• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"I would like to remind the members of this chamber that, from among the parties which ran in the 1776 election, a majority of the seats won by them are held by parties that endorse liberalism, and I believe the same to be true of the independent members of this chamber, although they are certainly free to voice their opinions.

"I must admit that, having fought against the Fenixists of the Succession War, the choice to name a party after a rather notorious militant faction is one which I find mildly concerning, despite the fact that this new faction appears to have little to do with those whose name they bear. It is for this reason - and this reason alone - that I must reserve an endorsement of their leader for the Speakership until such a time that any concerns which I currently have are addressed through action - not through verbage.

"Regardless, I urge my fellow parliamentarians to oppose the Member for Asturias. What we need is not a crony with no experience, no history, and no demonstrated capacity for the office. We need an individual who has proven himself willing to argue and fight for the interests of his constituents, as well as Hispania. I can not properly comment on whether the Member for Asturias is such an individual, as I have not previously heard him speak on any matter of national interest."

Cibran Arceo,
Minister of the Interior,
MA for Western Galicia

((@BelisariustheGreat Come on back if you want! I jumped right in a while back despite not being involved at the start and I did well, and Firehound (although not a new face) has rejoined and has been very present. Give it another try.))

The Empress Dowager has released her plan as Minister.

((
War with Scotland to take their colonies. They have encroached and now its time for them to get whacked.
After Scotland is dealt with, War with Malwa for their trade bonus provinces in the Goa, and any high trade power provinces available for conquest, I would like to get the bonus merchant from them soon.
Send a diplomat to Germany to Improve relations until capped.
Colonists are to focus on available land in Indonesia and the Philippines.
))

IMG_3822.jpg

Name :
Gaspar Melchor de
Jovellanos
DoB : 5th January of 1744
Class : Courtier
House : Assembly
Party : Los Campos
Religion: Catholic
Bio :

((The character I'm using is real! He was an spanish philospher!))

Born as a second son to a minor noble family from Gijon, Gaspar's father decided that Gaspar should serve the church. But real early the young man discovered his Interest for works of philosophers of the Age of Enlightment, for poems and for writing Theater plays. He saw that Hispania would need changes to survive the new time, to survive the ninetheenth century, and so he studied law at the Universities of Oviedo, Alcalá and Gijon. He began to write his first critiques and got the attention of his professors. Nowadays he is sitting in the Assembly. He's appointed for Seville.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Okay... I should stop saying i would end/stop something. My problem is: three days later i do this thing again...:/ xD. Could I try it a last time???? I mean: Could i try it a last time to get into this iAAR??:p))

((Glad you decided to make a reappearance. :)))

((Glad you decided to make a reappearance. :)))
((Ha... allmost all my decisions to end/stop something are proofen wrong after two/three days. "I wont eat sweets this year!" Two days later:" I love SWEEETS!!!!!"))

"And of course, once more we see the warmongering ways of our own Minister. I, to be perfectly honest, see no particular reason to war with these nations. Perhaps if you could enlighten us, we may see the merit of this useless warmongering, although this is something I doubt."

"Empress Dowager, you may call me a fool, but why should we attack the scottish? As Senõr von Pölitz already said there is no need for it. We're already the greatest Colonial Empire, why should we fight for some worthless provinces and islands spread all over the world?
"Thank you for paying attention

"Is the encroachment of Scotland upon the colonies reason enough? They are aggressively settling in land near our colonies. It isn't enough for any true benefit for them, but it is in a good position to strike at our colonies. I seek to remove that threat to them.

As for Malwa, the Indian lands are full of wealth. If we were to seize that wealth for ourselves, we will gain more influence, prestige, and power in the world that can be used to ensure our continued prosperity and safety. Also, the Indian people might prove to be good Subjects in time, with their peoples serving with ours in time. The people in the Indian lands already conquered are serving excellently, so why should we not expand?"

JpsioAG.png

I can confirm that Scotland's encroachment into Brazil has raised some concerns. The Ministry of Colonial Affairs has been coordinating with Sanchonia to ensure the Scots don't interfere with Hispanian settlements, but the Scots are showing up in too large a number to contain. Representatives from Sanchonia have expressed their concern that Scotland is claiming valuable land near their borders and blocking future expansion. We must also keep in mind this isn't the first time Scotland has interfered with our colonization efforts. It was Scotland who blocked our attempts to connect Nova Hispania and Neuva Granada by land. It seems likely they intend to do the same thing here.

