• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Revoke Trade Act of 1606: Yes
Found Indian Trade Company: Yes

No changes to Treasurers plan.

Felipé de Alvaro, Prime Minister of Hispania
[Duke, Prime Minister, founded colony]

((Also, I will be gone tomorrow all the way to sunday evening, military stuff and all that, I will try to check in when I can))

Last edited:
Reactions:

The TATC will be glad to further the co-operation with the Crown with the establishment of the Indian Trade Company. We look forward to bringing even more wealth to Hispania thanks to trade.

Jean Gérard de Saint-Pierre,
Grandmaster of Hispania, head of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company and the current head of the Saint-Pierre family

The bishop was relieved that he had the support from the Duke in case the Emperor would abuse his power to torment the Protestants of Sicily. He wanted to make more friends at court and so he invited Jean Gérard de Saint-Pierre to Siracusa.

((To Jean Gérard de Saint-Pierre))
I would like to invite you to Siracusa to visit the wonderful island of Sicily with its stunning landscape, history, culture, food and traditions. If you accept my invitation, I could show you around the island and host you at the bishop's residence.
I understand that as Head of the Saint-Pierre dynasty you are a busy man but I would love to meet you in person.

I hope to hear from you and may the Lord bless you and your family.

~ Amedeo Gentile, Bishop of Siracusa

((I doubt it will surprise many who really understood Pope Francis's beliefs, but many who knew him closely had suspicions that made them think of him as a Lucrezian, after all he was very accepting for a 'Catholic' Pope. I can't confirm nor deny these statements, all I will say is that he sort a end to unrest, and wanted to love and be loved by all))

Revoke the Trade Act of 1606: No, how can one say their duties are impeded by such matters as construction of buildings or otherwise moving it into the hands of another, when they have the capacity, as per stipulated by the Law itself, to veto any such constructions.

Found an Indian Trading Company: Yes, it would be most useful to have such a device made, the more trade means the more wealth for Hispania.

Revoke the Trade Act of 1606: No. This act, despite not being much used, is not harming the country and so revoking it seems like a poor idea. The Grandmaster might need to make use of it in the future. I vote for keeping it.

Found an Indian Trading Company: No. As a spiritual man, I feel we should focus on the internal instead of expanding and founding a trading company in India will surely lead to war on the Indian subcontinent in the future.

~ Amedeo Gentile, Bishop of Siracusa

(( To Amedeo Gentile ))

Dear Amedeo,
I will let you know that as a merchant I have visited Sicily countless times. However my visits were always short, as I stopped mainly to resuply or sell some goods. While I'm quite old and I would prefer to spen more time with my family I will accept your invitation, after all sometimes it's for the better change the scenery for a bit. I will arrive as soon as possible, if that is not a problem.

Grandmaster of Hispania, head of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company and the current head of the Saint-Pierre family

((The results are in!

I have a few things to do this afternoon, but I shall get to the playthrough tonight.))

1637-1644 – The Italian Wars

The talk around court during the early months of 1637 was all focused on the future wars with Tuscany and Savoy. All the Iberian armies had been ordered to Provence, where Generals Louis François de Montségur and Marti de Leon were to command the initial assault against Savoy. General Almudena Hashem was to be transported to Naples with the Exercit Africa, along with the Exercit Athens, to launch the attack against Tuscany. The main fleet was not yet done being retrofitted, so there was plenty of time to get the armies in place.

The misguided heretics of the Holy Roman Emperor elected another Saxon emperor, ensuring they’d be pushed around by their neighbours for another generation.

Steward Lúcia Fernanda Manuela de Maia started gathering workers to start construction on a university within Valencia. The emperor personally ensured that workforces were put in place and local manufacturers were providing the needed materials. ((I goofed. I thought the university gave a free building slot after you built it. Ended up wasting extra points on development before I realized I could build it without an open slot.))

