• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((@05060403 shit, okay i will stop that:p. And i have to read this iAAR a little bit more exact. Okay than i will delete the second part:) ))
Dear Alexis Cyril de Saint-Pierre,
I am really sorry for you and your family that Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre died, one of the best Statesman i ever had the honor to speak with. I hope we can work together.

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange
Grandmaster of Hispania
Count in Provence
Only legit Prince of Orange
Prince of Aix-en-Provence
Baron of Gréoux les bains
(( Better?:p))

Last edited:
((I wasn't planning on having more than one son for each character, except Miguel, who had many bastards, some who I have used, afterall, the current line is a bastard branch, but I'll add another son.))

Dear Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange,

I shall take them next possible ship back to Hispania to attend the ceremony, you may decide all the important matters, as I have to take care of the Mandromenoi colony of Cameroon. I also happen to have a younger son who, unlike the militaristic Fausto, is excellent with money and would be perfect for work at the Ministry of Trade. His name is Alonzo and I will bring him with me when I go.

Sancho Panza Villanova

Grandmasters Plan:
All Shipbuilders at the Hispanian Coast are instructed to build 46 Heavy Frigates and they will get crewed by 7000 sailors. The Tradefleets have to split up into tree main parts: the European Tradefleet, the African Tradefleet and the Indian Tradefleet.
All 150 Heavy Frigates will be split up as the following: 80 for the European Fleet, 30-40 for the African Fleet and the Rest for India. The African Fleet will concentrate on the Gulf o Aden and the Ivory coast ((Half Aden,Half Ivory Coast)) The Indian Fleet is just for the Trademarkets near Ceylon and protecting the Tradeships to Aden.
The European Fleets are mostly for Genoa and Venice, some for Alexandrian Markets. If there are enough Trade ships in each, Genoa and Venice some can be added to the African Fleet. Also in the following 5 years we should increase our Mercantilism. ((If you get an event wich gives you the choice between Mercantalism and something else, take Mercantalism)) Some Shipyards should be build.

((So just to be clear, the European fleet will be split between Genoa, Venice, and Alexandria (40/20/20?), the African one between Aden and the Ivory Coast (20/20), and the Indian one solely in Ceylon (30)? Also don't worry about mercantilism. We passed a law requiring us to take any option raising it.))

Enrique, searching the hotel where Michaelos Tsirigatos, a greek merchant, lived, walked through the streets. And so Enrique, totaly disoriented, saw a big mass of people. They all went behind a circle of guards, a human shield for... The beatifullst woman Enrique ever saw. She was sorrounded by a number of servants, and walked like a queen. Enrique asked a craftsman who this woman was and the craftsman looked at him as Enrique would be stupid
"You don't know her?"
"No, i never saw her before."
"She is the grand-granddaughter of Francesc I and a Trastamara."
"How they call her?"
"Joaquima, and don't make hopes, the people say that she is descerning."

Enrique watched a last time sad on her, and he imagined that she looked back. But just a Imagination, he said. He sadly turned back and walked back to his fathers palace, in love with a girl that not noticed him.

Joaquima enjoyed visiting the market. It was a breath of fresh air from court life, a place she found herself dreading more and more. Sure she was a Trastámara, but not a very important one. Her father was the fourth son of a prince, after all, his father only giving him some minor barony near Madrid to placate him. Her future most likely consisted of marriage to some minor noble or even a cousin to keep the bloodline strong. Not a promising future for someone who craved adventure.

As Joaquima passed by a group of beggars, she took the coin-purse her servant held for her and distributed a few coins amongst them. They thanked her gratuitously, bringing a smile to her face. At least her circumstances were not like those poor people. She always tried to do what she could for those less fortunate.

One of Joaquima's servants made her way towards her, a letter in hand. "My lady, a letter from Count Godoy."

Joaquima eyed the letter for a second. She shrugged and made no move to take the letter. "I shall read it later, I suppose."

The servant raised an eyebrow. "But my lady, you were so overjoyed when the Count started to court you. Perhaps he intends to seek your hand."

The young noblewoman stifled a yawn. "The Count no longer interests me. He's far too boring and posh."

"Last week you described him as refined and worldly."

"That was last week," Joaquima said. "I want someone a bit more exciting than that. Someone who would really ruffle my father's feathers."

The servant held back a gasp. "It would be improper to go against your father's wishes."

