• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chancellor Hashem,

as all present, I have heard of the trouble between Sweden and Poland. With my grandmother coming from Sweden and my father having spent his youth there, I still enjoy some connections and therefore know that the Swedes like to approach things as I do. Military minded. And with Sweden allied to both of our allies, and enemy of our enemies, I have proposed to use my influence at court to make a mutually beneifcial decision.
You might guess what decision I mean, after all you are Chancellor for a reason. Sweden's zone of interest doesn't overlap with Hispania's, the kingdom is a strong military power and on the other side of our enemies in the East. The Swedes have recently fought with the Poles over dominance of the Baltic Sea, and are eager for revenge. The Poles also begun to meddle more intensively in a region in our control, the Balkan, with August IV having been crowned King of Serbia.
As such, I offered a declaration of war against Poland, to push them out of the Balkan, and at the same time make concessions to Sweden, leaving the northern kingdom in a perfect situation to claim the Polish coast. As Marshal, I wouldn't have brought forward such an idea if it wasn't my firm belief that we would win. Hasn't your father fought against the Poles in the Battle of the Five Generals? We cannot allow Poland to gain more strength. At the same time, the war would offer a chance to weaken Lithuania as well. As for Austria - if they prefer to honour the Polish call, then we can drive them out of Italy. While I do hope they see reason, I remain certain that we would end victorious.
This war would be a better choice than disagreeing at the council. With Sweden on our side, only our allies have to accept our treatment of Rome, and then we have a decision positive for Hispania. I trust that the Chancellorship can convince our allies - of course, do not mention a possible Polish war to neither of them. In the end, Poland and Lithuania will not accept our conquest of Rome, and prepare for war - blood will flow, either way. Let it be on our terms.
As for the pope, he will be left to concentrate on the spiritual, without Hispanian influence. It may not be my task to plan foreign politics - but the empire has to take the initiative. We cannot let our enemies unite and plan our downfall, we have to strike.

Make a quick decision, then let me negotiate with the Swedish ambassador. As only member right now, the war plan has the backing of the Cortz; it is up to you to accept or deny my plan - or to His Imperial Highness.
Gen. L.F. de Montségur, Marshal of Hispania

Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre sat in his room, twiddling his thumbs in bordom while lost in his thoughts. The matter of Pope's vassalization left him without sleep and just wouldn't get off of his mind. He focused on trying to think of arguments that would convince the Polish, maybe, just maybe even get them on Hispania's side. The count of Roussillon grabbed his quill and some paper and began to write a letter to the slavic ambassador.

((Of course this is private. Both the content and the fact that this has been sent.))
To most honorable amabassador of Poland,
I write to you, on behalf of the Empire of Hispania, to ask you for a meeting in order to discuss the current matter at hand. I would wish to propose to you a solution to the problem, see if it would be enough to satisfy your ruler and bring peace back to Europe. I also have few other things I would wish to discuss, but I also believe they're not as important as the matter of the subjugation of the Pope. I understand that you are a busy man, with many important tasks and orders, but please allow me to discuss this in person. I hope that your great person will accept my humble request.
Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre,
Count of Roussillon, General of Hispania

((Full Privacy))

Dear Duke Louis Montsegur,

I understand your ideas, and approve. An alliance with Sweden, not just against the Poles, though mainly against them, would be beneficial to both Hispania and Sweden. If Austria were to join the Poles... I believe I may have a work-around. And if the Austrians do join against us, we have France. Yes, go ahead with the negotiations and, I give you permission to negotiate a full Military Alliance as well. Attached is the Diplomatic Seal. Show it to the Ambassador so that he knows you act with the consent of the Chancellor.

Chancellor and Diplomat to His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,
Almaden Hashem

Last edited:
My esteemed ambassador,

You have heard from Chancellor Hashem regarding the secular versus spiritual position of the Pope.
We want your support in this matter, perhaps we can come some form of agreemet?
I have noticed you have strategic or vital interests on some of our provinces, perhaps we can discuss these?

