• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((So ignore every province but one of those Coptic ones? Okay. :p

While I remember, you are one of the people I still need to know a party for, seeing as it's very important for me figuring out party loyalty for various provinces while I devise the new voting system and the composition of the parliament.))
((Velazquez is officially not a member of any party))

Reactions:
((Private - Triumvirate. @zenphoenix @hirahammad ))

I support this measure. I do believe that we should contact the ambassador from Bavaria if we would like to spread this Illuminati there. As for the local branch, I propose we recruit our Chamberlain, and General Dias. Do you have a recommendation from the Assembly?

I support this measure. We must destroy the Phoenix and keep it dead at all costs.

((Hey guys. I'm sorry but i'll leave this fun iAAR. I think i came to late, i missed to many affairs, stories and so on. So John FitzRoy is.... he disappeared. I'm sorry. When @Michaelangelo wi start another one i'll join but this is my last post for this iAAR))

Reactions:
((Hey guys. I'm sorry but i'll leave this fun iAAR. I think i came to late, i missed to many affairs, stories and so on. So John FitzRoy is.... he disappeared. I'm sorry. When @Michaelangelo wi start another one i'll join but this is my last post for this iAAR))

((Sad to see you go, but I understand. You can always just watch events unfold as a lurker instead. :D))

JpsioAG.png

It appears that I must rectify some issues with the Cabinet. With the disappearance of John FitzRoy, we are now lacking both a Chamberlain and a Minister of the Interior. I request that the Cortz begin the process of selecting a new Chamberlain. As for the Minister of the Interior, I would like to offer the position to Cibrán Arceo ((@Firehound15)). He served in the position in the past, so he has the most experience. There is also another change I wish to make to the Cabinet. The Minister of Foreign Affairs has been absent from court for quite some time, and over the past few years he has sent a replacement to perform his duties. Now that replacement has failed to perform the duties assigned to the man who was named Minister of Foreign Affairs to begin with. This bizarre and unprofessional situation cannot continue this way. The Minister of Foreign Affairs is too important a position to be neglected or for the responsibilities be shoved off onto someone else who cannot even perform them. I thus must dismiss the current Minister of Foreign Affairs. In his place, I offer the position to my mother, the Empress Dowager ((@Mach Twelve)). After successfully negotiating the integration of Wallachia and managing relations with both Byzantium and our colonial nations, she has more than enough experience interacting with other nations. I believe that makes her more than suited for the position.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons IX de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((If you two accept the position, feel free to get a plan out some time before the vote ends. It'd be nice to have something to use for the update.))

((With that out of the way, time to start the vote. I managed to set up a system for calculating the composition of parliament for the most part, but the actual voting part still needs work. For this vote, the old system will stay in place. I hope to have everything prepared by the next update. Also, members of the Cortz can now nominate themselves for the position of Chamberlain, and from there we'll vote on who gets the position, although the timing is a bit off and might have to wait until after the update.

We have quite a selection of acts to vote for. There are some conflicting reforms, the first group being the Great Reform and Assembly Act. Just in case they both pass, I'll have a separate vote to see which one people want to take precedence. So if the Great Reform is preferred, it will pass in entirety; if the Assembly Act is preferred, it will override Clauses A and E of the Great Reform where they conflict. I'll also include a similar thing for the Amendment to the Great Reform and the Justice Act, since some clauses conflict. If the Amendment is favoured, it overrides the clauses dealing with the Spymaster and Ministry of Justice, but if the Justice Act is favoured, it overrides the part of the amendment to add a Clause F. It may be noted that both the Great Reform and Abolition of Slavery Act aim to accomplish the same thing. If they both pass, I'll count the Abolition of Slavery Act as an amendment and only include the clauses not mentioned similarly in the Great Reform, like compensating slave owners. It's really only there to ensure slavery is counted on its own just in case the Great Reform does not pass. We also have a mission to pick, so there's that to consider. Anyway, here is the vote.

The Great Reform of 1773: Yes/No/Abstain
Amendment to the Great Reform of 1773: Yes/No/Abstain
The Abolition of Slavery Act: Yes/No/Abstain
The Assembly Reform Act of 1773: Yes/No/Abstain
Preference for Assembly: Great Reform/Assembly Reform Act/Abstain
The Justice Act of 1773: Yes/No/Abstain
Preference for Justice: Amendment to Great Reform/Justice Act/Abstain
The Inquisition Reform Act: Yes/No/Abstain
The Holy Order Reassignment Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Assembly Representation Act: Yes/No/Abstain
The Cortz Reform Act of 1773: Yes/No/Abstain
Mission: Palu/Hungary/Moldavia/Abstain

The vote will last until Saturday at 12PM PST. It's a day longer than usual since Friday is also not a good day for me. Players should bold their votes and include their character's name and class. Also, seeing as it will be required for the new voting system, please include your character's house and party. If you are not in a house, just state "None", and if you are not in a party, just state "Independent".

