• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((So does that make you a Reformer hiramimmid?

My plan is from the book 1984.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

Then the Communist Revolution. Then eventually more boot on the face.))

(( A very old Altair should get a promotion to a duke for his unwavering support for the regent eh? Speaking of which, the crackdown is just. The parliament as a whole has betrayed Hispania itself and a thorough investigation should be conducted before any action is taken. As the senior member of the Imperials Altair will continue to support the regent in these difficult times.(Altair was born in 1760), he was really a yongin when he joined parliament. I might even play the last few years of his life in Victoria II depending on how things pan out. ))

Ruler of Hispania: Regent Joan

((So does that make you a Reformer hiramimmid?

My plan is from the book 1984.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

Then the Communist Revolution. Then eventually more boot on the face.))
((Less reforms, more explosion. ;) I love Greek tragedies, so the downfall of a great empire into nothingness is mighty fine. ;) Of course, my characters will try to save it, but their idealogical persistence I plan to use against them. :cool: My character will try to create and uphold utopias, but I know that utopias are just states that fall harder. :D ))

((Less reforms, more explosion. ;) I love Greek tragedies, so the downfall of a great empire into nothingness is mighty fine. ;) Of course, my characters will try to save it, but their idealogical persistence I plan to use against them. :cool: My character will try to create and uphold utopias, but I know that utopias are just states that fall harder. :D ))

((Reformer is our Reactionary party.))

((Reformer is our Reactionary party.))
((In that case, probably. Though I may eventually start a Proletariat of God, as I mean more authoritarian right than economically right.))

((In that case, probably. Though I may eventually start a Proletariat of God, as I mean more authoritarian right than economically right.))

((So like a Communist? Then me and O5 have a proposal for you...))

((All this talk of communism and making Hispania implode makes me think that the Trastámaras should start buying real estate in foreign countries. :p))

((Don't humor yourself, the mutual understanding was destroyed when the Tyrant Joan executed Members of Parliament without trial. Just because Joan is puppet of an antiquated and elitist faction ought to not justify his deification.

I do have to be honest, speaking more OOCly, that this would be a lot more interesting if we had new characters and could do some IC stuff with it.))

((I probably was a bit too vague on the matter, but Joan didn't just execute men with trial. All the members of the coup who were executed were tried, although I suppose some might consider the proceedings biased. Then again, it's hard not to be charged with treason when you're literally caught in the act of attempting to overthrow the government. :p The members of Parliament who were only loosely implicated or had no ties were let go.

I have thought about it a bit and I'm thinking that I may make the events following the clash between Joan and Ferran an IC event, depending on how it turns out. Not sure how I would do it exactly, seeing as anything that happens during that period can only have a minimal impact on the game or else it halts my conversion efforts. Could be fun having a quasi-civil war before the Vicky 2 part begins, provided things spiral further downward.))

((Does anybody realize that there's no way that Pere's stayed alive for this long? To my understanding most people who go into comas today last a few months before dying or recovering, so it's safe to say that if Pere hasn't recovered by now with 19th century medical technology he's probably dead.))

Ruler of Hispania: Crown Prince Ferran

(( I hope all of you are happy with your choices now that the commoners have no say, and we're turning pretty much into what Hispania would look like if the Phoenixes won :p
Here's you "Long live Hispania".

Anyway, the Crown Prince is the only legitimate claiment to me, and possibly the only way to avoid and all out revolution. ]

((Does anybody realize that there's no way that Pere's stayed alive for this long? To my understanding most people who go into comas today last a few months before dying or recovering, so it's safe to say that if Pere hasn't recovered by now with 19th century medical technology he's probably dead.))

((Fortunately this is fiction and I can put him in a coma for as long as I want. Think of him as Sleeping Beauty, but without the Beauty part. :p For all we know, he's alive and not even in a coma anymore and just lets Joan do everything so he doesn't have to accept any responsibilities. The possibilities are endless. :D))

((Fortunately this is fiction and I can put him in a coma for as long as I want. Think of him as Sleeping Beauty, but without the Beauty part. :p For all we know, he's alive and not even in a coma anymore and just lets Joan do everything so he doesn't have to accept any responsibilities. The possibilities are endless. :D))

((That was my theory except a sudo combination between letting Joan run things and Joan saying I'm running things you're under House Arrest and Pere just saying alright. But only another coup attempt will tell! ))

Ruler of Hispania: Regent Joan

((Until proven otherwise, the Emperor is alive. Therefore the regency is valid. If new developments prove this wrong, I may be forced to change my decision, but that isn't happening. Time to collapse the wavefunction I suppose.))

