• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alejandro was getting worn down. His life was a long and well balanced one. He had achieved things that would insure his families name would be forever recalled, if not for always the best of reasons. But still, he secured marriages, with his daughter now presiding as Empress Downager to the realm, and another of his girls being wed to the dashing Maximilien Phillppe, that man will surely go far he reasoned. He had wanted to petition to be chamberlin, but his mind seemed too muddled to co-ordinate much effort towards this effort.

Thus Alejandro laid down his cane, and carefully lifted himself into bed. For too long had it been cold, his wife passing just a few short months after sons victories in the war, and as he closed his eyes, he felt himself slowly dwindle, so as to join her side looking over their fair children, for anon.

((so yes, Alejandro III is dead, I will be playing as the Empress Downager Caterina de Trastámara née de Soneta, so be prepared muhahahaha :p ))

As the sole Member of the Cortz, I declare myself Chamberlain of Hispania

Also, due to the recent unrest in Roma and the murder most likely committed by her citizens, I hereby declare Rome to be under martial law with my son, General Demetrios Mandromenos, as its Military Governor. He has shown that he will not cause undue damage to the city or its residents but will reestablish order in a chaotic city. Hopefully this measure will be brief, but until this murder is resolved I cannot do nothing.

JpsioAG.png

I feel that the decision to impose martial law on Rome is a matter that should be discussed by the court. We do not want to antagonize the Catholic states of Europe we just cooperated with by imposing just a state on Rome. It is best that this be thought over first, so I shall present the matter before the court.

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange weren't able to believe what he heard: His Highness, The Emporer, Protector of the weak and small, the Caesar of Rome made him a count in Provence! He was now the head of rich and big Cities like Marseille or Nimes! He would have to fight with provincial Troops for his Emporer. He bowed down his head and knee, and spoke:
"Your Imperial Highness, Emporer and Caesar of Rome, Protector of the Greek, i will stand loyal behind you, i will give my life for you and i will protect you and your family as good as i can, me the little noble compared to your greatness. If i have to i will lead your armys for you and the Hispanian Imperium!! I will read your wishes from your eyes and will pray for a long life for you my Emporer and your Imperial Family!"

JpsioAG.png

I thank you for such a display of loyalty. It is good to see such devotion to the empire from one of the nobility. May you serve the realm well.

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((so yes, Alejandro III is dead, I will be playing as the Empress Downager Caterina de Trastámara née de Soneta, so be prepared muhahahaha :p ))

As the sole Member of the Cortz, I declare myself Chamberlain of Hispania

((We now have only one Cortz member left, so keep nominating yourselves if you're landed nobility.))

They wanted to, so they came. Maximilien hadn't been in Valencia for more than a few days, when there were two men requesting to meet the Duke of Trinacria at his residence's gates. The guards said the two somehow looked vaguely familiar, as if they knew them from the battles in the HRE. After the guards disarmed the men, wielding a mace and a sword respectively, the duke met them.
They recognized the Knight of Fortuna, and were pleased to meet him in person. Then they asked to see his father. When Maximilien asked them what for, they told him in all details how they got rid of the Chancellor 'who had the audacity to arm the pope'. The duke sent them to the Prime Minister, a friend of the late Marshal, who would listen to their story. Let him deal with them.

Maximilien then turned his attention back to his son.

'Why, father?'
'Gives you more credibility.'
'But...' Félicien tried to protest.
The duke waved his protests away. His son might need the lesser titles. More than he does, in any case. 'No but. Count of Messina and Siracusa, you may leave.'

JpsioAG.png

I thank you for such a display of loyalty. It is good to see such devotion to the empire from one of the nobility. May you serve the realm well.

((We now have only one Cortz member left, so keep nominating yourselves if you're landed nobility.))