Andrés de Alvaro, Imperial Diplomat

It does seem like a reasonable compromise to have His Holiness split from his secular position if Hispania desires to maintain control of the Papal State. This, however, is just one of the concerns raised regarding Hispania's expansion. It must be understood that due to our shared border and colonial empires, there has been unavoidable conflicts of interest. Indeed, we consider Provence an important port, although we have no qualms with it being in the hands of our trusted allies. What we do care about are areas of future expansion. As with this move against the Papal State, Hispania has shown a great interest in Italy recently. Surely it has not escaped your notice that His Majesty, King Louis XVIII, has also taken an interest in the region, specifically Savoy. It may be in our best interests to ensure that any future gains are not coveted by the other party. There is also the matter of the Caribbean, something that has been ignored for far too long. It must be understood that when France first established colonies in the region, we were competing with Portugal for dominance of the region. When your nation conquered their colonies and acquired Papal recognition to control the region, we focused elsewhere. However, recent events have seen that recognition rescinded and thus we feel that it is in our best interests to expand our presence their once again. Perhaps we can decide upon a clear delineation of where each nation will settle or redefine borders to the satisfaction of both parties.

Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre sat in his room, twiddling his thumbs in bordom while lost in his thoughts. The matter of Pope's vassalization left him without sleep and just wouldn't get off of his mind. He focused on trying to think of arguments that would convince the Polish, maybe, just maybe even get them on Hispania's side. The count of Roussillon grabbed his quill and some paper and began to write a letter to the slavic ambassador.

((Of course this is private. Both the content and the fact that this has been sent.))
To most honorable amabassador of Poland,
I write to you, on behalf of the Empire of Hispania, to ask you for a meeting in order to discuss the current matter at hand. I would wish to propose to you a solution to the problem, see if it would be enough to satisfy your ruler and bring peace back to Europe. I also have few other things I would wish to discuss, but I also believe they're not as important as the matter of the subjugation of the Pope. I understand that you are a busy man, with many important tasks and orders, but please allow me to discuss this in person. I hope that your great person will accept my humble request.
Count of Roussillon, General of Hispania

It is good to see that Hispania is willing to discuss this matter more in-depth. While of course we would prefer to see Hispania stop interfering in Rome, we too desire a peaceful resolution. I would indeed be willing to meet you in person to listen to this solution of yours. I shall have my assistant arrange a time.

((Sorry for posting the vote a bit late. It's a holiday for me today. We'll be voting on the archbishoprics thing proposed by the emperor, as well as having to pick our two next church aspects. I'll describe what each of the four choices are at the bottom. I also see for the first time in awhile, we actually have enough people nominating themselves for the Cortz to have a vote on it. Only nobles can vote on this, landed or unlanded. You need to pick two options for the Cortz and church aspects vote.

Establishment of Archbishoprics of the Church of Jesus Christ: Yes/No/Abstain
Church Aspects: Adult Baptism/Translated Bibles/Saints Accept Prayers/Holy Sacraments/Abstain
2.​

Cortz (Nobles Only): Petros Mandromenos ((Mach Twelve))/Alejandro III Lorenzo Maria Phillipe Alfons de Soneta ((ML8891))/ Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre ((05060403))/Guillen II Barros Ximon Etxeto ((Dadarian))/Andrés de Alvaro ((Robban204))/Abstain
2.​

Players will have until Thursday at 12PM PST to vote. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class. I'd also like the chancellor and his diplomats to work out some sort of document defining the vassal relationship between Hispania and the Papal State to be presented by that deadline. This can be as long as a complex legal document or as simple as a few descriptive sentences. It just has to be clear. For example, it could just state that the Pope is no longer the secular leader of the Papal State and just the head of the Catholic Church, while only the Papal State and not the Catholic Church is now a vassal of Hispania. Something like that will do. Now for the church aspects. Keep in mind the titles may be irrelevant, since we can change them if they don't fit our image of the church but the bonus still works.

Adult Baptism: +1% missionary strength
Translated Bibles: -1 national unrest
Saints Accept Prayers: +5% morale of armies and navies
Holy Sacraments: +2.5% discipline))

Juan, in the midst of looking over matter of trades, had an idea... a company, not just any company, but a trading company. He set about working until he finished his plans. Perfect.

The Oriental Trading Company(OTC)

Charter

- The line of Juan De Capadocia and his heirs shall be the only Chief Officers of Trade(COT) of this company

- The position of COF is a lifetime appointment unless impeached,

- There shall be votes on all matters concerning this company

- All members shall be able to vote on such matters with equal say

- The members of the company shall be able to impeach the COT. The company shall give the COT ten days to react to this/

- The COT has the power to override any decisions made by the members, no matter what

- The members cannot override any decision made by the COT

- The maximum amount of members of the company shall be 12

- Any vessels or merchants affilated with the OTC are NOT members, unless stated other wise

Members
(1/12)

Monopolies, Share Distribution, etc...

