• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Empress Dowager wrote three letters to three people. Hopefully this would fill the current vacancies.

((@ML8991 @BelisariustheGreat @wzhang29))

I am inquiring on your willingness to participate in the government in Valencia. Recent events have left us without a Treasurer, and I believe that you may be a suitable candidate. If you are willing to take up your spot in the Cortz, I would be willing to make you Minister of Finance if you have the credentials.

Sophia de Trastamara

I apologize on being unable to meet with you, my injury is worse than it appears. If you have noticed, I need a new Minister of the Interior. Should you prove that you are up to the task, I will be willing to consider you for the role. Also, if you are to be in Valencia, I would heavily consider taking your seat in the Cortz.

Sophia de Trastamara

If you are uninterested in the affairs of Merchants, I would be willing to find a new Grandmaster who would be interested. Please inform me of your decision.

Sophia de Trastamara.

Reactions:
((With Alvaro's death, that means we need a new Chamberlain. Any member of the Cortz may put themselves forward for the role, and then the Cortz will vote on who they want to be their representative.))

Good Empress Dowager, Sofia de Trastemara nee Mandromedoi,
First of all i have to point out that i hope your injury will get better as soon as possible.
Second of i thank you for your greatious offer. You asked me why i'm the right man for this role as the minister of the interior. Let me tell you why:
I studied advanced economy at the University of Oxford and Firenze.
I've read many books about economic and infrastructual matters that i could discuss with allmost every expert on this science field.
And as the last point i want to say: After the civil war my county was destroyed, badly hurted by this traitors. The fields burned down, Many women widows, the houses destroyed. In a short time i build my county up again, it's no more prosperous then ever.

Of course i will take up my seat in the Cortz.
Submissiv
John Fitzroy
14. Count of Pisa,
11. Marquese of Livorno,
17. Marquese of Pintovechollio
I John Fitzroy will take my rightfull seat in the Cortz and i announce that i'll try to become the Chamberlain of the Cortz

Good Empress Dowager, Sofia de Trastemara nee Mandromedoi,
First of all i have to point out that i hope your injury will get better as soon as possible.
Second of i thank you for your greatious offer. You asked me why i'm the right man for this role as the minister of the interior. Let me tell you why:
I studied advanced economy at the University of Oxford and Firenze.
I've read many books about economic and infrastructual matters that i could discuss with allmost every expert on this science field.
And as the last point i want to say: After the civil war my county was destroyed, badly hurted by this traitors. The fields burned down, Many women widows, the houses destroyed. In a short time i build my county up again, it's no more prosperous then ever.

Of course i will take up my seat in the Cortz.
Submissiv
John Fitzroy
14. Count of Pisa,
11. Marquese of Livorno,
17. Marquese of Pintovechollio
I John Fitzroy will take my rightfull seat in the Cortz and i announce that i'll try to become the Chamberlain of the Cortz

An impressive record. We will see if you can turn learning into results.

Sophia de Trastamara announces John Fitzroy as the new Minister of the Interior.

Plan of the Minister of the Interior
We shall build Universitys, if they haven't beeing build already, in Valencia,Provence,Genoa,Firenze,Roma,
Napoli, Sevilla, Lissboa, Porto, Toledo and Athens.
Further on we should build Grand Shipyards in the following cities: Valencia, Barcelona, Provence, Genoa, Pisa, Roma, Napoli, Palermo, Ancona, Gibraltar, Lissboa, Murcia, Porto and Athens.
We should replace Workshops and Churches(Temples) with Counting houses and Cathedrals in: Teruel, Valencia, Lissboa, Genoa, Provence, Napoli, Firenze, Madrid, Toledo, Porto, Granada, Sevilla, Toledo, La Mancha
Build stock exchanges in Valencia, Teruel, Lissbo, Porto, Genoa, Provence, Firenze, Ferarra.
We had been informed that our money is going into useless research, so we will instead of spending the never ending search for technology, develop the Provinces of: Valencia, Toledo, Madrid, Barcelon, Roma, Napoli and Athens, so that they get better administrated. We want the Provinces of: Valencia, Teruel, Lissboa, Sevilla, Porto, Provence, Genoa, La Mancha, Firenze, Ferarra to be developed in their infrastructur so we can produce more goods and trade better. In Madrid, Cordoba, Zaragoza, Salamanca, Murcia, Pisa, Ferarra and Palermo the local Official shall get a new order for searching for men ((Develop Manpower))