He would serve the realm well, Sancho said to himself. He would give all for the onliest person that could help him to get the princedom of Orange back and he would fight for His Imperial Highness. If he would be a general he could command Twentythousand Men or more and he could show His Imperial Highness what a genius he is in Manuveure and in the Firephases... If,if,if... He was to shy to ask the greatest Ruler at the world to make him a general... The teers came and he thought about the shame of his grand-,grand,-grandfather wich was assasineted and his grand-,grandfather ,the greates of the House Chalon, a good fighter, killed at the last battle were a Chalon commanded more than 5000 Men, to defend his territory... Sanchos Grandfather died in Aix-en-Provence without powerfull friends, Orange still in the hand of the Nassauers...and Sanchos recognized that he have to fight for it, that he have to intrigue right... He also must marry a Woman, maybe of a high Diplomat or Secretair to build up a base at the court... And he saw a chance: The Cortz of Hispania needed some more nobles to ensure that they would have enough power to demand their rights. Sancho wanted to be one of these proud Nobles. He will have a long path to his destination, the princedom of Orange, but he will go the path and maybe reach the end...

(( Too bad it's not up to the Emperor to appoint generals :p That is up to the marshal. So if you want to be one you'd have to write a letter to me. Though I'd wait a bit since we're in the middle of reorganizing out armies and command structure.))

(( Too bad it's not up to the Emperor to appoint generals :p That is up to the marshal. So if you want to be one you'd have to write a letter to me. Though I'd wait a bit since we're in the middle of reorganizing out armies and command structure.))
((Okay but i think i am new so i will wait a little bit:) ))

Since the Grandmaster de Soneta has passed away, I have chosen a new Grandmaster, Juan de Capadocia. He has served as a merchant for years, may his experience serve us well.

Also, I would like to arrange matches for my two oldest great-grandchildren. They are Demetrios's grandchildren and Andronicus's children, both being my heir and second in line so such a marriage will give a strong connection to my family for a century.

The two children are:
Sophia Mandromenos (F aged 15)
Ioannes Mandromenos (M aged 13)

Also, I would like to arrange matches for my two oldest great-grandchildren. They are Demetrios's grandchildren and Andronicus's children, both being my heir and second in line so such a marriage will give a strong connection to my family for a century.

The two children are:
Sophia Mandromenos (F aged 15)
Ioannes Mandromenos (M aged 13)
Good day, Prime Minister,

I understand that you are looking for suitable matches for your great-grandchildren? I would be honored to offer some of my grandchildren as brides and grooms for them. I've included a list of their names below.

Marti (b. 1662)

Isabel (b. 1663)

Maria (b. 1672)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Marti de Leon, Conde de Leon, etc.

((Bio of the Empress Dowager, should you guys had not seen it.))

Name: Empress Dowager Caterina II de Trastámara née de Soneta

Date of Birth: 7th of April in the year of the lord 1635

Class: Noblity (Now Royalty)

Religion: Church of Jesus Christ

Biography: Born the youngest daughter, and twin to her sister Andromeda, of the late Duke Alejandro III de Soneta, Caterina had a privileged upbringing. But she was often shy, and unlike her sisters preferred the coolness of the shade and the families manor in Pirineo to the large estates of the family. However, she wasn't dawdle, and quickly developed a passion for reading, a trait many believed she had developed from her father- indeed the mature Duke encouraged his youngest child to read as much as she could.

Soon she developed a wide talent of reading, perhaps reaching a level of intellect that had only been seen before in the line by that of her five time great grandfather, Count Matthias. She showcased aptitude in particular to foreign tongues, being fluent in English, French, German, Italian, Greek (Ancient and Modern) and Latin, as well as having talent in Polish, Swedish, Lithuanian, Russian, as well as the smaller tongues of the many colonial regions of the Hispanian empire. But her knowledge didn't stop there, she was more than up to date with the sciences and mathematics, as well as showing a great passion for architecture and the arts as a whole.

All too soon however, she was wed, perhaps for her fair beauty, with pale eyes and rich hair and skin, or her intellect we don't know. She quickly birthed many children to the former Emperor, and great sorrow befell her when her beloved passed all too soon. With such a wide reaching and potentially powerful woman, it will be interesting to see where the empire may head.

