• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Roughly in modern day Costa Rica. There should be a screenshot in the update showing it up close.))
((Ok thanks. Second question: do we have stats for our character's?))

Nicoya. He was going to Nicoya. As an official colonist of the Empire of Hispania. Things were beginning to look up for Vladimir. Maybe he would be happy, maybe he would find someone to love. But not likely. He looked at his travelling trunk. It still bore all the marks of being carried across Europe. Away from an oppressive land, and towards hope, and freedom in the free land of Hispania. Vladimir opened the trunk. He still was yet to unpack it into the room he was renting above a tavern in Barcelona. He shuffled some items around in the trunk, then stopped. He had heard something. Something from outside his room. He turned, picking his knife of the table while doing so. He edged quietly, carefully towards the door, as not to startle whatever was out there. He saw a note being pushed under the door. Then heard rapid footsteps leaving. Whoever it was, did not want to be seen. He moved towards the note, then stopped. What if it was a poison letter, like in the old city of Genoa. The city was home to many practiced assassin's. Maybe one was after him. But what were the chances of that? He picked up the note. It read:

"Vladimir,
Meet me at the square in the city of Seville, at midnight in 2 days time. I have information that may interest you concerning the murder of your wife and child.
Signed,
YURI."
Whoever this man Yuri was, he knew it was a bad decision to go. His wife was dead. Maybe Yuri is a Lithuanian agent, trying to arrest him. Itwould be better if he did not go. He folded the letter, and placed it in his trunk.

TO BE CONTINUED...

((Sorry for bad formatting, am on mobile))

Sanchos eyes weren't the best anymore. He couldn't see more than 20 meters and his whole body hurted. He decieded to open a plan before he passes away. It was to build another 40 ships to send 10 to Malacca and 20 to Sevilla. The remaining 10 should be splitted up between Ivory Coast and Gulf of Aden

One week later he lied down, in his bed, and thought about his life. He had an... interressting life: From the provincial count to the Hispanian Grandmaster, who improved the Hispanian trade Income by 150000 Ducats ((15 ducats)). He also made the Hispanian Trade Fleet Strong and managed to get a royal daughter-in-law. Or at least his son managed it but, who cares? He was happy and wrote his testament. The court got a copy

1. I hope his gratious Majestity, the emporer will allow my son, Enrique de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange to become count of Provence.
2. All my money, wealth and my court gets under the controll of my son, except a third of the ducats. They will flow into the hands of my second Cousin, Isabelle de Chalon-Nassau
3. My brother, pater Hernando, will get my books and the two villages Gordòn and Auverrex.
4. I would be appreciate if his Highness, the great emporer would grant my son the title of "Duke of Provence and Draguigan
5. I want to be interred in the church of Santa Lucrezia in Old Town Marseille

I would be pleased if the admiral would accept my current plan, as i remained 21 shipslots free for him

At the 7th of August 1716 Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange died. He saw his son, his sons wife, his grandchilds. And smiled. He would see his father and mother, all his ancestors.

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange died in the arms of his son, who two days later began to candidate for the ministery of Trade
------------
((So Sancho is dead. His son hopes to be the new grandmaster. The new character description will follow later))

Last edited:
Deciding that he rather liked the new colonist, Sancho decided to help the man out.
I know you must be having a hard time adjusting to life in Hispania, and soon the new world. As a gift I shall provide you with a ship, it will be significantly cheaper than buying constant passage across the seas. It will be anchored in the city of Lisboa, to gain ownership, simply tell the guard with the Hispanian red armor the phrase: Hispania taisyklės bangos.((according to google translate, it says Hispania rules the waves, in Lithuanian.)) Secondly I shall give you the sum of one royal ducat every 4 months until you are able to establish a permanent housing, use your own workforce, don't hire someone. Men should eagerly come to serve you as a colonist.
Signed,
Sancho Villanova
He then writes his name in the corner of the envelope and that of the other colonist in large letters in the center.

Philaretos smiled as the gates of Mecca fell. This was the holy city of the Enemy, the old foe of Christianity. It was time to strike a blow the heathens would not recover from.

The three pillars of Jamrat al-Aqabah were torn down by cannonfire.

The mosque Masjid al-Haram was burned to the ground.

And the Kaaba was torched and the stone within shattered.

"Let us see how the Fools will complete their pilgrimage now!"

Around 1714, Félicien Pierre de Montségur fell fairly gravely ill the first time, but managed to recover. He was able to oversee the integration of Rome, the peace negotiations with Egypt. But he was fairly old, and the illness returned in the end of 1715. He would not recover this time, but drew his last breath knowing that he had achieved much, a smile on his face and a recently opened letter next to him.