Monopolies:

Distribution of the Shares:
  • 20% - Chief Officer of Trading
  • 30% - Members of the Company
  • 5% - Stockpiled by Company
  • 5% - Divided between affilated merchants and ships
  • 10% - Crown
This company shall focus trade with the Indies, Cathay, and the other countries of the Orient. We shall accomplish this by trans-continental trade through Persia and Mesopotamia to Byzantium, by ship across Cape Horn, by ship and land through Nova Hispania and other colonies of Hispania. It is the hope that this new company shall not only benefit ourselves but Hispania as a whole by being the meditators of trade throughout the Indian Ocean and the Orient as a whole

Signed by,
embed.php

Last edited:
Reactions:
Establishment of Archbishoprics of the Church of Jesus Christ: Yes
Church Aspects:
1.Adult Baptism
2.Translated Bibles

((I'll get to work on the Papal Problem tomorrow. If any other diplomats want to take the lead, feel free. But assume Almaden already told you his grand scheme, as told to the ambassadors.))

It will certainly please you and His Highness Magnus IV that I have the approval of the Chancellor in the matter of Poland. Louis shows him the seal. With such support, His Imperial Majesty Alfons VIII will take the necessary actions, and soon enough, the Poles will regret ever meddling with the Balkan, or the Baltic for the matter. When we are done with them, Poland will not be a threat to Swedish territory any longer.
After the plan has been carried out, our realms might also consider to seal a military alliance. Our zones of interest are not overlapping, and our combined military strength can fulfil all ambitions of our respective monarchs.

((Establishment of Archbishoprics of the Church of Jesus Christ: Yes
Church Aspects:
1. Saints Accept Prayers
2. Holy Sacraments
Cortz:
1. Petros Mandromenos
2. Alejandro III Lorenzo Maria Phillipe Alfons de Soneta

[Duke, Cortz, Chamberlain&Marshal, General, funded colony]))

Church Aspects:
1.Adult Baptism
2.Translated Bibles

Cortz:
1. Andrés de Alvaro
2. Alejandro III Lorenzo Maria Phillipe Alfons de Soneta

@Michaelangelo @hirahammad
sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif
My imperial grace, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,

I have corresponded with the French ambassador. He is pleased with the province of Provence being in our hands.
The French would rather carve up Savoy and the northernmost of Italy aswell as the Caribbean to have clear and defined borders to prevent unnecessary violence and misunderstanding.

I have also sent a copy to Chancellor Hashem, I am sure we can work out a deal.

Your loyal servant,

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia and Imperial Diplomat
Lux Tenebris Vincet

A copy is also sent to Chancellor Hashem.

Dear Duke Alvaro,

I have been acting as Northern Italy is already a lost cause, so it is no difficulty to me to allow the French to quarrel with the Austrians over that. But, the Caribbean is a different matter. There is still great potential there. So we cannot hand the entire area over. What we want to do instead is give them claim to some small uncolonized islands. If only Eduard Villanova were still around, he could advise us on which islands to hand over. Instead, I'm fine with giving up Northern Italy/Savoy, but try to negotiate either no land in the Caribbean, or, if they must, less valuable land. Of course, this is informal, as the King must still respond.

Sincerely,
Almaden Hashem

Now that the Papal State has been subjugated, its position in the Empire must be confirmed.

1.The Pope is divorced from governance, and is replaced in that position by the Vassal of Rome.

2. The Pope will reside in the Apostolic Palace, inside an enclave that includes St. Peter's Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel, known as the Vatican City.

3. The Citizens of Rome will be subordinate to the Vassal of Rome, while inside the Vatican City will reside the Pope and his personal servants, subordinate to no one, so long as they do not harbor fugitives, harm Hispanians or Romans, or militarily aid other states.

4. The Papal State has thus been abolished, and replaced by the Vatican City, and the Vassal State of Rome.

5. Hispania will have no control over the interior of the Vatican City, so long as they follow the terms laid out in Section 3. To showcase Hispania's lack of influence, the Vatican City is allowed to build fortifications, and maintain an armed force not exceeding 500 infantry, 500 cavalry, and 500 cannons, but not totaling more than 1,000.

The Chancellor of Hispania, along with the Imperial Diplomats, hope this will clarify the situation of Rome.

