• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private - Illuminati @zenphoenix @hirahammad ))

Greetings, I do believe it's been too long since we have met like this.

But on to important matters. This war with Malwa is likely to be hard, and I would like to maximize our chances of victory. The Phoenix War taught us that he who has the most Armies on the field has the advantage, along with he who controls the Fleets.

I would like for two Exercits of our reserves to be put on active duty, 78 regiments I believe. This is two more regiments than we can sustain but as the Romanian lands become closer to us, I believe this burden will be removed.

I would like this to happen before the War so we can have numerical superiority, and I will delay it to ensure that this happens. Also, please convince the good Treasurer to allow such an action and support taking loans to accelerate the process. We can levy payment from Malwa to counter this if needed.

Also, I do believe Saint-Pierre would make a great member of our little group. I have heard stirrings of the merchants organizing into a political faction and his support can insure this group's actions aline with ours.

Parta Marina ( Marine party )
CmSwYWa.png

Ideologies: Merchant Interests, Achieving/Maintaining Thalassocracy, Pro-Foreign Influence, Sustaining Strong Economy, Pro-Navy, Pro-Colonialism, ( May add more )​

The party formed sometime between 1773 and 1778 after the Crown has denied many requests of support from trading companies. The merchants, displeased with the lack of influence decided to band together to represent their interests, most of them being members of either the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company or the Indian Trading Company. After some prominent members of the navy decided to join, Parta Marina as it is know today was formed.

The Party focuses their efforts in maintaining a strong navy to protect Hispanian presence around the globe as well as safeguard shipping lanes in order to keep the Empire's economy strong and competitive on the international stage. Parta Marina strongly supports foreign influence, to allow merchants trade with other nations, as well as creation of trading outposts in less developed countries to strengthen Hispanian commerce power. Members tend to keep their minds open to various issues, however they show strong support for the Monarchy.

After organizing itself, the party seeked support of the Saint-Pierre family, famed for focus on trade and economy of the Empire, as well as some of great Hispanian Admirals and few generals, which gladly accepted, with Charles Gustave de Saint-Pierre, at that time Executive of TATC, taking the leadership of the party to fulfill its agenda.

The members wear deep blue rosettes to recognize each other in the Assembly and Cortz, adopting blue as the official party color, due to how much the party has to do with the sea.

Last edited:
((So the Parliament now knows about war plans? We should make it official to prevent any confusion.))

"We have tried action. Often enough we have tried, yet each time the old elites have stopped the reforms. Which is why the faction I founded bears the name of change, of resistance, even if we do not hold any ties to the military or use any force. We, as all liberal thinkers in the Assembly, are enemies of the few who rule, and as such I wanted to have everyone think of 'opposition' when they hear the faction's name. Call us as you want. Our goal doesn't change, and that is an empowered Assembly.
The old elites believe only in their own profits, and are now willing to make tremendous mistakes! These wars the head of the Ancients thinks necessary are confounding their previous diplomatic efforts just as much as they ridiculize Hispania.
'A fast and complete victory', 'a swift and clean war'. Doesn't that sound great? Yet it stays a war. What she calls swift and clean still is the death sentence for thousands of men, women and children. Not just Scots and their allies. Also Hispanian lives. The same is true for Malwa, a war she expects to be harder and that necessites most of our forces. The losses are even greater! And what for? For some alleged claims that they burn the widows of their men? No. For pure profit of the few, for their own power.
Now look at it another way. I said ridiculize. Why? Under the Dowager Empress' leadership, Hispania sought an alliance with Bavaria. What for? The nation can hardly help out Hispania in any way, so it has to be to prevent it from being absorbed into Germany or Austria. In some way a noble goal, would it be true, to serve as guarantor of peace in Europe. But I doubt this is the motivation behind the decision. Instead, merely a personal feud against the late Chancellor of Germany and former leader of the rebellion, paired with a demonstration of her power and simply a will not to let Germany be more powerful. Either way, the Germans have made it perfectly clear that as soon as we find ourselves at war with Austria, Bavaria falls. Does she not remember? Then what use is the strengthened guarantee if Bavaria is annexed? It only proves two things: Hispania doesn't care. And it is Hispania itself that breaks European peace, just as we did against Poland - without informing the Assembly - so any naive idolization ends there as well. Ridiculous, hardly to be trusted.
And Malwa? Even worse. Hispania has most of its forces overseas - for the Germans, time to strike against Bavaria. Either Hispania tries to fulfil its promise, or we will find ourselves alone. I believe the three Valois crowns would rather cooperate with each other, and this is a war that would be at a great cost.

Another of the countless reasons why there has to be a change! No war now! But to end the Ancients' influence before some terrible decision is made that will damage the Empire!"