I am not so certain of Malwa. They are reported to have attempted to mimic our ways, although they surely are not as advanced as us. They have some powerful allies in Delhi and Bengal, but what are these Asians nations to us? If the expansion of our colonies can benefit the Hispanian people, then it might be worth pursuing.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons IX de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

The War with Scotland will be swift and clean. They cannot face our full might, and they ally Austria is broken. I fully expect a fast and complete victory.

As for Malwa, things are different. If my reports are accurate, we will need to deploy most of our forces in the area to ensure victory, and even then I would expect heavy losses. In the short term, many will look upon this negatively. But in the long term, when most of the men who died in war would be retired, we will be in a better position. Our Navy will ensure that this war stays over there so no damage will be done to us. And in time we will have Christianized and civilized these savages and will be enjoying the wealth generated from this war, things that will prove to be to our benefit in the years to come.

Did you know that these brutes force widows to throw themselves upon their husband's funeral pyres? Their backwards practices are crimes against the Lord and as the Christian force in the area, it is our duty to enforce righteousness in India.

"Countrymen,

"I believe that the pursuit of a diplomatic solution to the Scotian Crisis would be best. Surely we could come to an agreement with the Scottish which results in clearly defined borders in the colonies. Perhaps the Empress Dowager ought to fulfill her role and pursue a diplomatic solution, rather than demand war in every case. Not a single session of Parliament has gone by in which she has not called for a new war, and, quite frankly, we have no need for such warmongering.

"I yield."

Cibran Arceo,
MA for Western Galicia

A diplomatic solution would work for a relatively small parcel of land, but not for the scale we are speaking about.

Regardless, I will send word to the Scottish Ambassador, but I fully expect to only be further convinced that conflict will be required to ensure the safety of the colonies.

((@Michaelangelo Feel free to feel that Sophia contacts the Scots about a potential settlement. Full surrender of the Scottish Colonies is demanded))

A diplomatic solution would work for a relatively small parcel of land, but not for the scale we are speaking about.

Regardless, I will send word to the Scottish Ambassador, but I fully expect to only be further convinced that conflict will be required to ensure the safety of the colonies.

((@Michaelangelo Feel free to feel that Sophia contacts the Scots about a potential settlement. Full surrender of the Scottish Colonies is demanded))

"It is genuinely amazing to me that such a poor diplomat has been appointed to be this nation's chief diplomatic officer..."

"Perhaps such a sacrifice is needed from us in order to insure the safety of our citizens, and even the safety of those of Scotlands.

And further more, if you wish to only convert the men of Malwa, then perhaps we could send a force of missionaries instead, and not kill anymore of these men, and send anymore to die for your sense of bloodlust. I would hope that others would agree with me about this, most importantly the Pope himself. Unless he fashions himself a hypocrite, with all his talk of the 'horrors of the Fenix' and the actions of the Fenix would only be perpetuated. That of the blood of the young falling on fields, and the suffering of all within the theater of war."

"It is genuinely amazing to me that such a poor diplomat has been appointed to be this nation's chief diplomatic officer..."

"And it amazes me that a member of Cabinet has time to comment on the actions of other Cabinet members when his time would be better served performing his role as Steward."

Duke Matthias calls a scribe to his bedside, and tells the boy to write a letter to the crown, and by extension this fancy new thing they made called government, voicing his support for a war on Scotland. He said it was for reasons of the colonial nature, however, deep down in his heart of hearts, beneath the weak and frail appearance of the poor duke, he just wanted revenge, he felt the blood of his ancestors calling against the dominion that the scots had exerted over the kingdom, for that was all it barely could be said to be now, even that would be too generous to his old fatherland. He smiled with pride at the gleaming suit of armour by the newly crafted windows, his wife must have ordered it polished recently, and the sword, that faithful sword of 1415, still gleaming 360 years after its last sight of significant battle- an amazing testement to it's quality, the sword signified his family, and thus, he soldiered on.