Plan of the Minister of the Interior
We shall build Universitys, if they haven't beeing build already, in Valencia,Provence,Genoa,Firenze,Roma,
Napoli, Sevilla, Lissboa, Porto, Toledo and Athens.
Further on we should build Grand Shipyards in the following cities: Valencia, Barcelona, Provence, Genoa, Pisa, Roma, Napoli, Palermo, Ancona, Gibraltar, Lissboa, Murcia, Porto and Athens.
We should replace Workshops and Churches(Temples) with Counting houses and Cathedrals in: Teruel, Valencia, Lissboa, Genoa, Provence, Napoli, Firenze, Madrid, Toledo, Porto, Granada, Sevilla, Toledo, La Mancha
Build stock exchanges in Valencia, Teruel, Lissbo, Porto, Genoa, Provence, Firenze, Ferarra.
We had been informed that our money is going into useless research, so we will instead of spending the never ending search for technology, develop the Provinces of: Valencia, Toledo, Madrid, Barcelon, Roma, Napoli and Athens, so that they get better administrated. We want the Provinces of: Valencia, Teruel, Lissboa, Sevilla, Porto, Provence, Genoa, La Mancha, Firenze, Ferarra to be developed in their infrastructur so we can produce more goods and trade better. In Madrid, Cordoba, Zaragoza, Salamanca, Murcia, Pisa, Ferarra and Palermo the local Official shall get a new order for searching for men ((Develop Manpower))

"My fellow Members of the Assembly,

"I must caution against the proposal of the Minister of the Interior, mainly due to a combination of contradictory claims and the harm which may outright be wrought upon our nation by its implementation. Namely, that while education - in the form of universities - is supposedly a target for expansion, and, undoubtedly, an important one, as it is named first in his plan, there is an outright rejection of research, even going as far as to call it "useless." Certainly, history has proven that knowledge is never useless, as well as that technology has decided the victors in the vast majority of historical instances.

"While I support in many ways other elements of the proposal, and I do believe it is otherwise fine, I must call for the Prime Minister to reject this plan in favor of an amended version, such that the concerns posed may be addressed and that, rather than holding our nation back, we be allowed to advance in the pursuit of prosperity and justice.

"Thank you."

Cibran Arceo,
M.A. for Galicia

(( I looked in the Spam folder below the last update, and saw that we have to pay between 150 and 190(?)% for every tech. I don't know how to fomulate this in an other way:p @Firehound15))

------

I have to agree to Segnor Cibran Arceo, that my first plan of ending the funds for technology, is not good for our country at all. So'll change this point: We will use the half of our funds for technology research to develop our provinces. The provinces to develop, and in wich way we develop them will stay the same

Last edited:
A message from the Empress arrived to the Parliament meeting.

We need to consider the madness that has swept Byzantium due to the lasting effects of their Civil War. Some are orchestring witch hunts are by using accusations that their enemies were Mandromenoi in hiding or their supporters to eliminate them. If we consider only the creditable reports, each member of the Mandromenoi alive at the end of the war has been executed three times and their servants were five times the number reported in their records.

The lose of life has resulted in too few workers in the fields and too few soldiers to maintain order. Bandits roam the countryside and people will surely starve.

Byzantium is in chaos and needs immediate aid. I say we provide it. Should the Parliament vote for it, we will send two of our Exercits to Byzantium along with an significant amount of supplies to aid in rebuilding. Also, we will send men skilled in administration to help them reestablish a functioning government and perhaps have them make some reforms as well.

