• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Calling for Quantity as our idea group))

((Just a note that you don't need call for a vote on certain ideas like we do with church aspects. They'll all be included in the vote and everyone gets to pick their top three.))

"Father, where are you going? You know the streets of this city are dangerous at night!"

"It's all right, my son. I'll be careful. You stay here, and take care of your mother."

Almaden, now retired, was in Rome, the site of what he thought of as his worst mistake. Still the city was recovering from the rebel uprising from years earlier. The League War was fought, and won. Sweden was placate, Austria was placated, even Poland no longer showed their original hostility. To an outside viewer, the Papal Problem had been settled well. But Almaden thought otherwise. Franco-Hispanian relations were at a low. Almaden feared the blame would be cast not on the idiotic Louis XVIII, but on the Chancellor under who's watch the entire issue was brought to a fore. While the HRE was religiously free, Brandenburg was forced to change religion. And Rome. It had been racked by rebels, and bandits prowled the streets. Perhaps Papal bandits from the Vatican.

The air chilled him as he left, and in the distance, he could see the Papal Enclave of the Vatican. As he walked the streets, he thought he saw someone behind him, but whenever he turned back to look, there was no one. Once, he thought he had seen someone pass by in the shadows to his left. But still no one. Regardless, Almaden decided it would be a good idea to get back, and, quickening his pace, he turned around.

Suddenly, from where he just was, "Hashem!"

The 74 year old stiffened, and began to almost run. He was about to cry for help, when an armored man appeared before him. Almaden wanted to shout, or run, but he was frozen. Only when the armored man, began to lift up his mace did Almaden move. He shouted, and jumped back, pulling out his dagger, going into a fighting stance like his father, Almudena, had tough him, decades ago. But Almaden was no longer the vigorous young man, and though spry for his age, his stance was not so athletic.

The armored man pulled back his mace for another blow, shouting, "For the Marshal!". Almaden barely avoided the blow, when suddenly, his legs gave way. Then, he felt the cold iron inside of him, the first assailant's sword. As he crumpled to the ground, the armored lifted his mace up once again, and this time, made contact, smashing the skull of the previous Chancellor.

---
Almaden's son was near his mother when he heard his father's voice. Energized with filial concern, he sprung up, and bounded out the door. A few hundred feet away, he saw two men huddled around something.

As he sprinted towards them, he thought he heard the unarmored one say, "Surely the Marshal will be pleased.". Then they noticed Almaden's son, and ran into the alleys of the accursed city. The last thing this son thought he saw was the arms of the Pope, until he was upon his father's body, face-up, blood seeping out of the stomach, the brain visible. He shouted a shout of anguish, despair, and rage, a lion roaring over his dead cub, a victim to cruel hunters.

---

((Letter to Hispanian Court and Emperor Joan III))

Emperor Joan III and Members of the Court,

A great injustice and tragedy has befallen my family. While you may receive word of this from Rome, listen to me. Almaden Hashem, your previous Chancellor, was brutally murdered two days before I wrote this. He was impaled, and his skull bludgeoned in. Before the vicious criminals fled, I heard them say, "Surely the Marshal will be pleased". I do not know what has happened, but I do know what I want. I want justice. The people of Hispania need justice. Disputes cannot be settled violently, nor can crime be conducted boldly, even in the Infernal City. In this era, there is no justification for murder. For the sake of Hispania, and my family, I humbly ask Petros Mandromenos, someone who I hope is a friend to the family, to find justice for my father. I accuse no one, but the evidence stands. Do what you will.

As for me, I am gone. I have sent a letter to Petros Mandromenos containing my temporary location, and I will remain in exile, traveling. But do not think that just because his heirs are not present, that Almaden's cause is without a champion, or that justice is satisfied, for I will be watching Hispania, and you, the Hispanian people.