((Minister of Trade plan:
Build 2 trade vessels for each trade fleet

My computer broke and I need to fix it, hopefully, I should be able to actually access EU4 and test the trade stuff so I can make a good/real plan for next week, although it is awkward for me since I never really bothered with trade since it was too complicated for me.))

If it is wealth you desire, then that can be arranged.

I propose a sale of all of Scotland's Colonies in the New World at one hundred and twenty percent assessed value. This value will be determined by joint decision by our Treasurey and yours.

If your King is wise and you Steward able, they should be able to turn this gold into wealth in a location where your country will not be aggravating a vastly superior military power. Refusal of any part of these terms will result in the Empire taking military action.

((Should you agree Mike, include this in the voting on whether Parliament accepts this treaty.))

Very well, we shall accept this offer in principle. The price, of course, will be up for debate. I am certain your people will be inclined to value our colonies at lower than they are worth, while surely we will be accused of over appraising the value of our own possessions. His Majesty also requests that Scotland be paid 150% of the assessed value, for our nation will be losing land and thus a source of revenue. Establishing new colonies will be a costly venture, and the extra gold will greatly serve in this matter. Surely Hispania, the richest nation in the world, can afford this with little difficulty.

Your Grace,
I am certain that you have heard of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company's ventures in the Arabian Peninsula, as my predecessors saw a great oportunity in there. Today I wish to ask you for support, as some people upset with the current situation decided to take matters in their own hands, something that the Arab governments so far avoided, and raided our trading outposts, burning opium, alongside other goods, thus damaging TATC's profits, and due to agreement between my family, and the Company, cutting profits of the Crown. I ask you for monetary recompensation, as well as issuing requests to the Arab governments for troops to be stationed in the area in case of another assault.
I hope for a peaceful resolution of the matter, however we cannot forget that the Company is a Crown agency, and an attack against it is an attack against Hispania.

Respectfully,
Charles Gustave de Saint-Pierre,
Executive of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company

JpsioAG.png

I admit I have not heard of problems in Arabia. The area has been quiet of late. I shall send word to the Arab governments of these incidents and see if anything can be done about it.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons IX de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((Sorry for the late vote. I was out and about for most of the day. The members of the Assembly need to choose a Speaker, so only those who vote through the Assembly should vote on this one. I see we have a new act to consider, and as for the agreement with Scotland, while the details have not been decided fully yet, we can vote on whether or not to accept buying the Scottish colonies in principle. We'll also be picking a new mission and idea group. Keep in mind the latter two will be determined using the old voting system, and the idea group one is tiered so put your favourite choice first. I've included screenshots for them as well.

Speaker (Assembly Only): Emiliano Faixòn ((alscon))/Francesco Torres ((Imperial NPC))/Abstain
Operational Security Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Buy Scotland's Colonies?: Yes/No/Abstain

Mission: Sikumiut/Scotland/Abstain
Idea Group:
3.​

Players have until Saturday at 12PM PST to vote. Please bold your vote and include your character's name, class, house, and party.

9wJmQiV.jpg
))

Speaker (Assembly Only): Francesco Torres (Imperial)
Operational Security Act: Abstain
Buy Scotland's Colonies?: Yes

Mission: Scotland
Idea Group:
1. Trade
2. Maritime
3. Naval

(( Courtier, TATC bonus, Assembley, Parta Marina / Independent ))

EDIT: Added VP
EDIT 2:Added house and party

Last edited:
Operational Security Act: Yes/No/Abstain

Idea Group:
1. Trade
2. Maritime
3. Naval

(( Courtier, TATC bonus ))

EDIT: Added VP

((You forgot to put a vote for the Operational Security Act. I'll count it as abstain for now, but feel free to just edit the vote to fix it and I'll change it.))

Reactions:
Operational Security Act: Yes

Idea Group:
1. Trade
2. Maritime
3. Naval

Joaquin Villanova
((Courtier, Colonist, Minister of Trade, Independent Assemblyman))

Speaker (Assembly Only): Francesco Torres ((Imperial NPC)) ((to guide the Assembly NPCs))

Mission: Sikumuit
Idea Group:
1. Trade
2. Naval
3. Influence

((You forgot to put a vote for the Operational Security Act. I'll count it as abstain for now, but feel free to just edit the vote to fix it and I'll change it.))

(( Whoops, I guess I did :p
Well the good-ish thing is I wanted to abstain anyway, since I wanted to think more about my stance on it is.
After I decide I'll be sure to let you know of the change.))