With a cold voice that failed to match her pleasant smile, only adding to the power of her statement, Joaquima said, "And it would be improper for you, a servant, to tell me what I can and cannot do. "

That ended that conversation. Joaquima continued through the market on her way home. As she passed one stall, she noticed a man standing nearby watching her. The admiration in his eyes was quite clear, bringing a seductive smirk to her face. She glanced back at him as she walked by, but continued on her way. Perhaps there was a man her father would disapprove of. She was certain if she looked in the right place, she'd find someone who would truly fuel her rebellious side.

((Private))

Emperor Joan III paced around his chambers. The loss of Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre had not been unexpected, considering the man's age, but it left the Council's most important position vacant, not to mention the need for a new marshal. The grand admiral had also passed away, leaving the navy without direction or an admiral. It would not be wise to leave those positions vacant for long. But who to appoint now? Marti de Leon had distinguished himself over the past decade or so and was a respected figure. Choosing the chancellor, in this case Andrés de Alvaro, was always a safe choice. Unfortunately both men were in their 80s, and it was not wise to place yet another aged figure in charge. No, he needed someone younger, but also experienced. Someone from a prominent family that could draw plenty of support. Someone who could back his policies, such as his hopeful plans to uplift his Italian subjects. That left one obvious choice.

JpsioAG.png

With the unfortunate passing of Margrave Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre, the position of prime minister has summarily been left vacant, something I cannot allow. Affairs of state never end and someone must take up the helm of leadership for the Council. I thus wish to offer the position of prime minister to Félicien Pierre de Montségur, who I believe will serve both the Crown and the Hispanian people admirably.

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((@alscon is thus our next PM, assuming he accepts. He can now appoint whomever he wants to most of the positions, and may take one for himself, although he is already chamberlain so it might be easier to just keep that.))

Last edited:
JpsioAG.png

His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks wishes to announce the marriage of his daughter, Peronella de Trastámara, to Archduke Georg II of Austria, as well as formally congratulate his sister, Isabel de Trastámara, on her earlier union with Emperor Henri II of France.

((I've realized I forgot to mention important unions and births in the update, so there's the weddings. At the moment, Joan still does not have a son, but does have two daughters: Peronella (1675) and Estrella (1687). Joan's heir is his brother Pere, who at the moment has one daughter, Clara (1686), and one son, Alfons (1694). I suppose I should be introducing Pere at court soon just in case RNGesus intervenes and kills Joan off. :D))

myKh8vJ.png

Your Imperial Majesty,

I am glad for Your faith in my abilities and will do my best not to disappoint them. I am honoured to accept the appointment as Prime Minister.
As such, I wish to issue a reminder to the current Steward, Duke Etxeto of Navarra: It has been too long since a Steward has proposed a plan for the ministry. Should he fail to present such a plan, I will appoint Treasurer Andronicus Mandromenos to this ministry as well, a model that has worked multiple times in the past.
The office of highest importance, the Marshal, shall be Marti de Leon, our most experienced general, until the new generation of generals is ready to take the mantle. As such, might I ask the Marshal to name my son Vincent Alphonse as general, I have heard that he did well in the Tunisian war.
I am not very acquainted with the matters of the navy, so if there is someone who would claim the office of Grand Admiral, I will likely grant him that position.
May Hispania continue to prosper, and long live the Emperor!

Félicien Pierre de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria, Prime Minister and Diplomat of Hispania, Chamberlain of the Cortz

Alexis sat in his office at the main TATC office in Valencia when a messenger stromed in waving a letter adressed to him
"Sire, a letter from the Grandmaster!" The young man nearly shouted as he approached Saint-Pierre's desk. At first the head of TATC wanted to object, throw him out, but everything changed when he heared who wrote a letter to him.
"Well what are you waiting for?! Give it to me this instant!" The french-originated merchant said, urging the messenger to come closer quick with his hand. Alexis opened the letter, skimming over the letters, wondering what on earth could the grandmaster want from him. Did he not fulfil his duty and gave enough funds to the Crown? But as he read it, he calmed down, letting out a heavy sigh. He put the letter aside and looked for his quill and ink as well as a parchment of paper before starting to scribble an answer
Most esteemed Grandmaster,
Thank you for your condolences, however I do not feel sad by the loss of such a great man as Marshal de Saint-Pierre. I did not know him very well, our family splitting into two main branches a while back, so I do not feel any emptiness inside me because of that.
As for the second thing you mentioned if your letter, I will happily co-operate in order to bring more wealth to our country. In fact, I have a small request. I would wish to become the Crown's merchant, and I am aware that it is up to you to appoint them.
With all due respect,
Alexis Cyril de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company, Head of the Saint-Pierre family

Not long after that news reached him that the Prime Minster was looking for men capable of managing the Hispanian navy. After a while Alexis saw a change to get a bit closer to his goal with that, and being a merchant he knew enough about ships to consider himself a good pick for the role. So he wrote a letter, expressing his intress in becoming the new Grand Admiral for Hispania.