PajrNft.jpg
))

The Great Reform of 1773: Abstain for now
Amendment to the Great Reform of 1773: No
The Abolition of Slavery Act: Yes
The Assembly Reform Act of 1773: Abstain for now
Preference for Assembly: Assembly Reform Act
The Justice Act of 1773: Yes
Preference for Justice: Justice Act
The Inquisition Reform Act: Yes
The Holy Order Reassignment Act: Yes
Assembly Representation Act: Yes
The Cortz Reform Act of 1773: Yes
Mission: Hungary

Joaquin Villanova ((Independent Assemblyman, Courtier, Colonist, Minister of Trade))
((Are the Great Reform and Assembly Reform Act mutually exclusive? I'm kinda confused on that.))

((You can vote for both, but they have conflicting language as they are different solutions to the same issue. It would be like saying that possession of silk is both legal and illegal at the same time, likely to cause confusion and unneeded problems.))

The Great Reform of 1773: Yes
The Assembly Reform Act of 1773: No
Preference for Assembly: Great Reform
Assembly Representation Act: No
Mission: Moldavia
((Chamberlain: @zenphoenix - I can't nominate myself cause I accept the post of Chancellor, but I would like to exercise my right to choose another.))

((Empress/Chancellor/Viceroy Superior))

((Are the Great Reform and Assembly Reform Act mutually exclusive? I'm kinda confused on that.))

((You can vote for both, but they have conflicting language as they are different solutions to the same issue. It would be like saying that possession of silk is both legal and illegal at the same time, likely to cause confusion and unneeded problems.))

((Yeah, as Mach said. Basically the extra vote for them is to decide which overrides the other if they both pass. It's mostly there because the Great Reform includes clauses unrelated to what is included in the Assembly Reform Act and it'd be unfair to allow the whole Great Reform to possibly fail because people want one clause to be replaced with another reform.))

Further change:

Great Reform: Yes

((Yeah, as Mach said. Basically the extra vote for them is to decide which overrides the other if they both pass. It's mostly there because the Great Reform includes clauses unrelated to what is included in the Assembly Reform Act and it'd be unfair to allow the whole Great Reform to possibly fail because people want one clause to be replaced with another reform.))
((Thanks for the clarification.))

Last edited:
((Chancellor's Plan;

War with Poland for Moldavia (the area around the Black Sea not the province)
Upgrade the Guarantee of Bavaria to Alliance.))

As Chancellor, my first act will be this. We choose to support the independence of the Bavarian and will defend and fight for that independence as if it were ours. In fact, while I may not have the rights to do so, I would like to offer my daughter Sophia in marriage to the royal family of Bavaria to display the gravity of my intentions. Should Austria or Germany seek to annex Bavaria, they will face the Hispanian musket and cannon!

The Great Reform of 1773: Abstain
Amendment to the Great Reform of 1773: Yes
The Assembly Reform Act of 1773: Yes
Preference for Assembly: Assembly Reform Act
Assembly Representation Act: Yes

[Elected Assembly, Camponista]

Cibran Arceo,

Second Minister,
Minister of the Interior,
MA For Galicia

((Chancellor's Plan;

War with Poland for Moldavia (the area around the Black Sea not the province)
Upgrade the Guarantee of Bavaria to Alliance.))

As Chancellor, my first act will be this. We choose to support the independence of the Bavarian and will defend and fight for that independence as if it were ours. In fact, while I may not have the rights to do so, I would like to offer my daughter Sophia in marriage to the royal family of Bavaria to display the gravity of my intentions. Should Austria or Germany seek to annex Bavaria, they will face the Hispanian musket and cannon!

((Private - Cabinet))

"While I do not hold in my grasp the power to force the dismissal of this plan, I must make clear that I will oppose its implementation unless His Majesty's version of the Assembly Reform Act is given support by the Empress Dowager and her allies. I am quite willing to set aside my numerous concerns with the Empress Dowager's continued insistence upon damaging wars, should the Assembly be most appropriately organized.