Name: Alexandre César de Montségur
Birth: 1st March 1699
Class: Duke
Reilgion: CJC, Protestant side
Bio: Grandson of Félicien de Montségur, Alexandre lost his father in the Luccan raid at a young age, and his mother fell victim to a disease shortly after, a disease he himself nearly died of as well. Paired with the ambitions his father had for him, this forged his character, the young man not showing any signs of fear - or of any other emotion. With his grandfather unable to teach him much and always busy, he entered the military academy extraordinarily early, the request of the Prime Minister not refused, and recently left, hailed as a more than worthy successor of the line of Montségur generals.

myKh8vJ.png

It is my duty to announce that my grandfather, prime minister Félicien Pierre de Montségur, has died in Palermo. I am presenting myself to replace him on the Cortz, and would request to earn some battlefield experience along one of our generals. Do not let my age put you under any wrong illusions, I am capable enough to become one of the greatest generals, as the leaders of the military academy can attest. Also, I will continue to support any colonial venture destined for Nueva Sicilia, as my predecessors did.

Alexandre César de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria, Count of Calabria

Reactions:
Alexis read the reports over and over again. 40 trade ships. That was just pure insanity! The Hispanian trade fleed didn't need that many ships at the moment! The merchant marine was large enough as it is. But the war fleet really needed expansion, and upgrades for the matter. No, Alexis wouldn't accept dead man's plan!

"You Imperial Majesty,
I would humbly ask that we do not consider late grandmaster's plan. After all he is already dead. Why should he influence your Empire from the grave? I say we need a new grandmaster to form a new plan. And while we are on the matters of plans. I can here carrying what I am required to provide. To not waste your time with useless ramble, I will keep it short. It is more of the same, meaning more ships and more modernizations."
Alexis bowed, handing the emperor an envelope with his plan
"Oh, and if I may? The council of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company has expressed their intress in expanding the company's influence, but I'm sure the crown's representative already reported that. They mostly seek more influence in the new world, however I'm sure if they gain a monopoly in the Orient, they will not fret."
With that the Grand Admiral bowed once more and marched out of the room.

(( Grand Admiral plan (order of importance):
Construct 20 heavy ships, split them equally between both fleets
Build 18 galleys, 10 for Grande Armada, 8 for the Armada Colonial
Modernize the ships that are in need of upgrades ))

JpsioAG.png

We have lost a few great men who have served this country admirably. Prime Minister Félicien Pierre de Montségur served the Crown for many years and guided this empire with a steady hand alongside us. Grandmaster Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange saw our trading empire extended to the far corners of the globe, with fleets operating as far as Malacca. I am certain their successors will prove great men if they are anywhere near as capable. I also wish to confirm Enrique de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange as count of Provence, for it seems that the late count wanted his heir confirmed by royal will.

As for the matter of a new prime minister, I believe this is an opportunity for my nephew and heir, Crown Prince Jaume, to gain some experience with governing an empire. I will thus be appointing him prime minister. I leave it to him to appoint new ministers.

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Crown Prince Jaume de Trastámara steps out before the court, a boy of 17, awkwardly shuffling his feet and averting his eyes from those around him. Joan places his hand on the boy's shoulder to encourage him. After clearing his throat, he looks up, although ensuring not to make eye contact with anyone.

I thank His Imperial Highness for this opportunity to serve the Crown and prepare me for my future as emperor. As prime minister, I believe we need the best to guide this nation, and thus a harmonious council that puts the empire's needs first. While I am young, I have noticed conflict amongst His Imperial Highness's council. The offices of grandmaster and grand admiral have been at odds for too long. Seeing as the current grandmaster has passed on, I thus offer Grand Admiral Alexis Cyril de Saint-Pierre the position.

Jaume looks over his shoulder at his uncle, who is stone-faced but clearly displeased.

Ugh... well, what I mean is by having one man hold both positions, we may alleviate this conflict. I hope this ends all discord.

It also appears that the diplomatic corps has lost its greatest contributors, and thus there is no clear successor to serve as chancellor. I thus offer the position to whoever believes themselves capable. For the time being, I suppose I shall be forced to take up its duties until someone more able claims it. I also encourage those with military experience to offer themselves up as marshal, although His Imperial Highness has filled the position well.

The prince licks his lips nervously and retreats behind the emperor.

- Crown Prince Jaume de Trastámara

((Ok thanks. Second question: do we have stats for our character's?))

((I'm not sure what kind of stats you'd mean. Only leaders receive stats, since they have them in-game. The in-game envoys don't have any.))

((Well we now have two openings on the Cortz, so landed nobles should start nominating themselves.))