Last edited:
I approve of the marriage between Sophia and young Marti. They are of marriageable ages and are a good distance apart. Not too old or young for another. Her brother, Ioannes, my great-grandson and third in line, is a little young for Isabel but too old for Maria. I would like to review other options for now before making a decision. Being eventual Count of Athens demands a perfect Countess.

Petros Mandromenos

((Also, since the Constitution forbids a PM being Chamberlain or on the Cortz, I recommend we get THREE votes for the Cortz, with the third place being an alternate if the Constitution passes))

((Also, since the Constitution forbids a PM being Chamberlain or on the Cortz, I recommend we get THREE votes for the Cortz, with the third place being an alternate if the Constitution passes))

((Well the constitution hasn't passed, so there's no point in selecting a third member that may not even end up on the Cortz. Also, seeing as there are only three nominees, if that does happen the person who came last will just receive a spot anyway.))

((We have a lot to vote on, and some of the votes are split into separate parts because they have custom events associated with them. First off, we have our national focus, which is currently set to admin. Seeing as our next idea group has to be a diplo or military one, it might be wise to change it. I will make it an option to change it to coincide with whatever idea group we choose if people think that's best. I'll also include a screenshot of the available idea groups, keeping in mind the admin ones shown are not a choice. You also vote for your top three idea groups in the order of preference. The Equipment Standardization Act and Military Reforms of 1678 require additional votes because parts of them have been made into events. For the former, we will have the option to choose the type of muskets, uniforms, and artillery the army uses. For the latter, we will decide how much should be spent on a military academy or any at all. Of course you could just vote no to the acts themselves and each one has an option that is neutral with no benefits or penalties (medium muskets, middle path, and medium artillery). We also get to vote on whether or not to establish martial law in Rome. Mach Twelve's constitution is also up for a vote, and if it passes we'll consider it to go into effect after the next update so we don't have to make drastic changes right before it. Of course it also means we'll become a constitutional monarchy in-game. The Cortz vote will be for the two newest members of the Cortz, making sure all nobles vote for two of the three candidates. If Mach Twelve's constitution passes, the third candidate not selected will take his spot as Petros will lose his position on the Cortz as PM after the next update.

National Focus: Admin/Diplo/Military/Idea Group/None/Abstain
Idea Groups:
3.​
Equipment Standardization Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Muskets: Low/Medium/High/Abstain
Uniforms: Comfortable/Professional/Middle Path/Abstain
Artillery: Light/Medium/Heavy/Mortar/Abstain
Military Reforms of 1678: Yes/No/Abstain
National Military Academy: Full Funding/Partial Funding/No Funding/Abstain
Rome Martial Law: Yes/No/Abstain
Constitution: Yes/No/Abstain

Cortz (Nobles Only): Guillen II Barros Ximon Etxeto (Dadarian)/Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre (05060403)/Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange (BelisariustheGreat)
2.​

Players have until Thursday at 12PM PST to vote. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class.

))

National Focus: Military
Idea Groups:
1. Quantity
2. Defensive
3. Espionage
Equipment Standardization Act: Yes
Muskets: High
Uniforms: Comfortable
Artillery: Heavy
Military Reforms of 1678: Yes
National Military Academy: Full Funding
Rome Martial Law: Abstain
Constitution: No

Cortz (Nobles Only):
1. Guillen II Barros Ximon Etxeto (Dadarian)
2. Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre (05060403)

[landed noble, marshal, funded colony]

Idea Groups:
1. Quantity
2. Offensive
3. Defensive
Uniforms: Comfortable
Rome Martial Law: Yes
Constitution: Yes

Cortz (Nobles Only):

[landed noble, PM, Cortz, Chamberlain, funded colony]

Idea Groups:
1. Offensive
2. Aristocratic
3. Quantity
Uniforms: Middle Path
Artillery: Mortar
Rome Martial Law: No, I will not order my men to trample on the rights on the people I protect!
Constitution: Abstain, I believe I do not know enough about it yet