Almaden Hashem, Chancellor and Imperial Diplomat
Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sassari and Imperial Diplomat
Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre, Count of Roussillon, General of Hispania

Sign your name if you agree. If not, send me a letter.

Last edited:
It will certainly please you and His Highness Magnus IV that I have the approval of the Chancellor in the matter of Poland. Louis shows him the seal. With such support, His Imperial Majesty Alfons VIII will take the necessary actions, and soon enough, the Poles will regret ever meddling with the Balkan, or the Baltic for the matter. When we are done with them, Poland will not be a threat to Swedish territory any longer.
After the plan has been carried out, our realms might also consider to seal a military alliance. Our zones of interest are not overlapping, and our combined military strength can fulfil all ambitions of our respective monarchs.

I am most pleased to hear that we have come to an agreement on the Polish threat. We shall eagerly await the measures Hispania shall take to curtail Polish power. I am also certain that His Majesty, King Magnus IV, would be quite welcome to the idea of an alliance between our two peoples, although such a thing cannot be made official until after the council, for it would surely jeopardize the negotiations. You shall have Swedish support for your plans for the Papal State.

sassari_prov_coa_n5059.gif
My imperial grace, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,

I have corresponded with the French ambassador. He is pleased with the province of Provence being in our hands.
The French would rather carve up Savoy and the northernmost of Italy aswell as the Caribbean to have clear and defined borders to prevent unnecessary violence and misunderstanding.

I have also sent a copy to Chancellor Hashem, I am sure we can work out a deal.

Your loyal servant,

Andrés de Alvaro, Duke of Sardinia and Imperial Diplomat
Lux Tenebris Vincet

A copy is also sent to Chancellor Hashem.

JpsioAG.png

France has always been our strongest and most loyal ally. I think it would be a small concession to acknowledge their claims on Savoy, which of course will require us to revoke our claims. Controlling northern Italy would cause too much tension with our allies, so let them have it while we consolidate control of central Italy. Perhaps we can even make a similar arrangement with Austria. As for the Caribbean, I also agree that we should not give away land too hastily. The French seem to be mostly interested in the eastern half though, so if we must, we could concede the smaller islands in the east in exchange for Jamaica, while retaining Cuba and Hispaniola. We could also try to negotiate an agreement concerning the colonies in La Plata, but that might not be worth the effort. I trust that the chancellery will find a settlement to appease the French without damaging Hispanian interests.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((A joint-IC with @Michaelangelo about the meeting between Gaston Jacques de Saint-Pierre and the Polish ambassador))

Gaston de Saint-Pierre, a rather slender man, with a nicely groomed black beard and short, silver hair that still had some traces of his old, coal colored hair in it, dressed in luxurious clothes, fitting both his status and the given circumstances approached the Polish diplomat, holding few pieced of paper. As soon as Gaston was close enough for his liking he bowed down and said towards the portly, balding man in front of him

“Greetings, ambassador. Thank you once again for taking your time to meet me.”

“Of course,” the Polish ambassador said after returning the slight bow. “You said you had an offer that would interest me and my king, so feel free to share. At the moment I cannot say I am too pleased with Hispania’s approach to the matter of the Papal State.”

The Hispanian general answered with a slight nod “That is completely understandable.” Having said that, Gaston gestured to seats in front of them “Let us sit first and then we can discuss the matter at hand.” The Saint-Pierre said in a calm tone, taking his seat at the table, placing the rolled up paper on in.

The Polish ambassador took a seat, adjusting into a comfortable position. “So what does Hispania wish to offer His Majesty to win our approval?”

Gaston rubbed his temple before speaking up “We cannot deny the fact that our countries had their share of… Differences in the past. But I believe it is possible for our nations to reach an agreement. I do not wish to waste your time, so allow me to present my idea about the future of the Papal States. As we know, Hispania has subjugated the Pope. However no one clearly knows what it means. As a Catholic it pains me to see our religious head in such state.. I think it is possible to set him free, from Hispania’s influence. Of course the land concessions are unavoidable.”

“If Hispania were to withdraw entirely from Rome, we would have no further quarrel over the matter.”

“I’m afraid that it is not possible. If it was up to me I would gladly return the entire province of Roma to the Pope, but I am not the one to make such decisions. Instead I propose that the Pope will control the Apostolic Palace, which will consist of the St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel. The name of such state does not matter right now. What matters is the fact that the Pope would be fully independent and Hispania would not interfere in Pope’s matter. The remaining land would be converted into another state, with it’s capital in Rome, that would be considered a vassal of Hispania.”