((So just to be clear, the European fleet will be split between Genoa, Venice, and Alexandria (40/20/20?), the African one between Aden and the Ivory Coast (20/20), and the Indian one solely in Ceylon (30)? Also don't worry about mercantilism. We passed a law requiring us to take any option raising it.))

((Absolutely right. And if you think you have somewhere too much ships add them to the African Fleet))

Enrique stared at the ceiling over his bed. This woman... He didn't wanted to forget her. She has hit his heart and so he couldn't get her out of mind. If he could just look at her face once more. Just for a second... And if he could talk with her he would fly on cloud nine. Just once more... But he knowed that it would never happen. She was a Trastamara and he... The son of a count, still this Count was also Grandmaster. He fell in sleep... At midnight he heared a voice outside his room. He didn't knowed it and so Enrique stood up and walked to the door. In this moment someone opened the door and ran in. The man wore a black garment. Enrique not recognized the other man, jumping into the room, with a sword in hands. He walked into Enriques back and charged with a shout on Enrique. In the last moment Enrique rolled to side. Than he took a chair and rammed it in the back of his attaker. The murder immediately slept away... The second guy saw what happened to his friend and ran as fast as he could out of Enriques room. In the same minute Enrique shouted for some guards.

After almost one hour the second murder was found and executed with his friend. Both had over 200 ducats in their pocket and a letter wrote by... The brother Of Sancho: Juan!

Sancho thought about Enrique. His son was very... Special since Sancho sent him to Michaelos Tsirigatos. He forgot to bring Machaelos the letter and in the following days he switched between irascibility, sadness and happiness. Sancho asked himself what happened to the Enrique he knowed the last 26 years... Then he heared Enriques voice shouting for guards. Immediately Sancho wore some clothes and ran out to Enriques room...
At the fourth hour before days began Sancho, Enrique, Isabelle de Chalon-Nassau and the Officer of the guards Vincent Bosce (( ;) )) sat in Sanchos Office and waited for some new informations. A young man, Juan Ruiz walked to the Officer and whispered him something in the ear. Then Juan gave Vincent Bosce a letter. Vincent Bosce opened it and passed it to Sancho. He didn't believed what he read there. Juan wanted to kill Enrique. Sanchos brother made a plot against Enrique. Some tears were falling over his face. Then he got angry and ran into his room to write a letter to his brother. He wanted to "invite" him. For the time of Juans "visit" in Valencia the Small council should reign over the county. Sanchos sister Maria also got an letter. It would be a nice family meeting... Only Hernando would miss ((or maybe not, he is already in Valencia:p ))

((Sorry for the long time i need to write some Words but my sh*ty (Sorry for the word) internet kicked my out of browser six times>:<))

Two hours later a letter from Alexis-Cyril de Saint-Pierre arrived at Sanchos desk

Dear Alexis-Cyril de Saint-Pierre,
I hope you will higher the income of the Empire as a new Crown Merchant
Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange
Grandmaster of Hispania
Count in Provence
Only legit Prince of Orange
Prince of Aux-en-Provence
Baron of Gréoux-les-Bains

Last edited:
Reactions:
Treasurer's Plan

((
All forts, war fleets are to be mothballed unless we are to declare war. Which fleets and forts are activated in war is at the discretion of the Marshal and Grand Admiral or Emperor.

War Taxes are to be raised at every opportunity.

Unless rebellion or war is on the horizon, army mantainence is to be at 75%, the middle.

No armies or fleets are to be recruited should we be over force limit.

Half of our income is not to be spent except for emergency. Events count as emergency. Income from events are not to be considered under this statue.
))

Duke Andronicus Mandromenos wishes to propose a law for the court to consider

Reformation of the Viceroys and Ambassadors

Due to the habitual emptiness of most Viceroy and Representatives of Hispania's Subjects, the affairs of the subjects of the Empire should be consolidated into a new Council Position, the Viceroy Superior. The Viceroy Superior is able to appoint others to the position of Ambassador to Hispania's Subjects as the Chancellor appoints Diplomats and the Marshal Generals.​

Last edited:
All forts, war fleets are to be mothballed unless we are to declare war. Which fleets and forts are activated in war is at the discretion of the Marshal and Grand Admiral or Emperor.