((That was my theory except a sudo combination between letting Joan run things and Joan saying I'm running things you're under House Arrest and Pere just saying alright. But only another coup attempt will tell! ))

((I should write up a list of these so there are even more possibilities that could happen. Maybe Pere is in a coma or even dead. Maybe he is under house arrest and simply doesn't want to rule. Or maybe the person in Pere's bed isn't actually the Emperor and the real Pere is dead, or he has just been lounging on a beach somewhere in Nuevo Leon for the past decade. Perhaps Pere and Joan are actually the same person but he just wears a lot of makeup and a wig to fool people. Or, most shocking of all, the body in Pere's bed is actually Alfons IX, who is now immortal and is just taking a very long nap. The last few are probably a stretch though. :p))

((My vote may seem contradictory, but I'll briefly explain my point of view...

First, regent Joan is a smart guy. And he's done the dirty work already, crushing the seditious part of the ruling class. He can think about keeping the power for good. Only the doubts about the emperor's condition make his legitimacy weak, and only on quite a symbolic level.

Second, I assume the emperor is dead now, and if he is not, Joan would be wise to make it happen, which shouldn't be so hard given he alone controls the doctors around him. Now that the Empress is gone, nobody will ever know. The edge between coma and death is so thin. And it's so easy to put a pillow on the face of someone completely still, just for a few minutes.

Third, Prince Ferran doesn't seem to be so fond of politics. He would just be a perfect puppet between the hands of Joan as Prime Minister. I can perfectly see a long, secret and fruitful discussion between the two men coming around, as the prince is arriving to the capital. For the new era beginning, the Empire needs a young leader, with an experimented man at his side. Remember : If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change...))

So :
Ruler of Hispania: Crown Prince Ferran :D

((I should write up a list of these so there are even more possibilities that could happen. Maybe Pere is in a coma or even dead. Maybe he is under house arrest and simply doesn't want to rule. Or maybe the person in Pere's bed isn't actually the Emperor and the real Pere is dead, or he has just been lounging on a beach somewhere in Nuevo Leon for the past decade. Perhaps Pere and Joan are actually the same person but he just wears a lot of makeup and a wig to fool people. Or, most shocking of all, the body in Pere's bed is actually Alfons IX, who is now immortal and is just taking a very long nap. The last few are probably a stretch though. :p))

((At this point Pere's either dead, in which case Joan must legally step down as regent, or alive and able to carry out his duties, in which case Joan also must legally step down as regent. Either way Joan has no legal right to remain regent.))

((At this point Pere's either dead, in which case Joan must legally step down as regent, or alive and able to carry out his duties, in which case Joan also must legally step down as regent. Either way Joan has no legal right to remain regent.))

((Who says Pere has to be both alive and capable of ruling? Both of those are mutually exclusive. ;)

Also, don't take all my random comments as hints. I'm probably going to do a RNG roll to determine Pere's fate, but I have come up with scenarios for both Pere being alive and dead that should open the possibility for either Joan or Ferran to come out on top depending on their level of support and how they act after the truth is revealed. This is all being made up as a go, like making Joan regent to begin with. That was never planned; it just happened due to the closeness of the assassination roll. Glad it did though since Regent Joan is way more interesting and exciting than Prime Minister Joan. :p))

((What I meant that Pere is either dead (and thus Joan must step down) or not in a coma (in which case Joan is still obligated to step down). Even if Pere doesn't want to rule Joan can't be Regent. Either way Joan must go.))

((I too believe it to be a bit long for a person in a coma to have survived this long, with 19th century medicine. But you never know. I'll gamble.))

((An incredibly close vote, and one decided by a single vote. That closeness is going to greatly affect the results.

Now for me to do the roll to determine whether Pere is actually alive or dead, and then on to the update. I'll be honest, my motivation is pretty low today, partly because there are other things I'd rather be doing. *cough* Zelda *cough* I was originally going to write up a massive IC post detailing the meeting of Joan and Ferran, but I don't really have it in me today. Also, seeing as whatever I wrote would technically be private, it might bias people in loyalty towards one or the other. Might be better to let everyone know the gist of what happened without the details so you can form your own opinion at first. I'll explain a bit more about what I mean after the update.))