Find Justice,
the Ghost of Chancellor Almaden Hashem

(
(No letters to my mysterious character will be received other than those of @Mach Twelve
Also ask for this to be the event of this week @Michaelangelo i.e. trial of Louis Montsegur, @alscon ))

((No letters to my mysterious character will be received other than those of @Mach Twelve
Also ask for this to be the event of this week @Michaelangelo i.e. trial of Louis Montsegur, @alscon ))

((Well I was going to have the drafting of constitutions be the main event, but I guess we can have two things. It wouldn't really be a trial though since you'd need a credible witness and evidence, but I suppose it could be discussed around court.))

Emperor Joan III read over the mystery letter, unsure what it all meant. He had never actually met Chancellor Hashem, although his father had spoken highly of him. And now someone had apparently murdered him. The writer of this letter seemed to think it was the marshal, who was himself quite old. Of course with the only witness being some mystery writer, it seemed likely this could not be proven. Joan was unsure why Montségur would target the chancellor, but a simple investigation should reveal the truth. The fact this had happened in Rome was a great concern. The city had not kept in-line after the war against the Papal State. Perhaps measures had to be taken to ensure order.

((Oh yeah, forgot about the Constitution. Yes, that seems like a better choice for the main dish. This can be a dessert...of blood))

@Mach Twelve
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif

My esteemed Prime Minister,

I have heard your offering of the position of Chancellor, and I humbly accept.
I will strive to be as great as my father, and help the Empire and its people in any way I can.

Your friend,

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia and Imperial Diplomat
Lux Tenebris Vincet

Ideas: Quantity
National focus: Diplo

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia
[Duke, diplomat, funded colony]

((There will be some problems for that trial...))

This was exactly what he wanted. His revelation in Frankfurt. The countless confrontations with Manstein and the other states of the HRE. The landing in Ireland. It was the determination to succeed, the pure will to fight that war that kept Louis François de Montségur alive. Now, a peace had been signed. Manstein had grudgingly acknowledged his defeats, his inferiority. Louis would not see any other battlefield in his life. He had shown them all that he was the greatest military mind of his era. Accomplished what he wanted. Back in Palermo, this lack of activity made him feel his age again. Undefeated, a living legend. Leaving a lasting legacy behind, he fell asleep never to awake again, aged 87.

((Name: Maximilien Philippe de Montségur
DoB: 7th June, 1611
Religion: CJC, Protestant side
Class: Duke
Bio: The 'Knight of Fortuna', youngest to ever enter the Royal Order of the Light, has aged, but not lost any of his bravery, or as some prefer to call it, carelessness. Still, his famous charges have never ended in failure so far, and Maximilien is very proud of his exploits, which he eagerly tells anyone asking. Nothing is impossible but what you do not believe in. He has shown little ambition to involve himself in politics, as there is no glory to gain, leaving his son to deal with that instead.))

With the Exercit Colonial having no need for its leader, Maximilien had followed his father into the battles of the League War. There was glory to gain here, even if he stayed in the shadows most of the time - or in the light, as he firmly believed that he always fought in it. Only victories, sweet victories...
But now, the time for that was over. His father had drawn his last breath. Maximilien could only dream of achieving more than him. A dream he liked to dream, for if someone could, then him. The late marshal would not be disappointed!
Shortly after, a letter from Rome arrived in Palermo, a very disturbing one - well, he had to head to Valencia anyway due to his father, so he could present the letter at the same time.

myKh8vJ.png

Your Imperial Highness,

Sadly, I have to announce that my father has drawn his last breath shortly after returning to Palermo. He lived for battle, and with the war over, he had no energy left to continue. I am just like him, and swear to fight for Hispania until I cannot move any longer!
In that spirit, I would like to ask to return as general to Europe. The Exercit Colonial was planned by my father as a first step in the advanced military career, and I have outgrown that step for a while now.
There is also another matter I have to address, a shocking one. I have received a letter from Rome, with a content that I do not want to believe. It is written in this letter that the authors have murdered Chancellor Hashem, I cite, 'in retribution for opposing your will', and addressed to my father. The authors explain that 'we have righted that wrong, even though we cannot storm the Vatican' and 'ask for nothing more but your recognition' in exchange. Obviously, these men are very troubled, perhaps even dangerous. Is the Chancellor still alive? If not, I fear that these men are responsible. They signed the letter with their names, so they can be asked if true...