Nova Hispania, after the assistance taking down their rebel problems, finally managed to restore order. The colony should be secure for now.

While the university process was underway, Steward Maia oversaw the construction of a plantation on the island of Madeira.

The Crown’s policy of tolerance towards those of many different cultures and religions in regards to the word of law was greatly favoured by the common people. Many felt they prospered the most under Hispanian rule, and thus were less willing to vocalize dissent. However, while the people were happy, many clergy were not. Emperor Francesc had little patience for men of the cloth and did not support the Church as strongly as his forbearers. With a rift growing between Crown and Church, the latter started to flounder.

The heathens of Tunis continued to send dimwitted spies into Hispania’s island territory. This time one was caught in Palermo. Tunis clearly wanted these islands, but it seemed laughable that they would ever achieve such an aim.

By mid-summer, the navy was ready to go. Thus Chancellor Petros Mandromenos’s brilliant scheme could be carried out. First a declaration of war was sent to Tuscany. Both their allies were in rough shape and unwilling to back the Italian state, making them easy prey. While France had a truce with Tuscany, Austria was more than willing to assist for the promise of land. Granting them a province or two could help crush Tuscany’s expansion in the north.

The early stages of that war saw little difficulties. 30k men under General Hashem marched on the fort at Umbria while another 15k secured Ancona. A Tuscan trade fleet had the misfortune of being in the Western Mediterranean when the main fleet set sail. They never returned home.

Now came the second stage of the chancellor’s plan. This time a war declaration was sent to Savoy. Austria could not aid them, for they were fighting alongside Hispania against Tuscany. As for Hungary, they were too busy fending off Poland. Yet another nation would be fighting on its own.

Savoy faced a similar fate as Tuscany, losing a small trade fleet shortly after the war started. As for troop movements, 30k went with General Montségur to capture the crucial port of Genoa, while the other 30k under General Leon was to target Montferrat.

The first battle on land occurred at Montferrat, surprisingly against Tuscany. The Tuscans, instead of trying to lift the siege of Umbria, decided to march into Savoy and take on those siege armies. It seemed a folly, especially with much more reinforcements nearby. However, things changed when the Savoyard army was spotted marching south with almost 30k men. Combined with the Tuscan forces, they could field as many men as the Hispanians in the area. Montségur abandoned the siege of Genoa and marched to his comrade’s aid. Even as twice his army’s number barreled down upon him, Leon held his own. With the arrival of Montségur’s army, the enemy assault could not be maintained. The Tuscans and Savoyards lost well over 20k, twice the number of Hispanian men lost in battle. The Tuscan army fled to somewhere unseen, but Savoy’s army lingered in Lucca where Hispania could not quite reach. The sieges of Montferrat and Genoa continued.

A few smaller armies tried to pester Provence, but General Leon allowed half his force to hunt them down before they could cause too much damage. Over in Tuscany, Ancona and Urbino had been secured, although the army assigned to take them had to retreat to the siege on Umbria when the Tuscan army resurfaced in Firenze.

Steward Maia continued with her extensive building plan by turning her focusing to faith. Religion was always a comfort to the people, and the construction of churches and cathedrals were sure to please them. Funding was offered to any religious order of any Christian faith that wished to construct such buildings. The initial beneficiaries of this plan were mostly the Portuguese, who held strong to their Catholic faith, perhaps in no small part because of the Portuguese steward. Over the next few years, many more churches and cathedrals were constructed across Iberia.

The Savoyards were quite persistent and an attempt to push them from Cuneo saw them flee before being eliminated as a threat. However, it did give time for the fort at Montferrat to be taken, just in time as the Tuscan and Savoyard armies combined forces and marched on the province. Leon made it out by a few days.