"Furthermore, I must insist upon an arrangement in which Bavaria may be allowed the power to freely associate itself with the Germans, regardless of the Chancellor's predilection towards war in all circumstances. I hope that this Cabinet will be able to come to an amenable arrangement - one which prioritizes the right governance of this nation as well as an approach to war in which lives are not sacrificed carelessly.

"I state these reservations for the benefit of His Majesty and the Members of His Cabinet."

Cibran Arceo,
Second Minister,
MA for Galicia

((Private - Cabinet))

"While I do not hold in my grasp the power to force the dismissal of this plan, I must make clear that I will oppose its implementation unless His Majesty's version of the Assembly Reform Act is given support by the Empress Dowager and her allies. I am quite willing to set aside my numerous concerns with the Empress Dowager's continued insistence upon damaging wars, should the Assembly be most appropriately organized.

"Furthermore, I must insist upon an arrangement in which Bavaria may be allowed the power to freely associate itself with the Germans, regardless of the Chancellor's predilection towards war in all circumstances. I hope that this Cabinet will be able to come to an amenable arrangement - one which prioritizes the right governance of this nation as well as an approach to war in which lives are not sacrificed carelessly.

"I state these reservations for the benefit of His Majesty and the Members of His Cabinet."

Cibran Arceo,
Second Minister,
MA for Galicia

Unless you are willing to yield all policy making abilities to the rest of the Cabinet associated with the role of Steward, I recommend that you do not attempt to interfere with the policies of the other Ministers and concern yourself with the Steward's responsibilities instead. After all, my son is still waiting for you to act. Its quite telling that you seem too busy concerning yourself with the duties of others to concern yourself with yours.

The Bavarian's wishes will be respected, but their refusal of the German demands shows quite clearly that they would rather be independent and I see no reason to not support it.

((Oh, Minister of the Navy plan: No expansion. Yet. :p))
[Grand Admiral, Admiral, Assembly (Appointed)]

Unless you are willing to yield all policy making abilities to the rest of the Cabinet associated with the role of Steward, I recommend that you do not attempt to interfere with the policies of the other Ministers and concern yourself with the Steward's responsibilities instead. After all, my son is still waiting for you to act. Its quite telling that you seem too busy concerning yourself with the duties of others to concern yourself with yours.

The Bavarian's wishes will be respected, but their refusal of the German demands shows quite clearly that they would rather be independent and I see no reason to not support it.

((Private - Cabinet))

"I will state myself once more, should that be necessary: that I will only allow such a measure to occur if His Majesty's own, vastly superior proposal, is given support by the Chancellor. While I certainly do not have the authority to directly strike it down, as His Majesty does, I have no qualms with bringing my case against an ill-advised proclivity to war to Parliament and to the Public, who I believe will be quite happy to reject this course of action, just as so-called 'royalists' seek to reject their own monarch's compromise.

"I believe quite plainly that the Empress Dowager has shown herself to be incapable of making decisions in her own capacity, and thus I am exceptionally justified in my interest. The Cabinet exists so that we may all discuss matters of state - not that a single one of us should be given the total capacity to decide matters without any oversight whatsoever.

"Additionally, while I acknowledge the Empress Dowager's position within the Imperial Household, I must remind her that it is still out of proper conduct to address His Majesty as 'her son' during an occasion of state, and should abandon her notions of some sort of ill-conceived superiority and freedom from scrutiny unless she desires to throw away the very fabric upon which the new administration of this nation has been organized.

Cibran Arceo,
Second Minister,
Interior Minister,
MA for Galicia

Have you not forgotten that one of the options we were asked to discuss was the conquest of Moldovia? A topic that was brought up by my son no less, and do not claim I can't call him that, after all he is my child.

I believe the current votes cast will show that such a war is popular. I was responding to it by having it happen at the earliest convenience, which is now.

Go ahead, tell Parliament. Even the Polish if you wish! It will not change anything because I would reason that the very people you seek to inform will only cheer when they hear their desire was realized.

((As far as I know, Minister plans are customarily, if not legally required to be,
released, so the people would already know Empress's plan. ))
The Inquisition Reform Act: No
The Holy Order Reassignment Act: No
The Cortz Reform Act of 1773: Abstain

((There was a law passed in 1719 concerning it, but it was for the Court and Small Council. It can be argued that it was not inherited though by Parliament and Cabinet.

Besides, matters of war could be considered an exception to this law as a basic operational security.))