Alexis just got to his office when a young man entered the room
"Senyor de Saint-Pierre, the Prime Minister has appointed you as the new Grandmaster."
"What do you mean? The Prime Minister is dead."
"The Emperor appointed his nephew, senyor."
"Very well then, stay here, you'll carry the plan to the Emperor. I'm getting too old for runs like this."
The messenger noded his head and patiently waited for Alexis to draft up the new plan.

(( Grandmaster plan:
Build 20 trade ships
Send 10 to Genoa
Send 5 to Gulf of Aden
Send 5 Malacca ))

I would be willing to take the position of Chancellor, and would exchange it for Steward if possible. My grandfather taught me much when he was alive. A return to Mandromenos Diplomacy will do us some good.

I would also like to nominate myself for the Cortz

Last edited:
I would be willing to take the position of Chancellor, and would exchange it for Steward if possible. My grandfather taught me much when he was alive. A return to Mandromenos Diplomacy will do us some good.

I would also like to nominate myself for the Cortz

Crown Prince Jaume blushes at so suddenly being addressed regarding the chancellery.

Well, you're most welcome to serve as chancellor, although you'd have to resign as both steward and treasurer. You see, the stewardship and treasury can only be held by the same person due to their similarities, but the same does not apply to the chancellery. I apologize that this is the case.

- - Crown Prince Jaume de Trastámara

((The laws we passed only allow two similar positions to be held by one person, so the chancellery cannot be held by the steward or treasurer, but the latter two can be held by one person. You'd have to choose between being steward and treasurer or just chancellor.))

zl32LaH.jpg

((Here is the next piece of Mach Twelve's event chain. Basically Byzantium is pushing for war with Persia and Genoa. We can either allow them to go at it alone, take charge and fight beside them, or condemn this attempt at unilateral declaration of war.))

((You roll for traits not stats, my bad. Out of 6, above 3 is positive traits, below is negative. Traits could include paranoid, proud, greedy, or brave, intelligent, or cunning.))

There was a knock at the door. Vladimir got up from the table and yelled, "Who is it?"
"A courier for Senor Villanova. I have a letter for Vladimir Pugachev."
Vladimir opened the door. "That would be me."
The courier handed him the letter. It was from a Sacho Villanova. He had heard the name around town. A kind, and generous man, he was well regarded by the people.
Vladimir thanked the courier, and went back inside. He sat back down at the table. He took a small sip from the cup of vodka sitting on the table. It was hard to find vodka in Hispania. It would be harder still to find it in Nicoya. Vladimir opened the letter. He read it carefully, and was very thankful towards Senor Villanova. His reputation was well earned. He set about finding his writing implements.
REPLY TO SENOR VILLANOVA
Senor Villanova,
I am thankful for your kind gifts, and hope to meet you before I leave for Nicoya. Although I never learnt Lithuanian, I will teach myself this phrase.
Signed,
VLADIMIR PUGACHEV

((Private))

The news from Byzantium had worried Emperor Joan greatly. Perhaps it seemed a minor issue, for few could deny that the Greeks had a right to reclaim the former lands of Rome, but the precedent it set could be dangerous. Not once in two hundred years had Byzantium pursued a war on its own. Now with a child on the throne, the nobles were using that to push ahead their agenda, one that involved conquest. Protocol had been established between previous emperors where Hispania would be consulted on all such things and then take charge, but it seemed clear now that the Greeks were determined to proceed regardless. Unlike the basileus, the Greek nobles weren't accountable to Hispania. If Hispania denied this request or even allowed it to happen without getting involved, it would set a precedent that could not be ignored. The regency could only prove dangerous for Hispanian influence over Byzantium. Joan had already married one of his daughters off to the basileus's cousin, but that wasn't enough. He needed to strengthen ties, to ensure that his successor and this new basileus would coordinate efforts after the regency ended. Perhaps it was time to use the chaos of this regency to weasel a concession out of the Palaiologoi family.

((Public))

JpsioAG.png

His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks wishes to announce the union between His Highness, Crown Prince Jaume de Trastámara, and Princess Eirene Palaiologina, sister of Basileus Ioannes X.