The following month, Austria made an appearance in Savoy. They launched an assault on the Tuscan position outside Montferrat, for they were not at war with Savoy. General Leon and his army returned to assist the Austrians, and Montségur left the siege of Genoa to the command of a subordinate as he marched northwest. It was expected that the Savoyards would attack the Hispanian forces once Tuscany was dealt with, so more troops were needed. After Austria managed to push Tuscany out of the province, Savoy struck. They were dealt a major blow, although the battles were taking their toll on the infantry.

After the siege of Montferrat was lifted, two breakthroughs were made as both Genoa and Umbria fell on the same day. The armies down in Tuscany moved to capture the land near Firenze and move on the capital, while the army in Genoa was tasked with removing another Savoyard pest. As for the armies that had been at Montferrat, they followed the Savoyard army to Savoie. The enemy was demoralized and was forced into confrontation. They fled the first moment they had a chance, sacrificing all their cavalry. At sea, the Savoyard navy was sunk, with a single merchantman secured for the transport fleet.

General Hashem’s arrival in Firenze was well-timed. He arrived shortly after the weakened Tuscan army returned home. The Hispanian forces swarmed the Tuscan army, looking to remove a major threat. Outside the walls of their capital, the entire Tuscan force was dashed aside. Hashem forced the army of nearly 20k to surrender after only sustaining 2k casualties himself. It was a stunning victory, one that had mostly left Tuscany wide open.

Poland managed to best Hungary in the Lithuanian-Swedish war, securing more provinces for the Polish beast. Their growing presence near Byzantium was becoming quite worrying. As for Hungary, their days seemed numbered. Tasting blood in the water, Bohemia pounced. While a weakened Hungary could be good, Austria came to their defence, meaning their participation in the Tuscan war might be limited now.

Tuscany kept sending small armies to try to retake land in the south, but Hashem had an army moving across the countryside to handle those threats.

Despite the religious problems of the past, the idea of tolerance was truly starting to catch on. With all Christian faiths having been made equal less than a decade ago, people were finally starting to come around to the idea. Minority religions were being treated with much more respect.

By November of 1638, Savoy’s capital capitulated, giving Hispania an edge. General Leon had moved on to Novara, and Montségur was to join. Savoy had other plans. Their army managed to retake Montferrat just as Montségur was marching by just north of their position. The surrounding armies moved in quickly to back up the general, giving him the assistance he needed. Not willing to let them escape, Montségur pursued. He only managed to capture an artillery brigade before the army fled to Cuneo. There they were cornered and forced to surrender. Savoy’s army was gone.

1638 had been a bountiful year with record harvests across the empire. The empire was prospering and money pouring into the treasury, both from within Europe and the colonies. The gold coming in from Nova Hispania was surely a blessing. Steward Maia put those funds to good use in the construction of cathedrals, although the emperor was not too pleased about this. He believed the money could be better spent elsewhere, although Lúcia de Maia was able to convince him that these churches could help with tax collection.

The assistant treasurer, Enric Gisbert, passed away at the start of 1639. A philosopher of the renowned Medici family offered his services, claiming to be a distant relative of the late Queen Caterina de’ Medici. While his skillset was not really needed, perhaps he could inspire the administration to greater purposes, or better yet help dispel the ridiculous rumours circulating around the crown prince. Emperor Francesc had already had to chastise his son on his behaviour before. It was not proper for a prince to go around bedding peasants.

As Tuscany became more secure, Hashem sent an army north to besiege Ferrara. On the way, the force captured Romagna, where the Tuscan navy was hiding. Forced from port, they faced the full might of the Hispanian fleet under Admiral Dietrich Vinzent Lübecker’s command.

By March, Firenze was taken, securing southern Tuscany. A small force was even eliminated as it tried to rush south. Hashem joined the other army at Ferrara to continue the push north.

In Savoy, Montferrat was recaptured and Novara fell. Montségur prevented a small Savoyard army from sneaking south. They faced utter defeat.

July of 1639 marked a momentous occasion. The finishing touches were made on the new University of Valencia, an institution that would draw intellectuals from across the empire and beyond to learn within its hallowed halls.

