• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IÞm a hoi2 player and chinas mapower is infinite, russias manpower is huge and they are both huge and have larege areas with horrable infanstructure.

what happens when you merge the 2? :eek: I thought about asking to join you when hoi starts but if russia dosn't fall apart soon I don't see that becoming a very fun game.

Mattabesta said:
IÞm a hoi2 player and chinas mapower is infinite, russias manpower is huge and they are both huge and have larege areas with horrable infanstructure.

what happens when you merge the 2? :eek: I thought about asking to join you when hoi starts but if russia dosn't fall apart soon I don't see that becoming a very fun game.

In Victoria, China is the best place to have in the game. If we don't do culture edits for POPs when we convert to Victoria, then Russia has an extreme upper hand.

Mattabesta said:

In Hoi, Russia will probably fall very quickly if there is a multi front war.

In mp, its near impossible for one person to keep up a empire of such massive lands. Just like the Roman empire, fast quick sieges and distroying the local armies will cause Russia to brake and split.

Well I'm pretty much screwed since I'm techincally the "Battlefield of Europe" so yeah. Gonna be alot of battles in the Low Countries if theres a Franco-German war.

Fijj said:
In Hoi, Russia will probably fall very quickly if there is a multi front war.

In mp, its near impossible for one person to keep up a empire of such massive lands. Just like the Roman empire, fast quick sieges and distroying the local armies will cause Russia to brake and split.

there is no need he can simply apply dfence by space and bomb the shit out of the enemie.

Mattabesta said:
there is no need he can simply apply dfence by space and bomb the shit out of the enemie.

No, its the micromanagement of the acual player that matters.

It'll be hard for any multi front war. Trust me, I've played a Massive Russia with Asymmetric and couldnt take the pressure. Now try that with one person.

Kami said:
and all this is why Russia won't let anyone live so long :)

Can you say bye bye in vicky - Guess the manufactories will be converted as well? and cash? Marty is a goldhoarder..

I guess Italy will be harder to defend - The massive number of naval fronts :S
Yeah, I have an absolutely enormous coastline. :eek:

Luckily, managing the seas should be an easier task than Russia's land borders.

Woudn't modding the POP actually increase Russia's advantage. If Russia's POPs in China aren't Russian, that'll cause trouble, plus, we could have his Chinese possessions not be states, so that he gets even less. Then it should be good. As for the new world, we can attribute the Yankee and Dixie cultures to the colonies developing a cultural identity of their own (named Yankee and Dixie :D)

Darknesskilla said:
Woudn't modding the POP actually increase Russia's advantage. If Russia's POPs in China aren't Russian, that'll cause trouble, plus, we could have his Chinese possessions not be states, so that he gets even less. Then it should be good. As for the new world, we can attribute the Yankee and Dixie cultures to the colonies developing a cultural identity of their own (named Yankee and Dixie :D)
What? China is still Chinese, it isn't Russian. If we go by the cultures of the individual provinces, then China will remain Chinese, but the New World/Africa/wherever will have the same cultures as the provinces do. It doesn't make any sense particularly for me in South America and Netherlands/USA in North America to have the normal Vicky cultures. New Netherland is Dutch, not the same culture as the USA, and Brazil is not Portuguese, etc.

PetitBourgeois said:
What? China is still Chinese, it isn't Russian. If we go by the cultures of the individual provinces, then China will remain Chinese, but the New World/Africa/wherever will have the same cultures as the provinces do. It doesn't make any sense particularly for me in South America and Netherlands/USA in North America to have the normal Vicky cultures. New Netherland is Dutch, not the same culture as the USA, and Brazil is not Portuguese, etc.

what culture is Canada in vicky ? If thats english, then you shouldn't change it, but culture changes a bit when the distances are so huge.

PetitBourgeois said:
In Victoria, China is the best place to have in the game. If we don't do culture edits for POPs when we convert to Victoria, then Russia has an extreme upper hand.

hmm extreme military upperhand or extreme financial upperhand... hard decision.

some people seem to forget that italy's income is more then double then mine, means rangin in 1000-1200 monthly.

Darknesskilla said:

yes lets all rip russia apart and make it into tons of mini states so i will be the weakest of all because we fear it, not taking in account the various hardships i had with warring several big alliances, countering numerous rebels everywhere and fighting several scary succesfull pretenders. lets all forget the effort i put into russian and rip it apart.

MonMarty said:
yes lets all rip russia apart and make it into tons of mini states so i will be the weakest of all because we fear it, not taking in account the various hardships i had with warring several big alliances, countering numerous rebels everywhere and fighting several scary succesfull pretenders. lets all forget the effort i put into russian and rip it apart.

This reminds me of Sid and China in our saturday AROW campaing :D

MonMarty said:
That's not what he said. :rolleyes: I guess, though, that you've never played Vicky. I believe he means that China will count as colonies, not as states, and you won't be able to grant them statehood.

PetitBourgeois said:
That's not what he said. :rolleyes: I guess, though, that you've never played Vicky. I believe he means that China will count as colonies, not as states, and you won't be able to grant them statehood.

this all sounds like latin to me so im not getting any wiser ^^

EDIT; i played the game where the hell is the exit button :confused:

Last edited:
Yes, and that would balance the game out as it would limit your ability to financially rip the benefits of Russia's possession of China, since, let's face it, you've conquered it but it's not really a part of Russia

As for the Americas, didn't we want a colonial state there anyway ?