• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Agreements made in the practice game will have to be re-negociated due to the fact that the test run, was, well, a test run but what say in there isn't nesseceraly what is going to happen... :p

Btw, let's try and keep the idle chat to a minimum :D

Last edited:
This is my first AAR, and i have decided to take a different approach than most. i will be telling the history of russia through a series of letters and diary entries.
hope you like it.

---------

LETTERS FROM RUSSIA
Part One​

Dear Anna,
My dear cousin, my thoughts have been with you these past months. It must be terrably difficult raising the baby alone. I pray for your continued health and saftey.
I seem to have many a crisis on my mind these days, a sideaffect of my position as advisor to the Prince, no doubt. Between the pesants rising against our rightful prince, the Great Vasily, and the tarters on our boarders seeking to repeat their conquest of our lovely Moscow, our monarch has his hands full just keeping the nation together. Have you heard the news? A tarter raiding party was apprehended attacking a village on the border. On top of this outrage, our russian neighbors to the north-the people of Novgorod-have apparently mirrored our desire to unite all of Russia under one banner. Natuarally, theirs. Dark times are ahead, my cousin.

Perhaps not so dark as we may think though. Our Great Prince believes that all that is needed to cause the Horde to split at its seams is a bit of support given to its enemies within its own borders, and that Novgorod can be subdued without much trouble. I may point out that our prince has been a bit feaverish of late, and not all of his words may spring from his infinately vast wisdom. I am confident, however, that he will lead the people of Moscow to welth and prosparity.
Write back soon,
your cousin, Alexander

- a letter discovered in a recent archeological dig near Moscow. Dated 1399.

Last edited:
Reino de Portugal​
portugal.bmp

Acount Prelude:
It’s been almost 14 years from the time when we fought the now dead King Juan I from Castilla to assure our independence and our king, now we have a prosperous kingdom, a Great king, João I, we call him Jhon the good, and we have an English queen that gave us an Heir to the throne. Infante Duarte, we have great things planned for the princeas also for his brothers, Infante Pedro and Infante Henrique. Now things look good to the horizon, even when there is still moors in the coast, which is a problem the Castilians themselves will have to solve alone. People are starting to forget how the Castilians pike men and siege engines almost killed the people from starvation, how French knights and swordsman raped our peasant’s women 14 years ago.

To show gratitude for the help our English friends gave us in assuring our kingship against the Castilians, we assure our Christian brothers of England that we will honor the Treaty of Windsor between our countries, signed in 1373 and renewed in 1386. Nevertheless, for now, we should concentrate on bringing Wealth and prosperity to our Kingdoms.

Chronicle from portugal​

Error about the heirs

Last edited:
Griffin.Gen said:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364213

I'm no noob, i still might have troubles here against Burgundy and other countries.

Edit: Read the first post :D

So I guess I am rooting for the swiss now. And if I was him I would loan out all my money and start what the swiss are doing now :D

and what I am most interested in is the hundred years war, as it is so crucial to the begining game. I wonder who will win and what future effects it will have.

Nice background of each country, eagerly awaiting the start of the game!

comagoosie said:

So I guess I am rooting for the swiss now. And if I was him I would loan out all my money and start what the swiss are doing now :D

and what I am most interested in is the hundred years war, as it is so crucial to the begining game. I wonder who will win and what future effects it will have.
at least both England and France are players so this should be interesting.
Can't wait until Sunday
Btw Comagoosie, we're still looking for players if you dont have anything sunday :p

Griffin.Gen said:
at least both England and France are players so this should be interesting.
Can't wait until Sunday
Btw Comagoosie, we're still looking for players if you dont have anything sunday :p
you have no idea how much I would want to play, but sundays (strangley enough) are the days when I am the most busy.

Anyways I don't have DD + (patch whatever) I have Armageddon 1.2.

Thanks for the offer. :)

comagoosie said:
you have no idea how much I would want to play, but sundays (strangley enough) are the days when I am the most busy.

Anyways I don't have DD + (patch whatever) I have Armageddon 1.2.

Thanks for the offer. :)
...Wait isn't it for Arma? if it isn't, I'm screwed then D:
Bah its ok, maybe you could join later on.

Interesting!

Go France!

Glorious China

The Great Chinese Empire, the greatest Civilization known to man, was in the throes of a disagreement

"What do you mean you need half of the Empires tax income to run it?" The Great and Glorious, mostly adequate, Jianwen, Emperor of All, said to the preening bureaucrat before him.

confuciantax.jpg

These Bureaucats know how to siphon off funds

With a sigh and a look of those explaining things very simple to those too simple to understand, the bureaucrat replied "It's very simple your Majesty, it's very expensive to maintin proper records of who owns what, how much tax they should pay, and all things like that"

"Exactly how do the savage Japanese manage to use a mere 20% of their own taxes to do exactly the same job then?"

shintotax.jpg

I thought China was meant to be the advanced country?

"We maintain proper records, they just use paper"

"Er, exactly what do we use then?"

"Solid gold plates your Majesty. A thousand years from now we'll be able to tell exactly how much revenue we took in."

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Sigh

==========

The Chinese Empire dominates Asia, with none able to match its might.

china1399.jpg

China is large, but is surrounded!

Capable of simply drowning its enemies in blood
chinamp1399.jpg

Who can match the glorious peasants of China?

China is almost entirely uniform in religion, with just a few bad provinces
nicereligion.jpg

I’m sure they won’t be hanging around for long

It is however surrounded on almost all sides by nations that would love to plunder Chinas riches if not for the might of the Imperial Army. A policy of containment shall thus be enacted, by obliterating all hostile powers that border China.

The Mongols, long a plague on China and its people shall be the primary target, until none are left. It is known a great horde that once pillaged China swept West long ago, and the current Emperor is interested in where it ended up. He intends to follow the Mongols until he finds an answer

The Japanese sit off Chinas coast as they always have, unable to harm China, and China being uninterested in them.

South of China many buddhist nations exist, which shall be dealt with in time, although beyond even them, the Muslims have created a centre of trade which could help China in the years to come.

West, Tibet and India sit, either of which may become important to China one day, but for now shall be left alone, uncivilised.