May your reign be long and prosperous,
Maximilien Philippe de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria

((So that trial... Louis was innocent after all. The thugs aren't the smartest, will likely think of Louis as invincible and alive, so they should explain their motivations without any torture.
That return was unexpected, but a good showdown. Could also have been Max in Frankfurt, but the description fits Louis much better and was certainly more dramatic. :)))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Gaston sat in his gardne, taking in the sun and breathing the fresh air while enjoying the silent whisper of air. It was a lot more enjoyable then the constant thunder of guns that he heard not so long ago. Of course the old general enjoy the thrill that he felt during combat, but the Saint-Pierre enjoyed the peace much more, hoping that one day there will be no more wars. But it surely wouldn't happen during his lifetime, and not during his son's life. For now Hispania's army must be strong to defeat it's enemies. But as long as Louis de Montségur lived, the army wouldn't be fully reformed. Not that he could blame the old Marshal, there was some good points when it comes to keeping tradition. And then a messenger rushed in carrying news. The yound man, not older than 25 gave a small bow before handing the roll of paper to Gaston:
"General de Saint-Pierre, news from the capital." He said before clearing his throat "Marshal Montségur... Marshal Montségur is dead, sir."
The old general read the letter carefully before nodding his head and handing a single coin to the messenger
"Thank you for bringing me this. Your duty is done, you can go back now."
With that the young man bowed and ran back to wherever he came from. So... The old marshal was dead... Gaston couldn't help but wonder who would be selected next. He thought it might be him, but he was getting old. It would be better for some new blood to fulfil the duty. However if the Prime Minister decided he was suited for the postion, Jacques would not object. It would mean the rest of his reforms could be passed. But it was up to the Prime Minister... For now Gaston would preffer to enjoy peace before he left.

Your Imperial Highness,
I write to you, because I would wish to resign from active duty as a general. I'm getting old and my skills are getting rusty. I think the new generation would be more suited for command. However if I will be needed I will accept my call to duty and take field. Ultimately it is up to you to accept my request, or keep me in active duty for the time being.
Your humble subject,
Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre,
Count of Roussillon, general of Hispania

(( I would also want to fund a colony in West Africa. Doesn't really matter where exacly. ))

Petros sighed as he heard the news of the Chancellor and the Marshal. What a shame that these men left this world before him. Petros dearly hoped that he would not see more friends pass before he did, he tired of it.

athens COA 2.png

I will accept Duke de Alvaro's position of Chancellor. Also, I choose to promote General Gaston de Saint-Pierre as Marshal. While both men may be old, I believe that their experience will make them great candidates to their positions.

Also, while I may not have the authority to do such a thing, I request for Duke Maximilien de Montségur to hand over all evidence related to Chancellor Hashem's murder and to find and bring his murders in to questioning. Also, due to the recent unrest in Roma and the murder most likely committed by her citizens, I hereby declare Rome to be under martial law with my son, General Demetrios Mandromenos, as its Military Governor. He has shown that he will not cause undue damage to the city or its residents but will reestablish order in a chaotic city. Hopefully this measure will be brief, but until this murder is resolved I cannot do nothing.

Also, I would like to propose a Constitution for the Court to review. It is brief and may need clarification, but I believe that it represents the ideals expressed in De Rebus C.C.

((Ask questions and make suggestions if you want

Things I would like to see:
Special Powers for the Chamberlain, within reason
A way to force Abdication of the Emperor, needs to be borderline impossible, should not be allowed to be used with the removing the Crown Prince
Activity Requirements for the Cortz to ensure they are active charatcers, Chamberlain has extra requirements
Who gets Emergency Powers, and how to declare such situations))

The Government of Hispania shall be divided into Three Parts in a centralized national government: The Crown, The Nobility, and The State.