With most of Savoy secure, Montségur and Leon split up. Montségur headed east into Milan, hoping to eventually meet up with Hashem on his way north. Fortunately, Austria had already captured Tuscany’s German provinces, although it seemed they would be doing little else. Bohemia had nearly 50k men rampaging through their lands. As for Leon, he headed south for Lucca, the last Savoyard fort.

In August, Ferrara fell. Hashem marched west to Mantua, the last Tuscan fort not currently being besieged.

Montségur faced some slight problems as the Milanese people used the war as an excuse to push for independence. They attacked Montségur’s army in a desperate bid for freedom. Despite their larger numbers, the Hispanian men were more disciplined, scattering the rebels to the countryside. With that resistance gone, the province was captured shortly after.

Savoy had been gathering forces in Parma, the one province that had not been touched. They made a desperate attempt on Novara, but Montségur was there to defeat them. While he focused on a small Tuscan threat, another part of his army went south to join the siege on Lucca, forcing the Savoyard army to surrender on the way down.

Despite Tyrone being fully occupied, France was apparently enough of a threat to keep Great Britain from annexing them outright. Tyrone paid the British a measly sum for their mistake.

In February of 1640, Mantua was taken, the last Tuscan province. They were now at the full mercy of Hispania. The intention of the war was to secure Hispania’s dominance of trade in the Western Mediterranean. Thus the entire western Tuscan coastline, consisting of Pisa and Siena, was demanded, alongside Umbria to secure a land connection to Naples and a fort. There was some talk of demanding Ancona, but it was believed that would overextend Hispania too much and antagonize too many nations. As promised, the Austrians were given the two provinces they had occupied, Tuscany’s German lands. Hopefully that would halt any further expansion northwards by Tuscany, as well as bolster Hispania’s ally who was having a rough time against Bohemia.

Difficulties soon arose administering to these new lands. Umbria, due to its nearness to Naples, was expected to integrate quite nicely, but resources were not quite available for the other two provinces. The Church, however, had a decent presence in Pisa and Siena, what with the Papal State right next door. Emperor Francesc was not subtle and demanded that the clergy of those provinces assist him in setting up administration there. They were quite reluctant, but they would have been fools to defy the ruler of such a powerful empire. While this might have helped further Hispania’s goals in Italy, the Church was none too pleased by the emperor’s disregard for them.

In July, Lucca succumbed, leaving Savoy completely occupied. Much to everyone’s surprise, Emperor Francesc requested that a peace settlement be stalled. Efforts to control the new Italian provinces were proving quite tricky and adding more would only complicate matters. There was also the possibility that many other nations may see Hispania as a warmonger if they took even more land so recently after the victory against Tuscany. Peace would be delayed, for now. ((We’d go over 100% overextension if I took the provinces I want now, so I waited for Umbria to core first to lower it enough for a suitable peace.))

The battle of the eastern titans ended with Lithuania coming out victorious over Sweden. They pushed well towards the White Sea and the Baltic. The giant was continuing to grow despite such huge neighbours. At least they were fairly far from Hispania.

An investigation of Hispania’s forces revealed that the army was lacking nearly 40k men to fill its ranks. It would take years to build up suitable reserves.

Mainz, with France’s help, managed to cripple the growing Frankfurt, securing themselves as a dominant regional power.

In November, the last pockets of resistance to Pere’s program against the Catalans gave in. Those who had once identified as Catalan now spoke Aragonese and more identified with the original kingdom than ever before. Unity had been restored, but sadly Pere had not lived long enough to see it come to fruition.

The Trans-Atlantic Trading Company was bringing in some nice shipments of ivory recently, which were selling quite well in Europe. Cotton was another hot product, although mostly from Nuevas Baleares. The Crown made sure to tap into that market and have appropriate tariffs in place.

