• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I question the need to marry the Romanian girl, but I must do as requested. I presume the suzerainty of the nation shall go the Byzantium? After all, they are only a short way across the Great Danube.

Chancellor Von Politz

I send this letter to you, to question the posisbility of our forces to attack and conquer the state of Egypt. They are weak, and it would be best us to destroy their tiny nation and bring it under our reign, in my opinion of ocurse. But I ask if the force would be ready for such a task.

Chancellor Von Politz

((It has taken me long enough, but might as well get going again, let's see if i can become a bit bigger again))

Name: Matthias Louis Enrique Alfonso de Soneta di Belmonte ((same family mike, but due to the long gap we got some other marriages involved ;) ))

DOB: 17th August 1732

Titles: Prince of Belmonte, Reichfurst of the Holy Roman Empire, Grandee of Spain-1st Class, Duke of Acerenza, Duke d'Ipar Menedaikakeo, Marquis of Argençola, Marquis of Galatone, Count of Copertino, Count of Pirineo, Count of Zaragoza, Count of Urgell

Religion: Christian

Biography: Although the de Soneta family was old and prestigious, they took no part in the civil war. The family shut their high walls, and closed themselves from the world. The loss of Caterina had been hard of the family. But the family still looked outwards, and quickly secured a marriage into the illustrious Fischeii family, formally uniting the houses into one of de Soneta di Belmonte, with recognition of almost all titles, par those of deep seated family tradition, passed onto the heirs of this powerful union.

Now comes forth a new member of the family. Eager to prove his family is still the great name it was, and the experience to show it. With the seclusion of the family, they became masters of lore and knowledge many others were not privy to. Be it texts that the family had imported from the rich Cathy territories, or works found in the great libraries of the protestants, they hoarded all. And thus started a new wave of intelligence in the family, a fact seeming recognised by Matthias's father, who saw it fit to name him after the founder of the ennobled house of de Soneta, only time could tell what will become of this reborn house.

Reactions:
((What are you counting as the Mediterranean fleets? The only non-trade or non-transport fleets we have left are the Grande Armada, the Asiatic Armada, and the remnants of the Armada Colonial. I'd only consider the first a Mediterranean fleet, but it's already at 100 ships in size. The transport fleets are also large enough to carry an army each already. It's trade ships we're lacking, since most were destroyed during the war, although the proposed ships could be added to either of the non-Mediterranean fleets to get them up to size.))

((Derp. Scratch the galleys, then; they have no use in the wide oceans of the Pacific. Use them (and preferably some light ships) to rebuild the Colonial Armada.))

I question the need to marry the Romanian girl, but I must do as requested. I presume the suzerainty of the nation shall go the Byzantium? After all, they are only a short way across the Great Danube.

Chancellor Von Politz

We will see if Byzantium deserves it. And besides, our Emperor needs an Empress and we could use the ability to project our military might in the East if Byzantium becomes a problem. We must be prepared for any Scenario, including my cousin winning.

Sophia de Trastamara

((Derp. Scratch the galleys, then; they have no use in the wide oceans of the Pacific. Use them (and preferably some light ships) to rebuild the Colonial Armada.))

((So basically build it up to the same size as the Grande Armada but with light ships instead of galleys? I'll do that then. I guess it can then trade during peace to make up for the lost trade fleets. :p))

A war with Egypt is within possibility, assuming that my knowledge of the political situation gained from my time fighting Montsegur in the region is still mostly valid. Egypt is isolated from any potential allies, and its capital is cut off from its lands in the Maghreb, which would make it easy to destroy the entire country. However, I would have to move some armies to the border of Egypt and any countries that could potentially intervene on behalf of Egypt before the declaration of war is sent. That should be a rather easy task, and then the invasion can proceed.

Marshal de Leon y Asturias

((Update to marshal plan: move two or three armies to the borders with Egypt and other Arab countries, another two to kill rebels in Byzantium, and another one (if possible) to the Austrian border. Also could I get a map of Egypt's foreign relations?))

A war with Egypt is within possibility, assuming that my knowledge of the political situation gained from my time fighting Montsegur in the region is still mostly valid. Egypt is isolated from any potential allies, and its capital is cut off from its lands in the Maghreb, which would make it easy to destroy the entire country. However, I would have to move some armies to the border of Egypt and any countries that could potentially intervene on behalf of Egypt before the declaration of war is sent. That should be a rather easy task, and then the invasion can proceed.