The Crown: The Crown consists of the Emperor, who heads the Trastamara Line, the lands claimed by the Crown, and certain Crown Agencies, like the Inquisition and the Spymaster

The Nobility: The Nobility are the families that exercise local control of the provinces and leadership for the Nation. In exchange for their services to the State and Crown, they are allowed to tax the people of the provinces as a reward. The Nobility is represented by the Cortz d'Hispania and the Chamberlain

The State: The State is the various agencies that are not controlled by the Crown. The Courts, the Treasury, the Chancellory, the Army, the Navy, the Merchants, and the Church. To unify and head these various agencies is the Prime Minister, who is the head of the State.

Relations between the Crown and the other Branches: The Crown is allowed to decide which family lines are nobles and which are not, so the Crown controls the Nobility in this way. Also, the Crown is allowed to grant and revoke the land which the Nobility derives their wealth.

Also, the Emperor is allowed to choose and remove the Prime Minister with the approval of the Cortz, who is the head of the State. In this way the Crown is allowed to influence the State. Also, the Emperor is given the power to allow the Court to decide any changes to the Nation's Laws and to veto any one decision of the Court or Cabinet Members.

Relations between the Nobility and the other Branches: The Nobility shall elect three of their number to the Cortz d'Hispania. These three shall elect among themselves a Chamberlain, who is the head of the Nobility. The Chamberlain is not to be a member of the Cabinet, and the Prime Minister is not to be a member of the Cortz. If needed, the Emperor is allowed to break a deadlock with the agreement of the Prime Minister, but it is encouraged for the members of the Cortz to settle the issue themselves. The Cortz, by majority (2 of 3) approval, can reject part or whole of ANY Cabinet Member's plan and by unanimous (3 of 3) vote, deny the succession of the Crown Prince to Emperor. Should the latter occur, the second in line of the current or most recent Emperor will become the Emperor or Crown Prince of Hispania, which cannot be denied. The members of the Cortz cannot have their titles removed during their tenure nor be imprisoned and tried except by the Great Council, nor can their descendants be stripped of their titles regardless if those descendants are members of the Cortz. All votes are positive denial, meaning that those who do not vote support the action.

Relations between the State and the other Branches: The Prime Minister, once selected, is allowed to choose and remove at will the members of the Cabinet. The members of the Cabinet are the ones who head the various Agencies: The Chancellor, the Treasurer, the Steward, the Marshal, the Grand Admiral, the Grandmaster. The Court Chaplain is to be selected by the Prime Minister but with the approval of the Emperor. As the State is the only Branch allowed to take direct action, it does not need the means to check the other Branches.

The Great Council: The Emperor or his chosen Replacement, the Cortz, and the Prime Minister and his Cabinet form the Great Council. The Great Council is to decide on any matters too important for one Branch such as Amending the Constitution and trying any member of the Great Council. Even if a person gains a place on the Great Council multiple ways, they only have one vote.

Last edited:
Etxeto-arms.gif

The Musings of Duque y Conte y Conte Guillen II B.X. Etxeto of House Etxeto

The Duque chuckled. The heathens had swarmed the court like lowly bugs, once again forcing out the Etxetos for believing the True Faith. And then he was bought off with some meaningless position in the Small Council.

How petty, but it was to be expected of those of journeyman birth.

myKh8vJ.png

Your Imperial Highness,

Sadly, I have to announce that my father has drawn his last breath shortly after returning to Palermo. He lived for battle, and with the war over, he had no energy left to continue. I am just like him, and swear to fight for Hispania until I cannot move any longer!
In that spirit, I would like to ask to return as general to Europe. The Exercit Colonial was planned by my father as a first step in the advanced military career, and I have outgrown that step for a while now.
There is also another matter I have to address, a shocking one. I have received a letter from Rome, with a content that I do not want to believe. It is written in this letter that the authors have murdered Chancellor Hashem, I cite, 'in retribution for opposing your will', and addressed to my father. The authors explain that 'we have righted that wrong, even though we cannot storm the Vatican' and 'ask for nothing more but your recognition' in exchange. Obviously, these men are very troubled, perhaps even dangerous. Is the Chancellor still alive? If not, I fear that these men are responsible. They signed the letter with their names, so they can be asked if true...

