• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Little preview of whats coming up from me :D

TheNetherlands1592.png

I should have finished the map of the New-Netherlands but GIMP is pissing me off right now.

And Darkness, have you not noticed that Morocco is gone?

Yes, and, had I been there, I probably would have wanted a piece of the pie. But, I wasn't there. So, although I believe we can resolve this peacefully, we are going to have to discuss the fate of North Africa...

Plus I was talking about the rest of North Africa in that post :D

GnlKnox said:
But you aint taking their Saxon territories...those belong to me.

i expect you to attack hungary at the same times when i attack it. i initially totally destroy its forts and when i peace for several provs, you move in to attack the weakened forts and decimated armies. that should repeated several times untill Hungary has no vassals left only its capital and then i will annex it :)

Chapter X: A Great Power
1565-1592
Flagcopy.gif

Peace never lasts for Italy; in a change of heart, the Kingdom of Prussia took to belligerence. In 1568, Prussia looked to expand in western Germany and Austria in a war involving numerous minor states:

01_German_Minors.gif

The hated Swiss would finally be defeated. Even with a difficult campaign in the Alps, the Swiss could not hold out forever. Additionally, a small army was sent to Greece to occupy the small Austrian exclave of Albania. Switzerland was totally occupied in 1570 and peace came soon after. Switzerland became a vassal state to Italy, ending their influence in the peninsula; Austria lost the exclave of Albania.

03_War_With_Austria.gif

The war was a total success, but it brought to the forefront a change that was desperately needed. The government had become weak and inefficient; a greater emphasis on administration was needed to survive as a republic. Along with this change in government a new focus was put on colonization, and financial incentives were put in place to encourage colonization in Africa.

02_Administrative_Republic.gif

04_Colonial_Ventures.gif

We wished to focus on Africa, but Sicily and Morea beckoned to Italy, weak states that should be placed under the Italian wing. It is unfortunate that it had to be done through war, but Sicily was one of the last independent Italian states (Corsica being the only other). One must move quickly to secure your people against foreign occupation; swiftly, Sicily was annexed and the western Peloponnese was ceded by Morea.

For the time being, there was no chance for any expansion in Italy; Prussia and Hungary had formed a personal union, which meant that Genoa would remain firmly in Hungarian hands. However, now Italy could delve deeper into Africa. The pagan Kongo, Songhai, and Ashanti had collectively sealed their fates by allying against Italy.

06_Africans.gif

With the influx of gold into our country, a period of prosperity began. The wealth of Africa flowed into Italy, and trade flourished. [Note: I built marketplaces and constables in all of Italy.] The Italian navy was expanded to maintain the overseas colonies. Fortunately, the Prussian personal union with Hungary had ended, and the Prussians had been none too happy about the union.

Though we called ourselves a unified Italy, the Italians of Genoa suffered under the foreign rule of Hungary. Our ally, Prussia, saw that both Italians and Saxons needed to be liberated from Hungary and a difficult war had to be fought. Hungary was already weakened by wars with Russia and the Byzantine Empire, but still presented a threat.

When the war began in June, 1583, we knew that Prussia would fight the main war. We would only have to occupy Croatia and Genoa, which was done easily; Italy exited the war in November, 1586, with Genoa and Croatia in Italian hands (Prussia fought longer).

As the decade came to a close, we entered into wars with numerous muslim states: Swahili, Kanem Bornu, Morocco, Algiers and Hedjaz (as well as the pagan Mutapa). The campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa ended quickly, with Mutapa annexed, Kanem Bornu forced to cede most of its territory, and Swahili to pay large amounts of gold. The Berbers of North Africa were harder to conquer, and 20,000 troops had to be sent in from the mainland; the war was decided by that army at the Battle of Tlemcen, where the Algerian and Moroccan armies were crushed. After that, peace came quickly:

08_Algiers_Morocco.gif

[Note: I fought two wars with Morocco]

The expansion of the Italian colonial empire between 1565 and 1592:

AfricaExpansion.gif

Italy has become a Great Power, one of the most prestigious and wealthy nations of Europe. Our overseas empire has brought us wealth and power, and the dream of a completely unified Italy has almost become a reality.

Religion1592AAR.png

Europe1592AAR.png

World1592AAR2.png

----------
Reward: -1 inflation.
Word Count: 650

Please excuse the world map's lower quality, I've been messing around with it.

You've all seen the balance of power charts, but here is a chart that describes Italy's make up:
PieChartscopy.gif

Last edited:
Man that's pretty much an Italian Africa. I would watch the Byzantine though, they're the only ones who seem to be able to challenge your North African dominance. And you should probably start converting the Africans to Christianity.

Hey everyone,
I need a sub for next Sunday since i wont be able to show up.
If anyone is willing to play with the Netherlands Sunday, I'd be glad.
You guys can respond via-PM. I'll reply with a list of things I wanted to do next week.