Sophia de Trastamara

I shall support a motion to deploy troops to help stabilize the East.

(( Sadly I'll have to take my leave from the AAR for the time being. My life is really hectic and I simply don't have enough time to participate as much as I'd want. I'll probably join back once I have things under control and everything is less chaotic.

But for now I'm going to retire from it. If possible my character should stay alive, simply backing out of political life, in case I manage to regain control sooner rether than leter. ))

Reactions:
Etxeto-arms.gif

Coat of Arms of the Etxeto

The desire to intervene in Greek affairs is beyond the scope of this body insofar as we must focus on the development of the domestic over the foreign. Their instability will soon peter out, but until then we must continue to heal the scars of this nation.

Gran Duque Sancho B.B. Etxeto de Etxeto, et al.

Pope Xystus II calls for the entire Catholic world to join in humanitarian aid to the people of Byzantium.

Court Chaplain Velazquez disagrees with Duke Etxeto, saying, "Is not Byzantium a component of this great empire? If the arm and body is infected, will the arm be neglected until it dies, so that one may focus on the torso, or is the entire organism healed unilaterally?"

Always close to the Duke d'Ipar Menedaikakeo, Faixòn grumbled a bit at the hypocrisy of the Dowager Empress. Of course witch hunt against Mandromenoi, for you are one of them. This so-called devastating effect just further proves how different Phoenix was from Pausanias' rebellion. And yet, Phoenix's leaders have been chased as well, the Dowager Empress even willing to go to war for it. She who apparently cares so much for the people. Greeks. And the Pope, Hispanian bootlicker as always. In a quiet moment, he would share his thoughts with the duke, perhaps not the part about the pope, but right now he attentively tried to listen to the responses in the parliament. Who supported what, how they did it. And he dreamt of taking part in it. At some point in the future, he certainly would.

Pope Xystus II calls for the entire Catholic world to join in humanitarian aid to the people of Byzantium.

Court Chaplain Velazquez disagrees with Duke Etxeto, saying, "Is not Byzantium a component of this great empire? If the arm and body is infected, will the arm be neglected until it dies, so that one may focus on the torso, or is the entire organism healed unilaterally?"

Etxeto-arms.gif

Coat of Arms of the Etxeto

It's not, no.

Gran Duque Sancho B.B. Etxeto de Etxeto, et al.

"Fellow Members of the Assembly,

"We find ourselves given a cause in war not through a just means, nor through an assault on this nation and its fair people, but instead through the entanglement which is caused by the appointment of a Greek to the Prime Ministry. Certainly, there would exist no danger to the premier, this nation, or its people, if not for the meddlesome, warmongering spirit of the Empress Dowager, who, seeing the failure of her attempt to embroil us in a war with the Austrians, has decided that it is somehow our duty to sacrifice the lives of common Hispanians for the unjust enterprises of the few.

"I have iterated before, and I shall iterate once more, that I do not believe it to be in the interests of our nation to have a Greek woman as the Prime Minister of Hispania, and that this body ought to recommend that the Emperor select a new, less controversial and less politically dangerous appointee to the esteemed office which he has granted authority. Certainly, while I have the proper degree of respect for the Empress Dowager as the mother of His Majesty, I do not believe her to be qualified or competent enough to appropriately administer in the best interests of all Hispanian people - not only the few.

"Thank you."

Cibran Arceo,
MA for Galicia

(( I looked in the Spam folder below the last update, and saw that we have to pay between 150 and 190(?)% for every tech. I don't know how to fomulate this in an other way:p @Firehound15))

------

I have to agree to Segnor Cibran Arceo, that my first plan of ending the funds for technology, is not good for our country at all. So'll change this point: We will use the half of our funds for technology research to develop our provinces. The provinces to develop, and in wich way we develop them will stay the same

((Well we have a law requiring that I have to invest in development before tech if we're ahead in technology, so I'll never research a tech while there's still an ahead of time penalty.))

