• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A very interesting AAR :) (especially since you accually did run into a lot of trouble and did not end the game owning half of mainland US.)

What made your TC go so high? Partisans? Just the sheer amount of territory? I heard partisans went away after a while if you annexed a nation, so partisans ought to be dropping in numbers in the north and south of China, was it so?

Dan Cook said:

Transport capacity, it affects how much a unit can be supplied, if you go over your TC it takes longer to supply units, they fight worse and they gain reinforcements slower.

Nice AAR, and useful to me; I'm about to start as Japan. My main question is strategic. Shouldn't the main Japanese goal be the southern resource area -- Indochina, the Dutch East Indies, the Phillipines? And then establish a perimeter in the Pacific to keep the USA at bay? Is it possible to fight a holding action in China? That was, more or less, the historical Japanese approach, no? Not that it succeeded, but Japan historically really needed the oil and resources from the Netherland East Indies.