Speaker (Assembly Only): Francesco Torres ((Imperial NPC)) ((to guide the Assembly NPCs))

Mission: Sikumuit
Idea Group:
1. Expansion
2. Diplomatic
3. Influence

(( @wzhang29 ))
Dear Minister,
I would kindly ask for the position in the ranks of the Hispanian admirality, as I wish to serve our great nation and I am often at sea, either traveling around the Empire, or take care of business.
While I have not graduated from the Naval Academy my family was always close to the sea, sometimes seeing it as our second home. We have a long and proud naval tradition, so commanding or organizing small armadas of ships is not new to me. I am also certain that after few years of performing my duty as an officer of the Hispanian navy I would gain enough experience to justify this exception.
I am a hardworking, honest and fast learning man, so adjusting to the new role would come easy to me. I'm also quite certain that the sailors would respect my authority due to my name, as we, the Saint-Pierres, always tried to take good care of the navy and all the men working hard on the countless ships flying the Hispanian flag.
Thank you for taking your time to consider my request, I hope that you see reason in it and fulfil it.

Respectfully,

P.S. You may have heard the news about the newly founded Parta Marina. It would be an honor to welcome you as a member of it. The reason why I mention this is due to the importance and well-being of the Hispanian Navy to every member of the party.

(( @DragonOfAtlantis ))
Dear Minister,

I address you with this letter both in the name of the company I represent and on a personal level.
However first I shall speak for the TATC.
As you may have heard the Company has fallen on some hardship in the past few years, mostly in the region of Arabia. I hope that we could request some aid from the government to get things in the proper order. Of course the borrowed funds would be returned. While I understand that this request may fall under Minister of Finance's domain I write to you due to the situation being a matter of trade, not pure finance. Another reason why I direct this request to you, and not the Minister of Finance is the respect that the Company and I hold you and your family in.
As for the personal matter, I shall keep it short. You may have heard of newly founded Parta Marina. I would ask you to consider joining it, so we can work together to protect the rights of merchants and other people belonging to the middle class, like colonists. It would come to no surprise that colonies are crucial to trade, so of course they are important to the party and we seek to continue the colonial expansion that went on for centuries.
I only ask you to consider it, and wish to tell you that you will always be welcome in the party, even if you decline this offer now. Many sailors and merchants respect your family name, so I'm certain that you would hold an important role in Parta Marina

With all due respect,

(( Also, here's my change to the vote

Operational Security Act: Abstain -> Yes ))

After speaking to our colonists about expected costs of founding a colony and taking your request into account, we are willing to offer one and a third assessed value for your all your New World colonies. My nation's foremost colonists and my review of our more recent colonization records shows that this would be a fair price for both the land and the efforts that went into it by you country.

Remember that the assessment team will be jointly Scottish and Hispanian to ensure that the assessed value will not to be the disadvantage of either nation.

After sending the letter, Sophia turned her attention to a gift from one of the Dukes in the Imperial Faction. A simple banner, with an emblem on it. Was that truly Tyrian Purple? The Empress sniffed the dyed section of the emblem and quickly recoiled. While faint, only Tyrian Purple had such a foul odor. Turning to the rest of the emblem she couldn't help but notice the gold and silver on it. But what truly got her attention was the writing. Pro Imperatorem Imperimque. For Emperor and Empire. Fitting for her Faction.

WiGgAa3.png

Reactions:
After speaking to our colonists about expected costs of founding a colony and taking your request into account, we are willing to offer one and a third assessed value for your all your New World colonies. My nation's foremost colonists and my review of our more recent colonization records shows that this would be a fair price for both the land and the efforts that went into it by you country.

Remember that the assessment team will be jointly Scottish and Hispanian to ensure that the assessed value will not to be the disadvantage of either nation.

His Majesty finds this agreement acceptable and concedes to selling all our colonies at one and a third assessed value. We shall dispatch our most qualified colonists to coordinate with your men to assess the colonies to determine the fairest price for both sides. His Majesty hopes that this shall serve as the first step towards improved relations between our two nations.

