• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So did AI France have enough time to mess everything up?

Reino de Portugal​
portugal.bmp

I am Henrique of Portugal, Duke of Viseu, knight of the Holy order of Christ. My father, João, is growing Old. Being in his 58 years, his decisions are not as accurate as they were in his early kingship, he has grown old and sick; an unknown illness threatens us whit taking our loving father away. He is king, but in the court, is my mother, Philippa of Lancaster, she is the hand that controls the fate of Portugal. While my brother Duarte prepares for his due time, As supposed, her decisions have tendencies towards English interests in the region, after all, my cousin is quite generous whit our kingdom, besides, he obviously have a crush on my sister, Isabella.
A lot has happened in the last 16 years, for instance, we have settled our relations with Castile, as a treaty has been signed which had formed an alliance.
On the other hand, a year ago, Castile seized Tangiers from the moors while near Ceuta our merchant fleet was resting. My brother Duarte (Edward for the English) was aboard the flagship “Espirito Santo” making his advanced studies of preparations for his kingship with his English tutors, when, in retaliation for the Castilian campaign, the moors attacked and sunk the 15 ships taking the Duarte as a prisoner; they executed the mixed Anglo-Portuguese merchants and moved my brother to Fez. Immediately, the Queen pledged to England to rescue him. My Cousin, the English king, immediately took on the task to rescue Duarte. Meanwhile my spies had told me, they enslaved the prince and took him to Algiers. We are now on the mission to rescue our prince. These moors will have to pay for their crimes. Duarte is my brother and i will assure his future kingship until my last breath.
While Henry prepares to set sails to Alguiers, he receives a letter from Isabella. Now at sea, he opens it, the queen has died…

Enrique de portugal

Last edited:
Reino de Portugal​
portugal.bmp

“The King Pedro, was a Portuguese infante of the House of Aviz, son of King John I of Portugal and his wife Philippa of Lancaster, daughter of John of Gaunt. In Portugal he is better known as Pedro das Sete Partidas [do Mundo], "of the Seven Parts [of the World]" because of his travels. Possibly the most well-travelled prince of his time”

At first I wanted to travel through the world, just meet people, kings, and princes. My good friend Juan de Castile knows that. I wasn’t supposed to be king, my brother Duarte… **sniffs** …those damn moors, they tortured him so badly, he dint lasted a week once Enrique brought him. We don’t blame him either, he was no physician, how could he know!, Enrique, he is a good brother, a fine sails man, I’m proud that he had chosen the path of the holy order, he is the new Grand master of the order of Christ, did you know that? Well… …My sister? She is in England, she is married my cousin, she is about to be crowned queen of England. As for me I’m in pursue to get myself a wife from Castile, I know its only politics, but it can assure peace to endure in Iberia. We are the only ones left, our loving father died shortly after my mother so there are not many of us left, Enrique is grand master of the order of Christ, and Infante Fernando is in religious duty, while Infante Jóao is away with Isabella. Well, im heading to Castile for my marriage… in the way, King Pedro got a flu and died in Tordesillas. A regency council has taken into office, preside by Enrique, also know as “El Navegante”, Fernando, and Infante Joao, due to the denial of the burguesy for either Joao or Fernando to take the throne, and the resign from Enrique when he got the Grand Mastery of the order of Christ.

While in the pass, Portuguese fought in wars in Ireland, Africa and Scotland, no land where taken during this period.

Chronicles of the Saxon People

1411-1414: Striving for Freedom
Our Nation in 1411:
eu32gy5.bmp

By gnlknox at 2008-07-22

In the year of our lord 1412:
Or nation found itself to be the papal controller---something not at all expected. With the Pope under our influence, we had the King Willem the first of the Netherlands excommunicated in attempt to improve our relations with the Kingdom of Brabant. Perhaps due in part to our willingness to create divisions amongst the catholic faith, we lost our only controlled cardinals and the Pope decided to follow someone else advice.

In the year of our lord 1413:
Our noblemen, in attempts to make our nation one of the most prestigeous in Europe, decided to embrace an idea known as Patron of the Arts. Through our nations art and beauty we will make our name known. One supporter of this idea is Master Bertram von Minden, creating a new kind of Gothic look to art in northern Brandenburg.
In an odd twist of fate, Luxembourg was vassalized by Brabant. Many noblemen in our nation are furious at the thought of the glorious Saxon people being subjugated by not only one, but two nations. A new urgency to break free has come through the masses and even some of the serfs are beginning to want independence.

In the year of our lord 1414:
One of our overlords, Brabant, has sent us a gift for electing Joanne as Empress of the Holy Roman Empire. Perhaps their intentions are not to subjugate us, but free us from the tyranny of the Luxembourg people.