Some Reformed zealots tried to liberate Savoy and install their faith in Savoy, but France intervened. Their massive army marched on the zealots and crushed their dreams of a Reformed Savoy.

The Montségur family’s latest colonial venture into the far reaches of Australia met with success, as a burgeoning colony was established. As that family focused on these new lands, the Mandromenos family set their eyes on the island chain of St. Kitts in the Caribbean.

A land dispute in Ceuta drew the emperor’s attention in June of 1642. When the land had been conquered from Morocco, many of the local nobility had been permitted to keep their lands provided they accepted the true faith. The Church thus had grown quite powerful in the area, able to disinherit a noble by declaring them a secret heathen and confiscating their lands. Eventually some of these nobles approached Emperor Francesc, begging him to restrain the clergy and protect their rights. The clergy also appealed to him, claiming that they had been granted the power to decide such matters when it came to the faith of the nobility in Africa. Much to the displeasure of the Church, Francesc sided with the Moroccan nobles, allowing them to keep their lands and warning the clergy to stop confiscating lands on baseless rumours. He even went so far as to threaten to get General Hashem and the Exercit Africa involved if things continued to escalate. The Church surely was not going to forget that one.

Despite tensions with the Church, Jesuits were continuing their efforts in the New World, with a recent group setting up in St. Kitts.

As November rolled around, the finishing touches were made on a new local government for Umbria. With that taken care of, peace could be settled with Savoy, especially with people now begging for peace. Savoy was forced to give up its coastline, surrendering Genoa and Lucca and conveniently providing a land bridge between Provence and Naples. Savoy was also forced to renounce its claims, pay war reparations, and cut ties with its allies. Hispania was at peace once again. This peace did have the unintended consequence of adding a significant Reformed community to Hispania in Lucca, and Swiss missionaries kept popping up in Genoa attempting to convert the populace. An annoyance, to say the least.

A major colonial product, one Hispania possessed in abundance, was all the rage in Europe. The Crown fully backed the manufacturers to ensure there was enough for everyone.

The pressure on Byzantium’s northern border continued to grow as the Polish king claimed the crown of Serbia. With the two nations now ruled by one man, that put a major threat right next door to the Greeks. This warranted a careful watch.

The Crown colony in San Antonio proved to be quite successful, like the other Crown colonies in the region. Emperor Francesc thus decided to set up a colonial administration to take care of all these Crown colonies. He tentatively named it Nuevo Leon, to fit alongside the likes of Nueva Granada and Nuevas Baleares, as well as in recognition of the intrepid conquistador of the same name. He would of course seek the consent of the court at a later date on the matter. The Crown then shifted its gaze east, requesting that colonist Eduard Villanova go to Antananarivo to finish the settlement of Madagascar.

Bohemia achieved its victory over Hungary, although Austria suffered as well. Bohemia pushed southwards into the two, but worst of all one of the provinces given to Austria earlier was returned to Tuscany. Emperor Francesc felt that was a personal slight. Of particular interest though was the granted freedom to Croatia, which claimed Hungary’s coveted coastline. Perhaps now was the time to secure it for the Greeks.

In the Far East, the great Ming dynasty faced inner turmoil as the first rebels declared independence. This also brought attention to the rest of the world, which was now more open to Hispania than ever before.

Commandant Carles d’Ors’s passed away, leaving an opening for an advisor. Much to the disdain of the Church, Emperor Francesc hired one ‘Abdallah Lahsini, a Moroccan, and placed him in charge of the army’s administration under Marshal Hashem.

Apparently France had a habit of ridding their allies of their rebel troubles, as they crushed some Austrian nobles that rebelled against their archduke.

As the year 1644 came around, the army found its ranks full once again, although it would take time to fill the reserves. Who knew how long would be given for that before another war was called.

JpsioAG.png

Presenting His Imperial Highness, Francesc I de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, and Protector of the Greeks.

My friends, I welcome you this day. We have much to discuss.