~Marti de Leon

Idea Groups:
1.Quantity
We are a big empire and so we need a big reserve for our army
2.Naval
((The Galley- and Heavy ship combat ability is nice)) We shouldn't forget that Aragon is still a Empire also based on their fleets!
3.Diplomatic
Some new vassals are never bad;)

We shouldn't spare cost for our soldiers, only the best is enough!
Uniforms: Comfortable A soldier have to fight sometimes more than ten hours at one day and so he should have a comfortable Uniform
Artillery: Light The light Artillery is cheaper and is not that static. So if the battle changes from one second to another we can react fast
National Military Academy: Full Funding only the best officers are good enough for our army.
Constitution: Yes

Cortz (Nobles Only):
((I won't elect myself and the two above are longer in this iAAR so its better to have more experience:) If somebody things i am the right person for this high position...:p))

~Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange (Chalon), Count of Provence and the only legit heir in the princedom of Orange

- - - - -

(( Something else: my following sons, nephews, brothers, sisters and daughters will have their own stats, for example i have a son i will play with three dices and they will show me the stats, in my example my first dice shows a 2, the second a 6 and the third a 3.. So he is a 2/6/3... And i look at this stats and will steer my character after them. So my Son would be crappy at earning money and build up a infrastructure but he would be a pretty good man in the shadow and a medium general. So don't be wonderd if you see Juan de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange and than you see 3/1/5. and yeah i have still no heir to my title of a count of Provence. If i would die in the iAAR my Brother Francesco would inherit the throne. Oh and my actuall character Sancho is a 4/5/5 so a pretty good leader for my little county, but his brothers... Oh God:/ :p ))

Last edited:
National Focus: Idea Group
Idea Groups:
1. Quantity
2. Naval
3. Diplomatic
Equipment Standardization Act: Yes/
Artillery: Medium
Rome Martial Law: No

Sancho Villanova
((Courtier, Colonist, NPC Merchant, Funded Colony

Also I want to rename Middag to Nova Zaragoza and Hawaii to Nova Canaries, is this fine? ))

((Courtier, Colonist, NPC Merchant, Funded Colony

Also I want to rename Middag to Nova Zaragoza and Hawaii to Nova Canaries, is this fine? ))
((I would prefer naming Hawaii after Lubecker or the other guy stranded there, sorry can't recall his name right now))

(( Something else: my following sons, nephews, brothers, sisters and daughters will have their own stats, for example i have a son i will play with three dices and they will show me the stats, in my example my first dice shows a 2, the second a 6 and the third a 3.. So he is a 2/6/3... And i look at this stats and will steer my character after them. So my Son would be crappy at earning money and build up a infrastructure but he would be a pretty good man in the shadow and a medium general. So don't be wonderd if you see Juan de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange and than you see 3/1/5. and yeah i have still no heir to my title of a count of Provence. If i would die in the iAAR my Brother Francesco would inherit the throne. Oh and my actuall character Sancho is a 4/5/5 so a pretty good leader for my little county, but his brothers... Oh God:/ :p ))

((Another good way to come up with character stats, provided you own EUIV, is to use the console to give yourself a new heir and borrow the stats from that since the game weights the stats so they're more likely to be average than horrible or excellent. Also, me and a lot of players use a website called Family Echo to create our family trees, so consider using that to map out your family. :)))

((Of course. You chose to colonize those provinces, so you can rename them... well as long as they're not expletives. :p))

((I would prefer naming Hawaii after Lubecker or the other guy stranded there, sorry can't recall his name right now))

((I believe you are referring to Alejandro Sancho, the one who the colonial nation Sanchonia is named after. Clearly if he is to name the islands after one of them, it should definitely be Lübecker. ;)))

Reactions:
Idea Groups:
1. Quantity
2. Defensive
3. Influence

Cortz (Nobles Only):
1. Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre (05060403)
2. Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange (BelisariustheGreat)

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia
[Duke, Chancellor, funded colony]