May your reign be long and prosperous,
Maximilien Philippe de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria

((So that trial... Louis was innocent after all. The thugs aren't the smartest, will likely think of Louis as invincible and alive, so they should explain their motivations without any torture.
That return was unexpected, but a good showdown. Could also have been Max in Frankfurt, but the description fits Louis much better and was certainly more dramatic. :)))

JpsioAG.png

I am saddened to hear of the passing of your late father. These accusations against him seem quite outrageous, even though the chancellor is indeed dead. We shall have those responsible promptly captured and interrogated. As for a future as general, I am certain such a change will be easily accommodated by the new marshal. ((I already talked to 05 and he okayed it.))

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Your Imperial Highness,
I write to you, because I would wish to resign from active duty as a general. I'm getting old and my skills are getting rusty. I think the new generation would be more suited for command. However if I will be needed I will accept my call to duty and take field. Ultimately it is up to you to accept my request, or keep me in active duty for the time being.
Your humble subject,
Count of Roussillon, general of Hispania

(( I would also want to fund a colony in West Africa. Doesn't really matter where exacly. ))

JpsioAG.png

Seeing as you are now marshal, you have to power to remove yourself from active duty. I understand why you'd choose to do so after the rigours of the recent war. It will allow you to focus more of your time on your new duties as marshal anyway.

- His Imperial Highness, Joan III de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((Ask questions and make suggestions if you want

Things I would like to see:
Special Powers for the Chamberlain, within reason
A way to force Abdication of the Emperor, needs to be borderline impossible, should not be allowed to be used with the removing the Crown Prince
Activity Requirements for the Cortz to ensure they are active charatcers, Chamberlain has extra requirements
Who gets Emergency Powers, and how to declare such situations))

The Government of Hispania shall be divided into Three Parts in a centralized national government: The Crown, The Nobility, and The State.

The Crown: The Crown consists of the Emperor, who heads the Trastamara Line, the lands claimed by the Crown, and certain Crown Agencies, like the Inquisition and the Spymaster

The Nobility: The Nobility are the families that exercise local control of the provinces and leadership for the Nation. In exchange for their services to the State and Crown, they are allowed to tax the people of the provinces as a reward. The Nobility is represented by the Cortz d'Hispania and the Chamberlain

The State: The State is the various agencies that are not controlled by the Crown. The Courts, the Treasury, the Chancellory, the Army, the Navy, the Merchants, and the Church. To unify and head these various agencies is the Prime Minister, who is the head of the State.

Relations between the Crown and the other Branches: The Crown is allowed to decide which family lines are nobles and which are not, so the Crown controls the Nobility in this way. Also, the Crown is allowed to grant and revoke the land which the Nobility derives their wealth.

Also, the Emperor is allowed to choose and remove the Prime Minister with the approval of the Cortz, who is the head of the State. In this way the Crown is allowed to influence the State. Also, the Emperor is given the power to allow the Court to decide any changes to the Nation's Laws and to veto any one decision of the Court or Cabinet Members.