Our success over both Tuscany and Savoy was tremendous. We now have secured almost the entire western coastline of Italy, with the exception of Rome. It will take time to set up a proper administration, but it seems that we are now the dominant power in Italy.

I am also glad to announce that the Crown’s efforts to foster colonies in the southern tip of South America have paid off. A colonial nation has been established, which I have named Nuevo Leon for the time being. If anyone feels they have a more appropriate name, feel free to suggest it.

There is also another matter I feel has been neglected for too long. It was written into our laws that the court would vote on which forts to mothball during peace, decided by a list presented by our marshal. This has not been done in quite some time, and indeed records of the previous plan have been lost. I have been ensuring all border forts and those in recently conquered areas are maintained, but perhaps Marshal Hashem can provide an official list for the court to vote on. With our sizeable income, I believe it wise to keep at least some garrisoned at all times for the empire’s security.

We should also consider the fate of some of these forts. Our recent conquests in Morocco and Italy have provided us with several more, with some quite close to each other. In fact, we have three protecting five provinces in Africa. Perhaps we should consider dismantling some of these extraneous forts, and in turn use the funds saved to instead pay for larger forts. It might be worth upgrading some forts to bastions or even turning our more crucial forts into star forts to make them virtually impregnable. I shall leave it up to Steward Maia to decide which forts should be dismantled or upgraded and to present a list to the court. We may also want to consider upgrading our shipyards.

I also wish to present one last thing to you all. Many Hispanians have explored the globe, both on land and sea. As the new continent was opened to us, so have we made contact with those in the east. I have sent emissaries to these lands to obtain charts and maps, and after years of effort I have had the first world map drawn up. Now you may all set your eyes upon the wonder that is our world.

((I noticed that all the terra incognito had finally been removed, so I felt it fitting for us to have the first world map posted. I think I might start using this instead of the random maps I usually post, except for perhaps the one of European Hispania, unless someone requests them. Hopefully everyone is okay with that.

Anyway, as per usual, ministers have until Monday at 12PM PST to post their plans, and if @hirahammad and @Raboude could make the requested lists, that’d be great. It’s been too long since we did something about our forts. Players have until that same deadline to propose laws. Since policies were mentioned last time, I shall post them below. The ones not available yet can’t be enacted until we complete humanist ideas. Anyone can suggest names for the new colonial nation too, although the emperor likes Nuevo Leon. ;)

Someone asked me what the whole pensioners thing meant and I suppose I never explained it in the rules. It doesn’t mean your character starts collecting a pension, but is merely a way to tell players that their characters are getting old (over 80) and should be retired before I’m forced to kill them off. I think the purpose of the dying list is quite obvious. :p

Pensioners:
@gamehappy
@KF25

))

The past seven years were kind to Petros. His eldest son Demetrios was prospering under the Marshal's care. Sophia, being the ever bright child she was, quickly figured out her engagement to Joao de Maia, and she quickly grew to admire and love her match. And then there was Andreas, the youngest, who was showing inclination to a life in the Church. The Mandromenos Latifundia in Greece were profitable and his place as Count of Athens only aided in that. The colony in St. Kitts was beginning to be settled, it even had a Jesuit Mission founded on the island. Things were going well.

But he had work to do, he was the Chancellor, and even though his plans brought glory and profit to the Empire, he knew that everyone would look to him for the next great plan. The next stratagem to bring the Empire to even greater heights. And he would deliver.

((Chancellor's Plan:

In order of descending importance

Target the Trade Bonus Provinces held by other Nations in West Africa TC and East Africa TC to get the bonuses.
Colonize the Maldives for access to India.
Colonize the trade bonus provinces that are not held by other nations in W Africa and E Africa
If we run out of provinces, focus on S Africa to strengthen our hold on it.