And so it came that a great desire came over the Duke. Indeed it was to immense effort that the Duke lifted himself out from his bed, it had been too long he had done such a task without any assistance, but he endured. It was amazing that this man of such decadence was so frail, his fine brown hair slick with sweat, his frame almost as a skeleton, but still he went. Grasping his cane like a vice, he clambered down the stairs, a most agonising process for him. But he survived. And soon he reached the great doors of his manor, for in the long absence of his family from the courts of Hispania, they had crafted yet more estates for themselves, it helped these successful matches he jovially mused in his head. And so with one great push on the oaken door, he was outside, for the first time in what seemed forever.

his wife, an amazing woman to keep with him through his... challenges as the waiting staff called them, was amazed to find him by the lake, on the bench the two of them had first laid eyes on each other from, she took a seat beside him, and both were happy, even as the night drew in and Matthias's head dropped into a steady droop onto her shoulder, she was content, for she could still feel his warm breath on her breast. She gingerly lifted her frail husband back to the manor, up the stairs, and back to his chambers, as if it had never happened.

"And it amazes me that a member of Cabinet has time to comment on the actions of other Cabinet members when his time would be better served performing his role as Steward."

"I am a member of this nation's Parliament - as well as the Cabinet - and thus must operate under the expectation that I will scrutinize the incompetencies of a member of the Cabinet. If the Empress Dowager believes she is free from criticism because she has been appointed to a position, by all means, she ought to retire from politics and simply live her life apart from the voices and opinion which dare to keep her in check!

"Furthermore, it is a particular mark of the Empress Dowager's capacity for adequately fulfilling her role that she does not seem to realize that the Stewardship has not existed for nearly two decades, and that the position is Minister of the Interior, a name given to it by His Majesty - although we are all already aware that the Empress Dowager has shown that she clearly believes she should be the one sitting upon the throne, and not His Majesty."

Cibran Arceo,
MA for Western Galicia

((Private - Mach Twelve))

It is not in the interest of His Majesty, King James VII Stuart, to surrender land when there is no benefit in doing so. Despite what you may believe, Hispania does not own the New World, something your allies France and Scandinavia seem to recognize. What does Scotland get out of this agreement other than the well-wishes of the Hispanian government? Well-wishes do not finance a nation. The colonies are vital to the Scottish economy and cannot be surrendered without something given in return. His Majesty is willing to negotiate though, if it would mean a peaceful resolution. Offer something in return and His Majesty may change his mind. Perhaps an exchange of colonies. His Majesty may be willing to exchange recent acquisitions in Brazil if Hispania is willing to cede land in Central America and Panama in return. If this does not suit you, then I suggest you make an offer for His Majesty to consider.

Operational Security Act of 1778

I. Matters concerning the recruitment of additional regiments and ships, movement of troops and fleets, declaration of war, and ongoing negotiations with foreign powers are to be held in confidence of the Cabinet unless otherwise allowed by the Emperor due to the sensitivity of such information.

((All Cabinet members are to know the actions of another, and most of those actions are to be shared with Parliament.))

II. The Emperor is free to declare any other policy of his Cabinet as sensitive as well.

((A nice little clause for any extenuating circumstances that may arise if something outside these criteria require it.))

III. Those found to have violated this confidence are to be held guilty of treason against both Crown and Empire.

((And the answer to the question of what happens when someone leaks that information.))

If it is wealth you desire, then that can be arranged.

I propose a sale of all of Scotland's Colonies in the New World at one hundred and twenty percent assessed value. This value will be determined by joint decision by our Treasurey and yours.

If your King is wise and you Steward able, they should be able to turn this gold into wealth in a location where your country will not be aggravating a vastly superior military power. Refusal of any part of these terms will result in the Empire taking military action.

((Should you agree Mike, include this in the voting on whether Parliament accepts this treaty.))

Last edited:
Your Grace,
I am certain that you have heard of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company's ventures in the Arabian Peninsula, as my predecessors saw a great oportunity in there. Today I wish to ask you for support, as some people upset with the current situation decided to take matters in their own hands, something that the Arab governments so far avoided, and raided our trading outposts, burning opium, alongside other goods, thus damaging TATC's profits, and due to agreement between my family, and the Company, cutting profits of the Crown. I ask you for monetary recompensation, as well as issuing requests to the Arab governments for troops to be stationed in the area in case of another assault.
I hope for a peaceful resolution of the matter, however we cannot forget that the Company is a Crown agency, and an attack against it is an attack against Hispania.

Respectfully,
Charles Gustave de Saint-Pierre,
Executive of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company