((Just a note that only the marshal and grand admiral can mothball forts and fleets respectively, although it would make sense for the treasurer to have some influence over that. Might be a subject for a law change later.))

((New Character Data:
Konrad Lübecker
BoD: 1663
Class: Courtier
Religion: CJC-Protestant Branch
Bio: :/
))

Reactions:
As such, I wish to issue a reminder to the current Steward, Duke Etxeto of Navarra: It has been too long since a Steward has proposed a plan for the ministry.​

Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque y Conte y Conte Guillen II B.X. Etxeto of House Etxeto

The Prime Minister is gently reminded that the Duque d'Etxeto has never actually been to the capitol after publicly telling the former PM to shove the position where the sun does not shine and where God does not venture.

JpsioAG.png

I believe it is time we address the issue plaguing the many peoples of Hispania. We have seen over the decades several minorities announce their discontent with this government, either due to neglect or a lack of representation. We have also witnessed various attempts to solve this dilemma. Looking back at Pere V's reign, we can see two of such approaches. The first, with regards to the Portuguese, was to leave them alone, while the second, the Catalonians, was to assimilate them. Both achieved some success, for we now see the Portuguese as fellow Iberians contributing towards the empire, while the Catalonians are barely indistinguishable from the core Aragonese population. I do not believe either is the best for a long term solution. Leaving minorities alone will only fuel neglect and ostracize them, while assimilation damages a people's culture and identity. I propose another solution. As I have shown with Naples, proper attention and development can raise the station of all Hispanian subjects. I believe this government must taken an active approach towards the treatment of its various ethnic groups, either through ensuring the sharing of prosperity or through greater power to local authorities in regards to cultural affairs. Hispania is not just isolated to Iberia and we must not treat those outside this core region as though they are lesser. I hope this is a sentiment shared by others within this court.

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Crown Prince Pere de Trastámara had not often made an appearance at court, but with his brother's inability to sire a son, his position as heir demanded it. Now he was glad he was here. His brother's soft spot for justice for all was proving his undoing. It was time to be heard. He drew the emperor's attention and rose to speak.

I'm afraid I must protest, Your Imperial Highness. While it is admirable to look out for all your subjects, decentralization of power and the artificial spreading of wealth is not the answer. Granting further powers to the provinces weakens the central government, and thus weakens the empire as a whole. The answer is not to dilute what we already have to every corner of the empire, but to strengthen its core. Further centralization, with an increase of power in this very government, will benefit Hispania more. While perhaps Iberia, the heart of the empire, will benefit most at first, the new-found wealth from such focus will inevitably drift out to the far stretches of the empire. Let those people who view themselves as minorities marvel at our accomplishments and aspire to be like us. If they truly deserve to share in the prosperity, then they shall reach up and grab it on their own as loyal and dedicated members of the empire.

- Crown Prince Pere de Trastámara, Duke of Murcia & Count of Alicante

((I mentioned I wanted to create an event for altering the accepted cultural threshold, so here it is. Basically the choice is between accepting more minorities by offering them greater autonomy or restricting autonomy to strengthen the central government and hope the minorities follow suit (basically a lower accepted culture threshold and an increase of autonomy per month vs a higher accepted culture threshold, a decrease of autonomy per month, and cheaper culture conversion). Here's the actual in-game event I wrote up. We'll be voting on it later. Feel free to discuss.

))

myKh8vJ.png

As Duque Etxeto has stated fairly clearly that he doesn't wish to be involved in matters of government anywhere else than in Navarra, I hereby appoint Andronicus Mandromenos as Steward. May Navarra benefit from its duke's close attention as much as Hispania from its new Steward.
Considering the expertise with ships that comes with being the head of the TATC, I will also accept Alexis Cyril de Saint-Pierre's request to become Grand Admiral.

I wish to express my full support of His Highness' stance towards minorities. Ever since Hispania has adapted indirect rule, and turned its gaze further than our peninsula, it has been a multicultural realm. A realm that has come to tolerate all kinds of Christian faiths, and flourished as a result. The same can and should be done towards the different cultures in our realm, at least these who share a common root, the same as with our religious policy. Both the roots of the Iberian and Italian cultures lie in Rome. The Caesar of Rome shall treat them all indifferently to each other. For example, the people of my duchy, the Sicilians, have been loyal subjects of the Aragonese, then Hispanian, crown for centuries, yet there is brewing unrest, and a few groups always try to feed on these sentiments to revolt. Duke Alvaro likely shares these troubles with me. It is our good governance paired with Hispania's tolerance that keeps our empire together in these lands. The indirect rule should be expanded, perhaps with more delegation in a new proposal of a constitution. I will work towards that end, and encourage you as court of Hispania to do the same.