((While on the topic of marriages, perhaps it is time to bring up Hispania's Eligible Bachelors & Bachelorettes. I'm not sure how many people remember this thing, but I created it long ago to allow for players to post characters up for marriage and arrange matches. However, it has started to turn into an incest-fest since the same few players keep using it. There's only so many ways the same few families can marry into each other before they start developing hunchbacks and buck teeth. I have already included several Trastámaras, as well as a few Palaiologoi, who are available for a match, and some of the other players still make use of it. Lately I've been trying to add some as they reach an age acceptable for marriage. All you have to do is post a character you want to see get married or reply to an existing post showing interest. I know this sort of thing doesn't really work for courtiers, but you might get lucky like DragonOfAtlantis and catch a noble. There are a few Trastámaras that have been on the list for a couple decades and may have lowered their standards by now, although I'm willing to back-date marriages. ;)))

((You roll for traits not stats, my bad. Out of 6, above 3 is positive traits, below is negative. Traits could include paranoid, proud, greedy, or brave, intelligent, or cunning.))

((Oh those are just for when I create royals, although players are free to use them. I don't assign personalities to player characters, since obviously it's not my place to decide their personality.))

((Pre-1710))

Timur resumed his speech.

"((http://www.philosophizethis.org/episode-49-transcript/, etc.))"

((I can't go on like this. I encourage you to read it, but basically, reasons, arguments, mercantilism is horrible stop it now or we'll all die.))

((Post-War))
((Private))

Timur was shocked. Though the Persians, Muslims, had taken Makkah, they were powerless to stop the wrathful Hispanians from destroying it. If only it had been he who had occupied Makkah. He swore vengeance upon the Persians, cowards who stood by as their Holiest Mosque was destroyed, along with all of Hispania, and specifically the general who had razed Makkah to the ground. He then began to secretly fund and spearhead the movement to restore the Holy Mosque.

((I suggest a large relations hit between Hispania and all Muslim states.))

((I suggest a large relations hit between Hispania and all Muslim states.))

((I was wondering if someone was going to suggest something like this. Honestly, I didn't even realize until after Mach Twelve mentioned it that the province of Hejaz's that we besieged was actually Mecca. I shall definitely write up an event.))

Reactions:
6db6641df3bf29e5994bd6a11c8abf25.jpg

Name: William Augustus Von Pölitz
DoB: 1694
Class: Courtier (Philiosopher)
Religion: Prostestant
Bio: William Augustus was born in Stettin, Pommerania, near the town of his surname, Pölitz. His parents were Grand Burghers, and with it, came wealth. His parents afforded him an expensive education, which is where he discovered his love for learning and hatred for the dogmas of the Church, he himself holding nothing holy, at least without proof. As he grew up, tutored by various philiosophers, he decided to use his families' wealth to fund his own studies. He is currently living in Florence, focusing himself in his studies, although he is currently dipping his toes into politics.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Name: Enrique de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange
Birth: 29th of June 1669
Class: Count
Bio: Enrique's father was Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange and Enrique was born in Marseille. His future way changed often. First he should get a place in army, later he was handeled for a diplomat. Since his father got the job of Grandmaster, Sancho was interrested in learning things about trade and ships. He learned at the University of Aux-en-Provence, one of the eldest Universitys in french region. His wife is Joaquima, and he is married to her for years. Joaquima is a reason why he is two times realtive to the Trastamara: First his dynasty is a second line of house Burgundy-Ivrea were the Trastamara ancestors are from. And his wife is relative to Trastamara. He has two sons ans four girls: Fernandez (1698), Joaquima (1698) Isabelle (1699) Alfonso (1701) Lucrezia (1703) and Maria (1711). Fernandez was at the Military Academy in Valencia, Joaquima and Isabelle were searching for husbands, Alfonso and Lucrezia learned at home what their duties were and Maria was to young to understand anything. After the death of his Father Enrique first went home to look over some administrative things. He is no waiting or a free ministery

Reactions:
6db6641df3bf29e5994bd6a11c8abf25.jpg

Name: William Augustus Von Pölitz
DoB: 1694
Class: Courtier (Philiosopher)
Religion: Agnostic
Bio: William Augustus was born in Stettin, Pommerania, near the town of his surname, Pölitz. His parents were Grand Burghers, and with it, came wealth. His parents afforded him an expensive education, which is where he discovered his love for learning and hatred for the dogmas of the Church, he himself holding nothing holy, at least without proof. As he grew up, tutored by various philiosophers, he decided to use his families' wealth to fund his own studies. He is currently living in Florence, focusing himself in his studies, although he is currently dipping his toes into politics.

((I'm assuming this means your old character is gone then. I'm also not sure how to treat Agnostic as a religion, seeing as its more a belief that the existence of God cannot be proved or disproved rather than a form of religious practice. I doubt it falls under Christian, and thus is not likely recognized by the Church of Jesus Christ, making your guy a heathen. If there were any clergy, they could technically send the Inquisition after you. I think it might work better if you have a specific faith, mainly being the religious practice he follows, but obviously with the skepticism associated with agnosticism.))