Relations between the Nobility and the other Branches: The Nobility shall elect three of their number to the Cortz d'Hispania. These three shall elect among themselves a Chamberlain, who is the head of the Nobility. The Chamberlain is not to be a member of the Cabinet, and the Prime Minister is not to be a member of the Cortz. If needed, the Emperor is allowed to break a deadlock with the agreement of the Prime Minister, but it is encouraged for the members of the Cortz to settle the issue themselves. The Cortz, by majority (2 of 3) approval, can reject part or whole of ANY Cabinet Member's plan and by unanimous (3 of 3) vote, deny the succession of the Crown Prince to Emperor. Should the latter occur, the second in line of the current or most recent Emperor will become the Emperor or Crown Prince of Hispania, which cannot be denied. The members of the Cortz cannot have their titles removed during their tenure nor be imprisoned and tried except by the Great Council, nor can their descendants be stripped of their titles regardless if those descendants are members of the Cortz. All votes are positive denial, meaning that those who do not vote support the action.

Relations between the State and the other Branches: The Prime Minister, once selected, is allowed to choose and remove at will the members of the Cabinet. The members of the Cabinet are the ones who head the various Agencies: The Chancellor, the Treasurer, the Steward, the Marshal, the Grand Admiral, the Grandmaster. The Court Chaplain is to be selected by the Prime Minister but with the approval of the Emperor. As the State is the only Branch allowed to take direct action, it does not need the means to check the other Branches.

The Great Council: The Emperor or his chosen Replacement, the Cortz, and the Prime Minister and his Cabinet form the Great Council. The Great Council is to decide on any matters too important for one Branch such as Amending the Constitution and trying any member of the Great Council. Even if a person gains a place on the Great Council multiple ways, they only have one vote.

((Most of this seems good so far. The only things I need to point out, which I mentioned in IRC, were that it should be specified that the revocation of titles restriction only applies to children of the Cortz member and that the Great Council can overrule it. Also the "positive denial" bit should be removed, for it wouldn't greatly complicate things if such things like denying succession to the Crown Prince occurred because a majority of the Cortz happened to be inactive at the time. The general practice is that no vote is essentially voting for the status quo. You might also need to clarify how the Inquisition falls under the Crown and the Church under the State when the Inquisition is an organization run by the Church, as well as who can be selected as Court Chaplain because at the moment only members of the Council of Churches can claim the position and they vote amongst themselves to select them.))

((Seeing as we've lost both a member of the Cortz and the Chamberlain, landed nobles may feel free to nominate themselves for the position on the Cortz and the remaining members of the Cortz may choose a Chamberlain from amongst the nobility.))

Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque y Conte y Conte Guillen II B.X. Etxeto of House Etxeto

As a distinguished member of the nobility, I once again put my name forward to be considered by the Cortz.

Gaston looked read the note in his hand. The Prime Minister decided to select him as the marshal. Very well, he will do his best, that's for sure.
Thank you for entrusting me with this postion. I may be old, but I will do my best to not disappoint you, or my nation.
Ad Victoriam,
Count of Roussillon, General of Hispania

After sending a short letter he grabbed his quill and began drafting his first act as a marshal
Equipment Standardization Act
- All the infantry weapons of armed forces of Hispania shall be standardized to facilitate usage of firearms training of soldiers, making sure that no matter what they will be able to use the weapon they are provided with. Trials shall be ran to determine the firearm on which the Hispanian army shall standardize.

- All infantry, cavalry and artillery units shall follow a strict dress code. All uniforms for a certain branch shall be the same, making the recognition of our units easier.

- Hispanian armed forces will decide upon a certain artillery type, making it eairer to train future gunners in the usage of said guns. The majority of Hispanian artillery corps shall consist of a cetrain gun type, but not removing the rest. The decision to standardize on a certain artillery type shall be made after appropriate trials are run to see what are the benefits and disadvantages of the different types of guns are.
He also decided to restructure the Hispanian armies into fewer but bigger armies. (( Merge and divide armies until we get 3 x 33k (17/5/11), 32k (17/5/10) and 20k which will be our colonial army.))