(Death of Friedrich of Brandenburg)

Chronicler Willhelm von Brandenburg
1416-1430: Unity of the Saxons

Fourteen-Hundred Sixteen:
Polish Peasants have been fighting along our borders It is clear that the Polish government does not know how to treat their commoners, we should learn from their mistakes.
and the year passed to...

Fourteen-Hundred Nineteen:
We have always supported mercantilism. Yet a Saxon merchant has defected to the Kingdom of Lorraine which has led our Nobles to convene in Berlin. After hearing of the Hanseatic League and how they handle trading situations, they have decided to push for a more free market nation. Some believe that Trade is the future and will help our nation prosper.
and the year passes to...

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty One:
After nearly one hundred years of subjugation, first by the Bavarians and then the Luxembourgians, we have broken free and declared our independence! Fredrich the First has taken the long absent throne and promises to rule for the unification of the Saxon people.
eu39tj6.bmp

By gnlknox at 2008-07-22

Within the following months, Fredrich I allied with Anhalt, Meissen, and Saxony. The four Saxon kings agreed that by forming alliances, they would be able to ensure the lasting history of the Saxon people.

eu311eo8.bmp

By gnlknox at 2008-07-22
September marked the first Saxon Alliance war as Fredrich I declared war on the Kingdom of Pommerania. In what is known as the War of Brandenburg Aggression, The glorious Kingdom of Brandenburg and our allies, begin to fight against Pommerania and Riga, a nation that poses no threat to our glorious alliance.
General Albrecht Fredrich Perlkowski and the Kurfustliche Garde march into their capital whilst King Fredrich and the Shutzstaffel march into Vorpommern.

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty Two
Peace is struck with Riga. It is agreed that they will pay the sum of Fifty Ducats to cease hostilities.

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty Three
After two years of hostilities, the war is over. It is agreed that Pomerania will cede the provence of Vorpommern, pay the sum of Fifty ducats, and become our vassal. It is a glorious victory for the Saxon people.
God has willed us to complete the conquest of Pommerania. However, because of our improved relations, our glorious King has decided to accomplish this diplomatically.

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty Four
Our King has decided to hire artist August Karl Gruebel to ensure a more stable nation. The Kingdom's eyes fall to our first adviser to see what actions he takes.

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty Five
A scandal has taken place in the court of the King. Gruebel is hung for sleeping with the Queen, who is punished herself, is exiled from our nation and seeks refuge in Poland.

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty Seven
In efforts to improve relations with the Saxon and Pommeranian kings to the west, Fredrich I has arranged royal marriages with Mecklemburg, Meissen, Thuringia, Anhalt, and Saxony.
We all mourn the passing of our King. The throne is passed to Fredrich's nephew, Albrecht IV Achilles, who is known as a great administrator but a horrible diplomat. In attempts to follow his Uncle's wishes, Albrecht IV Achilles supports arranges similar royal marriages with the neighboring kingdoms.
eu319ka5.bmp

By gnlknox at 2008-07-22

Fourteen-Hundred Twenty Nine
Our noblemen encourage Albrecht IV Achilles to pursue the unification of the Saxon people. In the conference of Berlin, Albrecht IV Achilles convinces King Sigismund I of Anhalt, Balthasar II of Meissen, and Fredric Christian I of Saxony to become vassals of the Kingdom of Brandenburg. Only Fredric Christian I is reluctant, and convenes with his court in Saxony before agreeing.
On his death bed, Albrecht IV Achilles receives word from Saxony that they will become a vassal. Perhaps out of relief or perhaps satisfaction, our King passes on. Leaving no heirs, Fredrich the I's grandson, Fredric Willhelm I takes the throne---he is truly blessed by God.
eu322ql3.bmp

By gnlknox at 2008-07-22

Our nation 1430
eu316ud9.bmp

By gnlknox at 2008-07-22

Last edited:
I know, right? I mean....It took forever for the Luxembourg king to die and now I've been through 3 kings already

100px-Coat_of_arms_of_Brabant.svg.png

Chapter 1: The fight over the supremacy of The Netherlands
A Brabant/Dutch AAR
Part 2: Expansion of the Duchy

General Guillaume

GeneralGuillaume.jpg

While Brabant gained Zeeland from the Aragonites, France was still fighting against Aragon. After less than a year of combat, France gained Roussillion and Gironda. The only problem with that is France’s peace treaty did not include Brabant. Joanna was furious that her ally, France, left her and her vassals against a powerful kingdom. Joanna thought that the French king was becoming insane and selfish. But this was not the time to complain. Dutch fishing ship spotted an invasion fleet coming at great speed. There were more than 6 000 Aragonites footsoldiers and cavalrymen coming via-ships. Joanna then hired a general from Brussels under the name Guillaume. He preferred ambushes and other unconditional tactics of warfare. When the Duchess heard that the Aragonites had landed in Friesland, she sent the Koninklijke Leger and the “Jagers van Brussels” or Hunters of Brussels. The latter was formed of 2 thousand hunters from the southern forests of Brussels. They preferred using Crossbows and early Muskets. It only took less than a couple of months and the Aragonites were all wiped out. Aragon then sued for peace. He had underestimated the military might of the Glorious Duchy. In the 23rd of March, 1413, Aragon formally accepted peace from the Glorious Duchy of Brabant.