Faixón turned towards the Imperials and Reconquistadores in the Assembly as he rose to speak. Being at the edge of the seats, it seemed directed to all present.
"We are on the way to make another mistake. Oh, not we, that would be wrong. Our overlords, who are graciously taking their time to listen to what we say before paying it no attention at all. And you know what? That nuisance will be gone soon, too! Rejoice!"
He raised a finger.
"Soon, everything will be confidential, so the noisy assemblymen have no reason to criticize any decision - as they don't even know them!"
He raised another finger.
"We will have a bootlicking servant as our man to get to know about the decisions, so that he can safely keep the silence! For the boots this man is licking will make sure that the Minister of the Interior no longer comes from our ranks to share any information, as their enmity is well known."
He raised a third finger.
"There will be a costly war for some land far away only the smallest friction of the population will ever benefit from!"
He lowered his hand.
"All of that will happen! I am just awaiting the day when it is no longer 'long live the emperor', but 'long may the Imperials reign'! Everything happens because they want it. His Imperial Highness' reforms are only enacted if it doesn't damage their power. And with these changes", he began to laugh, "they won't even have to go to the trouble of listening to annoying responses from the Assembly any more! Ask yourselves why you were elected. To represent those whose votes brought you here. Would they want to hear, as an answer to the question why their sons died in some godforsaken corner of India, a 'I never knew about that'. Would they want to hear that an extra tax was levied, but that the reasons for it were 'confidential'? Would they react kindly to the fact that the price of bread tripled, but the Assembly doesn't seem to care? Certainly they would not.
Either this Assembly can finally take the role it was created for, or His Imperial Highness would be better advised to abolish it completely. For Absolutism at least provides a reason for this mistreatment! For what is Hispania now? Nothing but an oligarchy reigned by the masters of these men", he pointed towards the appointed, Imperials and Reconquistadores, "an oligarchy with an iron grip around the Emperor, who never wanted to be a puppet, who fought against it when times were dire, but who now finds himself as being exactly that. And who is to blame?"
Faixón paused.
"Not the true rulers. The Assembly, for apparently it cannot do what it has been created for. Thank you."

((Speaker (Assembly Only): Emiliano Faixòn
Operational Security Act: No
Buy Scotland's Colonies?: No

Idea Group:
1. Administrative
2. Trade
3. Espionage

[Courtier, elected Assembly, Fénix]))

Speaker: Abstain
Operation secruity act: No
Buy Scotland's Colonies: Yes
Ideas
  1. Administrative
  2. Trade
  3. Expansion
the vote of Duke de Soneta di Belmonte

As Faixòn gave his speech, Charles watched and listened, pondering if he should speak as well, a calm and thoughtful. He waited for the man to finish, giving the other gentleman gathered a moment to react before standing up and clearing his throat, hopefully to gain the attention of his fellow assemblyman, the serene look on his face still there. He waited few more seconds before speaking in a crisp, clear voice
"Monsieur Faixòn, if I may have a word." He gave a small bow, before straightening and cupping his chin "While the Operational Security Act is concerning, and before you say anything, yes I do support it however that's not what's important at the moment, you say speak of an oligarchy, lead by Facción Imperial and Partido Reconquista, and how everything that happens due to their whim. However must I remind you that most of the Assembly does not align with either of them. And since the independents make up the majority it is up them to decide what goes through."
Charles stopped to take a short breath, looking around the room, rubbing his brows in thought before continuing.
"However that's not why I wished to address your speech. You see, what got my attention are your words concerning the upcoming war, and how it will affect people of Hispania. You say that only a fraction will benefit, however this is where you are wrong. You see, gaining more power in the region allows our merchants to benefit from it, thus securing more goods and more wealth to be eventually distributed to the rest of the population. After all funds do not stay in possession of a single person for a long amount of time. We merchants have to pay for the good we sell, we have to pay for ships and the crew, we have to pay for guards to escort our caravans. And so the funds that merchant had are fractured and travel down the chain. Gold circulates around the country like blood flows in our veins, allowing the country to prosper. That is why you are mistaken by thinking this war will bring benefit to few. Be gaining more land, more gold and more goods all of Hispania will benefit. It may be a slow change, however each citizen of Hispania will profit out of it. It is true the tax will be increased for the time of the conflict, however with time the losses will be made up, and with even more time the people can only gain on it. We must keep in mind that the enemy we will be facing is technologically inferior, their strategy is nowhere near matching ours, thus the losses should be small, and the reward will be more than sufficient to make up for it. To put it simply: You cannot gain anything without taking a risk to lose something."
The Saint-Pierre looked around the Assembly hall, giving a small nod
"Thank you all for your attention, this would be all from me."
He finished, sitting back on his seat, and once more analytically looking around the room in silence.

Mission: Sikumiut

Idea Group:
1.Trade
2. Defence
3. Influence

Minister of Finance plans: Keep it the same ((It's still a valid plan and it's kind of hard to change the aspects of it so it's not the same))

Martí de Alvaro, Grand Duke of Sardinia, Corsica and Albenga, Minister of Finance and member of Partido Reconquista

Last edited:
((@05060403))
Dear Señor Saint-Pierre,

I will of course do what I can to ensure funding can reach the TATC for the purpose of Arabian trade. However, on the topic of politics, while I do support the Parta Marina, I am obligated to decline your request to join. I am one of the 75 appointed members of Parliament and thus, required to be an Independant.

Sincerely,
Joaquin Villanova,

Minister of Trade