Félicien Pierre de Montségur, Prime Minister and Diplomat of Hispania, Chamberlain of the Cortz, Duke of Trinacria, Count of Calabria

sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

I also fully support the Emperors plan regarding the minorities in Hispania. We truly are a multicultural empire, and a big one at that.
The tolerance and indirect rule has only strengthened the Empire, and as such, we should expand on these ideas.
My people in Sardinia have always been loyal for centuries, but as Duke de Montségur said, there is always someone who tries to capitalize on the small unrest that exists.

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia and Corsica, Chancellor of Hispania and Imperial Diplomat
Lux Tenebris Vincet

Last edited:
I approve of His Majesty's efforts to be more welcoming to minorities. The Greeks in particular have long held the notion that their protector needs to be more accepting of their ways. Perhaps Athens will not be shaken by a third revolt should this act pass.

Also, I accept my appointment to Steward, and would like to announce my plans. It is more militaristic in focus than some may like, but I believe that the greatest Nation in the World needs an Army to match:

((
In order of priority
Build/Upgrade the Army force limit buildings until we are under force limit, preferably in provinces with low MIL Dev.
Build/Upgrade Manpower Building in provinces with high MIL Dev.
B/U Trade Buildings in provinces with a trade bonus, esp. TC provinces
B/U Cathedrals in all non-TC provinces
B/U Naval Buildings
))

While I can see reason in both approaches, I have to agree with the Crown Prince. A centralised government will only strengthen our nation. After all if our Empire will be weak at it's core, then will it not be weak everywhere else? And with the rate our conutry is expaniding soone there will be too many cultures to simply integrate in such peaceful ways. We must accept the fact that not every culture is bound to survive the test of time. For a good example of decentralised empire collapsing we do not have to look far. Just take a look at the anciet Roman Empire! Have they not failed because their government was inefficient? Because not enough power was at the heart of their country? We must seek to make simple and quick desicions, here, in the capital, not let everyone decide what would be best for them. After all every man will have a different idea and different take on how to solve their problems. So we have to avoid that, granting more power to a centralized and strong minority which will decide what is the best course of action.

As for my ministry plan I say we need to continue to build additional ships. I suggest we order our best shipyards to construct ten more twodeckers, while we commission fifteen chebecks from the smaller shipbuilders and less efficient dockyards. We should also keep trying to keep our navy up to date, gradually upgrading every ship to the newest model.

(( Build 10 heavy ships in provinces where it will take the least time
Build 15 galleys in other provinces
Slowly upgrade every other ship that's not up-to-date ))

((So... I say we can't go over force limit and our Grandmaster and Grand Admiral order enough ships putting us over the force limit. Going to be interesting))

((Made a few minor changes to the rule. First, I've updated them to include alscon and 05's reforms to the military, mainly in regard to rank. Now players need to RP attending the military academy in Valencia first when joining the army. I've also added in the army ranks that coincide with the in-game generals, specifically field marshals, captain generals, and lieutenant generals. The marshal now can appoint players already in the army to those ranks, although there are only ever two field marshals and one is always the marshal. It'll be up to the marshal to keep up with these appointments and promotions, although I'll automatically promote players to lieutenant general if they are made an in-game general, so it's more of a roleplay choice.

Second, I've decided to implement a change for the Cortz, but just for the election of new members. I've been looking for a way to make titles relevant without affecting non-nobles unfairly, so making it impact the Cortz seemed the answer. At first I was going to make all players have one vote for each title in those elections, but realized it would end up being biased against those who obtained high positions at court with few titles. Instead I'm going to add one VP for every province a noble has a title to. This will make titles relevant in that they make those nobles with them more powerful without completely overshadowing those without them. This is more of a test at the moment, and I'll see how it impacts the next Cortz election. Might consider other ideas for making titles more relevant, but we'll see.

Also, I might try tweaking the coup system, because at the moment our revolt risk is so low that coups under the current system are actually impossible. :rolleyes:))

((So... I say we can't go over force limit and our Grandmaster and Grand Admiral order enough ships putting us over the force limit. Going to be interesting))

(( Ooops, I forgot the Grandmaster ordered some ships. Well... As you put it, it will be interesting. We'll pretty much have to dabate whether navy or trade is more important to us. ))

((*makes note of this conflict so he can write an epic face-off for the update*

I'll probably just stop building once we hit the force limit, but I guess now it will actually matters which ships I build first. :D))