We will be going to India people, we just need a good base in Africa first.
))

'Running out of cannon fodder? Turn the enemy into cannon fodder.' A strategy General Louis François de Montségur was forced to employ in the later stages of the Italian wars, and with some success. The overwhelming Hispanian artillery forced the final surrender of the Italians. The last years had been war, never changing war. With fairly high losses, mostly for the infantry. Not due to missing skill of the generals: He knew that he was good, Hashem had experience, but was also modern enough to deploy his troops effectively, and Leon showed promise. They all supported the war effort, but had few influence on it. Despite supplying most of these men. Montségur recognized a leading Sicilian Catholic on the field of Montferrat. Good riddance, but at the same time... the nobility needed to secure their lands. The Cortz had to represent that interest.

myKh8vJ.png

The victory against the Italians has been a great one, albeit costly. With fairly remarkable causalties. Of course, it had been worth it. Still, it is the nobility that has to levy these troops. The nobility that supports the war effort with the men of their lands. War declarations that are made without involving the Cortz. I therefore propose a change, the
Veto of the Cortz Act
Any declaration of war has to be voted upon by the Cortz supplying the troops. If the Cortz gives its approval, the war is not limited. If the Cortz gives its veto, then the only troops to be involved offensively in the conflict are the Royal Exercit de Valencia and mercenary troops.

Also, we have to continuously strive to improve the army in whatever way possible. Raise a true warrior's zeal in the troops and inspiring them is a general's task, in addition to leading, guiding the soldiers. If there is a base zeal and eagerness to fight to build on, however this might be accomplished, perhaps with priests preaching about soldiery virtues, our task is easier, and the armies more effective. ((Proposing to enact the Military Zeal Act))

General Louis François de Montségur, Duke of Trinacria, Chamberlain of the Cortz

((Don't we have to vote to join a war anyway? Usually the king decides whether or not to send men.))

((Only in certain circumstances. If the chancellor proposes a war and the emperor does not put it up to a vote, it would automatically go through, like we just did with the last two wars. Also during the updates the emperor tends to personally answer call-to-arms if the war seems minor enough. alscon's proposed law would mean any declaration of war or call-to-arms would require the Cortz's approval.))

((The Cortz has not been that active lately. Alscon ran unopposed and I haven't seen the other two members post in a while. I feel that if the Cortz is to be given that power, we would need to make the steps to ensure participation. Right now, it would just give Alscon sole power to veto wars.))

Reactions:
((The Cortz has not been that active lately. Alscon ran unopposed and I haven't seen the other two members post in a while. I feel that if the Cortz is to be given that power, we would need to make the steps to ensure participation. Right now, it would just give Alscon sole power to veto wars.))

((Well I'd probably make it so that 2/3 of the Cortz members have to call for the veto rather than an actual vote, so not voting or responding at all sort of counts like voting against the veto. Ideally though, the Cortz members would be more active.))

JpsioAG.png

His Highness, Crown Prince Ferran de Trastámara, invites all members of court to a grand ball at the palace in Valencia. All guest will be provided with food and refreshments.

((It's been pointed out to me that the crown prince has not made much of an appearance, so he's hosting a ball now. This is just a casual event where players can chat with each other, or start working on some nefarious plot if they so desire. :p The crown prince and emperor will be present, so feel free to chat them up. I'll try to respond promptly.))

Petros looked at the announcement to the ball hosted by the Crown Prince and Heir. This was too important to miss, Francesc was a old man and soon his son would be Emperor. The last time the two met, Petros had lost to Ferran in Montsegur's tournament. But he would not let that embarrassment affect his actions to the Prince. He was one of the first to arrive, and greeted the host and his father, and waited for others to arrive.

((The Cortz needs something else than just being a free VP grab, and I'm the Chamberlain, so of course I'll try to empower it. That should also encourage my fellow members to get involved there a bit more ;).))

The wars were over, so the Crown Prince's announcement was welcome. The Duke of Trinacria and his heir would accept the invitation.

Marti de Leon accepts the invitation to the grand ball.