((Update to marshal plan: move two or three armies to the borders with Egypt and other Arab countries, another two to kill rebels in Byzantium, and another one (if possible) to the Austrian border. Also could I get a map of Egypt's foreign relations?))

((Egypt is allied to Zazzau, a central African nation next to Mali. They would only really be able to threaten West Africa, unless they travel through the uncolonized provinces to North Africa.))

"Men of the Court, I call for War with the Egyptian Menace. We must secure the Maghreb for the safety of Hispanian citizens living there. It is needed that we secure our southern border"

I offer to you, the hand of my very own daughter, Charlotte von Politz, to yourself. She is very beautiful young lady, being educated in Philiosophy, Mathematics, among other things. I trust that you will come to your senses, and take to as your wife, if God wills it

The Count of Florence

I offer to you, the hand of my very own daughter, Charlotte von Politz, to yourself. She is very beautiful young lady, being educated in Philiosophy, Mathematics, among other things. I trust that you will come to your senses, and take to as your wife, if God wills it

The Count of Florence

I ask again seeing that we already have two wars to resolve already, have you dealt with Austria yet, or is that war going to continue?

Etxeto-arms.gif

Coat of Arms of the Etxeto
This is the man that the Court deemed worthy of being Chancellor? The Crown, just recovering from an incredibly destructive and debilitating civil war, as well as continued skirmishes with the Austrians, is in no place to engage is a silly adventure to ensure that this man's investments in Africa are stable. Are we so loose with power in this nation that we allow such obvious ploys?

Prime Minister, please publicly denounce such innanities.

~ Gran Duque Sancho B. B. Etxeto de Etxeto, Duque Navarra, Conte Vizcaya, Riojo, y Burgos.

Reactions:
Etxeto-arms.gif

This is the man that the Court deemed worthy of being Chancellor? The Crown, just recovering from an incredibly destructive and debilitating civil war, as well as continued skirmishes with the Austrians, is in no place to engage is a silly adventure to ensure that this man's investments in Africa are stable. Are we so loose with power in this nation that we allow such obvious ploys?

~ Gran Duque Sancho B. B. Etxeto de Etxeto, Duque Navarra, Conte Vizcaya, Riojo, y Burgos.

I must admit that I am surprised that the Chancellor would consider another War while we already have another and are sending aid to Byzantium. Perhaps things with Austria will be resolved. Perhaps they will not. I wouldn't know, every inquiry I have made into the subject has yet to be answered. I would not want to be fighting three wars at once so soon after the civil war. Perhaps I need to intervene on the Austrian matter on my own, but I shall give him more time, if only a little, to resolve this problem.

I am sorry for my lateness of my response, but let not dwell on the past, but look to the future. I propose that all lands formerly owned by Hispania be returned by two months time, and we shall marry the sister of the current Alfons, the Emperor of Hispania, to your son and heir, to secure our ties together, and prevent possible war through family ties. Another potential offer could be the creation of a buffer state, between our borders in Italy. I request to get an answer quickly, before tension lead to another war within the Entente

The Count of Florence

P.S If you have any suggestion, please tell. Any solution must by considered by both sides

Last edited:
I am sorry for my lateness of my response, but let not dwell on the past, but look to the future. I propose that all lands formerly owned by Hispania be returned by two months time, and we shall marry the sister of the current Alfons, the Emperor of Hispania, to your son and heir, to secure our ties together, and prevent possible war through family ties. Another potential offer could be the creation of a buffer state, between our borders in Italy. I request to get an answer quickly, before tension lead to another war within the Entente

The Count of Florence

P.S If you have any suggestion, please tell. Any solution must by considered by both sides

219px-Gules_a_fess_argent.svg.png

We are afraid that our court would not favour handing over Cremona at this time, although the three other disputed provinces can be returned with little incident. A marriage between my son Johann Leopold and the Princess Sophia would indeed be welcome to mend our broken ties. We would welcome such a match and the resumption of an alliance between our two nations.