Gaston as well would wish to niminate himself to join the Cortz.

upload_2016-6-5_13-31-47.png

Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange 1677 ((Or maybe William III of England, i don't know))
gZs0O6J.png

The coat of arms for the House Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange(House Chalon)

Name:
Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange.
Date of birth: 22. of November 1649 in Aix-en-Provence (Provence)
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Sancho of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange is the eldest son of the House Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange. The House of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange is a colletarel line of one of the oldest and nobelst Houses in Iberian History: The House of Burgundy-Ivrea. Untill the 13th Century the were the markgrafes of Ivrea, than the kings of Castile and Leon. In the 14th Century the House of Trástemara and of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange splitted up and the history of House of Burgundy-Ivrea ended. The Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange ended up woth the princedom of Orange and were princes in it for almost 115 years.(from now the story is no longer historical!) But in 1530 they were kicked out by the House Nassau, and had do spend their live in Aix-en-Provence, a beatiful city in Provence. They had many holdings around the city and were able to have a guard of 50 Brandenburgian Mercenaries. Sancho of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange studied at the old University in Aix-en-Provence and he was a quick learner: He is able to speak Spanish,French and Italian without mistakes, Dutch and German with some accent and Englisha a number of words. Very early in his life he knowed that his destination is to be a general in the Hispanian Army. In 1660 he picked up some Guards and fought against some revolting farmers in the Princedom of Orange. In 1676 he arrived at the court and fought with the emporers Army in the Second League War as a Officer. He was still hoping that the Emporer would someday hear his wishes to become Count of Provence and to get the Princedom of Orange back for his family

((As you can see i wish to get Provence and, if the Emporer and his council are deciding to fight France, the Province of Avignon. And Sorry for my English, i am from Germany:/))

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-5_13-11-24.png
    upload_2016-6-5_13-11-24.png
    44,1 KB · Views: 28
  • upload_2016-6-5_13-28-59.png
    upload_2016-6-5_13-28-59.png
    38,4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions:
((Just a small note. I've decided to remove the restriction on royal marriages where the royal family can only marry into the royal families of our allies that we are married to in-game. It seems somewhat silly and a bit ahistorical to continuously marry into the same 3-4 families over and over again. What I'm going to do now is open it up to any royal family, but only those represented in-game have any chance of inheritance or a personal union. Also, it should be noted that players are free to marry into foreign dynasties, provided they are reasonable and don't produce any claims. So a count's daughter shouldn't be marrying the heir of France, for example, but she could marry a distant Valois, although this could complicate things if the game doesn't give France an heir. Better to keep things small or marry into non-ruling dynasties to avoid problems.))

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_III._(Oranien)#/media/Datei:William_III_of_England.jpg
Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange 1677 ((Or maybe William III of England, i don't know))

Ludwig_(Orange)

The coat of arms for the House Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange

Name:
Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange.
Date of birth: 22. of November 1649 in Aix-en-Provence (Provence)
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Sancho of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange is the eldest son of the House Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange. The House of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange is a colletarel line of one of the oldest and nobelst Houses in Iberian History: The House of Burgundy-Ivrea. Untill the 13th Century the were the markgrafes of Ivrea, than the kings of Castile and Leon. In the 14th Century the House of Trástemara and of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange splitted up and the history of House of Burgundy-Ivrea ended. The Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange ended up woth the princedom of Orange and were princes in it for almost 115 years.(from now the story is no longer historical!) But in 1530 they were kicked out by the House Nassau, and had do spend their live in Aix-en-Provence, a beatiful city in Provence. They had many holdings around the city and were able to have a guard of 50 Brandenburgian Mercenaries. Sancho of Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange studied at the old University in Aix-en-Provence and he was a quick learner: He is able to speak Spanish,French and Italian without mistakes, Dutch and German with some accent and Englisha a number of words. Very early in his life he knowed that he wanted to be a general in the Hispanian Army. In 1660 he picked up some Guards and fought against some revolting farmers in the Princedom of Orange. In 1676 he arrived and fought with the emporers Army in the Second League War as a Officer. He was still hoping that the Emporer would someday hear his wishes to become Count of Provence and to get the Princedom of Orange back for his family

((As you can see i wish to get Provence and, if the Emporer and his council are deciding to fight France, the Province of Avignon. And Sorry for my English, i am from Germany:/))

((Welcome to the madness, this is your conductor speaking. Enjoy the ride!))