(( Sadly I'll have to take my leave from the AAR for the time being. My life is really hectic and I simply don't have enough time to participate as much as I'd want. I'll probably join back once I have things under control and everything is less chaotic.

But for now I'm going to retire from it. If possible my character should stay alive, simply backing out of political life, in case I manage to regain control sooner rether than leter. ))

((The Saint-Pierres will step back for now then. Good luck sorting things out. :)))

"Fellow Members of the Assembly,

"We find ourselves given a cause in war not through a just means, nor through an assault on this nation and its fair people, but instead through the entanglement which is caused by the appointment of a Greek to the Prime Ministry. Certainly, there would exist no danger to the premier, this nation, or its people, if not for the meddlesome, warmongering spirit of the Empress Dowager, who, seeing the failure of her attempt to embroil us in a war with the Austrians, has decided that it is somehow our duty to sacrifice the lives of common Hispanians for the unjust enterprises of the few.

"I have iterated before, and I shall iterate once more, that I do not believe it to be in the interests of our nation to have a Greek woman as the Prime Minister of Hispania, and that this body ought to recommend that the Emperor select a new, less controversial and less politically dangerous appointee to the esteemed office which he has granted authority. Certainly, while I have the proper degree of respect for the Empress Dowager as the mother of His Majesty, I do not believe her to be qualified or competent enough to appropriately administer in the best interests of all Hispanian people - not only the few.

"Thank you."

Cibran Arceo,
MA for Galicia

JpsioAG.png

I'm afraid that I must disagree. It seems that some forget the contributions my mother has made to Hispania. My memory is not so short. If it was not for her steady leadership during the civil war, we'd all be kissing Montségur's feet right now. Even as the Empire went up in flames, she served most ably as Regent and ensured that order was restored. I believe her past actions make her a most excellent choice, despite her being a Greek woman, as you have stated.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons IX de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((Time for the vote. We'll need to figure out our flag, which has been narrowed down to a single choice, which I've included below, and the one we currently have. I'm also putting the policies we enacted during the civil war up to a vote, since they can be removed soon. Might be worth doing so to get our military points up a bit, but that's up to all of you. As for this call to send aid to Byzantium, I'll need something more specific. The sending of troops would fall under the Minister of War's purview, and thus not require a vote, but sending aid is another matter. For now I'm considering it IC fluff unless some specific form of assistance is stated, like sending some ducats or admin points. Probably worth mention that Byzantium's stability is +1 and they have no rebel problems. Also, seeing as only one person put themselves forward as Chamberlain, BelisariustheGreat gets the spot.

Flag: New/Old/Abstain
Field Priests & Soldier's Prayer Books: Keep/Remove/Abstain
Modern Firearm Techniques: Keep/Remove/Abstain
Superior Supply Systems: Keep/Remove/Abstain
Send Byzantium Aid: Yes/No/Abstain

The vote will end on Thursday at 12PM PST. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class. Also, for the landed nobles, I need you to explicitly state that you have accepted the offer to join the Cortz. I just need to be able to distinguish those who decided to retain their feudal rights and thus not participate on the Cortz and those who took the offer.

gHJ1vjJ.png

))

Flag: New
Field Priests & Soldier's Prayer Books: Remove
Modern Firearm Techniques: Remove
Superior Supply Systems: Keep
Send Byzantium Aid: Yes

As Duchess of Athens, I accept membership on the Cortz, even though I can not sit on it.

((
Flag: Old (I don't understand what reason there is for a new flag at all. :confused: ))
Field Priests & Soldier's Prayer Books: Abstain
Modern Firearm Techniques: Abstain
Superior Supply Systems: Abstain
))

((Because eagles are cool.:p))

Alejandro de Leon accepts membership on the Cortz, as he has already handed over most of his feudal powers to locally elected officials after dissolving the Reconquista's intelligence service.

[Marshal, Landed Noble]

Joaquin Villanova