peaceAragon.jpg

Holy Roman...Empress?!?! (and diplomatic stuff)

HolyRomanEMPRESS.jpg

Joanna of Brabant was elected by the Electors of Brandenburg and Trier. Brandenburg was sacrificing itself by voting for Brabant instead of their overlords of Luxembourg. This would deeply change because on 22nd of October, 1413, The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg became a vassal of the Glorious Duchy. This made the Saxons of Brandenburg angry because they now had 2 overlords. Joanna sent a message to the people of Brandenburg that included a gift to thank the electorate for voting for the first Empress of the Holy Roman Empire. It also said that she was putting pressure on Luxembourg to release Brandenburg, with no success.

vassalLuxembourg.jpg

Not only Luxembourg would become a vassal of the Glorious Duchy, the Duchy of Gelre formally accepted Vassalation from Brabant earlier back in 1411.

VassalationGelre.jpg

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, in the Burgundian Flanders

flandersrevolt.jpg

In early February, 1413, the Flemish people of the Flanders, dominated by the tyrannical Burgundians, revolted under the banner of Fillip II, the current Duke of these lands. They were successful because the Burgundian Army could not reach them. When the Flanders declared independence, Burgundy gained military access from France. When the Burgundians were on their way, they decided to “Saveour brothers in Brussels!” The Duchy of Brabant declared this as a violation of borders and treated it as an invasion of their country. Brabant formally declared war on the Duchy of Flanders (which consists of only Antwerp, while Vlaanderen was occupied by them) on November 10, 1416. In December, Brabantian soldiers arrived in Antwerp where the Flanderian Army was waiting for them, thus the Battle of Antwerp begun. The 1 000 Infantrymen of the Flanders were wiped out after the first phase of the battle. Only 3 000 cavalrymen remained. Half of them would be either killed or captured in the latter phases. The rest fled to Vlaanderen, where the Burgundian Garrison there was waiting for them. The Koninkiljke Leger began to assault the wall of the city. The assault failed for several reasons:
1- Lack of proper siege equipment
2- The defender used Longbows, which proved devastating for the assaulters.
3- The only siege equipments were destroyed y flaming arrows.

victorysiegeofantwerp.jpg

After 143 days, the city surrendered. Fillip II accepted the annexation of Antwerp in the condition that he and his nobles could be exiled. Brabant accepted and Fillip fled to Liège.

flandersannexation.jpg

The aftermath of the Invasion

landtech5.jpg

The Royal Army of Brabant learned alot from this invasion. The Army was able to inspect the Longbow, which dealt a crushing blow to the Brabantians. Longbows replaced the Shortbow (but some still preferred the Crossbow). They also discovered that most of the casualties were Peasants levies. Tacticians and Generals alike noticed that Brabant would be stronger with a Professional Standing Army rather than Peasants levies and Knights. Thus, the Men at Arms were born (or Gens d’armes in French, where the term Gendarmes comes from). They were usually equipped with Pikes or Halberd and Sabres in close combat. The Brabantian Army was one of the most advanced, most Disciplined Army in the World (Also known as Europe).

Map of the Netherlands in 1430

thenetherlands1430.jpg

-Luxembourg vassalized and annexable
-Victory against a powerful kingdom
-Gained Antwerp, a Center of Trade
-The Royal Navy of Brabant as now 7 ships (1 Carrack name Brabant and 6 Cogs, need 8 more to complete mission)
-Became the Holy Roman “Empress”
-Gained first advisor, a Master of Mint (3 stars)

Is that the Netherlands in Holland?!?! :mad:

You should destroy those pretenders!!! :D

EUROO7 said:
Is that the Netherlands in Holland?!?! :mad:

You should destroy those pretenders!!! :D
Yeah stupid AI released the Netherlands instead of Holland.
...idiots.
Since France lost Roussillions and the other province he took from Aragon, I'm sure he wont mind another war with Aragon and "Holland" afterhe recovered from...you will see when he will post... ;)
I am the Netherlands, the pretenders shall die.

Well, I am sure the pretenders will make for a good story when you annex them! :D

EUROO7 said:
Well, I am sure the pretenders will make for a good story when you annex them! :D
Of course.
Now that i remember it, I lost the picture i took of my advisor, the Master of Mint looks so much like the Bavarian Advisor ;)

Griffin.Gen said:
Of course.
Now that i remember it, I lost the picture i took of my advisor, the Master of Mint looks so much like the Bavarian Advisor ;)
Yes, but with Glasses! :p :cool:

EDIT: or is it a monocle?