“So His Holiness would not be subject directly to Hispania, but just completely surrounded by your empire? It seems like a way to make the Pope your vassal without explicitly doing so.”

“Maybe, but we would not consider him as such. He would be fully independent, even if isolated. We would hold no control over his actions and he would be free to operate as always.”

“I suppose that is better than the alternative,” the Polish ambassador said with a resigned nod. “You must understand though that my country still sees no reason to accept this compromise.”

Gaston stroked his beard in thought “I see. Then I would wish to hear out what would be considered acceptable and think if I will be able to convince the court. But if we do not reach an agreement on this matter there are also few other things I wish to discuss.”

The Polish ambassador thought over it for a moment. “Our acceptance of your terms will not come cheap. We require at the least that Hispania recognize our rightful claim to Wallachia and our rule over Serbia. Also, if you wish to prove that you are not using this to weaken the Catholic Church, I need a clear sign that you support the faith. The bastion of heresy, the so-called Holy Roman Empire, has been a thorn in our sides for years. The Protestant states of Pomerania and Bohemia are a particular nuisance to us. If Hispania were to weaken this Protestant empire, it would be in both our best interests, that is if Hispania still holds the Catholic Church in any regard.”

Gaston listened very carefully to each word spoken by the Slavic man in front of him, before nodding in understanding “I was about to discuss the matter of the Balkans. Recognition of the Polish claim to Wallachia can be easily arranged. The claim to the Serbian crown is more tricking, but I’m sure I would be find a way to convince the court. As for proving that Hispania still stands with the Catholic Church… Have we not mended the great eastern schism and brought back Anatolia under the wings of Jesus Christ? I’m not entirely sure that I have the influence necessary to call for a war against this so called ‘Holy Roman Empire’ , but I will present this to the court and try to defeat those heretics. I would also wish to say one more thing. It is hard to be blind to your conflict with the Swedish kingdom. I’m more than sure that Hispania would support the Polish claim to the Baltic if we reach an agreement, But there is one small problem. And that problem being Lithuania. Now before you say anything, I am aware that Poland and Lithuania have been allied for centuries, but ask yourself: Will this be the case forever?”

The Polish ambassador scowled at the mention of Sweden. “And you must come to understand that the Swedes are traitors. Lithuania has been our most faithful friend and has greatly assisted us against the Swedish threat. They have already beaten back the Swedes once and surely will again. If you are trying to force a divide between my people and the Lithuanians, you are wasting your time.”

Despite that a smirk appeared on Gaston’s face “Oh, I am more than aware that the Swedes are dirty traitors. And I know how helpful the Lithuanians were in beating them. But I’m trying to think about the future. After all Poland claimed the entire Baltic, and it’s hard to deny the fact that Lithuania holds some land on it’s coast. Just take a look at the map.” The general took the rolled up paper and spread it across the table “As I see it, the only reason why the Lithuanians were so loyal is because both of your nations had a common enemy. But what will happen once the Swedish menace will be dealt with? Will the Lithuanians look east onto the wasteland of Siberia? Or maybe they’ll try to seek more wealthy and developed land in the west?”

“And will the French start conquering Provence and move into Iberia? Sometimes neighbors have conflicting interests, but their shared interests and friendship prove the stronger.”

“I suppose that is true, but keep in mind that both France and Hispania are colonial powers and from what I heard both of our nations fight over every piece of land in the New World. But I did not come here to sow discontent. I came here to reach an agreement about the future of the Papal State. So let us return to that. The pope shall rule over a new country, within the city of Rome, and the rest shall become a vassal under Hispania. For that Hispania will recognize the Polish claim to Wallachia and Serbia...” At this point Gaston bit his lip in nerves “...And weaken the states of Bohemia and Pommerania. If that is all then I see a possibility for an alliance between out powerful and great nations.”

The Polish ambassador let out a huff of air. “I do not see our two nations being allies in the near future, seeing as you consider our friends, the Lithuanians, enemies of yours. But who knows what the future holds.” The ambassador pondered over something for a bit before speaking again. “The matter of Bohemia and Pomerania must be clarified. They must be crushed, but it should be noted that they hold rightful Polish land. Having it returned to us would make us most grateful. However, there is one other request we would make….”

