have come to see the works of art our nation has produced. Hans Pleydenwurff, Michael Wolgemut, and Lucas Moser have led the painting revolution. As one visiting noble commented, "Epic Art is being produced by the Saxon people".
On a more religious note, Brabant and the Pope have reported that French Emperor Nicolas I Henri was excommunicated by Queen Elizabeth the First of England.

Fourteen Sixty-Seven:
War has broken out. In what would be known as the Third War of Brandenburgian Aggression, our King declared war on Wurzburg. The war was quick as our troops fought swiftly and efficiently. With our Vassals and allies all helping, it was only a manner of time before victory was accomplished with the minors of the War. Brunswick sued for peace, offering us the province of Brunswick and 34 Ducats, Trier would do the same, offering us 31 ducats. Hesse, the former Holy Roman Emperor, also sued for peace, giving up claims on the previously gained Kassel and offering 36 ducats. With a total victory over Wurzburg, our King demanded the province of Bramberg and 50 ducats, which they were more than willing to pay.

EU3_34.jpg

Fourteen Sixty-Eight:
Although still at war entering the year, we would not remain so for long. Even though our forces could have marched into Bavaria and slaughtered their troops, Friedrich II believed that enough was enough and offered a White Peace. Some saw this as signs of weakness, but, remembering tales of the Austrian and French collapses, our King wanted to make sure we did not expand to quickly.
Before the year was out, Friedrich II declared war on Luneburg in what would be creatively known as the 4th War of Brandenburgian Aggression. With only Wuzburg coming to their aid, they proved no match for our forces and they were all but defeated by the end of the year.

EU3_40.jpg

Fourteen Sixty-Nine:
Peace was quickly struck with Wurzburg, demanding them to give up Bamberg as a core province and pay the sum of 50 ducats. Shortly there after, the forced annexation of Luneburg happened. Upon hearing what we had done in the manner of two years, the Teutonic Knights broke our alliance. However, the Archbishop assured us that this was not a slap to the face or even a warning to our nation, it was simply because they did not want to be dragged into more wars as they have been trying to achieve inner stability. As a show of good faith, they ceded the province of Danzig to us.
During this year, Friedrich II, now becoming known as Friedrich the Balanced, declared more rights for peasants, allowing more and more of the lower class to become free. Although this means supplying our army is more expensive, in the long run our King feels it will lead to increased innovations and even a better trained army.

EU3_43.jpg

Congratulations for receiving the Weekly AAR Showcase everyone!

Truly well deserved!

Calum Cornish said:
How did the Sxons get Dainzig?, I'm pretty sure the ai don't sell provinces

In a previous war in which I aided the Teutonic Knights, I lost a province but was able to keep them alive. Thus, in return, Airfixer promised to sell me the province of Danzig. However, Air is now playing as Yemen (because of Human players to the East and West), and thus it will be edited into the save that Danzig will belong to Brandenburg.