The Government of Hispania shall be divided into Three Parts: The Crown, The Nobility, and The State.

The Crown: The Crown consists of the Emperor, who heads the Trastamara Line, the lands claimed by the Crown, and certain Crown Agencies, like the Inquisition and the Spymaster. The Inquisition is free to use the Church's resources in their mission, but they report strictly to the Emperor while the Church reports to the Prime Minister.

Relations between the Nobility and the other Branches: The Nobility shall elect three of their number to the Cortz d'Hispania. These three shall elect among themselves a Chamberlain, who is the head of the Nobility. The Chamberlain is not to be a member of the Cabinet, and the Prime Minister is not to be a member of the Cortz. If needed, the Emperor is allowed to break a deadlock with the agreement of the Prime Minister, but it is encouraged for the members of the Cortz to settle the issue themselves. The Cortz, by majority (2 of 3) approval, can reject part or whole of ANY Cabinet Member's plan and by unanimous (3 of 3) vote, deny the succession of the Crown Prince to Emperor. Should the latter occur, the second in line of the current or most recent Emperor will become the Emperor or Crown Prince of Hispania, which cannot be denied. The members of the Cortz cannot have their titles removed during their tenure nor be imprisoned and tried, nor can their immediate descendants (strictly one generation) be stripped of their titles regardless if those descendants are members of the Cortz. The Great Council, however, can revoke these protections should there be cause. Also, should the Chamberlain believe that a member of the Cabinet other than the Prime Minister be unfit for duty, he can call for that Cabinet's member's removal, with the Emperor's approval.

Relations between the State and the other Branches: The Prime Minister, once selected, is allowed to choose and remove at will the members of the Cabinet. The members of the Cabinet are the ones who head the various Agencies: The Chancellor, the Treasurer, the Steward, the Marshal, the Grand Admiral, the Grandmaster. The Court Chaplain is to be selected by the Council of Churches but with the approval of the Prime Minister. In addition, while not members of the Cabinet, the Prime Minister is allowed to appoint viceroys or representatives to Hispania's subjects As the State is the only Branch allowed to take direct action, it does not need the means to check the other Branches.

Emergency Powers: Should the Affairs of a Nation reach a point where the Great Council feels that a simpler more direct approach is needed, they are allowed to surrender their Power to an Emergency Council. The Great Council is to determine how long the Emergency Council is to remain in power before it takes control. All members of the Great Council who are not to be part of the Emergency Council are to vacate their posts until the Emergency Council disbands.

The Emergency Council will be composed of the Emperor, Chamberlain, Prime Minister, Chancellor, Grand Admiral, and the Marshal. The Marshal will assume the Steward's duties. The Chancellor the Treasurer’s. The Grand Admiral the Grandmaster's. These six people are beholden to no power and are to vote on any issue that is needed. If a tie is to be broken, the Emperor will get a second vote. No member can be forced to stand down nor can a replacement be approved expect by the other five. The rules of replacing a Crown Prince still applies, should the current Crown Prince be denied succession, the second will become Emperor.

Last edited:
Sancho de Burgundy-Ivrea-Orange weren't able to believe what he heard: His Highness, The Emporer, Protector of the weak and small, the Caesar of Rome made him a count in Provence! He was now the head of rich and big Cities like Marseille or Nimes! He would have to fight with provincial Troops for his Emporer. He bowed down his head and knee, and spoke:
"Your Imperial Highness, Emporer and Caesar of Rome, Protector of the Greek, i will stand loyal behind you, i will give my life for you and i will protect you and your family as good as i can, me the little noble compared to your greatness. If i have to i will lead your armys for you and the Hispanian Imperium!! I will read your wishes from your eyes and will pray for a long life for you my Emporer and your Imperial Family!"