The creation of a buffer state is a possibility. If it is to be created, it must include all the disputed provinces, and we would be willing to grant such a state control of Mantua and Ferrara. Of course, the court would not favour the creation of such a state unless it fell under the protection of Austria.

- His Majesty, Archduke Ferdinand III von Habsburg of Austria

I see another solution, perhaps the land of Cremona can be sold to us, for a certain, although certainly not for too large of a price.

As for the possible Buffer State, I propose if we follow through with this initiative, we follow a sort of Andorran system of joint-rulership and sovereignty. Perhaps someone can become Duke of said nation, from a Hispanian family, and yourself being Suzerain of the nation.

And the marriage is to occur, then I would expect Cremona to be returned, perhaps being a wedding gift, to the family, instead of the bride.

Etxeto-arms.gif

"I must join the Honorable Gran Duque in opposing a declaration of war on any nation at this time. Now is the time for our nation to reform, grow, and recover after facing its enemies within - now is not the time for us to go on foreign expeditions which will benefit no man aside those who comprise the urban mercantile elite. Certainly, there is a time and a place for just and righteous wars, but I do not believe that time to be now."

I see another solution, perhaps the land of Cremona can be sold to us, for a certain, although certainly not for too large of a price.

As for the possible Buffer State, I propose if we follow through with this initiative, we follow a sort of Andorran system of joint-rulership and sovereignty. Perhaps someone can become Duke of said nation, from a Hispanian family, and yourself being Suzerain of the nation.

And the marriage is to occur, then I would expect Cremona to be returned, perhaps being a wedding gift, to the family, instead of the bride.

219px-Gules_a_fess_argent.svg.png

We do not desire money in exchange for lands we view as a pivotal interest to our people. We would be willing to compensate Hispania for the loss of Cremona, but the Austrian people will not be denied ownership of the province a second time.

Any such duke of this buffer state must have no ties to land or property within Hispania, for that inevitably forces them to have two sovereigns in such a situation. A Hispanian may rule over it, but they will only answer to us as Archduke of Austria.

It is customary for the bride's family to provide a gift in the form of a dowry, not the groom. Perhaps His Imperial Highness would prefer to offer Cremona as a wedding gift to our son then.

- His Majesty, Archduke Ferdinand III von Habsburg of Austria

With all due respect, sir, while I stated that a war with Egypt would result in an easy and complete Hispanian victory, I did not expect such a war to begin while we still have the civil war in the Empire of the Greeks and the Cremona Crisis to deal with. The army is ready for a war with Egypt, but such a war must wait until the Greek rebels and the Austrians are dealt with. I apologize for any misunderstandings I might have caused in my previous correspondence.

I welcome you and your family's return to the Hispanian court with open arms. Such a young man and the head of one of Hispania's most prestigious families surely is in need of a wife to carry on the name, right? I offer the hand of my youngest daughter Dolores to you. She is well-versed in the classics, poetry, and the latest works of the Enlightenment. She is fluent in French, German, Greek, English, several dialects of Italian, and Latin. She would make a fine wife for a young and ambitious man like you. And being married to a member of the House de Leon would be, should I put it bluntly, quite helpful.

I humbly await your response.

Alejandro de Leon y Asturias, Duque de Leon y Asturias y Salamanca, Marshal of the Realm

"It appears the Austrians aren't willing to give up Cremona," said Alejandro, "Cremona is an integral part of the Empire, and its people desire to be freed from Austrian oppression. We must free the oppressed Hispanians of the province, by force if necessary!"

((Second update to marshal's plan: keep one army stationed near Egypt's capital and move as many armies as possible (without compromising the security of other borders) to the Austrian border.))

((So basically build it up to the same size as the Grande Armada but with light ships instead of galleys? I'll do that then. I guess it can then trade during peace to make up for the lost trade fleets. :p))
((Double derp. Scratch the light ships then :p))

((Double derp. Scratch the light ships then :p))

((So build a fleet entirely of heavy ships or back to galleys as well? Lol, perhaps an exact composition would be most useful. The Grande Armada is 45 heavy ships and 55 galleys, so that's the model the Armada Colonial used to follow. The Armada Colonial is 25 heavy ships, but if merged with the Asiatic Armada it will have 41 heavy ships and 20 galleys. I feel like we're both confusing each other here. :p))