Gaston closed his eyes, thinking about what the man in front of his said before speaking up in his usual calm tone “Of course the Polish land will be returned, if I manage to convince the court. But the matter of Serbia bothers me greatly. While I find it hard to dispute the legitimacy of the claim to Serbia, it causes a lot of problems to Hispania. Mostly because it lies right in the middle of what we consider our sphere of influence. This might be the reason why the court will not accept such demands. While the rest is not that bad, we might not reach agreement because of Serbia. However I will hear your request. I hope it will be something that will be acceptable at the court and will allow us to reach a compromise.”

“Perhaps it is time that Hispania stop considering the Balkans their sphere of influence and withdraw from the region,” the Polish ambassador said. “Having a Hispanian puppet on our border leaves us uneasy. If you were to withdraw your protection towards the Greeks and allow them to determine their own fate, Poland would certainly we pleased to agree with your settlement regarding the Papal State.”

The Hispanian general blinked, unable to believe what he just heard. He could feel rage boil within him. He stood up and slammed his fists on the table “This is absolutely unacceptable. You must be mad to even think that this would be something I could agree on. Those negotiations are over. You can go die fighting the Swedes.” With that Gaston gathered his maps and quickly walked out of the room.

After returning to his castle Gaston wrote a letter to the Chancellor ((@hirahammad ))
Most honorable Chancellor of Hispania,
I've met with the Polish ambassador in order to seek an agreement with the Poles. However after hearing out thier demands I came to a conclusion that a peaceful solution is impossible to achieve. Those arrogant fools think that Hispania will accept their every demand just for them to accept our conquest of Rome. Their demands are as follows: ((consider all the demands presented by Poland in the IC as known)). And that all only to accept: ((consider Gaston's idea, (which is pretty much the same as yours) as known))
Count of Roussillon, general of Hispania.

Dear Count,

The Almighty Lord has saved us all. I had given up on Poland, so had commenced in negotiations with Sweden. In return for Swedish acceptance, we would free Serbia and regain the Baltic for the Swedes. As you can see, had the Polish accepted, there would have been great problems. ((And much OC interesting events)) Though, I was considering forcing tolerance in Germany for our Austrian friends, so that would have worked out, but it would not have been worth the diplomatic scandal it would have caused. At least, now we can justify the war on Polish unwillingness to cooperate.

Sincerely,
Almaden Hashem

To His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,

I believe the way to get the Austrians to join our cause is to pledge to a war in the HRE, with the intents of enforcing religious freedom. I seek your approval before I meet with the Austrian Ambassador.

Chancellor and Diplomat to His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,
Almaden Hashem

To His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,

I believe the way to get the Austrians to join our cause is to pledge to a war in the HRE, with the intents of enforcing religious freedom. I seek your approval before I meet with the Austrian Ambassador.

Almaden Hashem

JpsioAG.png

If such an agreement will win us their support, it has my approval. Assuming that Austria brings in their other allies, it seems a simple war to enforce religious freedom in the HRE. Perhaps it may also serve as a means of spreading our ideals of tolerance.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Dear Ambassador,

I understand you fear we weaken the Catholic Church to enemies in Germany. Therefore, I propose a plan. Were you to accept our control over Rome, as I earlier told you, and as will be formalized, Hispania would bring its military might to bear in allowing Catholic Electors and Emperors in the HRE.

Chancellor, and Diplomat to His Imperial Highness, Alfons VIII de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks,
Almaden Hashem

((@hirahammad : Am I considered a diplomat for the sake of your letter? Because I can hardly see Louis agree to let the pope live in a fortified Vatican.))

The Prime Minister looked at the reports he was receiving. He was not aware of the finer details, but negotiations with Sweden, Austria, and France were going well while Poland and Lithuania were looking to oppose Hispania. He cursed as he started to cough, his health was beginning to fail him. But the Count of Athens would do his duty, and now his duty was to watch and wait for the Chancellor to do his.

Church Aspects:
1. Adult Baptism
2. Holy Sacraments

Cortz:
Petros Mandromenos
Alejandro III Lorenzo Maria Phillipe Alfons de Soneta

((@hirahammad : Am I considered a diplomat for the sake of your letter? Because I can hardly see Louis agree to let the pope live in a fortified Vatican.))

((I was originally thinking no, but I guess, Yes, the letter is sent to anyone who has conducted negotiations that I know about. So @alscon and @05060403 , you guys get the letter too. If there is anyone I forgot about who conducted negotiations that Almaden would know about, just consider it sent to you.